+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Consciousness and Energy

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Honored, Retired Member. Ron passed in October 2022.
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,257 times in 2,136 posts

Default Consciousness and Energy

What thoughts do we have about "Soul", "High Self" and "Inner Being"? Do these terms describe the same consciousness/energy?

2. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Ron Mauer Sr For This Post:

Anchor (17th August 2019), astridmari (20th August 2019), Baby Steps (16th August 2019), Cara (17th August 2019), Chester (1st November 2019), DeeMetrios (17th August 2019), greybeard (16th August 2019), johnf (17th August 2019), Nasu (16th August 2019), petra (20th August 2019), Ratszinger (16th August 2019), Rich (16th August 2019), RogeRio (16th August 2019), Sue (Ayt) (17th August 2019), Wind (16th August 2019), wondering (16th August 2019)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member Ratszinger's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,276 times in 1,399 posts

Default Re: Consciousness and Energy

Here we see that all life needs to exchange energy to survive. One life survives by consuming the energy of another and I see nothing to indicate that would be any different when we leave these shells. We are still energy beings and my guess is then we also have needs and will also need to feed on something to survive. I suppose the question is what? My thoughts are that consciousness will sustain itself by feeding on the emotional energies of the very circle of beings it reincarnates into, almost as if each has it's own gene pool it experiences through and they recycle here in different groups at different times I imagine. One group the proverbial "Guardian Angel" from the other side believed to be walking side by side with the lives they 'guard' here when it maybe is true they guard but perhaps for vested interest? Perhaps they simply guard their feeding supply to sustain their own light and perhaps they even generate emotional exchanges or outbursts at times off their host beings they stimulate for sustenance. Then later these same beings are incarnate in a body or vessel themselves being the ones stimulated to produce for the very ones they stimulate now only they will swap places. Other groups I imagine would just scavenge feeding off anything they could find even if just once like we see in haunting's producing fear energy off those they feed on for the best flavor they can muster.

From the writings of the 3rd Century Neo-Platonic philosopher Porphyry:
    "The realm of the soul, being semi-material, has its inhabitants possessing semi-material (astral) forms. Some of them are good, others evil; some are kindly disposed towards man, others are malicious. Both classes have ethereal but changeable bodies; the good ones are masters of their bodies and desires, the evil ones are governed by the desires of their bodies. They are all powers for good or for evil, divine, animal, or diabolic invisible influences creating, by their interior activity, passions, desires, vices, and virtues in the souls of beings. The more evil they are, the more do their forms approach the corporeal state. They then live on the exhalations of matter; they induce men to murder and to kill animals, they enjoy the vapours arising from the victims, and grow fat by absorbing the ethereal substances of the dying. They are, therefore, always ready to incite men to wars and crimes, and they collect in great crowds in places where men or animals are killed."
    The genius consistently stands out from the masses in that he unconsciously anticipates truths of which the population as a whole only later becomes conscious! Speech-circa 1937

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ratszinger For This Post:

johnf (17th August 2019), Nasu (16th August 2019), RogeRio (16th August 2019), yelik (17th August 2019)

5. Link to Post #3
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,860 times in 11,838 posts

Same consciousness Ron but different levels of that energy.
    The individual is restricted condensed consciousness.
    That which we are, is formless then its condensed into matter.

Chris
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Baby Steps (16th August 2019), Chester (1st November 2019), johnf (17th August 2019), Nasu (16th August 2019), Peter UK (17th August 2019), petra (20th August 2019), Ron Mauer Sr (16th August 2019), Wind (16th August 2019)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks

Quote Posted by greybeard (here)
    Same consciousness Ron but different levels of that energy.
    The individual is restricted condensed consciousness.
    That which we are, is formless then its condensed into matter.

Chris
    Chris can you rank the relative energy levels of "Soul", "High Self" and "Inner Being" if the terms do not describe the same thing?

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Ron Mauer Sr For This Post:

Baby Steps (17th August 2019), Chester (1st November 2019), johnf (17th August 2019), Nasu (16th August 2019), Peter UK (17th August 2019), petra (20th August 2019), RogeRio (16th August 2019)

9. Link to Post #5
    Language
    English
    Thanks

They are all Self all the One.
    The labels are just different functions and different functions may express different energy levels but they are all waves of the divine ocean if that makes sense.
    Mind wants to attribute the functions to seeming different portions of mind but bottom line is everything is temporary appearances in consciousness witnessed by awareness which is eternal---you are That.
    Hope this helps Ron

Chris

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Chester (1st November 2019), johnf (17th August 2019), Nasu (16th August 2019), Peter UK (17th August 2019), Rich (17th August 2019), Ron Mauer Sr (16th August 2019), Wind (17th August 2019)

11. Link to Post #6
    Brazil Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    Portuguese
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,019 times in 377 posts

good question, from dearest Ron Mauer Sr.

The post-answers this thread certainly will help me to discern this "semantics", because I have contents to open threads related, and this is one of my main doubts regarding the right use of words (concepts) about Soul and Consciousness to people here.

Going on -- Soul and Conscienciousness can be considered the same Being in two stages of evolution. (starting and ending, for reference). That way, the Soul after being choose to be an "individual being", goes through an entire evolutionary process to grow from a naive state (soul) to a utterly free individual aware about who I'm, what I'm, where I came from and where I'm going to. All this awareness (or not) works in present (life) times, in a very cohesive and coherent way.

(note - when this cohesive and coherent way breaks, distort or deviates, the Soul suffers the consequences)

Then, the difference between a newborn Soul and a utterly Free Conscienciousness It's a long learning and growing process, inside the universe where the Soul borns (born here it's a metaphor .. ok?).

A Free Conscienciousness, by definition, can stay in the universe that she belongs, go away to others (universes & multiverses), or choose create a own universe by herself, and in this last case, she will be a new (God) Creator. If she chooses not to be a Oneness Creator, she will be a co-Creator with another Creator (universe), that she Freely "Choose" to be a partner.

Energy is the fundamental free matter of all (universe) existence, emanated from its Creator to his Universe, where he is OMNI-present and OMNI-sentient (by the energy he emanates to all his creation)

High-Self its a part of Ego (high-Ego), related to the abstract mind, that "one day" (metaphor) will be discarded by the Soul-Conscienciousness during her evolution process, just analog as the Spirit (the subtle bodies) discards the dense Body when it dies here on Earth (3D).

I didn't say everything, I said very superficially, but I think I answered objectively what was asked (properly).
    Last edited by RogeRio; 16th August 2019 at 23:54. Reason: bad english & clarity

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to RogeRio For This Post:

Anchor (17th August 2019), greybeard (17th August 2019), johnf (17th August 2019), Nasu (16th August 2019), Peter UK (17th August 2019), Rich (17th August 2019)

13. Link to Post #7
    United States Avalon Member johnf's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,363 times in 1,115 posts

I struggle with this stuff to keep it simple, I was raised with a lot of scientific influence around me and

have always been pretty analytical, but over the years I tend to be more poetic and visual.
    I think of myself as various spheres of awareness the higher the awareness, the larger the sphere and

the more fine the energy. All those spheres are connected by a central thread of awareness like the cord in a string of pearls always
    connected, and the denser the level the closer zoomed in I am. The purpose of the levels is to experience intensity, and play with perspectives, so that it is all like an immense concerto, and epic movie that is played out, but pure awareness is always right there the whole time.

John
    "I am fascinated by religion. (That's a completely different thing from believing in it!)" Douglas Adams

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to johnf For This Post:

greybeard (17th August 2019), Nasu (17th August 2019), Peter UK (17th August 2019), petra (20th August 2019), Rich (17th August 2019), RogeRio (17th August 2019), yelik (17th August 2019)

15. Link to Post #8
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,814 times in 3,730 posts

The biggest stumbling block for me is the concept of the infinite.

The infinite creation and creator all being one and containing and being all.

> What thoughts do we have about "Soul", "High Self" and "Inner Being"? Do these terms describe the same consciousness/energy?

Each of these are contained within the all and are artifacts of a mode of being wherein one is incarnated in a physical body - to experience a world of separation where things are finite, measurable and "real".

The soul, high self and inner being are different ways of conceptualizing complex parts of our current illusion.

I would say:
    • Soul is a useful way of defining that part of you which is a constant from incarnation to incarnation
    • High Self is a time travel trick, it is a sort of embodiment of your future self that helps you (if you pay attention)
    • Inner Being is that world that you approach in silence, as you seek to focus and not let the attachments we naturally have to the clamor of the outside world
    -- Let the truth be known by all, let the truth be known by all, let the truth be known by all --

16. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Anchor For This Post:

Chester (1st November 2019), greybeard (17th August 2019), Olaf (17th August 2019), petra (20th August 2019), Rich (17th August 2019), RogeRio (17th August 2019), Wind (17th August 2019), yelik (17th August 2019)

17. Link to Post #9
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,754 times in 978 posts

Quote Posted by Ron Mauer Sr (here)
    What thoughts do we have about "Soul", "High Self" and "Inner Being"? Do these terms describe the same consciousness/energy?
    Years ago I would have used those terms synonymously and although I don't frequent those terms with the same regularity I can't say they equate any differently. The first term that started to become strctly non - personal outside of these was spirit which seemed much more difficult to define.

I agree that energy, consciousness or awareness are preferable because they don't suggest anything that's part of a closed system.

However I'm still intrigued to listen on occasion to theories as to what the soul actually is, the idea of a soul's purpose, karmic affiliations, soul families, starseeds etc.

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Peter UK For This Post:

Cara (17th August 2019), greybeard (17th August 2019), Rich (17th August 2019), RogeRio (17th August 2019), Wind (17th August 2019), yelik (17th August 2019)

19. Link to Post #10
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,895 times in 765 posts

I've heard some astral travelers referring to their astral body as "soul", I think of it more as the essence of our being.

I believe we are, in reality multi dimensional beings and this human experience is a tiny part,
    a small aspect of the bigger us or Real us.
    The High Self could be the Real us that never left God, it exists apart from time and is unconditional Love.

There are writings to support the idea that we exist beyond the human experience in books I read like ACIM and many other teachings like Bashar, Seth and books about Astral travel.

The body is a tiny fence around a little part of a glorious and complete idea. It draws a circle, infinitely small, around a very little segment of Heaven, splintered from the whole, proclaiming that within it is your kingdom, where God can enter not.

Within this kingdom the ego rules, and cruelly. And to defend this little speck of dust it bids you fight against the universe. This fragment of your mind is such a tiny part of it that, could you but appreciate the whole, you would see instantly that it is like the smallest sunbeam to the sun, or like the faintest ripple on the surface of the ocean. In its amazing arrogance, this tiny sunbeam has decided it is the sun; this almost imperceptible ripple hails itself as the ocean.
    Think how alone and frightened is this little thought, this infinitesimal illusion, holding itself apart against the universe. The sun becomes the sunbeam's "enemy" that would devour it, and the ocean terrifies the little ripple and wants to swallow it.

Yet neither sun nor ocean is even aware of all this strange and meaningless activity. They merely continue, unaware that they are feared and hated by a tiny segment of themselves. Even that segment is not lost to them, for it could not survive apart from them. And what it thinks it is in no way changes its total dependence on them for its being.

Its whole existence still remains in them. Without the sun the sunbeam would be gone; the ripple without the ocean is inconceivable.

Here ACIM elucidates nicely that we already exist in the higher/highest dimensions or we would not be able to be at all. All levels below God and High Self might be distortions and ultimately, perhaps unreal.
    It is a joke to think that time can come to circumvent eternity. ~ACIM

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Rich For This Post:

greybeard (17th August 2019), onevoice (17th August 2019), RogeRio (17th August 2019), Wind (17th August 2019), yelik (17th August 2019)

21. Link to Post #11
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Ultimately all that is real is "That Thou Art."
    Awareness.
    The definition of real being ---eternal-- unchanging
    Everything else is an appearance in consciousness.
    Its that simple according to Advaita which means one without a second.

Chris

22. The Following User Says Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Rich (17th August 2019)

23. Link to Post #12
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,895 times in 765 posts

Awareness.
    Chris, it really feels that way sometimes, I used to think so but not sure anymore. I doubt it is possible to know the truth for humans.
    It is a joke to think that time can come to circumvent eternity. ~ACIM

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rich For This Post:

greybeard (17th August 2019), johnf (17th August 2019), RogeRio (17th August 2019)

25. Link to Post #13
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Rich (here)
    Awareness.
    Chris, it really feels that way sometimes, I used to think so but not sure anymore. I doubt it is possible to know the truth for humans.
    You could say it all stems from the fact "I" exist Rich
    If "I" did not exist there could be no awareness--everything Im aware of happens within "my" awareness.
    Anything more said complicates and confuses the issue--muddies the water.

The swami videos Clear Light and Ive been posting recently on the enlightenment and other matters thread cover virtually every question-- doubt that I have had.

God is not human--neither are we ultimately----we inhabit a human body and have experiences through that--spirit--soul--not being matter cant have these experiences---but witnesses through the eyes of the body and observes --experiences through the other senses.
    Hence the expression human having spiritual experiences is back to front.

Chris

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

johnf (17th August 2019), Rich (17th August 2019)

27. Link to Post #14
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,481 times in 1,331 posts

This interesting philosophical discussion from Pierre Grimes on the implications of “if the soul can journey” may be relevant here. He focusses on the Ancient Greek philosophers, almost as a wisdom tradition.

*I have loved the stars too dearly to be fearful of the night*

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cara For This Post:

greybeard (17th August 2019), Peter UK (17th August 2019), Rich (17th August 2019), RogeRio (17th August 2019)

29. Link to Post #15
    Thanks

I have enjoyed thinking about souls and oversouls as described by Jane Roberts and Seth in her book Education of Oversoul Seven

We all are extensions of Source energy, no matter the frequency boundaries, the bandwidth that we occupy and are aware of. I suspect that we are multi-dimensional beings. In this reality we all are ghosts wearing meat suits riding a fast moving rock hurtling through space. And the reasons for being here are many: learning, the thrill of the ride, to touch the stove to feel if it is really hot, manifestation of desire, etc.

The reason I made the original post was to expand my thoughts about improving my ability to navigate this reality, and when I ask for assistance, whom do I ask?

Everything is a combination consciousness and energy. Even the plastic on my kitchen counter as I was told by Barbara Marciniak's Pleadians. I feel that they spoke accurately.

I feel it would be wonderful to see through the illusion of separation but the illusion may be required for learning.
    Last edited by Ron Mauer Sr; 17th August 2019 at 19:26.

30. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ron Mauer Sr For This Post:

Baby Steps (17th August 2019), greybeard (17th August 2019), Peter UK (17th August 2019), Rich (17th August 2019), Sue (Ayt) (17th August 2019), Victoria (21st August 2019)

31. Link to Post #16
    Language
    English
    Thanks

The reason I made the original post was to expand my thoughts about improving my ability to navigate this reality, and when I ask for assistance, whom do I ask?

I feel it would be wonderful to see through the illusion of separation but the illusion may be required for learning.
    What if this so called illusion is relative to a different form of illusion not yet considered or comprehensible from this current 3D perspective?

It's possible that a series of apparent illusions exist and maybe infinitely, but known by different names. Maybe the nature of reality is something like that, a kind of virtual within a virtual, always harboring the feeling of separation from something else but still embodying the fullness of an experiential lifeforce.

Or is that a Yikes!

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Peter UK For This Post:

Ron Mauer Sr (17th August 2019)

33. Link to Post #17
    Thanks

What if a goal of Spirit is to expand Its own experience of self discovery by creating desire and fulfillment through Its creations in all Its many vibrational realities?

What if every being who thought Itself to be Prime Creator has or will discover it is the child of another Being?

What if there is no ending, it is all a journey?

What if love is the glue that holds everything together?

These questions bring a smile and energy flow to me.
    Last edited by Ron Mauer Sr; 17th August 2019 at 19:52.

34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ron Mauer Sr For This Post:

Gracy (17th August 2019), Peter UK (17th August 2019), Sue (Ayt) (17th August 2019), Yoda (17th August 2019)

35. Link to Post #18
    Language
    English
    Thanks

What if a goal of Spirit is to expand Its own experience of self discovery by creating desire and fulfillment through Its creations in all Its many vibrational realities?

What if every being who thought Itself to be Prime Creator has or will discover it is the child of another Being?

I'm inclined to answer yes to all of them!

36. The Following User Says Thank You to Peter UK For This Post:

Ron Mauer Sr (17th August 2019)

37. Link to Post #19
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Depends what your personal goal is.
    If its enlightenment then there is plenty of evidence pointing the Truth of Non-duality, the Ultimate
    That is eternal, unchanging no human characteristics.
    Books like "I am That" By Nasargadatta is "personal" experience--many books videos speaking of one without a second as Self Realization.

If its to enjoy the multitude of experiences in a lifetime then that's different but its not awakening to your true identity
    That's perfectly fine.
    Chris

38. The Following User Says Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Ron Mauer Sr (18th August 2019)

39. Link to Post #20
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,617 times in 225 posts

[/COLOR]

Ron, I am progressively arriving at the same conclusions, as you are alluding to.

40. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Yoda For This Post:

greybeard (18th August 2019), johnf (20th August 2019), Ron Mauer Sr (17th August 2019), Sue (Ayt) (2nd November 2019)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast