+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Interesting difference between Youtube and Yahoo (video tab) search results on current news

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member graciousb's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,390 times in 149 posts

Default Interesting difference between Youtube and Yahoo (video tab) search results on current news

Wasn't sure on best section to put this, but thought maybe others may find this useful, if they use YT a lot for alternative information.

As everyone likely knows, YT is a Google product and lately search has been manipulated, steering everything to MSM outlets only.

Today though I went to Yahoo at someone's suggestion, under video section, with the same search phrase referencing a current news event and the difference was interesting since Yahoo is using YT's videos!

I have no idea how this is done on a programming /algorithm level since one would think both sites are dipping into the same data pools, but I will use this now vs YT directly to find new content, until that too gets compromised. Attaching screen shots.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	youtube screen shot.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	384.0 KB
ID:	41409Click image for larger version

Name:	yahoo screen shot.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	589.6 KB
ID:	41410

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to graciousb For This Post:

Bill Ryan (18th August 2019), Forest Denizen (18th August 2019), gs_powered (19th August 2019), Hervé (18th August 2019), Nasu (19th August 2019), Sadieblue (19th August 2019), Sue (Ayt) (20th August 2019), toppy (19th August 2019), XelNaga (19th August 2019)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,741 times in 1,344 posts

Default Re: Interesting difference between Youtube and Yahoo (video tab) search results on current news

Yes, I have also noticed YouTube's algorithms have recently changed.

Google's algorithms have changed radically in the past few months to the point that it is no longer a viable or reliable search engine, IMO. The algorithms do not seem to make much sense but it definitely favors the big websites and the smaller websites often do not appear anywhere on the usual search terms!

For several years one of my web pages appeared at the top of the first page of Google on a particular search term. Now that same web page appears on the 16th page Google on the same search term!

Websites that focus on a particular subject with many different pages regarding that subject do not appear in the first several pages of Google. Large websites that only have one page related to the same search term now appear on the first page of Google. Also, Google hides or bans politically incorrect websites.

Google promotes Wikipedia, a website that is very biased against alternative health and favors the lies of government agencies and Big Pharma and corporate-controlled, allopathic medicine.

I recommend boycotting Google and using more reliable search engines like Bing, Yahoo, Duck Duck Go and Yandex.

There is now a big push by the powers that be to silence any anti-vax websites or videos. Even Vimeo is not allowing any pro-choice vaccine videos as they have recently stated in their policies!

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TrumanCash For This Post:

Blacklight43 (19th August 2019), mountain_jim (25th August 2019), Sunny (20th August 2019)

5. Link to Post #3
    United States Avalon Member Ratszinger's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,304 times in 1,401 posts

Default Re: Interesting difference between Youtube and Yahoo (video tab) search results on current news

Years ago I was called out on my first find when I was working with my father in law in IL. to retrieve bones or hominid, skull or fragments of any human remains found and reported in the state. My father in law was the editor of the ADA journal at the time and apparently this was another thing he was interested in he volunteered for that he took on assigning teams to safe guard these finds and work with the BIA when needed. (Bureau of Indian Affairs.) Whenever the 'ancestors' are disturbed they get involved. This was the case IN Fisher, IL where bones and a skull were churned up by a farmer on his tractor when he buried it's six foot tall tires nearly all the way down. He turned them spinning and up came remains. He called the authorities and it went up the chain to my father in law. We went out to find it and safe guarded it all. The BIA took the remains over some controversy which I won't get into but the point of the post is I was looking at this spot on Google earth not long ago. It's just a normal field in Il. Nothing to see there but if you use Bing and search Fisher, IL and use the map to the right from Wikileaks I guess when that page pulls up it is accessing a different satellite. Little square box top right open it with a click, click aerial and you see the field but it's got all the tell tale signs of the causeway that used to be there, the foundation lay out of lines, mounds, pits, pyramids which were the flat top type from the look and I find it interesting that Google takes it upon themselves to wipe these tells from view.

Interestingly they have a map hidden in the basement of a museum that depicts all the mounds, effigies, snake, and other shapes all on the ground before they were all flattened all the way down to the mm they detailed it and then destroyed it reportedly to cover up proof of any existing land claims before certain entities saw the evidence. Makes me wonder if some of the tells would be visible there in fields using some older satellite pics from before filters were applied. There was a Jewish menorah
    effigy on the grounds east of Chicago at one time that was huge. In fact all that was there in Atzland as it's labeled on the map I saw is proof what they left for tourist in the way of Cahokia mounds is just child's play.
    The genius consistently stands out from the masses in that he unconsciously anticipates truths of which the population as a whole only later becomes conscious! Speech-circa 1937

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ratszinger For This Post:

Sunny (20th August 2019), Victoria (3rd September 2019)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,741 times in 1,344 posts

The Censorship of Alternative Media Is Virtual Book Burning

https://www.theorganicprepper.com/ce...-book-burning/

This is a very interesting article on the effect of internet censorship by "big tech" companies (Google included) and how their algorithm machinations hurt people financially (not to mention the suppression of free speech).

8. The Following User Says Thank You to TrumanCash For This Post:

Sunny (20th August 2019)

+ Reply to Thread