+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Precognitive Dreams : (Another) Thread for Personal Experiences

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member Tam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,363 times in 496 posts

Default Precognitive Dreams : (Another) Thread for Personal Experiences

One of the most fascinating mysteries of the human mind, in my opinion, is the phenomenon of precognition. While it is understandable to be skeptical, anybody with an open mind that does their homework on the subject of ESP/PSI will find that it is 100% real and not only possible, but (relatively) accessible to any and all.

This thread is meant to be a place where we can all share anecdotal evidence and experiences in precognitive dreams. First-hand, second-hand, mundane or life-changing, doesn't matter. You are invited to share your story without judgment or dismissal. At worst, it will make for interesting reading, but I hope we can all glean a little something from it, even if it's just one person.

While we all get deja vu, there are some cases that truly make you wonder. I'll begin by sharing an experience I had with prescient dreams. It happened when I was about 19 years old, working at a restaurant. My job was to seat guests, manage waitlists, and manage outgoing food orders, and so I spent most of my shift cloistered at the entrance of the restaurant, which, due to its layout, was sort of tucked away out of sight. This meant that servers, the manager, and guests would rarely wander over, and you wouldn't see them until they'd turned a corner. This will be relevant information soon enough.

Anyway, the way it worked, was that your shift would end whenever a manager would deem it appropriate. Such is the nature of restaurant work; you frequently do overtime, even if it's just 20 minutes. Some days, it was over an hour.

This particular shift, I had been working until close, but as luck would have it, a party of 15 people just waltzed in unannounced 20 minutes before closing, which meant we were all stuck until they left. Generally, large parties linger, and this is especially true of those who lack self-awareness. So, we found ourselves nearly 2 hours past closing time, waiting on this increasingly tipsy group of people to finish eating, split the bill every which way, and leave. Since they were our only table, the busboy and the backup waitress were chatting with me at my booth for some time, when suddenly, out of nowhere, I'm hit with intense deja vu...so familiar was the scene unfolding before me that I just knew precisely what was about to happen. I even remarked about it to my cowoers, telling them that the bar manager, who almost never gets delegated to such tasks, was about to walk around the corner, slam her hands on the hostess stand, and announce to us "Table X just asked for all of their checks to be split. Tam, you're cut, you're free to get on out of here", or something to that effect. Her exact words are fuzzy, but at the time, I quoted her verbatim, out loud, to my coworkers.

Sure enough, no later than 5 seconds after my announcement, the bar manager rounds the corner, slams her hands on the hostess stand, and proceeds to say the exact words I predicted she would.

Needless to say, both my coworkers were shocked, and the manager thought we were all playing a prank on her when she asked why they gasped and looked at each other with an incredulous expression on their face.

At one point, I had experienced these events before in a dream state, which I hadn't even realized I'd forgotten. It wasn't until I was in that moment in waking life that an undeniable sense of recognition hit me out of nowhere, like a light switch, I remembered the dream.

Since then, I've had other experiences in that vein, but none with witnesses, so for now, I'll leave it at this one.

If anyone else has ever experienced precognitive dreams, please feel free to share here. It really does have some mind-boggling implications about the nature of our perceived "reality".

2. The Following 34 Users Say Thank You to Tam For This Post:

#22 (11th August 2019), aoibhghaire (30th August 2019), Baby Steps (31st August 2019), Bill Ryan (10th August 2019), Billy (30th August 2019), CarnageCandy (30th August 2019), Constance (11th August 2019), Craig (13th August 2019), Forest Denizen (10th August 2019), Frank V (10th August 2019), Franny (10th August 2019), Gracy (12th August 2019), happyuk (13th August 2019), Hervé (30th August 2019), Inaiá (13th August 2019), Intranuclear (10th August 2019), Ioneo (10th August 2019), Ivanhoe (12th August 2019), jjjones (11th August 2019), Johan (Keyholder) (11th August 2019), Mare (10th August 2019), Miaspri (10th August 2019), Mike (10th August 2019), Peter UK (10th August 2019), Pieman (10th August 2019), Ratszinger (13th August 2019), Rich (31st August 2019), RogeRio (10th August 2019), Rosemarie (10th August 2019), Sadieblue (11th August 2019), Sunny-side-up (10th August 2019), toppy (10th August 2019), Valerie Villars (11th August 2019), Victoria (31st August 2019)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,119 times in 3,951 posts

Default Re: Precognitive Dreams : (Another) Thread for Personal Experiences

Hi Tam

Many experiences back when I was younger.

Whole range of circumstances ranging from experiencing unseen episodes of favourite weekly TV series, a week before showing.
    Meditating on late night bus journeys, seeing other travellers getting up and leaving the bus, around 5 to 10 seconds before they actually moved.

Richard Alan Miller AKA RAM is a great source of studied information and Technics.
    He taught Navy Seals how to win fights before they started.

Great post, great subject and yes it's a true phenomenon
    I'm a simple easy going guy that is very upset/sad with the worlds hidden controllers!
    We need LEADERS who bat from the HEART!
    Rise up above them Dark evil doers, not within anger but with LOVE

4. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Sunny-side-up For This Post:

Baby Steps (31st August 2019), Bill Ryan (30th August 2019), CarnageCandy (30th August 2019), Constance (11th August 2019), Forest Denizen (10th August 2019), Franny (10th August 2019), Ivanhoe (12th August 2019), Mike (11th August 2019), Peter UK (10th August 2019), Pieman (10th August 2019), Ratszinger (13th August 2019), Rich (31st August 2019), RogeRio (11th August 2019), Sadieblue (11th August 2019), Tam (10th August 2019), toppy (10th August 2019), Valerie Villars (11th August 2019), Victoria (31st August 2019)

5. Link to Post #3
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks

I'm beginning to think that time is an illusion.

6. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Norboy For This Post:

Baby Steps (31st August 2019), Bill Ryan (30th August 2019), Constance (11th August 2019), Forest Denizen (11th August 2019), Ivanhoe (12th August 2019), Mike (11th August 2019), Ratszinger (13th August 2019), RogeRio (11th August 2019), Sadieblue (11th August 2019), Sunny-side-up (11th August 2019), Tam (10th August 2019), toppy (11th August 2019), Valerie Villars (11th August 2019)

7. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Member Mike's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,317 times in 5,693 posts

Cool thread Tam.

I told this story here before, I think. But maybe it's worth telling again.

I had this lucid dream once (tho I did not know I was dreaming, such was the level of its lucidity), where I awoke and went about some mundane morning habits. It seemed as real as every day reality. There was nothing to distinguish it as a dream at all. All my senses were engaged and sharp and my day was beginning as it always did.

In the dream, I first look at the clock (i can't recall what time it was now).

Then I did a few other things, like make my sh!tty herbal coffee, ate a bagel, followed by teeth brushing and flossing.

Then I left my room for work, and as i was walking past the door of another tenant, I heard a strange sound, like the whooshing of water.

Then I woke up. The time was the same as it was when I awoke in my dream. And then, without really thinking, I replicated exactly what I did in the dream...went about the same routine in the same order.

And sure enough, when i left my room and walked by one of the neighboring apartments I heard the same whooshing sound. Strangely, I just kept moving, and didn't question it.

Later I was told a pipe burst and the guy's place was flooding.

One of the weirdest things that ever happened to me.

8. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Baby Steps (31st August 2019), Bill Ryan (30th August 2019), Constance (11th August 2019), Forest Denizen (11th August 2019), Inaiá (13th August 2019), Ivanhoe (12th August 2019), Ratszinger (13th August 2019), RogeRio (11th August 2019), Sadieblue (11th August 2019), Sunny-side-up (11th August 2019), Tam (11th August 2019), toppy (11th August 2019), Valerie Villars (11th August 2019), Victoria (31st August 2019)

9. Link to Post #5
    United States Honored, Retired Member. Ron passed in October 2022.
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,257 times in 2,136 posts

During a night storm, walking along the seashore, extremely large waves threatened my safety. I suddenly realized I would not be harmed.
    Bill Ryan told me this is a common dream.

10. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Ron Mauer Sr For This Post:

avid (12th August 2019), Baby Steps (30th August 2019), Bill Ryan (30th August 2019), Constance (11th August 2019), Forest Denizen (11th August 2019), Ivanhoe (12th August 2019), Mike (11th August 2019), Ratszinger (13th August 2019), RogeRio (11th August 2019), Sadieblue (11th August 2019), Sunny-side-up (11th August 2019), toppy (11th August 2019), Valerie Villars (11th August 2019), Victoria (31st August 2019)

11. Link to Post #6
    Brazil Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    Portuguese
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,019 times in 377 posts

Well, for me this is a vast subject, not only precognitive type.
    The ones I've forgotten are much more than ones I could remember.

I have been adviced many times to write down dreams and events, but I never do it, because some involve the privacy of others, and I think that would be more one way to others call me crazy, and I don't need to give more another reason to others think I'm crazy one. lol

but I will give some interesting tip - the dream story is not much important !

the elements you remember are important, for example, Water, a Fruit, a Forest, a Tree. If you dream was drinking a water, take a fruit from a tree to eat (or not eat), walks through a forest, etc.

the "story of the dream" is not much important to make an interpretation, but the elements (water, fruit, tree, forest) yes, are important to search what the dream means.

With this elements more easier to remember than the whole story of the dream, you can take a Dream Dictionary, and the best well knowing is the Zolar. The interpretations contents are amazing, but it's necessary to learn how to use, for not looks a silly task.

https://www.amazon.com/Zolars-Encycl.../dp/0743222636

This dictionary is very old. I have two editions, but the content is identical, and so, " The completely revised and updated edition of the classic " its pure propaganda.

--edit--
    using this "elemental technique" and the Zolar Dictionary, you may find that virtually all dreams are Cognitives, sometimes pre and sometimes pos.
    Last edited by RogeRio; 11th August 2019 at 11:38.

12. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to RogeRio For This Post:

#22 (11th August 2019), Bill Ryan (30th August 2019), Ratszinger (13th August 2019), Rosemarie (30th August 2019), Sadieblue (13th August 2019), Sunny-side-up (11th August 2019), toppy (11th August 2019), Valerie Villars (11th August 2019), Victoria (31st August 2019)

13. Link to Post #7
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Norboy (here)
    I'm beginning to think that time is an illusion.
    Just now?

Yes, I think our vessels are designed to move in one direction through time that itself is non-linear. Like how you can choose to get on a roller coaster versus the bumper cars or a ferris wheel. A ferris wheel is going to give you an overview of the whole park, you can see everything up there, because that's the ride you're on. A roller coaster might give you a glimpse of the whole park and then you're dragged on a set path that's kinda too distracting to take in the sights around you, even if there's some spots here and there where a focused person manages to get a good look at the whole amusement park, it's just not as easy as if you were on the ferris wheel. And it doesn't let you drive around wherever you want, it's a set track forward. It's up to you if you scream and flail or smile and wave, but the overall trajectory is predictable and moving forward.

Since we here occupy humans, and humans move forward through time, generally that's how we perceive things. But, people have done feats of remote viewing the past that are fairly convincing, and people have had visions of the future come true. Reliability is not what I'm taking into account here. Only that time does get a bit slippery, one way or the other, now and again, for the right people, at, heh, the right time.

I'm not all that sure time is anything at all, other than a side effect of how the Human OS functions, winding down through the laws of entropy and all that sweet jazz.

I've had a few moments of time slippage with myself. I saw the house I live in now, a couple of years before we got it. It's not the only thing I saw in that vision, so I have high hopes for the future since the house turned out to be as I saw it. It weirded me out at the time, I perceived wood everywhere, even on the roof and on the counters. So I thought it was some kind of dream logic–until I saw the pictures of this one. Sure enough, wood on the roof, and butcher block counters. I didn't even know I could get a house this sweet. It's not a vision of any foreboding future like some people get, sorry to disappoint. I also saw myself as an old lady living somewhere else, so, y'know, high hopes for no apocalypses!

It's not the only thing I've foreseen–I also saw the person who I live with in my dreams well before I actually met her. And a few other things here and there. It's generally all quite mundane, a few times sad, all personal, and almost designed to help me get over a certain hurdle I'm experiencing in the moment. Like I saw the vision of the house at a point where I was worried I would be homeless. That never happened and now I live here, safe and sound. I saw that.

I'm just at this time signature in the playthrough in my overall perception of it, doesn't mean it can't be viewed in some fashion. Like that's the primary function of time and we're interfacing with it in this one particular way, but so many people report forms of phenomena where they encounter past lives or visions of the future. I believe it may be the very function of time itself and most people just lock onto the obvious interface of "move forward through time". Dream states seem to cause slippage a lot. I hear a lot of people report having dreams that come true later, often just of a location where they later find themselves experiencing deja vu.
    May the Force be with you.

14. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Ti For This Post:

Bill Ryan (30th August 2019), Forest Denizen (11th August 2019), Ratszinger (13th August 2019), Rosemarie (30th August 2019), Sadieblue (13th August 2019), Sunny-side-up (11th August 2019), Tam (12th August 2019), toppy (11th August 2019), Valerie Villars (11th August 2019), Victoria (31st August 2019)

15. Link to Post #8
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Hello, this is my first real post here and nobody knows me yet... I think...
    I have had three occasions where I have felt this way. Up until now I wouldn't have been able to lable or name the experiences, it really blows my mind still...here is the one that happened on Saltspring Island, bc Canada..
    My wife and I were visiting Saltspring and had just sat down at the park in town after a long hike. We sat on a patch of lawn beside each other and looked around quietly and BAM!
    A fellow beside us was talking on his phone to a parent, he was a teacher.. I caught myself listening in, totally eavesdropping and staring at my wife, eyes locked. The teacher was explaining to the parent how he wasn't teaching about God, rather using his own experience as an example to teach the class something, something, something... The kicker was, I was mouthing the words to my wife as if I had watched a scene in a movie way too many times. And also in that moment everything was clear and unfolding exactly like I knew it would.
    I gawked at the man and almost said something... But stopped. I literally didn't know what to do!
    We picked ourselves up mossied away, everything back to normal.
    In about 4 months, it would happen again.
    I wish I could explain the intensity of the moment in words. I wish I could explain the last 4 years of my life!

16. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to #22 For This Post:

Bill Ryan (30th August 2019), Forest Denizen (11th August 2019), Ivanhoe (12th August 2019), Peter UK (11th August 2019), petra (19th September 2019), Ratszinger (13th August 2019), RogeRio (11th August 2019), Rosemarie (30th August 2019), Sadieblue (13th August 2019), Sunny-side-up (11th August 2019), Tam (12th August 2019), toppy (11th August 2019), Valerie Villars (11th August 2019), Victoria (31st August 2019)

17. Link to Post #9
    United States Avalon Member Ivanhoe's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,824 times in 1,856 posts

All throughout my childhood I would dream what was going to happen the next day.
    What tests I would have at school, what the answers were, who I would meet and under what circumstances, what their actions would be, events that would unfold.
    The way it worked for me was that something would happen and I would know what was going to happen next, even what was going to be said or done, then I would realize that I had dreamed it.
    I never told anyone of my dreams, but I know my mother also had these experiences throughout her life. She was very psychic but being a fundamentalist southern missionary baptist she wouldn't talk much about it, but she was scary psychic. lol I couldn't get away with anything.

18. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Ivanhoe For This Post:

Bill Ryan (30th August 2019), Forest Denizen (12th August 2019), Ratszinger (13th August 2019), Rosemarie (30th August 2019), Sadieblue (13th August 2019), Sunny-side-up (12th August 2019), Tam (12th August 2019), Valerie Villars (13th August 2019)

19. Link to Post #10
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,945 times in 1,689 posts

My mother and I were about to embark on a 14 hour air journey the next day. We both had a dream the night before showing the number on the tail of the aircraft and somehow in the dream knew that we should not take this flight. We had to change planes at Miami and were about to get on the next aircraft when we noticed the number on the tail. The flight was delayed due to some mechanical problem which had to be fixed before we could leave. Simultaneously, an elderly man became very vocal about a dream he had before taking this flight and insisted that the aircraft was not safe. We then chimed in and spoke with the mechanic who was near the pilot's door. After stating our case loudly so all could hear, my mother and I and the elderly man left the flight. My mother and I booked a hotel room at the airport and left on another flight that morning. We enquired about the aircraft we had left and we were told that it had been docked for repairs and another aircraft was used to take the passengers to their intended destination. I think we three pre-cogs could possibly have saved a lot of lives plus an aircraft.

20. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to amor For This Post:

avid (12th August 2019), Bill Ryan (30th August 2019), Forest Denizen (12th August 2019), Ratszinger (13th August 2019), RogeRio (12th August 2019), Rosemarie (30th August 2019), Sadieblue (13th August 2019), Tam (12th August 2019), Valerie Villars (13th August 2019), Victoria (31st August 2019)

21. Link to Post #11
    United States Avalon Member Ratszinger's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,284 times in 1,399 posts

I was stationed at Scott AFB in Il. and played in a band. We rehearsed in the attic of our lead singer's house in Mascoutah, Il. It was a neat old house and I really loved the tall ceilings and old crown moldings of yesteryear. Jennifer, our lead singer was a look alike for one of the Bangles and she sang like a lark. I didn't even know who her parents were we actually met her at a club we were playing at before we played together. Anyway, turns out her dad was a dentist and worked at the same clinic I worked at there at Scott. One day we finally met at the breakfast table at his house when the drummer and some of the other players were waiting on Jen. I saw Dr., her dad and immediately realized I had a dream about him and in that dream I saw him as a one star general. Siting there at the coffee table that morning I blurted that out right there to both Jen's parents and they got such a laugh. Dr. G was a Lt. Col at the time and specialist in the prosthodontics dept at the base. He later like a couple years later made Col but since there is only one active duty general in all the air force and one reserve general it was unlikely he'd ever see that star. Occasionally he'd remind me jokingly in the halls at work that he still hadn't seen that star and he'd laugh.

Then he leaves for Germany and runs a base over there for a while, like a short tour and next thing I know he is back at Scott as the new Base Dental Surg to run the program there at the MAC headquarters. ( at the time)
    We moved to Arizona later on and kept in touch over the time there but one day when we lived in Tsaile, AZ on the Navajo Reservation I got a call at home and it was General G calling me before he called even his wife to tell me he just put on his star! We both belly laughed that day let me tell you! Dream come true number one there. I've had others but not as spectacular. General G retired as a one star general, and the only one in all the dental corp. air force just as I called it. What's more interesting is that the guy in the dream that was standing beside him that I had never seen ended up working at the base as his assistant which was pretty freaky too!
    The genius consistently stands out from the masses in that he unconsciously anticipates truths of which the population as a whole only later becomes conscious! Speech-circa 1937

22. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Ratszinger For This Post:

Bill Ryan (30th August 2019), Craig (13th August 2019), Forest Denizen (31st August 2019), Rosemarie (30th August 2019), Sadieblue (13th August 2019), Tam (12th August 2019), Valerie Villars (13th August 2019), Victoria (31st August 2019)

23. Link to Post #12
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,948 times in 536 posts

Interesting post indeed. I like to think that i believe is this but i can safely say that nothing remotely what you would call 'supernatural' has ever happened to me. Whether or not this is a good thing I am unsure, probably cause if anything ever happened to me similar to anything that i have ever read I would probably be dead of a heart attack from fear before i hit the ground.

I still think I believe in most of what i read though.

24. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Craig For This Post:

Bill Ryan (30th August 2019), Forest Denizen (31st August 2019), Ratszinger (13th August 2019), Rosemarie (30th August 2019), Sadieblue (1st September 2019), Valerie Villars (13th August 2019), Victoria (31st August 2019)

25. Link to Post #13
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,099 times in 144 posts

I was an Air Force Pilot for 9 years Active Duty, and 1 year Reserves... and an Airline pilot for 20 years.

In the 10th Grade I took an Occupational Interest Test and Pilot was #1, Scientist was #2..

Since being a Pilot sounded much more interesting.. I decided that was what I would do.. and go see the world.

Then I started getting Aviation Premonitions.. These were not Dreams.. but Bill suggested posting them here.

I finally sit down and wrote them down.. before I forgot them..

Here goes..

Attached Files
    Last edited by Perdido; 30th August 2019 at 05:52. Reason: Correction

26. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Perdido For This Post:

avid (30th August 2019), Baby Steps (30th August 2019), Bill Ryan (30th August 2019), Forest Denizen (31st August 2019), Ratszinger (30th August 2019), Sadieblue (1st September 2019), Valerie Villars (30th August 2019), Victoria (31st August 2019)

27. Link to Post #14
    Thanks

Another one in detail..
    Attached Files

28. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Perdido For This Post:

avid (30th August 2019), Bill Ryan (30th August 2019), Forest Denizen (31st August 2019), Ratszinger (30th August 2019), Sadieblue (1st September 2019), Victoria (31st August 2019)

29. Link to Post #15
    Thanks

Iran mission...
    Attached Files

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Perdido For This Post:

avid (30th August 2019), Bill Ryan (30th August 2019), Forest Denizen (31st August 2019), Ratszinger (30th August 2019), Victoria (31st August 2019)

31. Link to Post #16
    Thanks

Air Force Pilot Training pic attached...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DKettles - T38 1973 Ladder Crop1.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	409.2 KB
ID:	41464  

32. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Perdido For This Post:

avid (30th August 2019), Bill Ryan (30th August 2019), Forest Denizen (31st August 2019), Ratszinger (30th August 2019), Victoria (31st August 2019)

33. Link to Post #17
    Thanks

Airline Pic attached...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	David - Airline.JPG
Views:	35
Size:	250.3 KB
ID:	41465  

34. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Perdido For This Post:

35. Link to Post #18
    Great Britain Avalon Member Baby Steps's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,663 times in 1,521 posts

I think that the concept of death dreams also fits here.....

1. the very spiritual psychic aunt who shortly before her death experienced a dream where a golden orb came into her room, and wiped out the image of the room like an eraser. she was left floating in a blue void. She was being prepared for the transition.
    2. another relative dreamed of travelling on a train. her long dead partner gets on and tells her ' its time to get off now'.
    3. a vision I had after another aunts death. this lady did not seem to be very esoteric. she faught and resisted the onset of death, as if she feared it. my vision was of her on a cruise ship, very titanic-style(she had come from canada to uk in the twenties), as her voyage progressed , old dead friends would progressively meet her. What a gentle way to transition.
    4. the new one in about my father. in the dream i am at a wonderful party or gathering in a big house. in comes my fathers brother, recently deceased. then my father. there is a sense of great fun and mischief with these two, as if they are remembering the thrills and spills of their youth. My interpretation is that this man is working on my fathers transition, linking in and building that connection. I am pre-cognitively being shown what is coming, and the work being done to ease the transition.

God bless
    we have subcontracted the business of healing people to Companies who profit from sickness.

36. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Baby Steps For This Post:

Bill Ryan (30th August 2019), CarnageCandy (30th August 2019), Forest Denizen (31st August 2019), Ratszinger (30th August 2019), Sadieblue (1st September 2019), Victoria (31st August 2019)

37. Link to Post #19
    Thanks

awesome thread, from knowing the phone was about to ring, to literally knowing that my number would come out of the hat on a few raffles before it did - I get allot less de ja vu and feelings now unfortunately, but my most recent "weirdness" was only the other morning - I woke up confused as my dream quickly faded, wondering what the dream was about (I don't tend to remember dreams much, just the feeling they gave me). I said good morning to Alexa my echo dot, who will tell you an "on this day in"... fact - and she decided to tell me about the rising population of Parakeets in the UK, to which I then remembered that it was Parakeets that I was dreaming about. Not exactly wow material, but hey :-)

38. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to CarnageCandy For This Post:

avid (30th August 2019), Baby Steps (31st August 2019), Bill Ryan (30th August 2019), Forest Denizen (31st August 2019), Ratszinger (30th August 2019), Rosemarie (30th August 2019), Sadieblue (1st September 2019), Valerie Villars (30th August 2019), Victoria (31st August 2019)

39. Link to Post #20
    United States Avalon Member Victoria's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,525 times in 277 posts

Some of the more memorable instances: In 1994, I had a disturbing dream that I was in a very modern flat which I had never seen anything like before, and outside under the white balcony tiles, beside the kitchen, someone that I was seeing through- first person- was hiding body parts. The tiles were being replaced over them. I was mortified watching my hands do this. The ceiling was made of office panels. The flat was completely empty, but I saw the full layout clearly and I remember I could smell the fumes of some strong chemically smell. I was very freaked out by this, because it felt like it was me; I was doing everything in my dream. I woke up hysterical wanting to know why I had butchered something. It was so graphic and detailed that I couldn't shake it. I shared the dream with my family.

Toward the end of 1995, my family moved to Thailand. Our driver brought us into town and I remember on the way, we were all so thrilled to see the bright city lights and glowing horizon reflected in the waterways. We arrived to our new place in the early morning hours. As we took our first steps into the apartment on the 13th floor, I stopped in the doorway and grabbed my mother's hand- it was the exact same flat I had seen in my dream the year before. Before looking at any of the rest of the home, we walked straight to the kitchen and checked outside on the balcony. Thankfully, there wasn't anything unusual beneath the tiles and we had a good laugh. Nothing was in the apartment at all but a welcome note and an enormous basket of exotic fruit.

Feeling very relieved, my sisters and I raced through the rest to explore and choose our bedrooms. We proceeded to enjoy our time there until about one month in, when a new high-rise started to be built next door. It was right outside my bedroom window and was slated to be the tallest, most luxurious building in the city. We watched the structure grow from the ground slowly. By the time it leveled with our floor, we had to put in super blackout curtains and sound proofing to sleep. Unfortunately, we had an up close view of all the construction men and their antics. Many of them appeared to have a glue or chemical huffing problem, and there were few to no safety protocols in place as they perched on the beams by my window to work.

They labored all through the night because it was too hot to do much during the day. One evening, after my family had gone to sleep, I opened the curtains to watch them. I looked out in horror to see them doing terrible things to animals...animals that became permanently part of the floor in that building. :-( Even though it wasn't me doing it and it was in the wrong building, to some disgusting extent, my dream still came true.
    ---
    During that same timeframe (1996), I had a very detailed dream about being underground in huge dark tunnels that had magnetic areas along the bottom, as though for maglev style trains ( which I hadn't yet heard of at the time). I was with someone else in my dream and we were playing around with the energy of it, letting ourselves levitate by putting a mat underneath us. We could lean side to side or back to go forward, and forward to halt almost like balancing on a ball in the water...except that in our excitement, we accelerated unbelievably fast. It was a great dream and when I woke up, I spent days, locked in my room, drawing and writing out everything I had learned and remembered using terminology and concepts I hadn't heard before. Thinking it the safest place, I typed all of this on my father's computer... all the physics particulars for a conscience controlled vehicle that hovered off the ground using electromagnetics and highly focused energy/consciousness. When explaining it to my family, I referenced the classic gyroscope, only levitating.

Then, I went away to school in another country. While I was gone, my father sold his computer with everything I had written. A short time later, the Bangkok Post had two articles: one about the man who created an invention called the Levitron using the same principles and another about Japan beginning plans for their Maglev trains. My mother recognized what I had described in the articles, and clipped them to send to me. My happiness was short lived when I found out that my father had sold his computer and there wasn't any other proof of what I had written.
    ---
    Then, in 1996, I was in university when I had a dream about being one of several men walking in the damaged ruin of a building, nestled among hills, overlooking the most beautiful valley. The structure had tall beautifully aged white pillars and ancient white stone walls. The men I was with were laughing about some engineering jokes and looking at the floor when my eyes caught two black dots on the horizon. As they came closer, I could see they were completely black helicopters. They continued to fly toward us and my friends were not paying any attention. I had an overwhelming feeling of dread as I could see into the cockpits- the sense of inhuman danger staring me back just before they open fired on us and obliterated the building. I called my father to tell him my dream and plead with him not to accept any middle east offers.

My father was subsequently offered a post in the middle east and due to my dream, decided to turn down the offer. I haven't any way to verify whether such a helicopter event happened. All I cared about at the time was that it did not happen to my father.
    --
    When I was at a different college in 1997, I had a dream one night that something terrible had happened to a family member. I sat straight up and yelled her name. My roommate had to calm me. I told her my family member had been... Hours later, that same night, the phone rang and my roommate answered it. My parents were calling from overseas to let me know that something bad had happened. What I had seen in the dream had occurred.
    ---
    While not a dream, several years ago at work, I walked hurriedly by a group having a discussion. I heard one of them ask a question that I instantly knew the answer to, so sort of flippantly as I passed, I answered the question. I could feel them staring at me as I exited the hall. The guy who I thought had asked the question came running up behind me to hold open the door and said, "I didn't ask that yet..I didn't say that out loud. How did you know ?"
    ---
    More recently, I was at work alone in an office when the darkest, most foreboding feeling came over me. I couldn't see out the windows because I was not tall enough, but I felt that there was a black vehicle-- I could feel the black... outside and I thought whoever was in it was going to do something... maybe a robbery. Maybe kill me... I wasn't sure. I turned on my phone to video record and set it up, hidden, in the opposite end of the office facing my desk. I took out my voice recorder, turned it on and hid it under my key board. Then I waited. After a moment of nothing happening I peeked out the door and there WAS a black van in the parking lot. It had a strange logo on it...wait, a flower of life logo?!

I still felt the immense darkness, but didn't see any movement from the van, so went back to what I was doing, telling myself I was being silly.. and all the more curious because of the contradiction here.

When my office door opened minutes later a friendly acquaintance walked in. She said she was with a "doctor" of hers, and that she couldn't wait for me to meet her...she had brought her in just to meet me.

I came around the corner with a relieved smile hearing this, but stopped cold when I was met by a wall of the darkest negativity. Anger almost. Rage.The look in her eyes was like looking into pure hate and she was locked on me like she knew me. The disgust toward me was so obvious and intense that I wasn't sure what was going to happen. I felt that this woman, this doctor friend of my acquaintance, was reading my mind and was not who she portrays herself to be...so I went into automatic blank wall state 'happy, oh so sweet, everything is wonderful and would you like some sugar with that' mode. She was not amused. I kept my mind focused on the counter between us and blank.

The situation was so awkward and conflicting that my nice acquaintance seemed genuinely and completely confused, repeated herself a few times uncomfortably waiting for a nice dialog to ensue, stumbled and then tried to placate her friend who was not speaking or behaving in the way she had expected. So she started apologizing to me in an embarrassed way and then they both left.

I went home that evening and looked up the woman's website to see who had created such a dark atmosphere. Ironically, she was a neurolinguistic programmer, EFT practitioner, channeler, sacred therapy coach, international life coach and hypnotist with a focus on programming the subconscious and unconscious mind. Someone you would expect to embody happy genuine positivity. A page on her site began, " With simple techniques you can grow your ability to trust your intuition..." I burst out laughing. Thank you and thank you, I certainly trust mine. Not sure who she really was, but we were on opposite sides of a deep divide. :-)
    Last edited by Victoria; 19th December 2019 at 17:29.

40. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Victoria For This Post:

Baby Steps (31st August 2019), Forest Denizen (31st August 2019), muxfolder (1st September 2019), Sadieblue (1st September 2019)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast