+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 4 9 LastLast

Thread: Free Your Mind

1. Link to Post #61
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,850 times in 339 posts

Default Re: Free Your Mind

Quote Posted by truthseekerdan (here)
    Enlightening thread Illuminate, thank you.

When we see the world, what we are seeing is the inside of our mind. When we experience the idea of how things really are we actually perceive a condensed version of reality that fits our idea of truth, not the truth itself. Truth is that which does not contaminate or harm us, but empowers us. Truth is what we are now in the present moment, without the least trace of the last moment or any expectation of the next moment.

~ Dan

P.S. Thought that I should embed your video here...

Source: Watch on Vimeo

This needs to go in my :Show me Something Beautiful thread. Its brilliant.
    “Someday after mastering winds, waves, tides and gravity, we shall harness the energies of love. And then, for the second time in the history of the world, man will discover fire.”
    ~Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hiram For This Post:

rhythm (21st January 2011), Shane_Original (14th January 2011), truthseekerdan (14th January 2011)

3. Link to Post #62
    Canada Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,618 times in 479 posts

For the mountains, the forests, the seas and the sky.
    for the snake, the ape, the fish and the bird
    the Universe is beautiful, loving and thoughtful.
    omnipresent, omnipotent, omniscient.

Thanks for this wonderful thread Illuminates,
    Here is a song for you.

We can do more than only living our lives, we can create them.

Namaste, Steven
    Last edited by Steven; 14th January 2011 at 02:02.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Steven For This Post:

IronicDestiny (11th February 2011), Maria Stade (20th February 2011), Shane_Original (14th January 2011), truthseekerdan (15th January 2011)

5. Link to Post #63
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,963 times in 3,187 posts

Quote Posted by Kulapops (here)

Do threads about contollers and aliens really unite ? Do they make you feel good to be alive ? Do they make us go, uhuh! Of course ! doh !

No, but love does. Well it does for me anyway... and for plenty others at Avalove. So much goodwill, so many beautfiul individuals here. But the message is so short, it can't fill a forum: Love yourself, love each other.

Fear on the other hand wastes no time with filling the forum with pages of scenarios... it's counterpart, Knowledge also wastes no time in feeding Fear.

Give to Caesar what is Caesar's. But love belongs to us.K

Hi all, and great idea for a thread Illuminate! After reading through the thread, somethinng was bothering me, and not to single you out Kulapops, your's just seemed to sum it up.

I'm all with Illuminate's elequently expressed thoughts, but what comes to mind with further reading is Jesus saying "be in the world, but not of it". A lot of what me sees here seems to indicate that we should do neither. Just my opinion of course, but if Jesus did indeed exist, he had a tremendous amount of knowledge, and it would not have been meerly divinely inspired. Hell, even Morpheus and Neo so much mentioned were deeply involved in their dilemma, as did Jesus eventually become, shall we say, impatient with the money changers at the temple.

Can't we be love and light and all that, and still be curious and investigative in the reality we find ourselves? That's why I was anxious and honored to be included in this forum. After seeing so many of Bill and Kerry's interviews, I wanted to interact with others who had been exposed to the same ideas. Bill is a truth seeker, and that is what this forum is about. I really don't see it as being fear based in the least, more similar to childlike curiousity combined with spirit and intellect.

O.K., didn't mean to crash the party here folks. Don't mind me, but I love you guys!

Cheers,
    Fred S.

6. Link to Post #64
    illuminate

Thanks guys for all the love

Quote Posted by Fred S. (here)
    Can't we be love and light and all that, and still be curious and investigative in the reality we find ourselves?
    I should certainly hope so!!!

Hello Fred, great to see you
    In starting this thread, it was my wish to remind anyone who cares, that we can
    do/be anything we want AND be autonomous at the same time.

All I have ever known is to BE THE LOVE and I wouldn't have it any other way.
    We can be the love AND be the change without being slaves.
    I refuse to be a battery. And maybe others do too?

It's just a choice... I certainly don't see any right or wrong way, just different
    choices. I choose to be free.

With Love!

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to illuminate For This Post:

Fred Steeves (14th January 2011), Maria Stade (20th February 2011), rhythm (21st January 2011), Shane_Original (14th January 2011), slipknotted (15th January 2011)

8. Link to Post #65
    Thanks

Enlightening thread Illuminate, thank you.

When we see the world, what we are seeing is the inside of our mind. When we experience the idea of how things really are we actually perceive a condensed version of reality that fits our idea of truth, not the truth itself. Truth is that which does not contaminate or harm us, but empowers us. Truth is what we are now in the present moment, without the least trace of the last moment or any expectation of the next moment.

~ Dan

P.S. Thought that I should embed your video here...

Source: Watch on Vimeo

That was absolutly wonderful, thank you!

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to elysian For This Post:

truthseekerdan (14th January 2011)

10. Link to Post #66
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,616 times in 1,305 posts

In order to see beyond our traditional rational mind, we need to stimulate our senses with inspired inner forces that are able to help us transcend our existing comfort zone into the unknown strata of our most vulnerable self.

Our future is the basis of our freedom and our freedom is the basis upon which we will build our future. Only those who have freedom will have a future and only those with freedom have a choice to accept or change the circumstances that surround their life.

The world we live in is not the world we know. There is another world hidden behind the reality of the world we manifest within our consciousness. If we penetrate one, we must penetrate both in order to find meaning and balance. And if we have found meaning and balance in our lives, we have found unconditional love.

Unity Consciousness
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Free your mind, and open your heart to LOVE.
    You'll then become enlightened able to just BE.

11. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to truthseekerdan For This Post:

greybeard (14th January 2011), Kulapops (15th January 2011), rhythm (21st January 2011), Shane_Original (15th January 2011), steven69 (7th February 2011)

12. Link to Post #67
    Canada Deactivated
    Thanks

A reminder... That no one ever gets there alone. Yet it's always worth the trip.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Nature nurture heaven and home. Sum of all and by them driven, to conquer every mountain shown.. But I've never crossed the river.

Brave the forest, brave the stone, brave the icy winds and fire. Braved and beat them on my own, yet I'm helpless by the river.

Angel, angel what have I done? I face the quakes, the wind, the fire. I've conquered country,crown, and throne. Why can't I cross this river?

Pay no mind to the battles you've won.. It'll take a lot more than rage and muscle. Open your heart and hands my son or you'll never make it over the river.

It'll take a lot more than words and guns. A whole lot more than riches and muscle. The hands of many must join as one, and together we'll cross the river!

With love.

Hello Earth.. Can I keep you?

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Shane_Original For This Post:

Celine (15th January 2011), slipknotted (15th January 2011), steven69 (7th February 2011)

14. Link to Post #68
    Canada Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,251 times in 962 posts

GrandMa's Got it going on!

yes , i am a proud grandma!

note to self, get Tristan a cell phone.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Celine For This Post:

Shane_Original (15th January 2011), steven69 (7th February 2011)

16. Link to Post #69
    Thanks

this is so grand i've read it many times over thanks girlfriend !
    Chris....... Free your mind

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to slipknotted For This Post:

Shane_Original (15th January 2011)

18. Link to Post #70
    Thanks

In order to see beyond our traditional rational mind, we need to stimulate our senses with inspired inner forces that are able to help us transcend our existing comfort zone into the unknown strata of our most vulnerable self.

Our future is the basis of our freedom and our freedom is the basis upon which we will build our future. Only those who have freedom will have a future and only those with freedom have a choice to accept or change the circumstances that surround their life.

The world we live in is not the world we know. There is another world hidden behind the reality of the world we manifest within our consciousness. If we penetrate one, we must penetrate both in order to find meaning and balance. And if we have found meaning and balance in our lives, we have found unconditional love.

Thanks Dan...love this song

and to Fred... yes, I agree each must have their own way and truth, as long as it's not hurting others. I know Ican rant with the best of them... I am exasperated to see what Avalon has become two years plus after its auspicious start, but that doesn't mean it's a bad place for others...it just doesn't do what it said on the tin (ground crews, forming real communities) and yes, a thread like Illuminate's is a breath of fresh air to me because, I think that's an attitude that is rare...and my point is proven if you look at one hundred threads here and see how many times that theme (love others love yourself) crops up.

This is not solely Avalon's problem, but is a world problem and sadly is as prevalent today as it was in Jesus' time. The great shame, that gets me ranting, is that a forum like Avalon, you would expect a slightly more 'enlightened' set of perspectives, but in the end we get down to brass tacks and it's not so different from 'The Mirror' or the 'Sun' after all.

Still love you all though

K

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kulapops For This Post:

meeradas (19th January 2011), Shane_Original (17th January 2011), truthseekerdan (15th January 2011)

20. Link to Post #71
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,863 times in 11,839 posts

As far as I can see we might all start on different path but as we climb the mountain the paths start to converge, the path gets straighter and narrower.
    Its is a path of unconditional love and non-duality.
    We might see it differently, we might express it differently --- unity consciousness -- Christ Consciousness -- Enlightenment --- all the same.

Its a bit like the shape of the pyramid, broad base with many there but fewer move up to find that the top is single consciousness.
    Its possible to see from the top others, who have not climbed so far, point of view, after all we have been there, they cant see our point of view because they have not reached our point of view. They are equal souls, just haven't as yet reached the heady heights of the summit of human endeavor. Those who have made it to the top or near the top just have to be patient and express un-conditional love.

Throw me a rope Lol

Chris
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

21. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

IronicDestiny (11th February 2011), meeradas (15th January 2011), Shane_Original (17th January 2011), truthseekerdan (18th January 2011)

22. Link to Post #72
    Language
    germanic
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,854 times in 3,178 posts

Quote Posted by greybeard (here)
    Throw me a rope Lol
    Hey Chris: Catch! *meeradas throws rope... upwards*

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to meeradas For This Post:

Shane_Original (17th January 2011)

24. Link to Post #73
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,863 times in 11,839 posts

Quote Posted by meeradas (here)
    Hey Chris: Catch! *meeradas throws rope... upwards*

Think we are all roped together on this thread meeradas.
    Long may we pull together.
    Chris
    Namaste
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

meeradas (18th January 2011), Shane_Original (17th January 2011)

26. Link to Post #74
    illuminate

❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤

'I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word in reality.
    This is why right temporarily defeated is stronger than evil triumphant.'

'Freedom is never voluntarily given by the oppressor;
    it must be demanded by the oppressed.'

'If you can’t fly then run, if you can’t run then walk, if you can’t walk then crawl,
    but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward.'

-- Martin Luther King Jr.

27. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to illuminate For This Post:

Beth (18th January 2011), IronicDestiny (11th February 2011), meeradas (18th January 2011), rhythm (21st January 2011), schnurfel (20th January 2011), Shane_Original (17th January 2011), truthseekerdan (18th January 2011)

28. Link to Post #75
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,616 times in 1,305 posts

Quote Posted by Kulapops (here)
    Thanks Dan...love this song

and to Fred... yes, I agree each must have their own way and truth, as long as it's not hurting others. I know Ican rant with the best of them... I am exasperated to see what Avalon has become two years plus after its auspicious start, but that doesn't mean it's a bad place for others...it just doesn't do what it said on the tin (ground crews, forming real communities) and yes, a thread like Illuminate's is a breath of fresh air to me because, I think that's an attitude that is rare...and my point is proven if you look at one hundred threads here and see how many times that theme (love others love yourself) crops up.

This is not solely Avalon's problem, but is a world problem and sadly is as prevalent today as it was in Jesus' time. The great shame, that gets me ranting, is that a forum like Avalon, you would expect a slightly more 'enlightened' set of perspectives, but in the end we get down to brass tacks and it's not so different from 'The Mirror' or the 'Sun' after all.

Still love you all though

K
    Hi Kula, glad you enjoy the song as I do...

I also share your sentiments my friend, but let's not lose faith just yet. I have decided to stick with love.

I hope you'll enjoy this song also, which I dedicated to the Avalon Forum. ~ Dan

Unity Consciousness
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Free your mind, and open your heart to LOVE.
    You'll then become enlightened able to just BE.

29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to truthseekerdan For This Post:

meeradas (19th January 2011), Shane_Original (21st January 2011)

30. Link to Post #76
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by BMW (here)
    0100100001100001011101100110010100100000011110010110111101110101001000000110011001101001011001110111 0101011100100110010101100100001000000110100101110100001000000110111101110101011101000010000001001001 00100000011101110110111101101110011001000110010101110010

0100001001100101011000110110000101110101011100110110010100100000010010010010011101101101001000000111 00100111010101101110011011100110100101101110011001110010000001100100011011110111011101101110
    Yes, I know: there are only 10 types of people in the world: the ones who do see and the ones who do not...

31. Link to Post #77
    Thanks

Quote Posted by schnurfel (here)
    Yes, I know: there are only 10 types of people in the world: the ones who do see and the ones who do not...
    Translation - "Have you figured it out I wonderBecause I'm running down"

32. Link to Post #78
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

I wonder why he left out the blank...

might just be another "clue" leading to nothing or maybe his genius left him on that
    btw: http://www.roubaixinteractive.com/Pl...ry_To_Text.asp

33. Link to Post #79
    Macedonia Avalon Member TheChosen's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Posted by BMW (here)
    0100100001100001011101100110010100100000011110010110111101110101001000000110011001101001011001110111 0101011100100110010101100100001000000110100101110100001000000110111101110101011101000010000001001001 00100000011101110110111101101110011001000110010101110010

0100001001100101011000110110000101110101011100110110010100100000010010010010011101101101001000000111 00100111010101101110011011100110100101101110011001110010000001100100011011110111011101101110
    0100111001101111011011110110111001100101001000000110001101100001011011100010000001100010011001010010 0000011101000110111101101100011001000010000001110111011010000110000101110100001000000111010001101000 0110010100100000010011010110000101110100011100100110100101111000001000000110100101110011001011000010 0000011110010110111101110101001000000110100001100001011101100110010100100000011101000110111100100000 0111001101100101011001010010000001101001011101000010000001100110011011110111001000100000011110010110 1111011101010111001001110011011001010110110001100110001000000011101100101001
    TheChosen - Master of Self, Servant to None

34. The Following User Says Thank You to TheChosen For This Post:

IronicDestiny (11th February 2011)

35. Link to Post #80
    Thanks

My binary 'joke' has been on my signiature for a lonnnnnggg time

Have no idea what the other one is about.. though if I saw lots of binary digits like that, it makes me think asci. Take eight digits convert them to a decimal number, then look it up in an ASCII table.

Maybe it makes a message and maybe it doesn't? My way of thinking, if I want to tell you something, I'm just going to say it. Unless we're playing a game. In which case I'd say something like

My first is in Sober but not in drink
    My second in horsefly but not in wink
    My third I can see with when open wide
    My whole, if you step in , will make you slide....

Keep the love flowing peeps time for a new signiature coming on I think...

K

P.S. Hey, schnurfel - we look so alike !

36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kulapops For This Post:

schnurfel (21st January 2011), Shane_Original (21st January 2011)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 4 9 LastLast