+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 3

Thread: What would you do ? If you get the chance for meeting God ?

1. Link to Post #41
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,860 times in 11,838 posts

Default Re: What would you do ? If you get the chance for meeting God ?

Quote Posted by East Sun (here)
    What makes religious people think that they know it all? That's what I'd like to know.
    They don't.

It's an open clear space where anything is possible, Keep an open mind with no restrictions of
    any kind.

Maybe then we may get a new perspective that is clearer than anything that has gone before and possibly and probably more advanced. Give it a try and see what you come up with...………...
    One word EGO!!!
    The ego likes to think it got it right---therefore you guys got it wrong.
    Its a separation device.
    The ego's last resort according to ACIM is "Im special"
    Chris
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Denise/Dizi (3rd September 2019), East Sun (1st September 2019), Mark (Star Mariner) (1st September 2019), Wind (1st September 2019)

3. Link to Post #42
    France Avalon Member
    Thanks

Hello in reply to your question;; Buddha said your eyebrows are close yet you cannot see them ;; when your EYE is open God is even closer; right hemisphere thinking Pineal gland open; you are God ; god is within you; read SEPHIR YETZIRAH. God is light photon; tetragrammaton; GOD is you the I am; if all that I have read is not false then meditate and then ask HER WHY

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dean starmer For This Post:

Denise/Dizi (3rd September 2019), greybeard (1st September 2019), Mark (Star Mariner) (1st September 2019), Peter UK (1st September 2019)

5. Link to Post #43
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,599 times in 5,379 posts

I wish it weren't so but I have lived my life with god in my awareness almost constantly. God is what I think of when I go to sleep, god is the first thing I think of when I wake.

I was taught to be a Catholic. I hated it. At 14 I was allowed to choose whether to go to church or not. I chose not.

But god never left my mind. And I longed for god with all my heart. I believed in god, I would have and did do anything for god.

I searched for god in other religions but once the spell is shattered, not much chance another spell can dupe you again. I found that to be true about me at least.

So I learned to be spiritual - a word with no meaning for Catholics.

But my anthropomorphized notions of god endured and so I could never understand the true motivation of god.

I learned to meditate and do yoga. I got the big blue book and joined the club. But I found the other members were there to socialize and to find mates. And I found that others had far bigger problems than mine. So for a while I put my own concerns aside and learned to minister. It was all I could do anyway because those with bigger problems controlled the narrative - there was not enough time for me...

After a time even ministering became unfulfilling - an unhealed healer can only do so much good.

What I noticed was that it did not matter how much good I did, I was not rewarded as I thought I would be. I needed help but I did not need it as bad as others - so I waited because I had faith in my god. God would get to me in due time.

But god did not get back to me. Instead god decided I needed to do more and more and more! And soon I realized god would never be satisfied with me. I would never get my just desserts.

So I decided to give it one more chance. I decided to do the workbook of the ACIM course for the third time. I started that thread that made me so embarrassed that it took everything I had just to log in every day and answer the posts. But I did it only to be made fun of by some and ignored by almost all.

That was the final straw for me. I will never strive for god again. He made me see that I am not worthy. And if I am not worthy, what else can I do? I gave everything. It wasn't enough...

But god cannot make me evil. I will continue without god. Doing the work but not in god's name.

I know the One True God exists. That god is not like humans. That god is shut from our minds. I reject the god that has my ear - that one is false.
    Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water...Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. Bruce Lee

Free will can only be as free as the mind that conceives it.

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

Denise/Dizi (3rd September 2019), Mark (Star Mariner) (1st September 2019), NancyV (3rd September 2019), Pieman (2nd September 2019), rgray222 (1st September 2019), Rich (1st September 2019), Words of Joy (2nd September 2019)

7. Link to Post #44
    Administrator Mark (Star Mariner)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,492 times in 4,308 posts

Quote Posted by Ernie Nemeth (here)
    I know the One True God exists. That god is not like humans. That god is shut from our minds. I reject the god that has my ear - that one is false.
    I would say Ernie your pursuit for the truth of God succeeded. That God, the one you were taught about, is a figment. It does not exist.

But the One True God does, as you say. And it is indeed shut from our minds, because it is too small. But it is not shut from our hearts, its size is infinite.
    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
    ~ Jimi Hendrix

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mark (Star Mariner) For This Post:

Denise/Dizi (3rd September 2019), Ernie Nemeth (3rd September 2019), greybeard (1st September 2019), NancyV (3rd September 2019), Wind (3rd September 2019), Words of Joy (2nd September 2019)

9. Link to Post #45
    Language
    English
    Thanks

If I Am GOD, Why Should I Pray? | Swami Sarvapriyananda

This was something that I did not have an answer to till I watched this video.
    Chris

10. Link to Post #46
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,517 times in 32,788 posts

I'd ask:

Okay then, so who was that bad-ass Old Testament imposter?

11. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Denise/Dizi (3rd September 2019), East Sun (2nd September 2019), Ernie Nemeth (3rd September 2019), greybeard (2nd September 2019), James (2nd September 2019), O Donna (2nd September 2019), Ron Mauer Sr (2nd September 2019), Wind (3rd September 2019), Words of Joy (2nd September 2019), Yoda (2nd September 2019)

12. Link to Post #47
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,477 times in 289 posts

He made me see that I am not worthy. And if I am not worthy, what else can I do? I gave everything. It wasn't enough...

But god cannot make me evil. I will continue without god. Doing the work but not in god's name.I know the One True God exists. That god is not like humans. That god is shut from our minds. I reject the god that has my ear - that one is false.
    He doesn't have to be shut from our mind. It is about personal choices. What many people (not saying you're one of them, Ernie) will not accept is that He sent Jesus. If a person rejects Jesus, that person rejects the Most High. There is a reason why the bible says "Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." God made a plan that includes Jesus. It's His divine plan, that changed the way things work regarding enlightenment. The bible was written through guidance of the holy Spirit. Yes bible has been messed with, but one who sees can unlock what is still there! It still is the book of salvation of death.

Allow me to provide pieces of the way to God.

A person needs to see that humans, of nature, and within are not confirming to the rules set by God, which is are of a high loving standard. Jesus' closest disciple John wrote:"If we claim we have not sinned, we make Him out to be a liar and his word is not in us."
    If people don't recognize they don't align with Gods rule set, they will not allow themselves to ask for (supernatural) help. This is a problem, because one rule is, if one doesn't keep Gods rule set, then only one misstep will have death as a result. Direct death? No, just death at the end of earthly life, followed by reincarnation. Spiritual life will only be, and direct contact with God will only be, when a person lives within the rule set of God. All things people do outside the rule set fill a spiritual cup that God holds. Once filled, after a couple of thousand years, the wrath will follow in the form of global disaster, where those good with God are certain to live.

If a person does see he/she falls short, e.g. because they understand they never read the bible and don't understand it's full implications, then they can ask for help. If one wants to be in connection with God, they need to make themselves clean to God from their past. God is pure at such a high level, that without spiritual cleansing, He will not communicate. This is where Jesus comes in. Before Jesus, if one sinned, he would die. Later God changed His rules, to allow the death of a perfect (one year old) lamb or goat, as a substitute. What is hard for many people to understand, is that God, in His masterplan used this rule to outsmart the rulers of the earth (under the Babylonian King in the second heaven aka Satan). He made Jesus such a nuisance for the rulers on earth, that they wanted to kill him. But Jesus was clean in the eyes of God. Jesus lived within the rule set. So what happened? They killed a person that lived within Gods rules. God flowed the full content of his spiritual cup of sins and had Jesus suffer the consequence of it. Though because Jesus was pure in the eyes of God, God approved that Jesus had suffered for everyone for eternity. That makes that we can accept Jesus as our Lord. That is an essential spiritual cleansing part, that will make one clean for God and open for communication.

Other part is, you have to believe Jesus was raised on the third day, and lives forever. This is where the holy Spirit of God came in on the third day and supernaturally brought life back into Jesus. And with life I mean not the earthly, but the spiritual life. The higher level of life. Where he's able to (de)materialize at will and travel universes etc.. Apostle Paul wrote to the Romans: "If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved. As Scripture says, “Anyone who believes in him will never be put to shame.”"

Though also the intention of the person needs to be correct. He/she needs to turn away from whatever is not according to Gods good will. Jesus said:"But unless you repent, you too will all perish.". One needs to be willing to change their course of life and be sincere about that. Ask for forgiveness for all bad things done, be forgiving to all those that treated bad/hurted. A baptism is traditionally used for this and to let go of the old and start with the new.

The one other part is to invite the holy Spirit of God to help in the persons life to live according to the rule set of God. This is where a sacred offer is done. One can place his life in the hands of God ad ask God to do with life as He seems fit. This is done understanding that God knows person better than that person knows him-/herself, and will choose a better path than the person would do by himself. This is an act out of love for others also. Then when this is asked, the person can invite the holy Spirit in his/her life and heart, to guide and protect. Once the holy Spirit has entered is when the spiritual rebirth is completed. This rebirth is referred to by Jesus when he said: " “Very truly I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and the Spirit.""

These are the steps I have read and personally experienced to make one clean from Gods perspective, opens up experienced interaction with God and suits one up for the elevated spiritual life that surpasses death and will keep one's consciousness.

[edit: fixed couple of typos]
    Last edited by Words of Joy; 2nd September 2019 at 12:50.

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Words of Joy For This Post:

Ernie Nemeth (3rd September 2019), greybeard (2nd September 2019), Mark (Star Mariner) (2nd September 2019), NancyV (3rd September 2019)

14. Link to Post #48
    Language
    English
    Thanks

AA believes that a Power Greater than one self can restore you to sanity.
    Millions of recovering alcoholics --myself included can testify that this works.
    There must be enough humility to ask for this help and surrender to the will of Higher Power is essential
    The will of "God" being what is in the present moment.

I dont believe that there is a God separate from me.
    However there is supreme consciousness which I express gratitude to.
    We live in a world of impermanence --only consciousness is permanent and without change--eternal--without beginning and end.
    So If I meet God its to express gratitude.
    Chris

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

East Sun (2nd September 2019), Mark (Star Mariner) (2nd September 2019), NancyV (3rd September 2019)

16. Link to Post #49
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by greybeard (here)
    We live in a world of impermanence --only consciousness is permanent and without change--eternal--without beginning and end.
    Hey Chris, near all what you say I agree with, but not consciousness without change. The very purpose of existence, for me, is to improve, enlarge, extend, and evolve the consciousness.
    ~ Jimi Hendrix

17. Link to Post #50
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,599 times in 5,379 posts

Is consciousness a process?

Because if it is, and if god is consciousness, then god is also changing...why all the ineffable silence in meditation, then? It should resound with the echoes of constant confusion...much like the constant humming in the mind of man.
    Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water...Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. Bruce Lee

Free will can only be as free as the mind that conceives it.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

Denise/Dizi (3rd September 2019), greybeard (2nd September 2019)

19. Link to Post #51
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Star Mariner (here)
    Quote Posted by greybeard (here)
    Hey Chris, near all what you say I agree with, but not consciousness without change. The very purpose of existence, for me, is to improve, enlarge, extend, and evolve the consciousness.
    Consciousness is aware of change but eternal.
    That which is eternal is without change.
    Everything else changes but that which witnesses does not.
    You can test it for yourself.
    You can watch all manner of things but do you feel changed.
    Yes the perception the opinion changes but that which looks through the eyes is constant awareness.
    Loads of videos of the enlightened teachers say the same thing or have a look at the first post here.

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...l=1#post456904

Regards Chris

u

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Denise/Dizi (3rd September 2019), Mark (Star Mariner) (2nd September 2019), NancyV (3rd September 2019), O Donna (2nd September 2019)

21. Link to Post #52
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Thanks Chris. I understand it, the philosophy of these teachings, I really do, but personally I just come from a different school of thought. Respect though
    ~ Jimi Hendrix

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mark (Star Mariner) For This Post:

Denise/Dizi (3rd September 2019), greybeard (3rd September 2019)

23. Link to Post #53
    United States Honored, Retired Member. Ron passed in October 2022.
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,257 times in 2,136 posts

We all are extensions of Source energy on Prime Creator's eternal journey of creation and self discovery, I suspect.

If my suspicion is accurate, we have had our meeting with God. What remains is to remove the illusion of separation.

I would ask "Why did I come here? What is the purpose of my life?"

I intuit the answer:
    For the thrill of the ride.
    Learn how to navigate the illusion and create joy.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Ships.png
Views:	26
Size:	379.3 KB
ID:	41502
    Last edited by Ron Mauer Sr; 2nd September 2019 at 20:20.

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ron Mauer Sr For This Post:

Denise/Dizi (3rd September 2019), East Sun (2nd September 2019), Ernie Nemeth (3rd September 2019), greybeard (3rd September 2019), NancyV (3rd September 2019)

25. Link to Post #54
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,484 times in 1,711 posts

Question Re: What would you do ? If you get the chance for meeting God ?

Ernie,
    if God as you believe god to be is not changing then we are not changing and that would not make sense.
    We can't not change, as I believe we are always in a state of flux if you will.

Sorry if I got that wrong.

If there is a god which is unknowable as I believe, we must be constantly changing, evolving to a point where
    we will eventually come to something that is also unknowable and that's where we meet god,,,,,,,,,,,,,the unknowable god, maybe...………..
    Last edited by East Sun; 2nd September 2019 at 23:36.
    Question Everything, always speak truth... Make the best of today, for there may not be a tomorrow!!! But, that's OK because tomorrow never comes, so we have nothing to worry about!!!

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to East Sun For This Post:

Denise/Dizi (3rd September 2019), Ernie Nemeth (3rd September 2019), greybeard (3rd September 2019)

27. Link to Post #55
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,477 times in 289 posts

Is consciousness a process?

Because if it is, and if god is consciousness, then god is also changing...
    I've asked whether God's is now as He was since the beginning and will always be the same (As a lot of Christians say). He confirmed to me He's growing like our spirits are growing through the cycles of time. There's no maximum potential. God is able to see all future. It's our experience, our response in our hearts that for Him is one of the things that makes it worth for Him.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Words of Joy For This Post:

Ernie Nemeth (3rd September 2019)

29. Link to Post #56
    United States Avalon Member Strat's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,307 times in 1,825 posts

I don't mean to sound cryptic, and I hate to steal someone else's quote, but “ten thousand things all in this breath grasping hold of emptiness, there's really nothing to say.” I'd remain quiet.
    Today is victory over yourself of yesterday. Tomorrow is your victory over lesser men.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Strat For This Post:

Ernie Nemeth (3rd September 2019), greybeard (3rd September 2019)

31. Link to Post #57
    Language
    English
    Thanks

We are just passing" time" talking about "nothing" --smiling
    Chris

32. The Following User Says Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Ernie Nemeth (3rd September 2019)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 3