+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The mysterious case of the man who draws in his sleep

1. Link to Post #1
    Scotland Avalon Member scotslad's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,060 times in 646 posts

Default The mysterious case of the man who draws in his sleep

What do you make of this? - http://www.bbc.com/future/story/2019...s-in-his-sleep

Apparently my sister speaks Chinese in her sleep. (Shes 50+ and Scottish) and never had any connection with China in her life.

I've woken up twice by my wife speaking what appeared to be Arabic or some similar middle eastern language - several paragraphs of it. Then silence. Very unsettling.

I remember the acclaimed psychic Edgar Cayce was called the "Sleeping Prophet"

But what about you?

Are there any interesting or weird things that you or your partner do in their sleep?

2. The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to scotslad For This Post:

avid (22nd July 2019), Bill Ryan (21st July 2019), Constance (21st July 2019), cursichella1 (24th July 2019), Denise/Dizi (22nd July 2019), Forest Denizen (21st July 2019), Franny (22nd July 2019), Ivanhoe (25th July 2019), Jad (22nd July 2019), Kryztian (24th July 2019), meeradas (22nd July 2019), Nenuphar (21st July 2019), Pam (22nd July 2019), petra (22nd July 2019), rgray222 (22nd July 2019), Rich (21st July 2019), snoman (22nd July 2019), Sue (Ayt) (22nd July 2019), toppy (23rd July 2019), Wind (21st July 2019), wondering (24th July 2019), Zanshin (24th July 2019)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Moderator Sue (Ayt)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,798 times in 2,585 posts

Default Re: The mysterious case of the man who draws in his sleep

By coincidence, I just made this post on the poem thread:
    https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...=1#post1305799

A long time ago, my hub and I did an experiment to find out if we heard any unusual things while we were asleep at night, just out of curiosity. We recorded a long cassette tape intending to listen to it in the day to find out.
    Next day, we excitedly started to play it, but alas - we were appalled to hear nothing but snorts, snores, coughs, groans, mumbles, even farts. Turned out to be the longest, most boring stupid tape in the world! hahahaha
    Our sleep tape is now a running joke with us.
    Last edited by Sue (Ayt); 22nd July 2019 at 06:56.

4. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Sue (Ayt) For This Post:

Denise/Dizi (22nd July 2019), Franny (22nd July 2019), Ivanhoe (25th July 2019), Jad (22nd July 2019), Kryztian (24th July 2019), meeradas (22nd July 2019), Pam (22nd July 2019), petra (22nd July 2019), Rich (25th July 2019), scotslad (22nd July 2019), seko (23rd July 2019), toppy (23rd July 2019), wondering (24th July 2019)

5. Link to Post #3
    Language
    germanic
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,846 times in 3,177 posts

Once, early nineties, afternoon nap.

The mere recollection makes my hair stand on end...

I am awakened by someone very close to the bed,
    speaking to me with a very low pitched voice,
    in a language that i have never [?] heard before, nor after -
    the only thing i knew that it was "ancient, and not from here".

As i open my eyes, it is still speaking...
    the voice was my own. It was me!

Full body chill.

Quote Posted by Ayt (here)
    Just great.

PS: Am giving myself manual qi-gong treatment during sleep frequently, from early childhood.
    Last edited by meeradas; 22nd July 2019 at 07:58. Reason: style/ addendum

6. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to meeradas For This Post:

avid (22nd July 2019), Constance (23rd July 2019), cursichella1 (24th July 2019), Denise/Dizi (22nd July 2019), East Sun (24th July 2019), Ernie Nemeth (22nd July 2019), Franny (22nd July 2019), Ivanhoe (25th July 2019), Jad (23rd July 2019), Kryztian (24th July 2019), Pam (22nd July 2019), Rich (25th July 2019), scotslad (22nd July 2019), seko (23rd July 2019), Sue (Ayt) (22nd July 2019), toppy (23rd July 2019), Valerie Villars (22nd July 2019), wondering (24th July 2019)

7. Link to Post #4
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,372 times in 1,413 posts

Wow, I didn't know it was possible to "Sleep-Draw"! If this were happening to me, I would be concerned.

A guy who I used to date told me stories of his sleepwalking, the one I was most surprised at was when he cooked himself food on the stove with no clothing on, in front of a bunch of people. I remember thinking I'd have to chain myself to the bed, if that were me!

Quote Posted by scotslad (here)
    Are there any interesting or weird things that you or your partner do in their sleep?
    I mumble and yell unintelligible things on my way to sleep. Not sure if it happens during sleep or not (hope not! lol)

No partner now, but my last partner was able to confirm that I no longer kick people in my sleep. So my Sleep-Kicking seems to have been cured

Quote Posted by Ayt (here)
    Our sleep tape is now a running joke with us.
    I cracked up. Thanks for sharing.
    Most boring tape in the world... ha ha ha. I believe you!!
    Last edited by petra; 22nd July 2019 at 16:25.

8. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to petra For This Post:

Constance (23rd July 2019), Denise/Dizi (22nd July 2019), Franny (22nd July 2019), Ivanhoe (25th July 2019), Jad (23rd July 2019), Pam (22nd July 2019), Rich (25th July 2019), scotslad (22nd July 2019), Sue (Ayt) (22nd July 2019), toppy (23rd July 2019), wondering (24th July 2019)

9. Link to Post #5
    United States Avalon Member Denise/Dizi's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,494 times in 1,695 posts

Prior sleep walker here.. There is some danger in that zone between being awake and asleep. I once got up, got fully dressed, (Shoes and all).. fully aware of what I was doing, yet also fully asleep. I walked out of my mothers home, locking the door behind me... (I was 7 years old at that time) and started to walk to our previous home. I "Wanted to go home"..

I will never forget this, as it was so clear in my mind..

I got to the old apartment that we lived in, and knocked on the door, and no one answered.. I turned around, sat at the bottom of the steps, and sat there until the late night sprinklers came on and turned on me. That snapped me out of my trance state, and I realized I wasn't home anymore! The entire time I THOUGHT I was awake, I was that alert... I walked to my new house, knocked on the door, waking my mother up and she came to the door asking "Who is it".. When she saw it was me and that I was fully dressed, she was STUNNED...

She let me in and the look on her face was sheer terror. She knew I walked in my sleep and that I talked in my sleep, but never thought I would ever leave my house. She got better locks so this never happened again! Throughout my life I have been a sleep walker and a sleep "Talker" as well. And I have woken up in the middle of actual activities many times in my life, mostly talking ..

I have no idea if I ever spoke any other languages, but that sleep state is very surreal. As one who remembers everything in the process, it is shocking to me that this can happen. It is almost like you're living your dream, a very lucid dream. Some never remember it, I can't forget it.

Over time this settled down.. But I do still have sleep anomalies still to this day. I find the subject fascinating.

10. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Denise/Dizi For This Post:

Constance (23rd July 2019), Franny (22nd July 2019), Ivanhoe (25th July 2019), Jad (23rd July 2019), Kryztian (24th July 2019), Rich (25th July 2019), scotslad (22nd July 2019), seko (23rd July 2019), Spaceball Ricochet (24th July 2019), Sue (Ayt) (22nd July 2019), toppy (23rd July 2019), Valerie Villars (22nd July 2019), wondering (24th July 2019)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks

@meeradas, one friday night in my local pub, a woman who I'd known for years who I'd politely say hi or indulge in some idle chat chit came in, sat down and ordered a double g & t and said she had experienced something rather odd. She said her son had been ill in his bed (age 15), was upstairs in his bedroom when she had popped into see him. He then apparently starting becoming translucent. She was stunned that his physical form in his Pjs was becoming see-through. She went downstairs to check on food cooking, left his room went down stairs to see his semi translucent body in the same PJs lying on the sofa fading in and out of full physical form to the same translucent then disappeared all together, she ran back up stairs to check, and there he was like he should be in his bed. Back down to the kitchen, cooker off, and straight into the pub where she shared her experience with us

12. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to scotslad For This Post:

Constance (23rd July 2019), Denise/Dizi (23rd July 2019), Ivanhoe (25th July 2019), Jad (23rd July 2019), meeradas (22nd July 2019), Pam (22nd July 2019), Rich (25th July 2019), seko (23rd July 2019), Spaceball Ricochet (24th July 2019), toppy (23rd July 2019), wondering (24th July 2019)

13. Link to Post #7
    UK Avalon Member
    Thanks

Scotslad..

That's such a weird story!

It's as if the son was deconstructing in molecular structure right before the mother's eyes. Does this kind of phonemena explain 'living apparitions'?

A friend of mine named Andrew Green was a ghost-hunter and an author who you may or may not have heard of and he once told me a story so strange that it's worth repeating here..although it has nothing to do in any way with sleep-walking.

Before moving house Andrew had a rockery in his garden that he had become so obsessed with playing around with and 'perfecting' that it had almost cost him his marriage.

When he and his wife moved house the couple that bought their property were friendly enough to invite them over to visit once they had settled in.

The couple had a young daughter that Andrew and his wife had never before met and on the day of their visit to the house the young girl took one look at Andrew and fainted away on the sofa.
    She came around moments later, only to take another look at Andrew and faint off again!

It was all very bizarre and when she'd recovered enough she was able to explain that Andrew was the man that she had frequently seen on the rockery.

I am not sure what can be learned from this story other than that no two ghosts are alike..there are the dead ones and the ones that still seem to be living!

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Spaceball Ricochet For This Post:

Constance (24th July 2019), cursichella1 (24th July 2019), Ivanhoe (25th July 2019), wondering (24th July 2019)

15. Link to Post #8
    Thanks

@spaceball, Stone tape theory perhaps?

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scotslad For This Post:

Constance (25th July 2019), Spaceball Ricochet (26th July 2019)

17. Link to Post #9
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,812 times in 3,459 posts

What do you make of this? - http://www.bbc.com/future/story/2019...s-in-his-sleep

But what about you?
    I looks like this man, Lee Hadwin, an artist in his sleep, was filmed in a sleep lab. It would be interesting to know what sleep stage he is in when he draws. Presumably N3.

There are four stages of sleep, REM (Rapid Eye Movement) sleep, and 3 stages of NREM (no eye movement) sleep, called N1, N2, N3 that is defined by your level of relaxation. When you first fall asleep, you are in N1 stage and eventually you get to N3, the deepest stage. REM sleep is between N2 and N3 when it comes to levels of relaxation, and it is the stage where dreaming occurs, the dreams that we can sometimes remember when we are in our conscious state.

People who sleep walk or have night terrors are actually in N3 sleep, the very deepest level of sleep. Night terrors seem like nightmares, but when someone is awakened from N3 sleep, they can not remember what they were dreaming about. At most, there is a very faint feeling of an emotion or perhaps one word that they can describe. This is completely unlike the dreams in REM sleep. When people are awakened from REM sleep they usually have numerous details about their dreams.

To me this shows that we have a mental life in our N3 sleep that is completely disconnected from our conscious live. It is one of the strangest mysteries of consciousness.
    "If seeds in the black earth can turn into such beautiful roses, what might not the heart of man become in its long journey toward the stars?"
    --- G.K. Chesterton

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kryztian For This Post:

Constance (25th July 2019), Intranuclear (24th July 2019), Ivanhoe (25th July 2019), scotslad (6th August 2019), Spaceball Ricochet (25th July 2019)

19. Link to Post #10
    UK Avalon Member
    Thanks

@spaceball, Stone tape theory perhaps?
    scotslad..

I was thinking exactly that...that it was a manifestation of personal energy.

It's unclear whether his appearance dissolved over time or if it became persistent enough to be 'part of the family'.
    Would he have been able to see his own 'doppelganger' or are such visual anomalies reliant on certain conditions of place and the mind of third-parties to manifest themselves?

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Spaceball Ricochet For This Post:

Constance (25th July 2019)

21. Link to Post #11
    Brazil Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    Portuguese
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,019 times in 377 posts

He then apparently starting becoming translucent. She was stunned that his physical form in his Pjs was becoming see-through. She went downstairs to check on food cooking, left his room went down stairs to see his semi translucent body in the same PJs lying on the sofa fading in and out of full physical form to the same translucent then disappeared all together
    I quote this, because the parapsychological skill is less compromised - the 'apparition fenomenom' occurs when a person has developed extrasensory perception, or is temporarily perceptive. Most probably, only the woman can see the "translucidence", and next times she must observe if repeats, and if so, be aware whats going on with her. Please, tell to she dont be afraid, and ask (Thinking firmly) - Who Are You ? What You Want ? Please Go Away from Here ? (if not receive a good answer).

Sometimes its an extra-physical partner that care the woman and family and aren't aware he is being seen. In this case he'll answer like a friend, or will disapear being more carefull. BTW, its good to be more aware whats happen, whithout believes or superstitions.

Other posts, with ones speaking foreign languages, etc, certainly there are extra-physical Harassment with lack of consciousness, which is a bad-bad thing.

The most valuable self-defense well knowed for all, is make some individual Vibrational State to Clean UP self Energies, and ask for help to clarify what's happening, dont accepting anything not fully understood and consented.

to learn about Vibrational State, click this post link
    Last edited by RogeRio; 31st July 2019 at 14:00.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to RogeRio For This Post:

Spaceball Ricochet (6th August 2019)

+ Reply to Thread