+ Reply to Thread

Thread: "Three ways to spot a conspiracy theory" — from the BBC

1. Link to Post #1
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,410 times in 621 posts

Default "Three ways to spot a conspiracy theory" — from the BBC

https://www.bbc.com/ideas/videos/how...heory/p07j9sjk

This on the BBC Today (05 Aug 2019) in UK from the "OPEN UNIVERSITY".

You folks in US may be getting the start of some "soft disclosure" via TTSA (and the likes of Tucker Carlson, etc).

ZERO here in England.

Instead we are still fed this kind of GARBAGE via the BBC !

Seems like we are stuck in 1947 over here !

2. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to boja For This Post:

Bill Ryan (5th August 2019), Clear Light (5th August 2019), edina (5th August 2019), happyuk (7th August 2019), Hervι (5th August 2019), Iancorgi (5th August 2019), Mark (Star Mariner) (6th August 2019), Matthew (5th August 2019), O Donna (6th August 2019), Star Tsar (6th August 2019), Sue (Ayt) (5th August 2019), Sunny-side-up (5th August 2019), Tintin (5th August 2019), toppy (5th August 2019), XelNaga (5th August 2019)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,304 times in 950 posts

Default Re: "Three ways to spot a conspiracy theory" — from the BBC

Quote Posted by boja (here)
    https://www.bbc.com/ideas/videos/how...heory/p07j9sjk

This on the BBC Today (05 Aug 2019) in UK from the "OPEN UNIVERSITY".

You folks in US may be getting the start of some "soft disclosure" via TTSA (and the likes of Tucker Carlson, etc).

ZERO here in England.

Instead we are still fed this kind of GARBAGE via the BBC !

Seems like we are stuck in 1947 over here !
    Oh, thanks for posting it, that was great ... but to be honest you can't expect anything else from the BBC eh ?

Now where did I leave my "protective device" ...

4. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Clear Light For This Post:

Bill Ryan (5th August 2019), boja (5th August 2019), happyuk (7th August 2019), Matthew (5th August 2019), O Donna (6th August 2019), Star Tsar (6th August 2019), Sue (Ayt) (5th August 2019), Sunny-side-up (5th August 2019), Tintin (5th August 2019), toppy (5th August 2019), Valerie Villars (5th August 2019)

5. Link to Post #3
    Scotland Avalon Member scotslad's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,009 times in 642 posts

Maybe I'm wrong, but one could argue that regardless of the the topic or "conspiracy theory", once there is evidence, it no longer becomes a theory, but a fact?

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to scotslad For This Post:

boja (5th August 2019), edina (5th August 2019), happyuk (7th August 2019), O Donna (6th August 2019), Star Tsar (6th August 2019), Sunny-side-up (5th August 2019), toppy (5th August 2019)

7. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Member edina's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,171 times in 2,420 posts

Did you see the "guilt by association" strategy used in the video?
    I happily co-create a balanced world culture harmonized with Infinite Intelligence. ~ edina (Renaissance Humanity)

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to edina For This Post:

boja (5th August 2019), happyuk (7th August 2019), O Donna (6th August 2019), Star Tsar (6th August 2019), Sunny-side-up (5th August 2019), toppy (5th August 2019), Valerie Villars (5th August 2019)

9. Link to Post #5
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,599 times in 5,379 posts

Yes, the BBC is not an authority on what constitutes a conspiracy theory.

A conspiracy is two or more people colluding to manipulate the outcome of a prescribed situation or event, or alter the trajectory of society in some desired manner. The fiasco of the cabbage patch dolls was a conspiracy, for example, designed to inflate the price of a stuffed doll by manipulating the psychology of the consumer and by limiting the availability of the dolls. It was not a theory but a fact, admitted to by the marketer after their very successful gambit.

A conspiracy theory, on the other hand is a suspicion that a group is colluding in secret to bring about a certain outcome. Ultimately, the question is really how many facts constitutes proof of collusion and conspiracy? Why should a theory of a conspiracy come about if there is no proof? How likely is it that a conspiracy is taking place? And finally, who stands to benefit from the conspiracy?

There are countless meetings of the rich and powerful that recognizes no borders, is not considered treason, is held in secret, and the public is never informed of the meeting or its decisions and action plan. Is that a conspiracy? Is that a theory?

If the movers and shakers meet in secret, do not divulge their plans, and implement those plans without public input or consent - is that collusion or a conspiracy theory?
    Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water...Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. Bruce Lee

Free will can only be as free as the mind that conceives it.

10. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

boja (5th August 2019), earthdreamer (6th August 2019), edina (5th August 2019), Happyjak (5th August 2019), happyuk (7th August 2019), jjjones (7th August 2019), Matt P (5th August 2019), Nasu (5th August 2019), O Donna (6th August 2019), scotslad (5th August 2019), Star Tsar (6th August 2019), Sunny-side-up (5th August 2019), Tintin (5th August 2019), toppy (5th August 2019), Valerie Villars (5th August 2019)

11. Link to Post #6
    Netherlands Avalon Member ExomatrixTV's Avatar
    Language
    English, Dutch, German, Limburgs
    Thanks
    Thanked 125,630 times in 20,810 posts

Real Honest Conspiracy Researchers studies Proven Conspiracy Facts and sometimes have "Theories" about KNOWN liars mixed with hard evidence of corruption, colluding, deceptions etc. To label some one "Conspiracy Theorists" is to falsely assume that some one "only" cooks up "theories". This need to control the narrative by MSM is part of mass dumbing down of a nation!

Look up the word "Conspiracy" in any (LAW) Dictionary ... then ask yourself is that "science fiction"? ... When 2 or more people prepare to commit a crime or to do harm is that so "far fetched"? ... What MSM tries to do is you to be associated with certain people that are FAR from being a true researchers or being an honest conspiracy analyst. The reason MSM never can share an honest representation of that what they attack is because they assume most will not verify their own sold claims & judgemental assumptions to them! So they count on you being lazy!

cheers.

John Kuhles aka ExomatrixTV
    Stop5G.net & WhyNotNews.eu
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

boja (6th August 2019), jjjones (7th August 2019), Nasu (7th August 2019), O Donna (6th August 2019), Star Tsar (6th August 2019), Valerie Villars (5th August 2019)

13. Link to Post #7
    Netherlands Avalon Member ExomatrixTV's Avatar
    Language
    English, Dutch, German, Limburgs
    Thanks
    Thanked 125,630 times in 20,810 posts

Exclamation Re: "Three ways to spot a conspiracy theory" — from the BBC

* Clear Light All "Tinfoil Hats & Caps" do NOT work, it enhances (boost) the signal like upside down Satellite Dish Receiver!

Related Science PDF: Effectiveness of Aluminium TinFoil Helmets:
    An Empirical M.I.T. Study

Abstract

Among a fringe community of paranoids, aluminum helmets serve as the protective measure of choice against invasive radio signals. We investigate the efficacy of three aluminum helmet designs on a sample group of four individuals. Using a $250,000 network analyser, we find that although on average all helmets attenuate invasive radio frequencies in either directions (either emanating from an outside source, or emanating from the cranium of the subject), certain frequencies are in fact greatly amplified. These amplified frequencies coincide with radio bands reserved for government use, according to the Federal Communication Commission (FCC). Statistical evidence suggests the use of helmets may in fact enhance the government's invasive abilities. We speculate that the government may in fact have started the helmet craze for this reason.

Introduction

It has long been suspected that the government has been using satellites to read and control the minds of certain citizens. The use of aluminum helmets has been a common guerrilla tactic against the government's invasive tactics, <1>. Surprisingly, these helmets can in fact help the government spy on citizens by amplifying certain key frequency ranges reserved for government use. In addition, none of the three helmets we analyzed provided significant attenuation to most frequency bands.

We describe our experimental setup, report our results, and conclude with a few design guidelines for constructing more effective helmets.

Results

For all helmets, we noticed a 30 db amplification at 2.6 Ghz and a 20 db amplification at 1.2 Ghz, regardless of the position of the antenna on the cranium. In addition, all helmets exhibited a marked 20 db attenuation at around 1.5 Ghz, with no significant attenuation beyond 10 db anywhere else.

Conclusion

The helmets amplify frequency bands that coincide with those allocated to the US government between 1.2 Ghz and 1.4 Ghz. According to the FCC, These bands are supposedly reserved for ''radio location'' (ie, GPS), and other communications with satellites (see, for example, 3 >). The 2.6 Ghz band coincides with mobile phone technology. Though not affiliated by government, these bands are at the hands of multinational corporations.

It requires no stretch of the imagination to conclude that the current helmet craze is likely to have been propagated by the Government, possibly with the involvement of the FCC. We hope this report will encourage the paranoid community to develop improved helmet designs to avoid falling prey to these shortcomings.

Source: wireless.blog.law/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/peoplecsailmit.pdf

Am long time very Pro Active Conspiracy Researcher since 1990, had my own radio & tv show in Amsterdam ... been 22 times on Dutch National TV, 2 times on CNN, over 300 times Local Radio ... 30+ times in national magazines, 100s of local newspapers, organized several sold out international conferences, gave over 80 lectures in 5 countries, interviewed over 250 top researchers documentary-makers, authors, whistler-blowers etc. ... Been to many different protest marches on the streets like: 911Truth, Anti-Chemtrails, Occupy Den Haag & Amsterdam, Bilderberg Conference Dresden etc. etc. Am co-founder of 2 (Suppressed News) Magazines Exposure Magazine (English) & Frontier Magazine (Dutch) and because of all that have personally met 100s of conspiracy researchers of all types NONE OF THEM uses "Tin Foil Hats!"ever, and I run multiple conspiracy & suppressed news research YouTube Channels with over 135,000+ subscribers combined!
    Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 2nd December 2023 at 22:56.
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

boja (6th August 2019), Nasu (7th August 2019), Star Tsar (6th August 2019), Ti (6th August 2019)

15. Link to Post #8
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,304 times in 950 posts

Quote Posted by ExomatrixTV (here)
    Clear Light All "Tinfoil Hats & Caps" do NOT work, it Enhances the Signal like Upside Down Satellite Dish Receiver!
    Oh, thanks, Exo, but I actually meant it Sarcastically

Because, as you know, us "Conspiracy Theorists" are so uneducated, and dumbed-down, so out-of-touch-with-reality, that all it takes is to see something on TV for it to register in the Mind as "must be real" eh ?

Please Note : In case it isn't clear, this reply is also meant in a Humorous Way !!!

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Clear Light For This Post:

boja (6th August 2019), Star Tsar (6th August 2019)

17. Link to Post #9
    United States Moderator Sue (Ayt)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,530 times in 2,552 posts

Where did the tinfoil idea actually originate from, I wonder?

I remember being quite floored way back in 76 I think it was, when I actually encountered a fellow who did the tinfoil thing.
    I was in an apartment, and the resident in the apt. above me was a gentle, almost child-like, large black man, who lived in the apartment above me. (Think "The Green Mile" but not that big. He looked like him, though) He liked to hang at my apartment and chat and listen and laugh when I was home doing chores. He seemed harmless, but child-like, so I didn't mind, although I realized he was "off" somewhat.

He had a "social worker lady" who would regularly come to his apt. to visit, in a nurse-type uniform. But one day, he did come to me very upset that, "they're shooting the rays at me again! I can't stand it! Help me Ayt." I walked him up to his place after calming him down and soothing him, but was pretty surprised to actually see his windows, and outside walls covered totally with rolls of aluminum foil. I asked, and he explained it helps him to keep out the rays that hurt his brain so much, but doesn't totally keep them out. And that was when it dawned on me that the crazy "tin-foil hat" stories did have some kind of basis.
    "We're all bozos on this bus"

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sue (Ayt) For This Post:

boja (6th August 2019), happyuk (7th August 2019), Star Tsar (6th August 2019)

19. Link to Post #10
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Ayt (here)
    Where did the tinfoil idea actually originate from, I wonder?
    I speculate that it stems from lead linings to block out radiation. In the time period, it would be present in people's mind that the right metal can block out invisible effects. Tin foil is a relatively newer product on the market, non-poisonous, comparatively cheap and easy to craft into any item you might desire. So making something to block the effect from exactly where it's happening with foil is simpler than crafting a lead lined bunker in which to dwell. A few of the right people or the right media making a joke about it, a little marketing push, and soon, just like flat earth, tin foil is associated with conspiracy theorists.
    May the Force be with you.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Ti For This Post:

boja (7th August 2019)

21. Link to Post #11
    Wales Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,223 times in 940 posts

The term conspiracy theorist is used as a perjorative label, or a derisive term, to ridicule and belittle genuine truth seekers. To hell with the BBC and their faux concerns, not doing it

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to happyuk For This Post:

boja (9th August 2019), Clear Light (9th August 2019)

+ Reply to Thread