Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,427 times in 622 posts

Default Could America buy Greenland?

From the BBC, 16 AUG 2019

I wonder WHY ?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-49367792

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to boja For This Post:

Bill Ryan (17th August 2019), Frank V (16th August 2019), Kryztian (16th August 2019), Nasu (16th August 2019), RogeRio (17th August 2019), toppy (16th August 2019), wnlight (16th August 2019)

3. Link to Post #2
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,249 times in 1,238 posts

Default Re: Could America buy Greenland?

Quote Posted by boja (here)
    I wonder WHY ?
    Strategic interests of the US Empire. The USA already has a very prominent military presence there, and Greenland also offers an interesting prospect to the US corporations on account of its natural resources ─ mining, probably.

Anyway, no need to worry though. The Danish aren't going to sell Greenland anytime soon. It's not the first time the US has offered to buy Greenland from them.
    Last edited by Frank V; 16th August 2019 at 16:18.

4. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,949 times in 3,471 posts

This Facebook conversation appeared yesterday on the page of Cheryl Costa. Cheryl is a Ufologist and has appeared at a lot of conventions, as of late, I know her specialty has been in compiling a statistical compendium about UFO sightings. She has a sense of humor, but she can also be serious. If this conversation had erupted at any other time, I would have dismissed this as a fun exercise done with humor. But now I don't know.

Here are the relevant bits and pieces of a rather long Facebook conversation:

5. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Kryztian For This Post:

Art (18th August 2019), Baby Steps (17th August 2019), Bill Ryan (17th August 2019), boja (17th August 2019), ClearWater (18th August 2019), Frank V (17th August 2019), toppy (18th August 2019)

6. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Member James Newell's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,912 times in 340 posts

When I was in the military I could have gone to Iceland, one of our bases there. I declined, but over all, with trillions in gas and oil and probably the strategic implications re the Northern hemisphere (Russian ICBMs) I am a bit surprised the US didn't make a bid on it earlier.
    Last edited by Bill Ryan; 18th August 2019 at 09:10. Reason: corrected typo

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to James Newell For This Post:

Bill Ryan (18th August 2019), Frank V (18th August 2019), Kryztian (18th August 2019), toppy (18th August 2019)

8. Link to Post #5
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,482 times in 1,331 posts

This analysis, from May 2017, may be pertinent here.

Quote Published on May 9, 2017
    Ongoing relations between China and Greenland are yet another strategic move by Beijing, which will also incorporate the OBOR initiative.
    London Paul comments via his website, The Sirius Report (https://www.thesiriusreport.com/), and his (subscriber) podcasts on geopolitical and global economic issues.
    Last edited by Cara; 18th August 2019 at 09:43.
    *I have loved the stars too dearly to be fearful of the night*

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cara For This Post:

Bill Ryan (18th August 2019), boja (18th August 2019), Frank V (18th August 2019), toppy (18th August 2019)

10. Link to Post #6
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,050 times in 521 posts

Denmark Offers to Buy US

COPENHAGEN (The Borowitz Report)—After rebuffing Donald J. Trump’s hypothetical proposal to purchase Greenland, the government of Denmark has announced that it would be interested in buying the United States instead.

“As we have stated, Greenland is not for sale,” a spokesperson for the Danish government said on Friday. “We have noted, however, that during the Trump regime pretty much everything in the United States, including its government, has most definitely been for sale.”

“Denmark would be interested in purchasing the United States in its entirety, with the exception of its government,” the spokesperson added.

A key provision of the purchase offer, the spokesperson said, would be the relocation of Donald Trump to another country “to be determined,” with Russia and North Korea cited as possible destinations.

If Denmark’s bid for the United States is accepted, the Scandinavian nation has ambitious plans for its new acquisition. “We believe that, by giving the U.S. an educational system and national health care, it could be transformed from a vast land mass into a great nation,” the spokesperson said.

https://www.newyorker.com/humor/boro...fers-to-buy-us

My X and her man spent 2 years in Greenland as teachers and councilors. They didn't pay Danish taxes at this time and were able to fly back and forth for free. I met many Greenlanders when I lived in Denmark since our Danish was limited so we spoke Danglish. Trump according to my friends in Denmark has united Denmark for the first time in many years in agreement that he's not right in the head. Greenland is a goldmine for rare earth elements and other valuable resources. The Greenlanders and Danes know this and are not fools

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ichingcarpenter For This Post:

Bill Ryan (18th August 2019), Frank V (18th August 2019), Kryztian (19th August 2019), Michi (18th August 2019)

12. Link to Post #7
    United States Avalon Member section9's Avatar
    Thanks

Did the Black Projects people find stuff there from Hyperborean Times?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to section9 For This Post:

Frank V (19th August 2019)

14. Link to Post #8
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,133 times in 173 posts

Quote Posted by Aragorn (here)
    Quote Posted by boja (here)
    I wonder WHY ?
    Strategic interests of the US Empire. The USA already has a very prominent military presence there, and Greenland also offers an interesting prospect to the US corporations on account of its natural resources ─ mining, probably.

Anyway, no need to worry though. The Danish aren't going to sell Greenland anytime soon. It's not the first time the US has offered to buy Greenland from them.
    I agree with you @Aragorn, Strategic interests of the US gouvernment, but now is not the time and the president is not the right one, who knows if he will be re-elected, I hope not.

I do not think the denmark and the EU would agree to a purchase...
    Iyakum
    All the questions we have, all the answers we are looking for, about the meaning of life. Mother Nature, she has already answered, we just have to read it.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Iyakum For This Post:

Frank V (19th August 2019)

+ Reply to Thread