Language
    Romanian
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,568 times in 1,716 posts

Default Re: Joints, inflammation, etc

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    Quote Posted by Sunny-side-up (here)
    Quote 2 pig feet;- 2 pig ears;- 1-2 pig tails
    EFO I think I rather have my joint stiffness, arthritis and inflammation.
    Well, it's actually just a kind of bone broth. My guess is that the same benefits would be found from beef bones, as well — a good source of collagen.
    Thanks Bill,I forgot to mention the beef which is way more tasteful than pig with the same seasonings.

On the other hand this food can be made also from any kind of birds chicken,turkey and/or ostrich with according buying prices.
    "Your planet is forbidden for an open visit - extremely aggressive social environment,despite almost perfect climatic conditions.Almost 4 billion violent deaths for the last 5000 years and about 15000 major military conflicts in the same period."

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to EFO For This Post:

Belle (22nd July 2019), Bill Ryan (21st July 2019), Cara (22nd July 2019), Delight (21st July 2019), Denise/Dizi (23rd April 2021), Ewan (2nd October 2021), Hym (21st July 2019), petra (25th July 2019), Rosemarie (21st July 2019), Sunny-side-up (21st July 2019), toppy (21st July 2019)

3. Link to Post #22
    United States Moderator Sue (Ayt)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,536 times in 2,553 posts

This is timely for me, Bill, as I had some kind of bad knee injury in February. Being stupid, I was trying to move a king size bed and I gave a mighty shove with my knee, and heard a loud audible pop! Shortly after, I had excrutiating pain and swelling and couldn't walk on that leg at all, so reluctantly figured I had to go to the ER.

My sister took me, and wheeled me in where I was told my BP was sky high. It's usually normal, but they said pain does that, and finally they did an xray. (horrendous pain trying to get on the table, and then position the knee as they needed me to.) After quite a wait, a nurse finally called me in and said nothing was found on the xray except some arthritis, and they couldn't prescribe any pain pills except tramadol (neither of which I would take anyway). I was to do R.I.C.E. (rest, ice, compression, elevate) and they gave me some crutches and sent me on my way. I also was to call an Orthopedic Surgeon in the morning for an appointment and an MRI.

Once home, in great pain, I did do the RICE, and Ibuprofen helped, as it had for me with a bad injury in the past. But the ortho doc was unable to see me for 10 days, so I figured it was pretty much up to me to battle through til then, and I did massive research to figure out what best to do. For the injury, I took a lot of Vitamin C every 2 hours or so, and the ice helped most.

Anyway, after slowly healing for the 10 days I finally made it to the Ortho Doc and it was the worst appt. ever! I believe he saw me for about 5 minutes. He hardly examined my knee, and he said "You have arthritis. I can give you a shot of cortisone to help."
    I asked him "Why would I want cortisone???"
    He says, "It will help your pain."
    I told him that it's been healing for 10 days now, and the pain has lessened and I felt it was already healing, so no thanks. His response was "Suit yourself, then. That's about all I can do. I'll give you a brace to wear." Then he was about out the door when I caught him and asked him "But doc - what happened here?"
    He says it's just arthritis, typical of age, and nothing can be done, and the "POP" I heard was just "Bone on Bone" and it will just continue to get worse and I will need a knee replacement. Bye.

Anyhow - I went out of there so disgusted. I was unaware I even had arthritis. (although slight tinges on occasion, in the one knee, like Bill said.) But basically, I was on my own with this. (despite a bill for $180 + $75 for the leg brace) What a rip-off waste that visit was! The doc never even did an MRI.

My research found that most likely the pop I heard was something to do with the ACL, or something similar, so I researched that best I could. Also researched everything I could about arthritis, as I have no intention of joining the joint replacement crowd. Sorry doc. My research also found that the scare tactic term of "bone on bone" is a fallacy used to facilitate the high dollar joint replacement procedures. (Seem that the joint replacements of today are very much like the mass tonsillectomies us boomers all had in the 50's/60's.) ChaChing$$$

What I found that I took was:
    Gu Sui Bu (drynaria fortunai) a Chinese herbal forumla that re-builds cartilage and bone
    Collagen
    Fish Oil
    Glucosamine/Chondroitin/MSM
    Hylauronic Acid
    Vitamin C

For pain I used rubs of
    magnesium oil spray (which I make myself and use anyway)
    Frankincense essential oil
    and a product called Penetrex, a roll-on which includes arnica and DMSO

Anyway, it has been 6 months now, and I have toned down on taking these some now, as I am back to where I was before. Yay! I ditched the crutches, and the brace after a month, but used compression knee sleeve for a few months more, and might continue as they are so supportive and feel good.

Oh - one more thing that worked amazingly for me, although I didn't really think it would, was a tens machine. It really did seem to make the pain vanish by the next morning when I used it! Really surprised me. I am now a believer in the TENS.

Now my knees both feel almost better than ever, and I am so so grateful about that. Maybe it's just because after that god-awful pain, I just feel elated to be hiking and gardening and doing all that good stuff again.
    Last edited by Sue (Ayt); 22nd July 2019 at 06:09.

4. The Following 24 Users Say Thank You to Sue (Ayt) For This Post:

Ami (8th July 2021), Belle (22nd July 2019), Bill Ryan (21st July 2019), bobme (21st July 2019), Cara (21st July 2019), Constance (21st July 2019), DeeMetrios (22nd July 2019), Delight (21st July 2019), EFO (21st July 2019), Ewan (2nd October 2021), fifi (22nd July 2019), Franny (21st July 2019), happyuk (21st July 2019), Hym (21st July 2019), IndigoSpiral (2nd September 2019), leavesoftrees (22nd July 2019), Maybee (22nd July 2019), Pam (21st July 2019), petra (25th July 2019), Rosemarie (21st July 2019), Sadieblue (22nd July 2019), Sunny-side-up (21st July 2019), toppy (21st July 2019), Valerie Villars (21st July 2019)

5. Link to Post #23
    UK Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,192 times in 437 posts

Have you tried using MSM Bill? There is lots of evidence that it calms pain and inflammation, detoxes and helps joint mobility.

https://draxe.com/nutrition/supplements/msm-supplement/

"6 MSM Supplement Benefits

Commonly used topically on the skin and also taken by mouth, MSM is especially popular as part of an arthritis diet and supplementation plan to treat arthritis pain or osteoarthritis/degenerative joint disease since it helps form connective tissue and repair joints, tendons and ligaments.

Of course, that is just one of many MSM supplement benefits. Methylsulfonylmethane supplementation can do the following:
    1. Treats Osteoarthritis and Joint Pain

A well-researched benefit of MSM is that it helps decrease joint inflammation, improves flexibility and restores collagen production. Research shows that many patients with arthritis, joint pain, stiffness, knee/back problems and a limited range of motion experience a reduction in symptoms and improved quality of life when taking an MSM supplement.

MSM supplements are beneficial for helping the body form new joint and muscle tissue while lowering inflammatory responses that contribute to swelling and stiffness. An MSM supplement is a natural and effective anti-inflammatory because of how sulfur impacts the immune system and facilitates normal cellular activity. Sulfur needs to be present for our cells to release many byproducts and excess fluids that can accumulate and cause swelling/tenderness.

A clinical trial testing the effects of MSM on joint pain in 118 patients with osteoarthritis found that compared to a placebo, MSM supplements taken over 12 weeks resulted in more improvements in pain, swelling and joint mobility. MSM supplements were given in 500-milligram doses three times daily along with glucosamine (also taken in 500-milligram doses three times daily). Together they both seem to safely reduce inflammation and pain intensity without causing side effects for the majority of people. (3)

That makes MSM — especially when combined with glucosamine — an excellent natural treatment for arthritis."

Trisher

6. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Trisher For This Post:

Belle (22nd July 2019), Cara (22nd July 2019), DeeMetrios (22nd July 2019), Delight (21st July 2019), Earth Angel (22nd July 2019), Franny (21st July 2019), Rosemarie (21st July 2019), Sue (Ayt) (21st July 2019), toppy (23rd July 2019)

7. Link to Post #24
    Thanks
    Thanked 39,308 times in 5,717 posts

Quote Posted by Rosemarie (here)
    My shoulder hurts so much I feel like ripping it out sometimes. Tendonitis. Inflammation and the pain irradiates to the arm and neck. Doctor just giving me anti-inflammatory medicine once a day and hot compresses but I am reading I should use an ice pack ? Doctor doesn’t want to give me cortisone injection because of my diabetis. ( under control ) Any advice ?
    For the shoulder, maybe think about PEMF (Pulsed ElectroMagnetic Field therapy). If you have access to a powerful machine (maybe at a chiropractor's office), that is good. There is a device on amazon called actipatch. It is taped into place and left on for 8 to 12 hours at a time. It takes a few days especially if pain is chronic.

Golden Milk using turmeric, ginger and pepper together is really good IMO.

Quote Golden Milk Recipe
    Perfect for an evening drink just before bed, here’s Dr. Weil’s recipe for Golden Milk:

Heat 2 cups light, unsweetened coconut milk (or almond or soymilk)
    Add 1/2 tablespoon peeled, grated fresh ginger
    Add 1 tablespoon peeled, grated fresh turmeric
    Add 3-4 black peppercorns
    Heat all ingredients in a saucepan
    Stir well
    Bring to a simmer and simmer covered for 10 minutes.
    Strain and sweeten to taste (if desired).
    I also think massage therapy is a key to relieving pain. Hands on doesn't have to be professional IMO... just well intended.
    Last edited by Delight; 21st July 2019 at 15:58.

8. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Delight For This Post:

Belle (22nd July 2019), Bill Ryan (21st July 2019), Cara (22nd July 2019), Constance (22nd July 2019), Deega (24th July 2019), Earth Angel (22nd July 2019), Franny (21st July 2019), Hym (21st July 2019), Rosemarie (21st July 2019), Sue (Ayt) (21st July 2019), toppy (23rd July 2019)

9. Link to Post #25
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,535 times in 32,788 posts

Quote Posted by Trisher (here)
    Have you tried using MSM Bill? There is lots of evidence that it calms pain and inflammation, detoxes and helps joint mobility.
    Thanks! Yes, I take MSM (with Glucosamine and Chondroitin) daily. The combo was 500mg, 750mg, and 600mg, but I started doubling that a few days ago.

* A personal note: I'm not unduly worried. I just find this interesting: it's how I learn things. But because I had some attention on it, I thought it might be a useful resource thread for others, too.

10. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Belle (22nd July 2019), Cara (22nd July 2019), Delight (21st July 2019), fifi (23rd July 2019), Franny (21st July 2019), Hym (21st July 2019), Rosemarie (21st July 2019), Sadieblue (22nd July 2019), toppy (23rd July 2019), Valerie Villars (21st July 2019), Yoda (22nd July 2019)

11. Link to Post #26
    Great Britain Avalon Member samildamach's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,338 times in 356 posts

Hello, Everyone:

I'm unaware of a Health and Wellness thread about this, but I figured the issue must be so common it might be appreciated by some. That's the issue of joint stiffness, arthritis (when things get rather more difficult), and inflammation in general, which I suspect isn't all that well understood by many.

I have a minor issue myself with this, which is what got me looking at it all. (So often, we only pay attention to these things when a problem surfaces!)

I have slightly creaky knees — Okay, so have most of us, may come the answer — but it's important here, as I'm a mountaineer who ventures into the high wilderness regularly. So it's pretty crucial for me to have strong knees that are guaranteed to work well.

I'll report on my progress, as I and others do on the very interesting Water Fasting thread. When I realized there was a problem — stiffness and the very occasional pain under load, which has never happened before — I figured the following:
    1. This has only just started... which means it can be easily caught and handled.
    2. It's all within my control, as it's highly likely to be 99% connected with diet and inflammatory foods.
    So for the last 10 days or so I've strictly cut out all
    • sugars (apart from fruits and honey)
    • dairy products (zero milk, butter, cheese or yogurt)
    • eggs
    • wheat, oats and corn.
    • (I don't drink alcohol, or else I'd have cut that out as well.)
    And I'm taking a tablespoon of turmeric a day, mixed with sesame oil and a ton of ground black pepper, to aid absorption. Turmeric is famous for being a natural and highly effective anti-inflammatory. It's impossible to overdose on the stiff. (Ask any Indian cook! )

Things are getting better already. Even 10 days focused attention, with a bit of added discipline that's been surprisingly easy, has made a difference. I'm giving myself a major stress-test tomorrow, on a strenuous high day hike, and I'll report back.

I'd love to hear of others' experiences here. I'm aware my little issue here is really minor compared with those who've been coping with arthritis and other inflammation-connected problems. But I do know that some have turned those right around, too. Your shared stories might be VERY helpful to a lot of people.

About a year ago I was asking for help with my dogs arthritis suffering.
    Target recommended msm in tablet form.
    It's in expensive and easy to get hold of.
    I know three people who are now using it successfully for joint pain and ease of movement.
    It simply adds a film to the catlidge area affected acting like a buffer.it takes about three weeks to start working.

12. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to samildamach For This Post:

Belle (22nd July 2019), Bill Ryan (21st July 2019), Cara (22nd July 2019), fifi (23rd July 2019), Franny (21st July 2019), Hym (21st July 2019), meeradas (21st July 2019), Rosemarie (21st July 2019), toppy (23rd July 2019)

13. Link to Post #27
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,330 times in 2,365 posts

Quote Posted by Valerie Villars (here)
    Perhaps wearing a simple neoprene or similar brace on your knee to stabilize it while on the hikes could reduce the risk.

As Patient said above, the same thing happened to me one day, but while doing squats (which I had literally done thousands of time in my life) and to this day, many years later, it is still and will always be messed up.
    As a Chinese doctor told me: "First your knees go, then your hips." That's the main reason I want to lose weight.

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to TomKat For This Post:

Bill Ryan (21st July 2019), Cara (22nd July 2019), Constance (24th July 2019), Hym (22nd July 2019), Rosemarie (21st July 2019), toppy (23rd July 2019)

15. Link to Post #28
    United States Avalon Member NancyV's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,067 times in 989 posts

About 5 months ago I started my husband on an experimental diet. He not only was in a state of constant inflammation, but had open heart surgery (triple bypass) and is on dialysis, which I do for him at home 3 days a week. He is allergic to LOTS of foods, herbs, medicines, etc etc. I've poisoned him more times than I can remember with my different experiments to try to get him healthier.

I ran across the Carnivore Diet, which is animal products only, mostly just meat. We cut out all foods except steak (rib eye) and ate that twice a day. He lost about 55 pounds in 4 months and all his inflammation disappeared. When you cut out all carbs you begin to burn fat and go into a state of ketosis. One could argue that a diet prevalent in meat was probably a normal human diet for many thousands of years.

We started adding back one thing at a time and as we thought, he is allergic to almost all the foods we have tried for him. Right now he is only eating steak, salt, potatoes, butter, chicken and maybe some toast once or twice a week. Most vegetables and salad make him throw up very quickly. So he will probably stay on a mostly meat diet. No inflammation has returned. His kidney doctor also says that his numbers are getting much better. I draw blood once a month and we send it to be analyzed ... the results are that a big improvement has taken place.

One of the best ways to find out if you are allergic to certain foods is to go on a mono diet of meat, which probably most people would not be allergic to, and then add back one thing at a time after at least a month. There are lots of videos on youtube on the carnivore diet and many people have reversed many different problems and diseases with the carnivore diet. There are quite a few doctors who also do youtube videos on a regular basis.
    Alpha Mike Foxtrot

16. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to NancyV For This Post:

Belle (22nd July 2019), Bill Ryan (22nd July 2019), Cara (22nd July 2019), Deux Corbeaux (22nd July 2019), Hervé (22nd July 2019), Hym (22nd July 2019), Kate (22nd July 2019), PurpleLama (22nd July 2019), Rosemarie (22nd July 2019), Sadieblue (22nd July 2019), Sue (Ayt) (22nd July 2019), Tam (22nd July 2019), Tintin (22nd July 2019), toppy (23rd July 2019), Valerie Villars (22nd July 2019)

17. Link to Post #29
    Morocco Unsubscribed
    Language
    Discordian
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,082 times in 4,764 posts

I would consider taking castor oil packs, perhaps on the point of injury/inflammation. Also, apple vinegar with mother is a powerful anti-inflammatory, but in order to be effective must be taken in a high enough dose. Two fingers in a pint jar with twice as much water. Chug it down!

18. Link to Post #30
    Thanks

Quote Posted by NancyV (here)
    the Carnivore Diet
    Nancy, many thanks, and that's SO SO SO interesting. I really appreciated the detailed report. Kudos to you for making it all work out when so many might have become totally discouraged.

There's a marvelous book by Dr Richard Mackarness called Not All in the Mind. You should do whatever you can to get it.

He was a psychiatrist, and discovered that many people who were institutionalized, on heavy drug regimes, and diagnosed with (e.g.) schizophrenia suddenly became totally normal when the foods they were allergic to were identified and eliminated — usually, a whole bunch of everyday things all at once.

In the book, Mackarness recommends the Carnivore Diet.... one of the very earliest to do so. The book was published in 1976.

19. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Belle (22nd July 2019), Cara (22nd July 2019), fifi (23rd July 2019), Hervé (22nd July 2019), Hym (22nd July 2019), NancyV (22nd July 2019), Rosemarie (22nd July 2019), Sadieblue (22nd July 2019), Tam (22nd July 2019), toppy (23rd July 2019), Yoda (22nd July 2019)

20. Link to Post #31
    United States Moderator (on Sabbatical) Deborah (ahamkara)'s Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,795 times in 417 posts

To reduce inflammation I would recommend limiting carbohydrates. I am currently on an anti cancer regimen that includes a restricted eating window- eating for 6-7 hours and fasting for 17-18 hour a each day. Dr. Panda at the Salk institute in San Diego has produced impressive results - with mice - reducing inflammation, diabetes and many many other biomarkers for disease using this protocol. He is currently gathering data from human volunteers who are using intermittent fasting.

I have noticed increased energy and a complete reduction of inflammatory and arthritic symptoms. I would recommend giving it a try and monitoring symptoms. Good luck !

21. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Deborah (ahamkara) For This Post:

Belle (22nd July 2019), Bill Ryan (22nd July 2019), Cara (22nd July 2019), Constance (22nd July 2019), fifi (23rd July 2019), Franny (22nd July 2019), Hym (22nd July 2019), NancyV (22nd July 2019), Rosemarie (22nd July 2019), Sadieblue (22nd July 2019), Sue (Ayt) (22nd July 2019), toppy (23rd July 2019), Valerie Villars (22nd July 2019)

22. Link to Post #32
    UK Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,192 times in 437 posts

First and foremost is gut health. If we have gut Dysbiosis and we have leaky gut then we will have all kinds of health issues from inflammation to allergies to food, joint pains, acidosis etc. Most of our immune system lies in the microbiome. There are many ways to start healing it. I would say that fermented foods would be on the top of my list as well as adjusting the diet to create a healthier gut ( more veggies..no processed foods..more raw).
    Another way to heal body inflammation is taking alkaline baths. You can add Sodium Bicarbonate..Epsom salts..Magnesium chloride and measure the PH. (Salt is not recommended) Anything over 8.5 would be good. The bath should be taken at around body temperature and last a minimum of an hour and a half to two hours to get maximum results. If you top up the water then you need to add more Sodium Bicarbonate. This bathing will pull acidity and toxins from the body and ease joint pain. If you don't have a bath then a foot bath will also be beneficial. Doing this a number of times will have good results for most people and is an ancient remedy for good health.

Trisher

23. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Trisher For This Post:

Belle (22nd July 2019), Bill Ryan (22nd July 2019), fifi (23rd July 2019), Franny (22nd July 2019), lightwalker (28th July 2019), NancyV (22nd July 2019), Rosemarie (22nd July 2019), toppy (23rd July 2019), Valerie Villars (22nd July 2019)

24. Link to Post #33
    Thanks

Quote Posted by ahamkara (here)
    To reduce inflammation I would recommend limiting carbohydrates. I am currently on an anti cancer regimen that includes a restricted eating window- eating for 6-7 hours and fasting for 17-18 hour a each day. Dr. Panda at the Salk institute in San Diego has produced impressive results - with mice - reducing inflammation, diabetes and many many other biomarkers for disease using this protocol. He is currently gathering data from human volunteers who are using intermittent fasting.

I have noticed increased energy and a complete reduction of inflammatory and arthritic symptoms. I would recommend giving it a try and monitoring symptoms. Good luck !
    Very interesting — can you share a little more about your protocol? Is your 6-7 hour eating window in the morning? And what do you eat and drink during that period? When you say you limit carbs, do you also limit fruit and vegetables?

THX... great news that you're doing so well on this.

25. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Franny (22nd July 2019), NancyV (22nd July 2019), Rosemarie (22nd July 2019), sunwings (23rd July 2019), toppy (23rd July 2019), Yoda (22nd July 2019)

26. Link to Post #34
    Thanks

Quote Posted by NancyV (here)
    the Carnivore Diet
    Nancy, many thanks, and that's SO SO SO interesting. I really appreciated the detailed report. Kudos to you for making it all work out when so many might have become totally discouraged.

There's a marvelous book by Dr Richard Mackarness called Not All in the Mind. You should do whatever you can to get it.

He was a psychiatrist, and discovered that many people who were institutionalized, on heavy drug regimes, and diagnosed with (e.g.) schizophrenia suddenly became totally normal when the foods they were allergic to were identified and eliminated — usually, a whole bunch of everyday things all at once.

In the book, Mackarness recommends the Carnivore Diet.... one of the very earliest to do so. The book was published in 1976.
    Thanks, Bill, I ordered the book on Amazon just now and it looks great. Another similar book which explains that many people are allergic to common foods we all eat is The Plant Paradox: https://www.amazon.com/Plant-Paradox...gateway&sr=8-2

"Most of us have heard of gluten—a protein found in wheat that causes widespread inflammation in the body. Americans spend billions of dollars on gluten-free diets in an effort to protect their health. But what if we’ve been missing the root of the problem? In The Plant Paradox, renowned cardiologist Dr. Steven Gundry reveals that gluten is just one variety of a common, and highly toxic, plant-based protein called lectin. Lectins are found not only in grains like wheat but also in the “gluten-free” foods most of us commonly regard as healthy, including many fruits, vegetables, nuts, beans, and conventional dairy products. These proteins, which are found in the seeds, grains, skins, rinds, and leaves of plants, are designed by nature to protect them from predators (including humans). Once ingested, they incite a kind of chemical warfare in our bodies, causing inflammatory reactions that can lead to weight gain and serious health conditions."

It's funny to think that I was an avid vegetarian for 7 years and yet became less healthy as time went on. Now in my old age I'm discovering so many new things. I love finding out how silly I was about many things!
    Alpha Mike Foxtrot

27. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to NancyV For This Post:

Alan (22nd July 2019), Belle (22nd July 2019), Bill Ryan (22nd July 2019), fifi (23rd July 2019), Franny (22nd July 2019), Mike (22nd July 2019), Rosemarie (22nd July 2019), toppy (23rd July 2019)

28. Link to Post #35
    United States Avalon Member James's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,504 times in 174 posts

Interesting thread, especially regarding the carnivore diet.

There's been a lot of anecdotal evidence supporting the carnivore diet for the effective management of a wide array autoimmune issues.

I spent a few years as a vegetarian, and wasn't much for the healthier, so I personally reintroduced lean meats and fatty fish back into my diet - and noticed a huge difference for the positive. I later added time restricted eating, and noticed even more positive changes.

Of all the life extension studies done on mice, caloric restriction and time restricted eating seem to provide some of the largest gains in lifespan, thus, we could assume also, health. But, as anyone who does lab research will jokingly tell you, "we can cure all forms of cancer... In mice!"

There are some interesting points of data that would support the effectivity of a meat-based diet for the management of autoimmune/inflammatory illnesses. Certain individuals are more sensitive to proteins like gluten or lectins, found in plants, so assuming these individuals follow the standard food pyramid diet, they'd be consuming vast amounts of these proteins that can irritate the lining of the digestive track, setting off fireworks in the hoards of immune cells that hang out in that area of the body.

Back to the mice, another potential bit of data supporting the carnivore diet, though not necessarily directly, is it sort of forces time restricted eating. I personally find it difficult to eat dinner after having a large piece of steak at a cookout several hours earlier. Meat is loaded with proteins and fats, both of which are highly satiating, and don't drive insulin up, down, left, and right like simple carbohydrates do. Lowering carbohydrate (thus glucose) levels over a couple days can put the body into a state of cyclical ketosis, where cells utilize stored lipids in the body as fuel. This is a lot cleaner than "burning" proteins or glucose.

A lot of individuals who adopt a carnivore diet eat much less frequently, and maybe, like the mice in the laboratory, are experiencing some benefits of time restricted eating.

It's also noteworthy that plants really would rather not be eaten, so they do produce certain compounds called polyphenols, however, there is little evidence that this mechanism harms us in any way. The data suggests it is a form of eustress for the mitochondria in cells, among many other things and systems. The same might not be said about lectins and gluten.

29. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to James For This Post:

Bill Ryan (22nd July 2019), Franny (22nd July 2019), NancyV (22nd July 2019), Rosemarie (22nd July 2019), toppy (23rd July 2019)

30. Link to Post #36
    Language
    Dutch
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,068 times in 456 posts

Jordan Peterson and his daughter Mikhaila are on a carnivore diet.

It helped Mikhaila cure decades of depression, anxiety, arthritis, skin issues, autoimmune issues, and more.

Mikhaila endured multiple health problems when she was growing up. She was diagnosed with Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis at age 7 which eventually led to her needing a hip and ankle replacement as a teenager. She took multiple prescription medications, suffered from serious skin problems, was severely depressed and had chronic fatigue.

After years of research trying to solve her autoimmune problems, she began to focus on her diet and started eliminating foods via self experimentation. Mikhaila eventually ended up on a Carnivore diet (beef and water only) which has resolved her multiple conditions. She’s now off of all medications and in complete remission.

31. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Deux Corbeaux For This Post:

Bill Ryan (22nd July 2019), Franny (22nd July 2019), NancyV (22nd July 2019), toppy (23rd July 2019)

32. Link to Post #37
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

For arthritis, OA, joint pain, join inflammation there are a few products that can help a lot.
    Keep taking turmeric; you can also add depending what you can find in your area:
    - Borax + baking soda
    - Pau d'Arco (Tabebuia impetiginosa) - should be easy to find in South America
    - Cat's Claw (Uncaria tomentosa) - should be easy to find in South America
    - Boswellia tears (the gum), probably harder to find in South America (?)

If you find any or some of the above items and decide to use them, post back and I'll suggest ways to take them.

33. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Tomkoyote For This Post:

Bill Ryan (22nd July 2019), Franny (22nd July 2019), NancyV (22nd July 2019), Rosemarie (23rd July 2019), toppy (23rd July 2019)

34. Link to Post #38
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,015 times in 784 posts

I very much agree with everything that has been posted so far.

A good search term is Boron conspiracy. Israel has very high levels of boron in their diet and lowest rates of arthitis in the world.......conversely areas with low boron see large spikes in joint and arthritic concerns. It is now banned in Australia.....

As it relates to carnivore. I had suddenly developed psoriasis one evening after going out to eat with friends and have a few pints of beer. The next day I was covered in blisters, boils, cystic acne and went to the hospital None of the tests were conclusive. Even was given a batter of tropical illness tests and STD tests. 5 Professors of dermatology, ER doctors and a bunch of interns of varying specialties. After 2 days I could no longer walk or use my hand....psoriasis is also a form of arthritis ( who knew)

To make a long story short I went to see my GP who is very naturally oriented.

His determined I had a leaky gut and undigested proteins entered my bloodstream and collected around joints which the body attacked as a foreign substance.......the skin eruptions were because my body could not climate through the kidneys and liver......the only other way...is through the skin.

I was placed on an Organic Apple juice fast for 10 days and in about 3 days everything pretty much cleared. After that I was placed on the GAPS diet ( lots of bone broth) for 3 months. All is well 8 years later.

I tend to by mostly carnivore most of the time. I dropped 40 lbs of blubber, my skin is very clear as are my thoughts ( mostly, I am clinically ADHD) and with a bit of magnesium I no longer have panic or overwhelming anxiety issues.

Important

I no longer consume grains, grain alcohols, legumes (I do eat peanuts) but I could if I REALLY needed to but not regularly.

As an elimination diet carnivore is meat (usually fatty cuts of beef) salt, water, some add dairy, poultry and fish) is an excellent option it is also very helpful for people with depression, anxiety and other mental concerns ......everything begins in the gut. Cognition, fear, the immune system, mental and psychical health....remember the vagus nerve goes from the brain right into the stomach. Almost all processed food create gut dysbiosis in the micro flora biome......if "bad" micro flora take over their waste can literally cripple us and drive us insane.

There are some exceptions. I now consider herbs, plants and mushrooms to be medicinals... fruits do not bother me but their sugar content can be an issue.

Good luck with whatever you find that works for you!
    Last edited by Bill Ryan; 23rd July 2019 at 00:01. Reason: fixed color fotmatting

35. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to CurEus For This Post:

Belle (22nd July 2019), Bill Ryan (23rd July 2019), fifi (23rd July 2019), NancyV (22nd July 2019), Rosemarie (23rd July 2019), toppy (23rd July 2019)

36. Link to Post #39
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Deux Corbeaux (here)
    Jordan Peterson and his daughter Mikhaila are on a carnivore diet.

It helped Mikhaila cure decades of depression, anxiety, arthritis, skin issues, autoimmune issues, and more.
    The Jordan Peterson video was the first one I saw that mentioned the Carnivore diet. I like Jordan a lot and thought it was worthwhile checking out the Carnivore diet in more depth, so I went on to watch about 50 videos including his daughter's. My husband is a lot like his daughter in that he is allergic to almost all foods. Good thing he loves steak!
    Alpha Mike Foxtrot

37. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to NancyV For This Post:

Bill Ryan (22nd July 2019), Deux Corbeaux (23rd July 2019), Rosco1 (27th July 2019), Rosemarie (23rd July 2019), toppy (23rd July 2019)

38. Link to Post #40
    United States Avalon Member Arcturian108's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,330 times in 930 posts

Bill,
    If you are familiar with Nexus Magazine, then you can look up their article "The Borax Conspiracy" as I don't think I can copy the pdf file here. The element boron has been eliminated from our diets just so we can get arthritic sooner, rather than later. Boron is readily available in the cleaning agent sold in American supermarkets under the name "Borax". I have been ingesting it as a supplement for 20 years and it nipped my arthritic knees and hands in the bud.
    In addition Seraphim Healing energies from the Seraphim Blueprint also assisted in this healing.
    Last edited by Arcturian108; 22nd July 2019 at 22:27.

39. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Arcturian108 For This Post:

Bill Ryan (22nd July 2019), Constance (24th July 2019), fifi (23rd July 2019), NancyV (23rd July 2019), Rosemarie (23rd July 2019), toppy (23rd July 2019)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 9 LastLast