+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What would you do ? If you get the chance for meeting God ?

1. Link to Post #21
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,458 times in 287 posts

Default Re: What would you do ? If you get the chance for meeting God ?

My question would probably be as usual:"What's the next thing for me that fits your plan?" And then I'd start suggesting activities until he confirms something or act if He gives me direct inspiration.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Words of Joy For This Post:

Denise/Dizi (3rd September 2019), johnf (30th August 2019), NancyV (29th August 2019), petra (29th August 2019)

3. Link to Post #22
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,967 times in 1,360 posts

Quote Posted by Iyakum (here)
    I only speak for myself now and what I would do if I met God. I would not be afraid of him, I would certainly ask questions if he bugs me. But what I would really do is tell God that the time is here that he makes an exit. I would tell him to leave his throne and free the place. It's about time someone else gets the chance to play God.
    Oh my goodness!!! "If he bugs me", ha ha ha. I can relate - I don't want to ask God anything either, I just want to tell God things, but the (answer?) I get is always "I KNOW" - it's both amusing and irritating.

The chance to "play God"??? That actually happened to me. It all started when I changed "what would Jesus do" to "what would God do", and somehow that started me down a rabbit hole. What did I learn from it all? I learned that I definitely definitely do not want to be God. Not even pretend God - too much responsibility!!

I remember thinking that God owes ME an apology (and not the other way around), and I still kind of feel that way, just not quite as strongly. Obviously I'm not ready to meet God quite yet ;-)

Quote Posted by amor (here)
    Nevertheless, I often say to myself, "If and when I meet God again, I am going to give him a good piece of my mind about this seemingly horrible world we are forced to exist in. I am quite certain that he already knows my thoughts on the matter.
    This mirrors my thoughts exactly...

I'll never forget yelling "FIX IT" toward God, in my head, and I swear something laughed back at me. "Who said fix it?!? Ha ha ha"
    Last edited by petra; 29th August 2019 at 18:45.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to petra For This Post:

Denise/Dizi (3rd September 2019), Iyakum (31st August 2019), johnf (30th August 2019), NancyV (29th August 2019), Sadieblue (30th August 2019)

5. Link to Post #23
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,951 times in 1,028 posts

How can you relate to the unknowable? We try of course, and should and get answers of a kind maybe not to our satisfaction.
    People believe all sorts of things depending on their taught/conditioned beliefs and that's OK. for them,

That may not be acceptable to thinkers who search relentlessly their whole lives. (I put myself into that category)
    There is no definitive answer. There can not be with so many concepts and no definite direction from any "god."

That's how I see it...…...
    Question Everything, twice or maybe trice..........

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to East Sun For This Post:

Denise/Dizi (3rd September 2019), Iyakum (31st August 2019), johnf (30th August 2019), NancyV (30th August 2019)

7. Link to Post #24
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,706 times in 3,292 posts

If I haven't been able to get a straight answer for myself from any source, I doubt I would understand a god's answers anyway. It must be beyond my understanding because all I see is that I could do a far better job than god - and that can't be right, right?

Like a few others, I have a lot I want to say to god, and not much of it is good.

No, I have nothing I want to ask of god. God doesn't do a lot of answering anyway, in my experience at least.

Seems to expect a lot, though. That's a bit ironic, don't you think?

Nah, no thanks to talking to god, I'll pass...I'll be along soon enough in any case.
    Forget about it

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

Denise/Dizi (3rd September 2019), Iyakum (31st August 2019), johnf (30th August 2019), NancyV (30th August 2019)

9. Link to Post #25
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,365 times in 1,549 posts

Why do people persist in thinking God is a person, a being, an individual? Like some giant ghostly head with a long white beard living in the sky? And why do they think that 'he' is somehow responsible or answerable for what happens on earth, or in their life?

Honest questions asked with respect.
    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
    ~ Jimi Hendrix

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Star Mariner For This Post:

Denise/Dizi (3rd September 2019), Iyakum (31st August 2019), johnf (30th August 2019), NancyV (30th August 2019), Peter UK (31st August 2019), pyrangello (30th August 2019)

11. Link to Post #26
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,478 times in 8,500 posts

Quote Posted by Star Mariner (here)
    Why do people persist in thinking God is a person, a being, an individual? Like some giant ghostly head with a long white beard living in the sky? And why do they think that 'he' is somehow responsible or answerable for what happens on earth, or in their life?

Honest questions asked with respect.
    Total agreement Star Mariner.
    People want to hang on to the "other" for many personal reasons.

"No self, no problem"---the self being the ego--the story of the me.

Once started on the seeking path it gets narrower and narrower--so many beliefs- concepts that I had fell away.
    Takes time studying the words of the various enlightened "pointers" but they all say the same thing, only consciousness.
    "That thou art" " God" the energy is everywhere without exception including within your body--eventually that falls away revealing the eternal Self.
    Formless (spirit)becomes form (matter) becomes formless.

Jesus Christ said it " The father within--heaven is within--of myself (me)I do nothing it is the Father within.

Chris
    Last edited by greybeard; 30th August 2019 at 17:49.
    A charity to help African Children become self sufficient. :attention:

http://www.learningtoolsforselfdevelopment.co.uk/

Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

amor (31st August 2019), Denise/Dizi (3rd September 2019), johnf (30th August 2019), NancyV (30th August 2019), pyrangello (30th August 2019), Star Mariner (30th August 2019), Wind (31st August 2019)

13. Link to Post #27
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,463 times in 907 posts

I would ask him "Why did you invent shovels to dig holes?Why did you invent paint to spray? and why did you create an occupation of an attorney who does nothing but misdirect for their own personal gain and create chaos around the world ? We could really do without all 3 of these and make the world a better place.

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to pyrangello For This Post:

Denise/Dizi (3rd September 2019), greybeard (30th August 2019), Iyakum (31st August 2019), johnf (30th August 2019), NancyV (30th August 2019), Star Mariner (30th August 2019)

15. Link to Post #28
    Thanks

Quote Posted by pyrangello (here)
    I would ask him "Why did you invent shovels to dig holes?Why did you invent paint to spray? and why did you create an occupation of an attorney who does nothing but misdirect for their own personal gain and create chaos around the world ? We could really do without all 3 of these and make the world a better place.
    A joke I assume But you make a good point, one worth taking seriously, because sometimes people blame God for literally everything that's wrong with the world.

God created the universe and earth, let's say. And God created Man to live on earth. Man was special, for he was given the power of creation, and the gift of free will to create. Not to improve upon Creation, because that was already perfect, but to improve upon himself/herself, because Man was imperfect.

The woeful conditions we now see on earth all sprang from the hands of Man. He made politics, religion, fast-food, traffic jams, and all those parasitic attorneys. He made that bridge, with flawed iron-work, that collapsed and killed all those people. Etc.

It was Man who made the corruption in this once perfect environment. He laid the tainted soil, ripe for disease to spread. He paved the way, stone by careful stone, into this dystopian country we presently call our shared reality. A place where manipulation, exploitation, and deception prevails. Man created that. He raised the altars too, upon which probity and kindness and love was bled, only for tyrants to rise in their place. Man is responsible for all the war, violence, and depravity in the world. They are all his works, not God's. Though God always seems to get the blame.

Some may say, "God has the power to change things, or stop bad things from happening.." I ask, Does he? If he could (or would) do that, then would not the journey of Man be pointless?

Man's failures are not failures per se, no more than a 4 year old child acting up, making poor decisions, and giving wholly to emotion and the moment and to the base desires, urges, that drive him, are failures. These are but states and stages, hurdles and tests. They are educational curves. Eventually the child will learn, mature, and grow up. That is also the plan (or at least hope) for Humanity.
    ~ Jimi Hendrix

16. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Star Mariner For This Post:

amor (31st August 2019), Denise/Dizi (3rd September 2019), greybeard (30th August 2019), Iyakum (31st August 2019), johnf (30th August 2019), NancyV (30th August 2019), Sadieblue (31st August 2019), Wind (31st August 2019)

17. Link to Post #29
    Thanks

Man is not perfect but the in-dweller --the spirit is.
    Much of the problem comes from trying to improve self circumstance.
    The ego loves to be the biggest the best--to belong to the most powerful gang the best football team.
    Anything to be different from the common crowd---to be special.
    Self esteem is different --its earned.
    So at one level there is amazing potential for good or evil.
    Ultimately we were made in Gods image--that is formless--perfection.
    God being energy is formless.
    The human mind can change formless into form of its own belief structure.
    God has been seen in many forms.
    Many questions asked.
    If you are really in touch with the Divine I suspect questions are redundant--there is an awe-- a silence.
    The peace that passes all understanding.
    Even bliss.

Chris

18. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

amor (31st August 2019), Denise/Dizi (3rd September 2019), johnf (30th August 2019), NancyV (30th August 2019), Sadieblue (31st August 2019), Sammy (31st August 2019), Star Mariner (30th August 2019), Wind (31st August 2019)

19. Link to Post #30
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,810 times in 1,113 posts

Dear Greybeard: I do very much respect your soul knowledge and years of study. Thank you for helping us out of our fog ever so often.

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to amor For This Post:

Denise/Dizi (3rd September 2019), greybeard (31st August 2019), Sammy (31st August 2019), Star Mariner (31st August 2019), Wind (31st August 2019)

21. Link to Post #31
    Thanks

How about this scenario?

A long time ago creatures, very far advanced beings came to this Earth and used DNA, from existing animals
    like apes and some of their own DNA to create what became known as humans for a purpose, possibly to mine
    gold. We could be the descendants of those created beings.

Sounds familiar, does it not?

And they have been coming here or others like them but not revealing themselves to us for whatever reasons.

That's another story for another time.

Maybe that's why our prayers are not answered and Shakespeare said we not
    'trouble deaf heaven with our bootles cries'
    Last edited by East Sun; 31st August 2019 at 01:16.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to East Sun For This Post:

Denise/Dizi (3rd September 2019), greybeard (31st August 2019), Iyakum (31st August 2019)

23. Link to Post #32
    United States Avalon Guide: Here to help

Thanks
    Thanked 15,018 times in 1,854 posts

Ask:

"Is there anything important that remains unfinished for me in this lifetime? What is it?"

"If I can establish clear communication with you and soul, what is the best method for me to use?"

"Does my soul see me as a source of entertainment?"

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ron Mauer Sr For This Post:

Denise/Dizi (3rd September 2019), Peter UK (31st August 2019)

25. Link to Post #33
    Thanks

Quote Posted by East Sun (here)
    How about this scenario?

A long time ago creatures, very far advanced beings came to this Earth and used DNA, from existing animals
    like apes and some of their own DNA to create what became known as humans for a purpose, possibly to mine
    gold. We could be the descendants of those created beings.

Sounds familiar, does it not?

And they have been coming here or others like them but not revealing themselves to us for whatever reasons.

That's another story for another time.

Maybe that's why our prayers are not answered and Shakespeare said we not
    'trouble deaf heaven with our bootles cries'
    This may be of interest about our first appearance here and alien DNA in our genes.
    Chris

http://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...=1#post1312135

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Denise/Dizi (3rd September 2019), East Sun (31st August 2019), Peter UK (31st August 2019), Wind (31st August 2019)

27. Link to Post #34
    Thanks

I know I repeat myself but.
    The most important question is the oldest one according to spiritual text.
    "Who am I?"
    That is beyond name and form.
    Once the true identity is found then there are no more questions.
    Spirit is here in human form having an adventure an experience.
    Like being at the movies --one can get drawn into the emotions of the story as thought it was real.
    The subconscious cant tell the difference between fact and fiction.
    This is why a dream is so real at the time--then we wake up--self is only temporalily touched by the film the dream--spirit being the same as God is not.

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Denise/Dizi (3rd September 2019), East Sun (31st August 2019), Wind (31st August 2019)

29. Link to Post #35
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,706 times in 3,292 posts

Dear East Sun.

All you say is anecdotal, experience paints an entirely different picture. We are told of god, and its attributes. But god is unseen and unknown. Yes man is a barbarian pretending to be civilized because it serves the most powerful of us and their vested interests.

Yet that is how god intended it, is it not? So it is no ones fault, man was created to be a barbarian. And since this does not sit well, we are told that we will grow out of it.

We are told many things, many if not all are untrue, purposefully. So in this confusing state, we are told to look within. We are told the answers are there, deep inside us, just waiting to be accessed by sincere seekers. So we seek. And we do find.

But what we find does not make living in this world any easier, in fact it makes it harder because it becomes quite clear that this reality could be entirely different if there were more seekers of good intent. And so we are forced to live in a world we know could be so much better.

I reject everything I have ever been taught about god. God is not the being I thought. Instead, god is a hands-off type of character, who cannot interfere, or chooses not to, and cares not a whit for any individual creation. God may care about reality but god does not care for me directly.

Only my potential for true god-like reactions moderates that stance. I am the god I have been looking for, and I don't like what I have found...
    Forget about it

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

Denise/Dizi (3rd September 2019), East Sun (2nd September 2019), greybeard (31st August 2019), Star Mariner (31st August 2019)

31. Link to Post #36
    Avalon Guide: Here to help

Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,780 times in 263 posts

Quote Posted by Star Mariner (here)
    Why do people persist in thinking God is a person, a being, an individual?
    Anthropomorphisation is the human default comfort zone.

Last edited by Peter UK; 31st August 2019 at 18:17.

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Peter UK For This Post:

Denise/Dizi (3rd September 2019), greybeard (31st August 2019), Star Mariner (31st August 2019)

33. Link to Post #37
    Thanks

Thank you Greybeard,

I'm a long time fan of Edgar Cayce, a very exceptional person.

E. S.

34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to East Sun For This Post:

Denise/Dizi (3rd September 2019), greybeard (1st September 2019), Peter UK (31st August 2019), Star Mariner (31st August 2019)

35. Link to Post #38
    Thanks

Ernie,

As is yours.

I told you mine was just one scenario.
    Last edited by East Sun; 31st August 2019 at 20:19.

36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to East Sun For This Post:

Denise/Dizi (3rd September 2019), Ernie Nemeth (1st September 2019), greybeard (1st September 2019)

37. Link to Post #39
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Ernie Nemeth (here)
    I reject everything I have ever been taught about god. God is not the being I thought. Instead, god is a hands-off type of character, who cannot interfere, or chooses not to, and cares not a whit for any individual creation. God may care about reality but god does not care for me directly.
    Sorry to hear that Ernie. I wish I knew what to say to bring you some hope and comfort.

You are 100% correct in saying God is not the being you've been taught to believe in. I suspect what you've been taught is that God takes an interest in us independently, exclusively, but only by preferential favour if you somehow revere him enough... But we are all a part of God, of the same homogenous whole. We are all, already and forever, in God's presence all the time, like every fish in the ocean is in the presence of water all the time - and not individually, but together, constantly and simultaneously. That truth has been grossly misunderstood, or just misconceived, perhaps deliberately so by the churches, who latched onto this meaning and made it "their truth", and "the way". But it's a lie. For centuries they made people spend their entire lives trying to serve, impress, and indeed fear, God - for mercy, for salvation, and for special consideration (for blessings). They fight, barter, and entreaty with Him, for their souls. And that's garbage.

You say God is hands off, but that's not actually true. He is very much hands on. There is an entire panoply of beings that fill the spiritual realms. They act as the conduit between 'Source' upon high and us upon low. Healers, helpers, intermediaries, guides. It is they who are watching, and listening, and assisting wherever they can. They have walked where we have walked, having lived many lives. They know our pain. There are angelic levels too, beings of pure love who have never incarnated.

As for God stepping in, of 'intervention' so say. In a round about sort of way, that's possibe. Because there are certain rules, laws, for what can and cannot be done. It depends on one's spiritual awareness and knowledge as to whether one believes it or not, but from what awareness and knowledge I have, I can say one capital example of God being hands on was the incarnation of the various spiritual messengers 'He' sent, like Jesus, or Buddha, or Krishna, or Muhammed. They came to spread the truth of 'Him', of 'Us', and of 'You'. All those stories and teachings are written, are known, and are available to all. Yes, each and every one of those recorded teachings are tainted by Man, who rewrote many things in his own hand to better bend the thought and will of the sheeple for the purposes of control. But it's not hard, once you have the awareness, to read between the lines – the truth is there, it's all there. For me personally those truths are epitomized by the words of Jesus in the NT.

I can tell you another hands on example, for what it's worth – a law laid down upon us that we cannot break. A limitation to 'evil' if you will. We, humankind, cannot destroy the earth. I've read and heard that over and over, from the many spirit readings and demonstrations I've been party to, and my own soul-meditations. Certain ETs have even said the same. This is why there was never a nuclear war, and never shall be. They, the dark ones, can try, (and they probably did) but they failed, and will every time. We are not allowed to degrade the environment, world-wide, to such a degree that the earth becomes uninhabitable. It's older than us, more important than us, and we ourselves did not create it. Therefore we cannot uncreate it. You can take that or leave it, but it's what I believe.

What is it Ernie about the God within that you do not like?

The God-source does certainly care for you, and loves you, deeply, that by virtue you exist at all. Whatever difficulties, injustices or traumas you've faced and endured, I do heartily empathise. Life is all about trial, challenge, and ultimately growth. Consider the purpose, the reasons behind these trials. They exist, even if we can't understand what they are.
    ~ Jimi Hendrix

38. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Star Mariner For This Post:

Denise/Dizi (3rd September 2019), Ernie Nemeth (1st September 2019), greybeard (1st September 2019), Wind (1st September 2019)

39. Link to Post #40
    Thanks

What makes religious people think that they know it all? That's what I'd like to know.
    They don't.

It's an open clear space where anything is possible, Keep an open mind with no restrictions of
    any kind.

Maybe then we may get a new perspective that is clearer than anything that has gone before and possibly and probably more advanced. Give it a try and see what you come up with...………...
    Last edited by East Sun; 1st September 2019 at 00:28.

40. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to East Sun For This Post:

Denise/Dizi (3rd September 2019), Ernie Nemeth (1st September 2019), greybeard (1st September 2019)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast