+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Losing Contact in the Desert: The 2017 Fake-Over of American Ufology

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,050 times in 521 posts

Default Losing Contact in the Desert: The 2017 Fake-Over of American Ufology

This is the English version of an article that was published in NEXUS MAGAZIN, the German brother of the Australian NEXUS, in the fall of 2017. Big thanks to my friends Sean Hendrix for transcribing, proof-reading and polishing the text, and Toni Weingart for providing me not only with the couch at Joshua Tree Retreat Center.

© Little Giant 2017

“Not only is there an amazing willingness in the human mind to invest credence and faith in unproven facts, but there is more evil, more readiness than ever on the part of various sophisticated groups, to use this human weakness as a tool in controlling others.”
    Jacques Vallée, Revelations

I hadn’t been in California for even four hours yet when I had already sat in a self-driving Tesla taxi and witnessed someone getting arrested. While I was waiting was for a friend to pick me up in front of a hotel in Palm Springs, two police officers walked right up to me and asked me for my name. After I was able to convince them of my innocence, they left and came back with a gentleman who only wore pants and handcuffs. It was shaping up to be a tumultuous weekend.

I had actually planned to spend the last days of my North American roundtrip hanging out with a buddy of mine at the Pacific ocean. I knew that right at that same time the world’s biggest UFO conference was going to have its fifth installment — the Contact in the Desert conference that had been taking place annually in the Californian High Desert, east of L.A. —, but I found that I had already seen and experienced enough, weird conferences and exciting encounters included. It was only when I happened to take a look at the speakers lineup while some friends of mine were already packing their bags that I started to reconsider my plans. Practically all the big names of the scene were going to be there. Steven ‘Disclosure Project’ Greer, the UFO historian Richard Dolan, Erich von Däniken and his partner Giorgio ‘Aliens’ Tsoukalos had announced their appearance as well as the founder of Exopolitics Michael Salla, the great Whitley Strieber, Linda Moulton Howe of Earthfiles.com, Michael Tellinger, and Graham Hancock. Even the faction of the time-and-Mars travelers was going to be represented with David Wilcock, Corey Goode, and Laura Eisenhower. For Jim Marrs, who had fallen ill [meanwhile being deceased], Peter Levenda, another top-level pundit jumped in. Even the aged Mr. Jacques Vallée had set off to the Joshua Tree Retreat Center — the scientist after which Steven Spielberg is said to have modeled his character of the French scientist in Close Encounters of the Third Kind. All of these and many more renowned speakers were going to share five stages for four days, speaking about ancient astronauts, secret space programs, interdimensional entities, time travel, crop circles, bigfoot and other mysteries.

What actually triggered me to buy the tickets, though, was the chance to experience both the down-to-earth and science-oriented researchers on one hand and — how shall I say this — creators of adventurous narratives on the other, lecturing in the same environment. Over the past few years, more and more alleged ‘whistleblowers’ have emerged on the scene who claimed something to the effect of them being sent back in time or having worked in top-secret projects, side-by-side with extraterrestrials — preferably on Mars or even beyond our solar system. The incredibly detailed stories are often embedded in a general scenario of a supposed secret space program that is being run by a so-called breakaway civilization. Curiously, these type of stories not only reverberate among UFO enthusiasts, but even ensnare renowned and seasoned researchers — although the ‘whistleblowers’ always remain short on nuts-and-bolts proof for their claims. In light of the fact that other alternative researchers, such as the historian Richard Dolan who carefully approaches the truth behind the UFO phenomenon via means of documented sources and cautious conclusions, indeed suspect the existence of a secret space program and a breakaway civilization, this becomes quite an explosive issue.

The ‘intuitive empath’ Corey Goode and his mentor David Wilcock were announced to be the headliners at this conference. In the hot desert of California, they would speak about the practically defeated cabal, reveal what is actually going on in Antarctica, and teach us on behalf of the ‘Blue Avians’ how to love one another and how to lead mankind into the new aeon. With such heavyweights, it didn’t come as a surprise that this dyad was given the much larger main stage — called the ‘Amphitheater’ — where they were going to speak multiple times in the best time slots. Meanwhile, Richard Dolan had to put up with being scheduled for a smaller venue — at eight o’clock in the morning.

Corey Goode and David Wilcock — The New Dream-Team of Ufology

Corey Goode is, as the chief of German Exopolitics Robert Fleischer said, “the rising star in the olympics of the new UFO gods”. At the young age of only six years or so, he claims he had been recruited by a secret military project and chosen to mediate communications with several non-terrestrial species. When he quit after 20 years of eventful service in countless secret programs, he had supposedly undergone not only a brainwashing procedure, but even a time and age regression — which is to say he traveled back in time — so that unfortunately he cannot provide any proof of what happened during his service. Then he basically lived these 20 years of his life a second time, this time however in a completely unspectacular manner. When he began to “remember” a few years ago, it was the web forum of Bill Ryan’s Project Avalon that provided him with the platform to make his stories known to the public. In particular, he claimed to be in contact with the ‘Blue Avians’ — a group of allegedly benevolent beings that are part of the so-called ‘Sphere Being Alliance’.

Since 2015, Wilcock and Goode have revealed details about the galactic battle in their talk series Cosmic Disclosure. The Alliance not only leaps to humanity’s defense — a humanity that would otherwise be hopelessly lost — and defeats the ‘cabal’ for us, but also provides us with spiritual help on how to raise our consciousness. Since the show that is hosted by Gaia (formerly GaiamTV, kind of a Netflix for spiritual people) started, it “fabricated so many stories since, that one has difficulties to keep oversight”, Fleischer wrote. He noted that

“While the Cosmic Disclosure show is now in their seventh season, Goode has never ever been taken into custody for betrayal of secrecy.”

In 2015, Michael Salla quoted Goode by saying that “up to one hundred spherical ships have entered our solar system […] He says that this Sphere Alliance is assisting humanity in breaking free of the control exerted by powerful elite organizations on earth”. Being a responsible researcher and author, Salla of course considered the credibility of Goode’s statements:

“How credible is Goode? According to Wilcock, Goode’s testimony is consistent with multiple other insider sources discussing secret space programs and extraterrestrial life. In my own database of whistleblowers, contactees, leaked documents, and breaking news on the secrets space programs, I have found nothing awry in Goode’s claims.”

Other researchers like Richard Dolan hesitate to follow this new way of examining the plausibility of the wildest claims. “Michael has a different attitude towards evidence than I do”, Dolan explained in a spontaneous live talk that he had with Bill Ryan about one month after the conference. It kicked off the long overdue public discussion of the bizarre development within American ufology.

“I want to say right off the bat that I like Michael personally […] He will say: Well, Corey’s testimony is corroborated by people like William Tompkins or Andrew Basiago and Randy Cramer. What I would counter is that this is not corroboration […] If none of these people’s backgrounds can be confirmed, if none of their stories can be independently corroborated by someone or something that can actually be confirmed, then they don’t count as evidence.”

In order to fathom how Goode actually landed in the spotlight, I invited my buddy Chris — who worked as a moderator for the Avalon forum at the time..................

Much much more, .........................Not just about Wilcock, Goode and Salla but about MUFON and others

I know its from 2017 but we don't get European takes on the American UFO story often enough

http://www.little-giant.org/articles/contact

2. The Following 38 Users Say Thank You to ichingcarpenter For This Post:

Alekahn2 (28th August 2019), Andrew_K (8th August 2019), Bill Ryan (8th August 2019), Billy (8th August 2019), Builder (8th August 2019), Cara (8th August 2019), Clear Light (8th August 2019), Denise/Dizi (9th August 2019), Deux Corbeaux (8th August 2019), Did You See Them (8th August 2019), Forest Denizen (8th August 2019), Franny (8th August 2019), GMB1961 (8th August 2019), happyuk (8th August 2019), Hervé (8th August 2019), Iloveyou (8th August 2019), Ivanhoe (9th August 2019), James (8th August 2019), Justplain (9th August 2019), meeradas (8th August 2019), Michi (8th August 2019), mountain_jim (8th August 2019), NancyV (8th August 2019), Nasu (8th August 2019), OopsWrongPlanet? (8th August 2019), Reinhard (8th August 2019), Rosemarie (9th August 2019), Satori (8th August 2019), Sequoia (9th August 2019), sijohn (9th August 2019), Sophocles (8th August 2019), Sue (Ayt) (9th August 2019), sunflower (8th August 2019), Tam (8th August 2019), Tommy (9th August 2019), toppy (8th August 2019), Valerie Villars (8th August 2019), what is a name? (8th August 2019)

3. Link to Post #2
    Language
    germanic
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,845 times in 3,177 posts

Default Re: Losing Contact in the Desert: The 2017 Fake-Over of American Ufology

Do click on the link for the whole article; it's much longer, and kind of fun.

4. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to meeradas For This Post:

Bill Ryan (8th August 2019), Clear Light (8th August 2019), Denise/Dizi (9th August 2019), Did You See Them (8th August 2019), Forest Denizen (8th August 2019), Franny (8th August 2019), Hervé (8th August 2019), Iloveyou (8th August 2019), James (8th August 2019), mountain_jim (8th August 2019), Rosemarie (9th August 2019), Satori (8th August 2019), Sophocles (8th August 2019), Tam (9th August 2019), Tommy (9th August 2019), toppy (8th August 2019), Valerie Villars (8th August 2019)

5. Link to Post #3
    England Avalon Member Did You See Them's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,876 times in 1,034 posts

Default Re: Losing Contact in the Desert: The 2017 Fake-Over of American Ufology

Quote Posted by meeradas (here)
    Do click on the link for the whole article; it's much longer, and kind of fun.
    Yes do - It's a Goode read !

6. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Did You See Them For This Post:

Bill Ryan (8th August 2019), Clear Light (8th August 2019), Denise/Dizi (9th August 2019), Forest Denizen (8th August 2019), Franny (8th August 2019), mountain_jim (8th August 2019), Rosemarie (9th August 2019), Ti (11th August 2019), Tommy (9th August 2019), Valerie Villars (8th August 2019)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,528 times in 32,788 posts

Yes, do read this. All of it. It's totally excellent, and has been impeccably translated. Avalon (and yours truly) are referenced quite a number of times. There's not a single word in there I'd disagree with.

8. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

aoibhghaire (9th August 2019), Clear Light (8th August 2019), Constance (8th August 2019), Denise/Dizi (9th August 2019), Did You See Them (8th August 2019), Forest Denizen (8th August 2019), Franny (8th August 2019), HaveBlue (10th August 2019), James (8th August 2019), mountain_jim (8th August 2019), NancyV (8th August 2019), Rosemarie (9th August 2019), Satori (8th August 2019), Sequoia (9th August 2019), sijohn (9th August 2019), Tommy (9th August 2019), Valerie Villars (8th August 2019), Yoda (9th August 2019)

9. Link to Post #5
    United States Avalon Member Valerie Villars's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,435 times in 2,846 posts

Iching, that was incredibly well written and quoted. It's one of the sanest pieces I have ever read on the whole "scene" of UFOlogy.

And I have to say, I finally found one thing I agree with Corey Goode on. He stated "We have to realize that all evolution occurs through stress."
    "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what we share with someone when we are uncool." From the movie "Almost Famous""l "Let yourself stand cool and composed before a million universes." Walt Whitman

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Valerie Villars For This Post:

Bill Ryan (8th August 2019), Denise/Dizi (9th August 2019), Did You See Them (8th August 2019), Franny (8th August 2019), mountain_jim (8th August 2019), Rosemarie (9th August 2019), Tam (9th August 2019), Tommy (9th August 2019)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks
    Thanked 77,644 times in 8,594 posts

Yes - this is a great and entertaining read/summary.
    Last edited by mountain_jim; 8th August 2019 at 14:20.
    I don't believe anything, but I have many suspicions. - Robert Anton Wilson

The present as you think of it, and in practical working terms, is that point at which you select your physical experience from all those events that could be materialized. - Seth (The Nature of Personal Reality - Session 656, Page 293)

(avatar image: Brocken spectre, a wonderful phenomenon of nature I have experienced and a symbol for my aspirations.)

12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to mountain_jim For This Post:

Bill Ryan (8th August 2019), Denise/Dizi (9th August 2019), Did You See Them (8th August 2019), Franny (8th August 2019), James (8th August 2019), Rosemarie (9th August 2019), Tommy (9th August 2019), Valerie Villars (8th August 2019)

13. Link to Post #7
    United States Avalon Member James's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,504 times in 174 posts

A very important read, for sure!

It also subtly, and at times, not so subtly, illustrates what Bill has referred to as “UFO Disease,” or something to that accord.

Observing some of these characters over the years, one can easily spot their slow, mechanical descent into their own stories, whether true or fictitious. This descent develops a momentum, fed by the desire to stay relevant and underlying unresolved psychological issues that become magnified beneath the spotlight.

14. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to James For This Post:

aoibhghaire (9th August 2019), Bill Ryan (8th August 2019), Constance (8th August 2019), Denise/Dizi (9th August 2019), Did You See Them (8th August 2019), Franny (8th August 2019), mountain_jim (8th August 2019), Rosemarie (9th August 2019), sijohn (9th August 2019), Tam (9th August 2019), Tommy (9th August 2019), Valerie Villars (8th August 2019)

15. Link to Post #8
    France Avalon Member OopsWrongPlanet?'s Avatar
    Thanks

Great well-grounded perspective, and it seems good to have on the record, especially with the English transcription. Thanks for posting.

Am I being thick? I can't work out who the actual author is. Is it Toni Weingart? Someone aliasing as 'Little Giant'? You yourself IchingCarpenter?

x

M

16. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to OopsWrongPlanet? For This Post:

aoibhghaire (9th August 2019), Bill Ryan (8th August 2019), Denise/Dizi (9th August 2019), Did You See Them (9th August 2019), Franny (8th August 2019), mountain_jim (8th August 2019), sijohn (9th August 2019), Tommy (9th August 2019), Valerie Villars (8th August 2019)

17. Link to Post #9
    Language
    germanic
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,845 times in 3,177 posts

Quote Posted by OopsWrongPlanet? (here)
    ... I can't work out who the actual author is...
    https://www.nexus-magazin.de/artikel/autor/daniel-loose

18. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to meeradas For This Post:

aoibhghaire (9th August 2019), Bill Ryan (8th August 2019), Denise/Dizi (9th August 2019), Did You See Them (9th August 2019), Franny (8th August 2019), OopsWrongPlanet? (9th August 2019), sijohn (9th August 2019), Valerie Villars (8th August 2019)

19. Link to Post #10
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,528 times in 32,788 posts

Quote Posted by OopsWrongPlanet? (here)
    Great well-grounded perspective, and it seems good to have on the record, especially with the English transcription. Thanks for posting.

Am I being thick? I can't work out who the actual author is. Is it Toni Weingart? Someone aliasing as 'Little Giant'? You yourself IchingCarpenter?
    Here's the original Nexus Magazine page, in German:
    ... where it states the author is Daniel Loose.

20. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

aoibhghaire (9th August 2019), Constance (8th August 2019), Denise/Dizi (9th August 2019), Did You See Them (9th August 2019), Franny (8th August 2019), mountain_jim (8th August 2019), OopsWrongPlanet? (9th August 2019), sijohn (9th August 2019), Valerie Villars (8th August 2019), Yoda (9th August 2019)

21. Link to Post #11
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,261 times in 1,414 posts

I sort of came to the same conclusion as Richard Dolan about believable ufo proof a few years ago after listening/reading accounts by Randy kramer, Mark Richards, Basiago, Goode, etc., that it wasn't good enough to make claims that others agree to, there has to be more to it, more substantive. The individual's credibility has to be beyond reproach, and something from outside the 'whistleblowers' own sphere of influence has to corroborate in a meaningful way. Unfortunately, Salas doesn't pass the test. Neither does wilcock. Certainly Hancock tries to fill out his narrative with meaningful and verifiable data (funny when he would be in a ufo conference whereas he's an ufo/abduction super-skeptic) . Mr. Dolan and Dark Journalist's Dan Leist both take a rational approach to the Ufo topic. Thankfully there is some sanity in this field.

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Justplain For This Post:

aoibhghaire (9th August 2019), Bill Ryan (9th August 2019), Denise/Dizi (9th August 2019), Did You See Them (9th August 2019), Franny (9th August 2019), mountain_jim (9th August 2019)

23. Link to Post #12
    United States Avalon Member Sequoia's Avatar
    Thanks

From the original article

Fleischer concludes:
    “From my perspective, there are several indications that the narrative of a secret space program is actually an orchestrated disinformation campaign conducted by intelligence services … It is in particular Corey Goode who continuously comes up with new details regarding a broad variety of areas — so diverse that this man probably would have had to be involved in every single switching point of the US secret operations for several hundred years in order to personally witness everything he claims. His ongoing publications keep producing still more bizarre effects, which means they follow the well-known strategy of expanding disinformation … Assuming that the goal of the intelligence circles is to divert the UFO discourse from the real phenomenon of unidentified flying objects, we have to conclude that they sweepingly succeeded.”

Fleischer basically stated the obvious. Later in his article he also acknowledges the possibility that the actual goal of the intelligence campaign might have been to divert attention from a real secret space program.

24. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Sequoia For This Post:

aoibhghaire (9th August 2019), Bill Ryan (9th August 2019), conk (9th August 2019), Denise/Dizi (9th August 2019), Deux Corbeaux (9th August 2019), Did You See Them (9th August 2019), ichingcarpenter (9th August 2019), mountain_jim (9th August 2019), sijohn (9th August 2019), Valerie Villars (9th August 2019)

+ Reply to Thread