Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 5 9 LastLast

Thread: Joints, inflammation, etc

1. Link to Post #81
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,690 times in 13,806 posts

Default Re: Joints, inflammation, etc

Nothing to do with health or inflamation but I love Pommegranit & This is interesting.

I for one will join in with anyone, I don't care what color you are as long as you want to change this miserable condition that exists on this Earth - Malcolm X / Tsar Of The Star

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Constance (31st July 2019), Rosemarie (31st July 2019), toppy (14th August 2019), TrueNorth4 (1st August 2019)

3. Link to Post #82
    Thanks

Quote Posted by TrueNorth4 (here)
    Quote Posted by skyhigh (here)
    I simply listen to the Pain Control video by Sapien Medicine Youtube channel
    I tried those this morning and I found them very helpful as well. Im going to also use them when heading to sleep too. Thank you for the links
    Thanks for your feedback. It's good to know that some members are trying out these videos. I'd like to add that several of the videos in the Sapien Med channel, as I have experienced, will give the user permanent results after listening twice daily for at least three months or more.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to skyhigh For This Post:

Bill Ryan (1st August 2019), Constance (31st July 2019), Rosemarie (31st July 2019), toppy (14th August 2019), TrueNorth4 (1st August 2019)

5. Link to Post #83
    United States Avalon Member TrueNorth4's Avatar
    Thanks

Oh your welcome. I have tried several of them! I really like that particular site.
    "Why would you seek an answer other than the answer that will answer everything?"

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TrueNorth4 For This Post:

Bill Ryan (1st August 2019), Constance (1st August 2019), toppy (14th August 2019)

7. Link to Post #84
    Thanks

Thumbs up Re: Joints, inflammation, etc

Thank you, very grateful that you shared.

Studies on the anti-inflammatory benefits of pomegranates.

Here is a great resource:

http://wonderfulpomegranateresearch.com/studies.html

Awesome sites and info as well, TY
    I'm going to review them ...
    Last edited by Bill Ryan; 1st August 2019 at 14:19. Reason: fixed link formatting
    "Why would you seek an answer other than the answer that will answer everything?"

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TrueNorth4 For This Post:

Bill Ryan (1st August 2019), Constance (1st August 2019), Pieman (2nd September 2019), toppy (14th August 2019)

9. Link to Post #85
    United States On Sabbatical avatar's Avatar
    Thanks

Before going to bed medical tape a small (watch size) magnet on the indentations either side of the kneecap.
    These are meridian lines and you will feel better in the am. Learned from chiropractor.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to avatar For This Post:

Bill Ryan (2nd August 2019), Constance (2nd August 2019), onevoice (2nd August 2019), Pieman (2nd September 2019), toppy (14th August 2019), Valerie Villars (6th August 2019)

11. Link to Post #86
    Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,435 times in 3,321 posts

Arachadonic acid and inflammation

Brooke Goldner, MD

Diagnosis
    Systemic lupus erythematosus, Stage 4 kidney failure, stroke

Prognosis
    Six months to live, risk of death if pregnant, major stroke

When Brooke Goldner was 16, she experienced stage 4 kidney failure, due to a serious case of lupus. Initially told she had six months to live, Brooke defied all odds by staying alive with the help of intense chemotherapy, and upon completion, was able to wean herself off all medications. But her struggle was far from over.

When she entered medical school in her twenties, Brooke developed anti-phospholipid antibodies-a painful malady that causes blood clots, which in turn gave her double vision and even resulted in a stroke. She dealt with this new diagnosis by injecting her stomach with blood thinners every day. She was told that she would never be able to bear children.

When all seemed lost, Brooke became romantically involved with her now husband Thomas Tadlock, who encouraged her to stop consuming cheese and eggs (she was a long-time vegetarian by that point). Trading in her animal products for a high-raw diet rich in fresh vegetables, after four months, Brooke no longer suffered from joint pain, migraines, fatigue, and more shockingly, her lupus and blood clot-inducing antibodies disappeared too.
    After two years of perfect lab results, she weaned herself off blood thinners, and four years later-even though she was still warned against it-Brooke became pregnant and gave birth to a baby boy. Now healthy as ever at 40, Brooke has dedicated her career as a medical doctor to advocating for disease prevention and treatment by way of fruit and vegetables.

Transcript to video
    Why Bone Broth & Eggs are More Likely to Kill You than to Heal You
    "Hey guys, listen, I get it. It is really hard to get good information out there and I know there are so many of you who are searching for the right information about how to reverse disease in yourself. Whether you have autoimmune disease, or you have cancer, or you have heart disease and there is just so much bad information out there.

I just saw another client who was doing bone broth and putting egg yolks in their green smoothie because they were told by people who do the Gaps diet that they have to have that stuff in order to heal.

And, what happened, she got worse, she got worse and that's what's happening. I have all these people showing up to me who are either paleo or on Gaps diet or all these things where they're eating animal products, being told that that's going to reverse their disease.

Well let me set this straight for you guys and I'm going to show you some science in a moment about why that is completely backwards okay?

Just because there are some people who feel a little better when they go on those diets, doesn't mean everything in the diet was helping them.

That's like saying that someone who smokes who didn't get cancer, it's because they smoked, No! It's because of other things, other factors going on - the smoking didn't help. They probably would have been better off without it. So what you really need to look at is the actual science okay?

So this person I was talking to, she's trying so hard to heal and she's looking up and researching and she's getting the wrong information.

And so she asked me how do I know that you have the right information? I was like, "because I have science on my side."

So I'm going to show you something that I showed her that I actually use when I teach doctors and hospitals about how to create a true anti-inflammatory diet. And, it'll put an end to this idea that there's any possible way that eating eggs and egg yolks and meat or bone broth is doing anything but making you worse okay?

So I hope you guys are ready and I'm sorry I'm pumped up but I can't stand this because there's millions of people out there who are suffering right now and they're getting fed, literally fed the wrong information okay?

[...] Alright. Now don't be scared of the science here.

I'm going to show you this is something called the omega six pathway okay? So, every time you eat oils besides olive oil; processed foods, chicken, eggs, beef, fish, duck, any animal product, you are supplying arachidonic acid to your body okay?

What does that do?

Arachadonic acid, when you've got this in your body, it accelerates the conversion of these products okay? So it increases the activity of an enzyme called 5-LOX, increases the activity of COX 1, it increases the activity of COX 2.

I'll tell you why that matters in a second. When it does that it also increases the activity of LTB-4, TXA-2 and PGA-2. Alright, here's what that means in plain English. When you have too much 5-LOX for example, because you've had too much arachadonic acid from eggs and meat, you have more cancer growth, more cancer invasion, more cancer metastasis all right?

Which means you have more chronic inflammation, you've got more destruction of healthy tissue, more arthritis, edema, asthma, heart attacks, pain, inflammatory bowel disease, there's more, but I ran out of room on the screen okay guys? When you have too much COX-1, you make blood clots and you have heart attacks and strokes. When you have too much COX-2, you have more blood supply to cancer cells which makes cancer grow more, and you've got more cancer, chronic inflammation, pain, irritable bowel, inflammatory bowel disease okay? Let me show this to you in another way.

This is what happens when you eat animal products okay? Let me show you in another way.

This my friends, is the Omega 6 pathway and the Omega three pathway okay? The one on the left, this is the pathway that happens when you eat vegetable oils, land animals, fats and processed foods, meat, eggs and seafood okay? They all create arachidonic acid which I just showed you which creates inflammation disease okay? This pathway on the right, flax and chia seeds which leads to ALA, which leads down to EPA/DHA which creates an anti-inflammatory pathway. Now you might have been told, "Oh, you can't convert flax and chia seeds into omega -3's." You want to know why?

Here's some more really good science guys. These guys use the same enzyme and guess what? This enzyme prefers that pathway, so if you're eating flax and chia seeds but you're also eating land animals, processed foods and vegetable oils, you're going to preferentially create more inflammation and you're not going to convert your LA. But! If you eliminate this stuff, BOOM! The enzyme preferentially just converts into a nice, beautiful anti-inflammatory pathway.

This is how I hack into people's immune systems and get them the most rapid healing that anyone on the planet has ever seen. This is real science people okay? So, if you eliminate the inflammatory foods okay? If you eliminate the vegetable oils, the land animals; I don't care if they're factory farmed or if they're grazing out some somewhere, same same process alright?

You eliminate the meat and eggs and seafood; you will stop creating all this inflammation okay? And here's the cool thing, when you create EPA and DHA, it blocks the conversion of arachidonic acid into more inflammation! This is the most beautiful science here, and literally when I teach this to doctors, I can hear their pens and their jaws hit the floor because the only thing we're ever taught in medical school, is how to use drugs to stop this but not the fact that you can just stop eating the foods that fuel it okay?

So if anybody, IF anybody tells you that you need to eat meat or eggs to heal yourself from autoimmune disease, I want you to run the other way, because they have NO idea what they're talking about.

All right guys, so listen, I'm telling you, if someone says eat eggs, or butter or animal products and you will heal autoimmune disease, run! Run the other way, they don't understand what they're talking about, they don't understand the science of what they're doing.

Now I'm sorry I'm so pumped up guys I just, you know, I've dedicated my life and my practice to helping people heal. There are millions of people out there right now suffering from lupus and rheumatoid arthritis with scleroderma and Sjogren's and heart disease and cancer and some of them are actively searching on how to use food to naturally heal and they are being told the wrong thing and that is their life okay?
    I love you guys, I want you guys to live amazing blissful healthy lives. I hope that helps you dispel some of the questions you have, or some of the doubts you have over whether or not plant-based eating is the way to live and the way to heal. I promise you if you follow what I teach you, you will live a healthier happier life and that's all I want for you guys. I love you guys, I hope that helps."

Why Bone Broth & Eggs are More Likely to Kill You than to Heal You
    Last edited by Constance; 6th August 2019 at 23:18.

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

Bill Ryan (6th August 2019), fifi (6th August 2019), IndigoSpiral (3rd September 2019), Pieman (2nd September 2019), Rosemarie (8th August 2019), toppy (14th August 2019)

13. Link to Post #87
    UK Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,213 times in 164 posts

In winter I kept having days where I couldn't walk due to massive pain. I damaged my legs in motorbike accidents as a teenager and they took cartledge out from the side of my knee. Since then all the cartledge in that knee has worn away which was shown on an MRI and x ray in February. Basically I have been walking with bone on bone. Doctors said I need a knee replacement but at 49 that is not really an option.
    I've been taking MSM since that terrible pain in winter and have had no more such problems. I walk over an hour each day with my dog on hilly tracks. We are truly amazed at how MSM helped me and I can only recommend looking at it if you have joint pains.

14. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to IChingUChing For This Post:

bennycog (7th August 2019), Bill Ryan (6th August 2019), Constance (6th August 2019), DeeMetrios (10th August 2019), Deux Corbeaux (8th August 2019), fifi (6th August 2019), Pieman (2nd September 2019), toppy (14th August 2019), Valerie Villars (6th August 2019)

15. Link to Post #88
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,531 times in 32,788 posts

Quote Posted by IChingUChing (here)
    We are truly amazed at how MSM helped me and I can only recommend looking at it if you have joint pains.
    Great story, wonderful to hear, and very well done — how much do you take??

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Constance (6th August 2019), Deux Corbeaux (8th August 2019), IChingUChing (6th August 2019), toppy (14th August 2019), TrueNorth4 (9th August 2019), Yoda (6th August 2019)

17. Link to Post #89
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Arcturian108 (here)
    Bill,
    If you are familiar with Nexus Magazine, then you can look up their article "The Borax Conspiracy" as I don't think I can copy the pdf file here. The element boron has been eliminated from our diets just so we can get arthritic sooner, rather than later. Boron is readily available in the cleaning agent sold in American supermarkets under the name "Borax". I have been ingesting it as a supplement for 20 years and it nipped my arthritic knees and hands in the bud.
    See this thread:
    The original Borax Conspiracy article (very interesting, too) is posted in full in post #23, here.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Constance (6th August 2019), Pieman (2nd September 2019), toppy (14th August 2019), Yoda (6th August 2019)

19. Link to Post #90
    UK Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,213 times in 164 posts

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    Quote Posted by IChingUChing (here)
    We are truly amazed at how MSM helped me and I can only recommend looking at it if you have joint pains.
    Great story, wonderful to hear, and very well done — how much do you take??
    Hi Bill,

I have Holland & Barrett MSM 750mg Coated Caplets and I just take 2 in the morning.

On the package it says take one to four daily preferably with meals.

When I ran out a few months a go, my wife mistakenly bought another product for joints in a similar package to the MSM (but wasn't MSM) and some knee pain returned while using that one. When subsequently back on the MSM the pain was gone again. I'm over the moon and long may it last! Don't really fancy a knee replacement yet.

20. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to IChingUChing For This Post:

bennycog (7th August 2019), Bill Ryan (7th August 2019), Brightstar (9th August 2019), Constance (6th August 2019), Deux Corbeaux (8th August 2019), Pieman (2nd September 2019), toppy (14th August 2019), TrueNorth4 (9th August 2019), Valerie Villars (7th August 2019)

21. Link to Post #91
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Next week I hope to have an MRI for my spine which has been sappin my strength, energy & joy for the past four years.

May I ask what MSM is?
    I for one will join in with anyone, I don't care what color you are as long as you want to change this miserable condition that exists on this Earth - Malcolm X / Tsar Of The Star

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Bill Ryan (7th August 2019), Constance (7th August 2019), Pieman (2nd September 2019), toppy (14th August 2019), Valerie Villars (7th August 2019)

23. Link to Post #92
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Star Tsar (here)
    Next week I hope to have an MRI for my spine which has been sappin my strength, energy & joy for the past four years.

May I ask what MSM is?
    8 Science-Backed Benefits of MSM Supplements

Methylsulfonylmethane, more commonly known as MSM, is a popular dietary supplement used to treat a wide array of symptoms and conditions.

It’s a sulfur-containing compound found naturally in plants, animals and humans. It can also be produced in a lab to create dietary supplements in powder or capsule form.

MSM is widely used in the alternative medicine field and by people looking for a natural way to relieve joint pain, reduce inflammation and boost immunity.

In addition, research supports its use in treating a number of conditions from arthritis to rosacea.

(long and detailed article continues)

24. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Alecs (9th August 2019), Constance (7th August 2019), Deux Corbeaux (8th August 2019), Pieman (2nd September 2019), Star Tsar (7th August 2019), toppy (14th August 2019), TrueNorth4 (9th August 2019), Valerie Villars (7th August 2019), Yoda (9th August 2019)

25. Link to Post #93
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,050 times in 521 posts

I had a large thread on the benifits of MSM a while back, the stuff works. When I was in my late thirties I ask the doctor about the cracking of my hip, he said when I get to be in my 60s I might need a hip replacement. In my late 40s I fell through the ice in a beaver pod snowshoeing with some friends, I was OK but when I got home for the next week my hip was killing me even after taking hot baths,electric heating pads etc. Now I'm in my 60s and walking more than 2k the hip starts to hurt. I am taking MSM but have a good pain killer which is better than any over the counter medicine. Its topical lotion 1000mg of active cannabidol non THC. I can now go 3k without the hip hurting. I don't want a hip replacement if I can help it.

I have a friend that got an attack of gout, he swears by it helping with the pain and swelling. Calls it a miracle after trying almost everything.
    It sucks getting older but its part of the deal with the body..

26. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ichingcarpenter For This Post:

Bill Ryan (7th August 2019), Constance (8th August 2019), Deux Corbeaux (8th August 2019), Pieman (2nd September 2019), Star Tsar (8th August 2019), toppy (14th August 2019), TrueNorth4 (9th August 2019), Valerie Villars (9th August 2019)

27. Link to Post #94
    Language
    Dutch
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,068 times in 456 posts

Quote Posted by ichingcarpenter (here)
    I had a large thread on the benifits of MSM a while back, the stuff works.
    Can you give me a link to that tread, please.

Thank you . 👍🏼

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Deux Corbeaux For This Post:

Bill Ryan (8th August 2019), Constance (8th August 2019), Pieman (2nd September 2019), Star Tsar (9th August 2019), toppy (14th August 2019)

29. Link to Post #95
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Deux Corbeaux (here)

Thank you. 👍🏼
    Here:

30. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Constance (8th August 2019), Deux Corbeaux (8th August 2019), Pieman (2nd September 2019), Star Tsar (9th August 2019), toppy (14th August 2019), TrueNorth4 (9th August 2019), Yoda (9th August 2019)

31. Link to Post #96
    Language
    Dutch
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,068 times in 456 posts

Quote Posted by Deux Corbeaux (here)

Thank you. 👍🏼
    Here:
    Thanks. I couldn’t find the thread anymore, I think because MSM was not in the title.
    Funny thing is I even posted on it.
    I’m getting old.....

32. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Deux Corbeaux For This Post:

Bill Ryan (8th August 2019), Constance (8th August 2019), Star Tsar (9th August 2019), toppy (14th August 2019), TrueNorth4 (9th August 2019), Valerie Villars (9th August 2019)

33. Link to Post #97
    Thanks

Angry Re: Joints, inflammation, etc

MSM is widely used in the alternative medicine field and by people looking for a natural way to relieve joint pain, reduce inflammation and boost immunity.

In addition, research supports its use in treating a number of conditions from arthritis
    I started giving my dog this MSM in Glycloseame. Vet said its very good. I saw a change in her with in 3 days when I started her on it. She is almost 14 yrs old and has 15 lead pellets in the same area as the sevier arthritis on her back end. ( she was shot and left untreated b4 I adopted her , now they can't take them out!). She is doing great, she really is a changed personality 4 the better. Also started her on bone broth Jello I make.
    Collagen peptides is also a very good supplement for healthy joint, bone health.

——
    Edited by Cara to fix quotation BB codes
    Last edited by Cara; 9th August 2019 at 10:56. Reason: Fixed quotation

34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TrueNorth4 For This Post:

Bill Ryan (9th August 2019), Rosemarie (9th August 2019), toppy (14th August 2019), Valerie Villars (9th August 2019)

35. Link to Post #98
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks

I use it in fruit smoothies

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Loven Liven For This Post:

Bill Ryan (9th August 2019), toppy (14th August 2019)

37. Link to Post #99
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Dr Bergman is highly informative & funny

38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Bill Ryan (9th August 2019), Constance (9th August 2019)

39. Link to Post #100
    New Zealand Avalon Member
    Thanks

Glucosamine for pain and joint care, Tumeric , and also Hemp Seed oil for immunity inflammation , gut health etc full of fatty acids (Omega's ).

40. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Durga ma For This Post:

Bill Ryan (9th August 2019), Pieman (9th August 2019), toppy (14th August 2019), TrueNorth4 (10th August 2019)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 5 9 LastLast