+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Future like the Jetsons? Or something else....

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,151 times in 3,856 posts

Default Future like the Jetsons? Or something else....

Years ago, I thought that living like the Jetson would have been so cool. It was so different from the way things were on our world. Just think, technologies to do everything for us.... We wouldn't have to lift a finger-- much.

Yep, the Jetsons' world as our own would be something else.....
    The way I see it, it wouldn't be long when we'd have a world like Wall-E, a cartoon where the whole human population lived in chairs that went everywhere. Everything was done for them, too. Everyone of them were so obese....And an AI controlled them....

I'm still at the point where I don't mind getting up to turn a switch on or off. Pick up my own phone. Answer my own door or lock it myself. Pay bills in person, drive myself to the store in my own car....Interact with ppl instead of on a cell phone and on social media, dress myself, etc....

Using technologies should make our lives easier, but not at the risk of turning us into useless beings. We're not telepathic anymore because we have phones. We're supposed to have free access to all the information in the Universe, but now we have books and the internet. We don't teleport anymore because we have cars, etc.... We don't heal very well because we have doctors, hospitals and big pharma. And we certainly don't know the Truth because we're so badly deceived. Every technology takes us away from what we really are. Divine sovereign beings with unlimited abilities and skills....

Here's a youtube video that I hope you like. She makes good sense about what is being rolled out for us....

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Maia Gabrial For This Post:

enfoldedblue (18th July 2019), Forest Denizen (18th July 2019), Franny (17th July 2019), KiwiElf (18th July 2019), O Donna (18th July 2019), raregem (18th July 2019), Sue (Ayt) (18th July 2019), T Smith (18th July 2019), toppy (18th July 2019)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,140 times in 1,005 posts

Default Re: Future like the Jetsons? Or something else....

Last week we bought a second hand robo vacuum. We named her Rosie after the robot maid in the Jetsons. I have to admit....I adore her! She reallly makes a difference in terms of the housework. But even though she is just a box that navigates the floors, the fact that she speaks makes us personify her. We joke about how she might try to escape if we forced her into our son's room.

This is pretty funny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvz3LRK263E
    Last edited by enfoldedblue; 18th July 2019 at 00:08.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to enfoldedblue For This Post:

Forest Denizen (18th July 2019), O Donna (18th July 2019), raregem (18th July 2019), Sunny-side-up (18th July 2019), Valerie Villars (18th July 2019)

5. Link to Post #3
    United States Avalon Member raregem's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,105 times in 563 posts

I watched The Jetsons as a kid and thought it would be so awesome to fly-drive everywhere! I believed it was going to be possible someday, too.
    With the nature of high tech today and the nefarious hidden controls I no longer see The Jetsons happening but more 1984 scenarios instead. I still do dream of a better future with the bells and whistles for us.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to raregem For This Post:

enfoldedblue (18th July 2019), Forest Denizen (18th July 2019), O Donna (18th July 2019)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,159 times in 1,663 posts

Awesome share and post, Maia Gabrial! It is no wonder that it crosses a number of our minds the direction this 'thing' has been going from the beginning and continues to be groomed for a particular purpose. It can give a person the Willies just thinking about it.

In another way it feels like experiencing sci-fi in real time. The one good thing. I've noticed, is having it so up front and personal it open the opportunity to also pull back the 'curtain' vs. just sitting back in the audience.

Although that pulling back part can take courage, determination and especially in the beginning...some balance.
    Last edited by O Donna; 18th July 2019 at 03:59. Reason: added gif

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to O Donna For This Post:

enfoldedblue (18th July 2019), Forest Denizen (18th July 2019), raregem (18th July 2019)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,123 times in 3,951 posts

Well people carrying sat-nav drone tech is here.

No need to navigate your self, and has return to start point/home.
    I'm a simple easy going guy that is very upset/sad with the worlds hidden controllers!
    We need LEADERS who bat from the HEART!
    Rise up above them Dark evil doers, not within anger but with LOVE

10. Link to Post #6
    United States Moderator Sue (Ayt)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,814 times in 2,589 posts

Well, some mornings I do admit to wishing that the Jetson "people washer" conveyor belt thing had manifested. The grooming ritual for body maintenance is rapidly becoming so darn tedious with age!

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sue (Ayt) For This Post:

raregem (20th July 2019), Sunny-side-up (18th July 2019)

+ Reply to Thread