+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The Zone

1. Link to Post #21
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,999 times in 370 posts

Default Re: The Zone

In a nutshell, a state of being.
    Am I one of many or am I many of one ? interesting .

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to scanner For This Post:

Bill Ryan (19th September 2019), Clear Light (6th August 2019), Constance (6th August 2019), Gracy (6th August 2019), Ivanhoe (6th August 2019), Nasu (8th August 2019), O Donna (6th August 2019), petra (6th August 2019), Pieman (20th September 2019), Valerie Villars (6th August 2019), Wind (6th August 2019)

3. Link to Post #22
    United States Unsubscribed
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,955 times in 1,944 posts

Quote Posted by Cara (here)
    Finally we settled down to mostly synchronised pulling and I started the upward call. As I called the upticks, the guys and the boat and I gradually merged in purpose, the blades cutting the water sliced, the boat dropped down as speed picked up. And then we were flying and there was only the rhythm of the pulling, the acceleration over the water, and silence. It was like we’d been created into a flying creature, skimming over the water, nothing but the now and the intent.

I called down the timing after 10 minutes. Finally we stopped. And we drifted along, breathing.
    Good description, felt like i was right there in that flying creature skimming over the water with you.

4. Link to Post #23
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,895 times in 765 posts

When I was about 16 in theater arts class we were practicing on the stage, my body took a step forward for some reason,
    I didn't know why nor was I thinking about it, just then I heard a bang behind me, the wall-set made out of wood had fallen over and would have hit me.
    It is a joke to think that time can come to circumvent eternity. ~ACIM

5. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Rich For This Post:

Bill Ryan (19th September 2019), Clear Light (6th August 2019), Constance (6th August 2019), Ernie Nemeth (6th August 2019), Gracy (6th August 2019), Nasu (8th August 2019), O Donna (6th August 2019), petra (6th August 2019), Pieman (20th September 2019), Valerie Villars (6th August 2019)

6. Link to Post #24
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,964 times in 7,673 posts

It's an amazing feeling when you get into the flow state.

It's like things are going perfectly and you are not the doer, instead things are happening through you.

It doesn't happen too often to me, but when ever we are doing something deeply meaningful to us we can get into that state of being.
    "When you've seen beyond yourself, then you may find, peace of mind is waiting there." ~ George Harrison

7. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Post:

Bill Ryan (19th September 2019), Clear Light (6th August 2019), Ernie Nemeth (6th August 2019), Gracy (6th August 2019), Nasu (8th August 2019), O Donna (6th August 2019), petra (6th August 2019), Pieman (20th September 2019), Rich (6th August 2019)

8. Link to Post #25
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,371 times in 1,413 posts

Quote Posted by Wind (here)
    It's an amazing feeling when you get into the flow state.

It's like things are going perfectly and you are not the doer, instead things are happening through you.

It doesn't happen too often to me, but when ever we are doing something deeply meaningful to us we can get into that state of being.
    That sounds like the third level of consciousness (supposedly)... and following that, the fourth level would be "happening AS me" (ref: https://pdbookreviews.wordpress.com/...consciousness/)

The article says that to get to “as me,” the illusion of separateness must be replaced with a feeling of unconditional love, but I'm skeptical. That doesn't sound right. As long as I can control my own thoughts, separateness is not an illusion, and unconditional love just sounds like a liability

When I'm doing something deeply meaningful to me, I am "being myself" close to 100%, and I imagine (our) bodies probably like things better when we are being ourselves, hence the feeling of flow.

9. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to petra For This Post:

Bill Ryan (19th September 2019), Ernie Nemeth (6th August 2019), Gracy (6th August 2019), Nasu (8th August 2019), Rich (6th August 2019), Wind (6th August 2019)

10. Link to Post #26
    United States Avalon Member Mark's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,418 times in 2,845 posts

I played basketball in high school and ran track. In basketball I was MVP for my team senior year and high scorer. I can attest to the nature of the Zone having been there many times before. Being a high jumper in track and field, breaking the record for highest jump and keeping it for 20+ years was another area of physical activity that allowed me to enter that space as well at a young age. It is like being on automatic. Your body just does what it does and your mind is a space apart. You observe from the Observer state as your body initiates and carries out specific movements with perfection to accomplish the goal at hand.

The state can be consciously cultivated and often is by professional athletes. But there is a level of sheer accomplishment that they achieve that often is NOT within the Zone but which is, instead, a product of having repeated the same movements over and over again. The Zone is something else again and, when you feel it, experience it, you will always recognize it when you have entered that space of beingness again.

It is an altered state, but is also qualitatively different from other kinds of altered states, being specifically concentrative upon external tasks. There is another potential experience of the Zone which acts as a gateway to deeper states of knowing and being, much like sleep paralysis acts as a gateway to Out Of Body Experiences. This state can be profoundly transformative as well, as it is a doorway to the eternal, the knowledge base of the Multiverse, the Akashic Records, Collective Unconscious, or whatever you may want to call it.

11. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Post:

Bill Ryan (19th September 2019), Ernie Nemeth (6th August 2019), Gracy (6th August 2019), Matthew (6th August 2019), Nasu (8th August 2019), Pieman (20th September 2019), PurpleLama (19th September 2019), rgray222 (6th August 2019), Rich (6th August 2019), Strat (6th August 2019), Wind (6th August 2019)

12. Link to Post #27
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,003 times in 2,188 posts

I have experienced "the zone" on and off for most of my life. When I was a child I referred to it as a "moment of clarity". It was a feeling of such complete clarity and unity with the universe that it almost seemed magical. I was always saddened that this feeling was so fleeting, it never lasted more than 5-10 seconds, I never knew what prompted it to happen or how long it was going to last. The best thing about it was that I felt a connection to virtually everything and every person on the planet. Although brief I was always left with the understanding that there is profound meaning to life and that there is so much more than we are capable of understanding in our present form.

As I got older it still occurred but not as frequently. I stopped trying to figure it out and became thankful that it still occasionally happened. When it did happen I learned to smile and just say to myself wow. "The Zone" always left me feeling somewhat fulfilled and content.

Several years ago I was on my deck speaking on the phone it was late summer at about 10 in the morning. We lived on 10 acres of property, the deck overlooked a fairly pretty forest with a lovely pond. I had built a large brick fireplace on the deck with a good size chimney. At the end of the call, I went over and leaned against the chimney. I was just standing there thinking about the day and all the things I wanted to get accomplished. Nothing of any real importance just routine stuff. I was looking at the edge of the trees and marveling at how pretty the property had become since we had owned it. I started to notice that the greens seemed greener, the brown browner and the sky was a much more beautiful blue than normal. I felt an incredibly strong connection to everything, I smiled and said wow, it was an unexpected moment of clarity. I fully expected this connection to stop in a few seconds but it did not.

This is really hard to explain but I will give it a try. After about a minute I realized that this was different, it was lasting longer and the connection to everything was stronger than I had ever experienced. I felt a sense of motion, I knew my body was standing in one place but it was as if my soul was moving all over the ten acres at a speed that was hard to comprehend. I knew that the trees, the water, the soil, the rocks virtually everything I had seen were connected. This included all the materials and metals that were used to make the cars in the driveway and the plastics that were used to make the trash cans next to the cars. I felt that I was no less and no more important than everything had just seen. Everything on this planet was connected and served an equal purpose.

At the exact second that I was feeling "all put back together' (for lack of a better term) I felt a sense of ascending very quickly into the sky. It seemed as if I were in the universe soaring at light speed seeing stars and planets made up of colors and composites that I was completely unfamiliar with. Every sense in my body was being told that everything in the universe is connected. Nothing in this universe is more important than anything else. Life and death, while we are in this human experience, seems important but on the grander scale, it is just part of a process. I was also left with the feeling that the concept of time is needed for the human experience but outside of that it has no meaning or significance.

After some time (I have no idea how much) I found myself leaning against the chimney on the deck. I recognized that I now had a much deeper and much more meaningful understanding of life. I wasn't that I intellectually knew that everything was connected now I actually believed it and understood it in the core of my being.

This feeling of being connected lasted almost two days. For that time I felt a mild sense of euphoria and a profound sense of well-being.

I understand that it may be hard to believe that this actually happened, I am not so sure I would believe it if I read this on Avalon but I can assure you it was very much real.
    Last edited by rgray222; 17th February 2023 at 16:20.

13. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to rgray222 For This Post:

Agape (8th August 2019), Bill Ryan (19th September 2019), Constance (6th August 2019), Ernie Nemeth (6th August 2019), Gracy (6th August 2019), Ivanhoe (6th August 2019), Nasu (8th August 2019), Pieman (20th September 2019), Rich (6th August 2019), RogeRio (7th August 2019), Wind (7th August 2019)

14. Link to Post #28
    Language
    Mancunian
    Thanks

I agree with there being many ways to be in the zone or flow state..
    also that there are times when you go looking for it and other times when it pops in unexpectedly from childhood onwards.
    I find it in tai chi and kung fu. Crowley found it in the minutae of ritual preparation and and other more animalistic pursuits.
    funny how easy it can be disrupted at times...

http://loopaway.com/uploads/original/5/5687.mp4

15. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to snoman For This Post:

Bill Ryan (19th September 2019), Constance (6th August 2019), Ernie Nemeth (6th August 2019), Gracy (6th August 2019), Nasu (8th August 2019), Pieman (20th September 2019)

16. Link to Post #29
    Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,435 times in 3,321 posts

In the zone was discovering that my 3-year-old had swallowed a five-cent-piece that I saw him playing with earlier in the car. The five-cent piece was lodged in his windpipe. I calmly flipped him upside down, gently pummelled his little back, and out that five-cent-piece popped.
    I didn't experience any fear or panic in those moments, just a sheer knowing that I could do this. I had my sons life in my hands. I was purely in the zone at that moment, in order to save my sons life.

17. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

avid (20th September 2019), Bill Ryan (19th September 2019), Ernie Nemeth (6th August 2019), Gracy (6th August 2019), Ivanhoe (19th September 2019), Mike (7th August 2019), Nasu (8th August 2019), Pieman (20th September 2019), rgray222 (7th August 2019), RogeRio (7th August 2019), Wind (7th August 2019)

18. Link to Post #30
    Brazil Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    Portuguese
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,019 times in 377 posts

Quote Posted by Gracy May (here)
    What is the zone?
    Follow a kind of approach, which use scientific method over abstract issues. It don't intends explain everything, but probably complement what is already knowed by each one.

firstly, must point some semantics:

Ego-int = concrete mind + emotions
    Ego-ext = abstract mind + feelings

"the no mind" = "no-ego-int" state

The "no-ego-int" state occours when the Ego-int can stay more quiet, but the person are not apathetic about what happens and where he-she are, quite contrary, all energies usually spent by Ego-int, become more available to do something else.

For example, If you apply these energies to muscle movements, you'll be able to lift unbelievable weight, run very fast, or climb a vertical wall. It's amazing, but it makes sense, because Ego-int permanently consume considerable amount of energy by emotions while we are awake.

Think The Zone or "the no mind" can be a "no-ego-int" state to help associate the analogy here. This phenomena can brings a sense of disembodiment of bodies, that ultimately can eject the "[Ego-int + Ego-ext]" to Out-of-Body experience, and here remains the little secret to OOB experiencers, because each one have special ways to concentrate amount and quality of energy to eject the "[Ego-int + Ego-ext]" to Out-Of-Body. Body in this context, its the physical bio-Body. This phenomena of ejection, obviously left the bio-Body being inert and apathetic during the projection.

This explanation came to this point to demonstrate the energy potential of a superman state, why it is necessarily temporary, and why a lot of training and concentration is needed for gifted athletes can be seen as superman, while they are doing their job.

The athletes reach near of this ejection OOB circunstances, and use this relative amount of energy to serve their physical moves, impulses, desires and all kinds of concrete-mind determinations they wish (of course, they are well trainned to do it)

For example, this is how a karate fighter breaks a pile of bricks. It isnt't just only the physical energy that is applied to the blow. Also, It serves to explain why a fragile girl can knock down a grown man with a concentrated energy punch, because if she feels angry enough to activate the related para-psychic phenomenon, she temporarily can becomes a super-girl.

Say this "super" conditional state it's spontaneous, may seem so, but it is usually triggered by a series of conscious and unconscious processes, that can be achieved by trauma and mind-controled by external influences.

Lastly, it's advisable don't annoy Gracy May too much, because she might look badly at her computer about you, and you'll can fall off the chair on the other side of the screen, as if you had been pushed.
    Last edited by RogeRio; 7th August 2019 at 15:08.

19. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to RogeRio For This Post:

Bill Ryan (19th September 2019), Gracy (7th August 2019), Nasu (8th August 2019), Pieman (20th September 2019), PurpleLama (19th September 2019), Rich (8th August 2019), Wind (7th August 2019)

20. Link to Post #31
    Language
    English
    Thanks

rogparan first posted on my home page, but i asked him to post here on the thread because i think what hes saying is important. Actually, the one point i really wanted to highlight was one he left out, but its already posted somewhat publicly anywas so i dont think he'll mind.

Quote The second brief part, its related to Super-Ego, Alter-Ego, Superior Mind, Abstract Mind (whatever name you want). Using same aproach by analogy. You find (abstract forms + feelings) that I name it here as "Will". This energetic Will can flux from abstract level through Ego and control its low-energies, make you (temporarily) strong, but at same time, can interact by donating or receiving, energies of other (abstract) free individual like you, working with you at some given time.

When you are in "The Zone", usually you are not alone. Its a further third part
    I highlighted the part that really made me think, at least it's something to consider how someone in the zone can not only do seeming super human things, but things they don't even know how to do like me with that stick backing off a nasty drunk man because i suddenly became a martial arts master.

21. Link to Post #32
    United States Avalon Member James's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,504 times in 174 posts

The zone and flow states are fascinating. I believe the root of all secrets, or the foundation of all conspiracies, comes from the fact that we as humans are unimaginably more powerful than we can realize in our present state. It’s best to keep a lid on the pot and the lights turned off, some powerful folks might say.

The flow state reminds me of something called sudden savant syndrome. An example of this may be someone who is painting, falls from their ladder, ends up unconscious for a moment from the fall, and awakens to have the ability to paint surreal artwork at an expert level.

A colleague of mine told me about his cousin who ended up in a coma, and when he was woken up from it, spoke fluent German, but only for a few hours. He never knew German, even at a beginner’s level.

We have access to many wonderful abilities and knowledge, however, there is a firewall that we rarely cross to access them.

22. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to James For This Post:

Bill Ryan (19th September 2019), Constance (7th August 2019), Franny (8th August 2019), Gracy (7th August 2019), Nasu (8th August 2019), Rich (8th August 2019), RogeRio (7th August 2019), Wind (8th August 2019)

23. Link to Post #33
    Language
    Portuguese
    Thanks

Yes Gracy May, the offer is Up, as far as I can reach and tell you clearly.

I limited myself in the first part offered, because I talk a lot and realized that the text would be very long, maybe going beyond the context of the question I quoted.

The second development its a few more complex, although the analogy method I presented in the first above can be well taken advantage of. But it certainly bumps into concepts which may contradict beliefs and preconception, so I need to be more careful about that, whereas here is a open public discussion.

You are fully right about the super-human (body) skills, which, while admirable and respectable, are not so significant when one understands that they are material tools used by higher levels of individual consciousness.

I am not much familiar with English vocabulary, but I think we'll be able to study here the difference between Desire and " Will ", and I am delighted and willing to contribute which what I already know and still can reach.

Please wait a while to me prepare other text about the second part offered. But think a little about it, because it is probable when I bring you one more text, you have already discovered the content by yourself, and that merit will be your, because you will be able to find the same connection way every time you " want - need " for the rest of your life(s).
    Last edited by RogeRio; 7th August 2019 at 17:39.

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RogeRio For This Post:

Bill Ryan (19th September 2019), Gracy (7th August 2019), Nasu (8th August 2019), Pieman (20th September 2019)

25. Link to Post #34
    Thanks

A fine example from one of the finest pianist/improviser we could get on earth, to paraphrase his own words:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ck6SBsLJVxk

"Although I seemed to others to be some kind of freak of nature, the amount of preparation work, mental, physical, and emotional is probably beyond anybody's imagination (including my own). It is NOT natural to sit at a piano, bring no material, clear your mind completely of musical ideas, and play something that is of lasting value and brand new (not to mention that these are live concerts, and the audience's role was of utmost chemical importance: they could change the potential and shape of the music easier than the difference of pianos or hall sound)." - Keith Jarrett

26. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Wmel For This Post:

Bill Ryan (19th September 2019), Constance (8th August 2019), Franny (8th August 2019), Gracy (8th August 2019), Nasu (8th August 2019), Pieman (20th September 2019), RogeRio (8th August 2019)

27. Link to Post #35
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,312 times in 2,098 posts

I had a fun and dramatic Zone experience with a friend a few years ago.

It was springtime in the Southern California desert at the foot of the mountains where I then lived. It had been a wet winter and we were looking forward to the spring flowers in the deserts. A VERY big deal in SoCal.

We were walking in the Mojave River area and taking pictures of wildflowers, birds and landscapes, dipping our feet in the water and singing old songs. After a couple of hours we paused to rest under a small cottonwood. Tom laid down with his knees bent and fingers laced behind his head and I sat up resting my arms on my knees watching birds.

Some movement to the left caught my eye and I spotted a large rattlesnake moving quickly towards Tom. It was an arm's length away from him when I spotted it. Several solutions went thru' my mind and I settled on one and told Tom to get up and jump over me NOW. There was something in my voice and in well under a second he was up and over me and standing 10 feet away and so was I. No idea how we did it. We were in The Zone.

The snake had stopped and risen up to look at this startling event, no rattling, but alert. I had my camera in hand and quickly got a few pictures. Looking at them at home I counted 13 rattles.

California Poppies, Spring 2019

Click image for larger version

Name:	Cali spring 2019.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	98.0 KB
ID:	41335

28. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Franny For This Post:

Bill Ryan (19th September 2019), Constance (8th August 2019), Gracy (8th August 2019), James (8th August 2019), Pieman (20th September 2019), Rich (8th August 2019), RogeRio (8th August 2019), Wind (8th August 2019)

29. Link to Post #36
    Language
    English
    Thanks

I think its amazing hearing other people's stories of being in the zone. Seems it's not that uncommon of an experience. Or is it? Brings up a question is it just not that uncommon in an uncommon crowd like this, or is it not that uncommon for everybody in the world?

When i was young i suddenly found my self facing my imminent death, in the midst of a horrible car accident. The old VW Wagon i was an unbuckled passenger in, in the back seat, was flipping over and over starting at 60 mph down the highway, i was tumbling around inside from floor to roof like popping popcorn, and i knew beyond the shadow of a doubt that each time the oval roof came around to gouge the pavement it was going to buckle and either crush me, or send a shard of steel through me, either way it wasnt going to be pretty.

My state of mind was serene as can be as i bounced around awaiting the blunt trauma and then the lights going out, may as well have had my toes in the sand sipping a sunset margarita on a Caribbean island as i awaited my grissly death. I was simply waiting for it to happen, and casually thinking "so this is how it ends"...

Well it never happened obviously lol! That old bug wagon held firm for me, finally came to rest upside down and we scampered out. The police measured the skids and debri trail and said the car had rolled 210 feet. My back was a little messed up but, besides that, not a scratch.

It gave me a bit of insight into how people's final moments may have been when i hear of people dying like that, traffic accidents, being shot and bleeding out, whatever the case may be.
    Last edited by Gracy; 8th August 2019 at 11:45.

30. Link to Post #37
    Language
    Portuguese
    Thanks

I didn't give the approach to the "Will" in the first time, because Gracy May didn't specify that "crux" of her major interest, and once not being aware of it, I started from the beginning First, indeed.

Not problem, because the second part is analog the first, but certainly imerse in all kinds of mysthicism, that at least for a while, I ask to be open-minded, granting that my words here are isent of believes and made by experience pragmatism, not only by me, of course.

I was fortunate enough to find and work with an advanced group in these unusual areas of study, where I learned lots of knowledge by sharing experiences. There were many debates, such as those conversations discussed here in this thread, and daily we chosen some relevant to make deep and inspiring analysis considerations.

You can see this work-group on the City Foz do Iguaçu, (Paraná - BR), in a isolated neighborhood type condominium named by Cognópolis. People from all over the world come there to learn, experience and improve parapsychic skills, under the name Conscientiology Center.

I will talk about one (simple and constructive experience) that are running with myself, since I start my admission here, in Avalon forum -- everyday I'm "Downloading English Language packs", from the coletive mind of Avaloners. This is real. I've done it other times with Spanish, Italian and French, but I didn't have to write, just talk about specific subjects once.

For Avaloners don't say I'm crazy, I remember that Inelia Benz talk about this in her interview, about downloading complete language packs. The difference here is -- Speak language is more easy than write, and I'm not compared with Inelia Benz, firstly because I'm Tech, not a linguistic.

I get the "sounded" words in my mind, but I don't see the orthography to write it, neither how to organize them very well "in a paper". Its some confuze for me, until I can train a little, learn vocabulary and differentiate very similar words and their right use like should, could, would, thought, throught, trough, which, with, wich .. lol ... Its funny, I admit, but this "funny confusion" has already created misanderstood problems for me here, on Avalon.

BTW, I come to The Zone several times a day to do something, I agree it's a kind of Gateway. I'm mentally hyperactive, and can talk telepathically. When people come to talk to me, I often already know what they are going to say, and that's disconcerting because I end up messing up the conversation before it starts. (lol)

Many times what people talk to me doesn't match what they are really thinking about, and I see an attempt to manipulation, which makes me anxious and some angry, suspecting to be a try to make a fool of me, which is not easy to do.

I have one heart touching story about recent catastrophe in Brumadinho, where a barrier slip occurred burying hundreds of living people. I was taken there (while sleeping one day after the disaster) to see this touching fact -- some victims who were buried and violently ejected from the physical bodies, in a complete state of fright and despair (after dead), helping the extra physical workers to locate other victims still trapped in mud-buried. They (completely stunned) were working together to rescue the souls entrapped bellow tons of mud, a highly dense circunstance, which involved lot of beings (on the other side) stopping what they were doing to help with this abnormal rescue task.

Someone easily can say this is a Divine task, a Angelical task, a God interference, but I think its not, unless we are Divine, Angels or maybe Gods. I can say this, because I was taken there to do something, and learn about Help Each Other.

--edit--add--
    I miss to say, about "Will, and where does fit over I wrote above

I was taken to Brumadinho, as an observer to be clarified some issues related to Cooperation, under extremaly precary conditions. All things about cooperation are central in my Soul Work. Also, write in english have a background of cooperation, that I "Will" develop to do, as you can see I'm doing, reading this words.

As I'm mentally active, I focus a Good-Will about any complicated-complex aspect that comes up to me needing be solved, then, ask and seek (internally) appropriate answers, that satisfy my Will (to cooperate).

So, I think get in The Zone (or other subtil Zones), whitout a Intentional pre-defined Will, the experience that will probably going to happen is Emptyness, because you are not Filled Enough to do something there, or beyond.

This reasoning appears match why almost posts here, where people have wonderful experiences about their abstract Will on The Zone, or through The Zone at certain time and place, where her Will strength was good to do something great. Think about ! be aware ...
    Last edited by RogeRio; 9th August 2019 at 06:23.

31. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to RogeRio For This Post:

Agape (8th August 2019), Bill Ryan (19th September 2019), Franny (8th August 2019), Gracy (8th August 2019), Pieman (20th September 2019), Rich (8th August 2019)

32. Link to Post #38
    United States Avalon Member Mark's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,418 times in 2,845 posts

Quote Posted by Gracy May (here)
    I think its amazing hearing other people's stories of being in the zone. Seems it's not that uncommon of an experience. Or is it? Brings up a question is it just not that uncommon in an uncommon crowd like this, or is it not that uncommon for everybody in the world?
    I think that this group of folks, here in PA, is not common in the world.

Overall in human experience, I don't know that a lot of people cultivate the intensity of concentrative effort that it takes to enter the Zone. Athletes, scholars, people who are very good at creative tasks, who have taught themselves over many years of practice, of trial and error, probably enter that space a bit more consistently than others.

I know that there are a lot of offerings out there nowadays as people attempt to consciously cultivate gamma brain wave states, which are associated with the Zone. Folks are trying to use it for business purposes and also personal productivity. I always am a bit wary of such promises, because, in my experience, it takes a lot of work prior to achieving the state, and these programs often seem to offer quick ways to get somewhere that you actually shouldn't get to quickly. That should take some effort and training of the body and mind to achieve.

33. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Post:

Bill Ryan (19th September 2019), Franny (20th September 2019), Gracy (19th September 2019), greybeard (19th September 2019), Pieman (20th September 2019), PurpleLama (19th September 2019), Wind (19th September 2019)

34. Link to Post #39
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,858 times in 11,838 posts

Love the hat Rahkyt
    Chris
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

35. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Bill Ryan (19th September 2019), Franny (20th September 2019), Gracy (19th September 2019), Mark (19th September 2019), Pieman (20th September 2019), PurpleLama (19th September 2019), Wind (19th September 2019)

36. Link to Post #40
    United States Avalon Member Bluegreen's Avatar
    Language
    ¿
    Thanks
    Thanked 52,058 times in 10,080 posts

Ayrton Senna

(2:00)

"That day, I suddenly realized that, I was no longer driving ... conscious ... and I was in a different dimension for me. The circuit for me was a tunnel, which I was just going, going, going, and I realized I was way beyond my conscious understanding ..."
    Last edited by Bluegreen; 19th September 2019 at 23:50.

37. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bluegreen For This Post:

Bill Ryan (20th September 2019), Franny (20th September 2019), Gracy (19th September 2019), gs_powered (20th September 2019), Pieman (20th September 2019)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast