Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The 2nd English Civil War

1. Link to Post #1
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,410 times in 621 posts

Default The 2nd English Civil War

I HOPE THAT I'M WRONG

Blood is already being spilt on a small scale here on the streets of England over this matter, and I can only hope that the violence doesn't escalate.

It's quite simple:- Over 3 years ago we had a referendum as promised years earlier, on whether to leave or remain in the “European Union”.

17.4 Million people, that's 52% of the voters decided to LEAVE, as opposed to 48% who decided to remain. Note :- the largest number of eligible voters for decades actually voted.

As a result the UK government were TOLD by the People to get us OUT of the “EU”.

David Cameron (who voted to remain) was Prime Minister at that time, and because the referendum received the WRONG ANSWER from the People, he was forced to resign.

IN A DEMOCRACY, PEOPLE ABIDE BY THE MAJORITY'S DECISION.

Theresa May (who also voted to remain) was then chosen as Prime Minister, and so was given the task. She was offered a “deal” by the “EU” (under which the EU still controlled our laws, and it was basically WORTHLESS). She then offered the “deal” to the UK government and it was rejected THREE TIMES.

THE PEOPLE DIDN'T VOTE FOR A “DEAL”, THEY VOTED TO LEAVE.

This process took 3 years, and she was then forced to resign.

Boris Johnson (who actually voted to leave) was then chosen as Prime Minister, and so was given the task. He then set about the job “With or without a deal”, although preferably through negotiation, but in order to do that effectively, he needs the “no deal” option on the table.

Unfortunately the majority of UK politicians (and EU politicians) are absolutely TERRIFIED of the UK leaving the EU. Reasons :-

a) Many are under about 58 years old and so don't remember that life here before the “EU” was OK.
    b) MONEY.

For mainly these reasons the majority of our politicians are hell bent on bringing down Boris Johnson, and most importantly stopping the UK from leaving, which is CONTRARY TO THE WISHES OF THE MAJORITY OF THE PEOPLE.

SO MUCH FOR DEMOCRACY !!

To those who voted “remain”, I would say “YOU LOST, GET OVER IT”.

To all politicians, I would say “DO AS YOU'RE TOLD, YOU'RE THERE TO SERVE THE PEOPLE, NOT YOURSELVES”.

Feelings are running pretty high here where I am in the East Anglian region of England, and I sincerely hope that this matter doesn't result in more bloodshed, as it's already looking very ugly.
    Last edited by Bill Ryan; 7th September 2019 at 16:31. Reason: cleaned up the formatting a little

2. The Following 31 Users Say Thank You to boja For This Post:

angelfire (10th September 2019), avid (8th September 2019), Baby Steps (7th September 2019), Bill Ryan (7th September 2019), edina (8th September 2019), enigma3 (7th September 2019), Franny (7th September 2019), Gracy (9th September 2019), greybeard (7th September 2019), Happyjak (8th September 2019), Hervé (7th September 2019), jjjones (8th September 2019), kfm27917 (9th September 2019), Mark (Star Mariner) (8th September 2019), Matt P (8th September 2019), Matthew (8th September 2019), Muzz (8th September 2019), Nasu (7th September 2019), onevoice (7th September 2019), Peter UK (7th September 2019), RogeRio (8th September 2019), Rosemarie (8th September 2019), Sadieblue (8th September 2019), Satori (7th September 2019), shaberon (7th September 2019), sijohn (8th September 2019), Sophocles (7th September 2019), Tintin (9th September 2019), toppy (7th September 2019), Violet3 (8th September 2019), wondering (7th September 2019)

3. Link to Post #2
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,754 times in 978 posts

Default Re: The 2nd English Civil War

I sense your passion and frustration. This farcical state of affairs around brexit is becoming very, very, tiresome. Personally I'm all for cutting and running, which may not be the most informed opinion politically speaking but I have absolutely no doubts we could ride the storm, survive any maelstrom and eventually emerge stronger as a country. It's a British trait.

Margaret Thatcher must be turning in her grave.

4. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to Peter UK For This Post:

avid (8th September 2019), Bill Ryan (7th September 2019), enigma3 (7th September 2019), Franny (7th September 2019), greybeard (7th September 2019), jjjones (8th September 2019), Matt P (8th September 2019), Nasu (7th September 2019), RogeRio (8th September 2019), Rosemarie (8th September 2019), Sadieblue (8th September 2019), Satori (7th September 2019), shaberon (7th September 2019), sijohn (8th September 2019), Tintin (9th September 2019), toppy (7th September 2019), Victoria (13th September 2019), Violet3 (8th September 2019), wondering (7th September 2019)

5. Link to Post #3
    Great Britain Avalon Member Baby Steps's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,663 times in 1,521 posts

In the following article we see barriers have gone up supposedly to stop vehicle based terrorist attacks.

https://metro.co.uk/2017/03/28/barri...alace-6539707/

What the images do not show is a low steel barrier circling green park, unobtrusively. So if these structures are there for the reason claimed, there appears to be a requirement to protect that particular green space from vehicles, but not others.

I noticed that the low steel barrier has post holes, as if fencing could be inserted.

When I saw this I was stumped as to what kind of scenario would require the palace, and governmental buildings to be protected.

I would say very large disordered mass demonstrations. Like the one that brought down the Thatcher Government, but much larger.
    The proroguing announcement caused quite alot of anger in London, and many more demos than were covered in the uk press.
    we have subcontracted the business of healing people to Companies who profit from sickness.

6. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Baby Steps For This Post:

avid (8th September 2019), Bill Ryan (7th September 2019), enigma3 (7th September 2019), Franny (7th September 2019), greybeard (7th September 2019), Happyjak (8th September 2019), Hervé (7th September 2019), jjjones (8th September 2019), Matt P (8th September 2019), Nasu (7th September 2019), Peter UK (7th September 2019), Sadieblue (8th September 2019), shaberon (7th September 2019), sijohn (8th September 2019), Tintin (9th September 2019), toppy (7th September 2019), Violet3 (8th September 2019), wondering (7th September 2019)

7. Link to Post #4
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,860 times in 11,838 posts

Strangely enough there was none of this before the referendum--and little trouble in Ireland.
    Frankly people get led by the media---all this, I suspect, is pre planned down to the last detail.
    Divide and conquer.

Going well back in time.
    My parents had a corner shop---the hub of the community.
    Government abolished retail price maintenance--all shops up till then sold at the same price a set fair profit margin.
    All of a sudden our customers were shopping at supermarkets except when they wanted the groceries on credit.
    Many small grocers had to shut up shop.
    Then the LSD (Pound,Shillings and Pence)came to a halt---requiring updating tills etc.
    Next came VAT---all small businesses saw their overheads shoot up.

So what is beneficial--perhaps to some is not necessarily beneficial to other.
    Regardless of how the current situation pans out there will be successes and failures.
    Will the UK survive?
    Who knows?

Chris

Ps the small corner shops really were the hub of the community and back then there was a community spirit, back then--police respected, teachers the same.
    Violence at a minimum---knife crime non existent, In who's interest is it to promote,cause, division?

This why I dont vote or take sides.
    I have thoughts about the current situation but not to the point where I feel any need to take action or disagree with peoples choice.
    Ch
    Last edited by greybeard; 7th September 2019 at 18:07.
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

8. The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

avid (8th September 2019), Baby Steps (7th September 2019), Bill Ryan (7th September 2019), celticwarrior (8th September 2019), East Sun (7th September 2019), enigma3 (7th September 2019), Franny (7th September 2019), Happyjak (8th September 2019), Hervé (7th September 2019), jjjones (8th September 2019), kfm27917 (9th September 2019), Mare (8th September 2019), Matt P (8th September 2019), Nasu (7th September 2019), Post-Structuralist Comet (7th September 2019), Sadieblue (8th September 2019), shaberon (7th September 2019), Tintin (9th September 2019), toppy (7th September 2019), Victoria (13th September 2019), Violet3 (8th September 2019), Wind (8th September 2019)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,826 times in 404 posts

As an outside observer, the UK Parliament is putting on quite a show. I see a rather keen disregard for the will of the people and thus for Democratic government.

After reading the latest article on Brexit at Zerohedge I come away with the feeling that Boris and company know what they are doing. I wish we had Prime Minister's questions in the States. Watching the sergeant at arms yell "ORDAAH" is a show in itself!

Joseph Farrell presents a good argument for the Nazis and postwar Germany calling most of the shots in establishing the EU to favor Germany. It sure has worked out that way. If you can't conquer them militarily, conquer them economically. The British economy hasn't been the same since joining the EU. Same for France.

I see a future where the EU dissolves (look out for Italy) and reforms without the German bias. A better win for all. In the meantime I'm enjoying the show.

10. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to enigma3 For This Post:

Baby Steps (7th September 2019), Bill Ryan (7th September 2019), Franny (8th September 2019), greybeard (7th September 2019), Happyjak (8th September 2019), jjjones (8th September 2019), kfm27917 (9th September 2019), Mark (Star Mariner) (8th September 2019), Matt P (8th September 2019), Peter UK (7th September 2019), Sadieblue (8th September 2019), shaberon (7th September 2019), Tintin (9th September 2019), Violet3 (8th September 2019)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,330 times in 2,365 posts

Quote Posted by Peter UK (here)
    I sense your passion and frustration. This farcical state of affairs around brexit is becoming very, very, tiresome. Personally I'm all for cutting and running, which may not be the most informed opinion politically speaking but I have absolutely no doubts we could ride the storm, survive any maelstrom and eventually emerge stronger as a country. It's a British trait.
    British are like the Jews, they can survive anything :-)

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TomKat For This Post:

East Sun (7th September 2019), greybeard (8th September 2019), shaberon (7th September 2019), Violet3 (8th September 2019)

13. Link to Post #7
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,536 times in 4,011 posts

How, again, did they get into it in the first place?

Is E-U not the "Fascist" system that some "Great War" was fought against?

It is, and there wasn't any war, just a French--British plot to consolidate Europe. British Fascists may be few in number, but, evidently, quite high in influence. All of the modern, unified Germany has been nothing but a stooge and fall guy for them, as well as Russia, which mostly has slipped from their control. Russian-German rapprochement still does not look good for the Anglos. Since they cannot muster another war, their time is pretty much spent.

First Civil War gave us the gift of Zionism. Since then, the worst fear of governments has been an "American style" revolution anywhere in Europe, especially France, verboten. Whatever happened in most of those countries was merely a pale imitation that just removed monarchs and replaced them with something perhaps even worse. I wouldn't feel too bad about the performance, since here in the U. S., where it succeeded, everything was voluntarily surrendered back. American revolution definitely does not begin "Democracy", it is completely against that, and it is a big lie our leaders repeat that we are one or we stand for it.

I vote for your cultures and if East Anglian is not the same as Lowland Scot, why should you be strangled by the same octopus?

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to shaberon For This Post:

Bill Ryan (8th September 2019), Franny (8th September 2019), greybeard (8th September 2019), Tintin (9th September 2019), Violet3 (8th September 2019)

15. Link to Post #8
    Ecuador Avalon Member Rosemarie's Avatar
    Language
    Spanish
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,895 times in 311 posts

Quote Posted by Baby Steps (here)
    In the following article we see barriers have gone up supposedly to stop vehicle based terrorist attacks.

What the images do not show is a low steel barrier circling green park, unobtrusively. So if these structures are there for the reason claimed, there appears to be a requirement to protect that particular green space from vehicles, but not others.

I noticed that the low steel barrier has post holes, as if fencing could be inserted.

When I saw this I was stumped as to what kind of scenario would require the palace, and governmental buildings to be protected.

I would say very large disordered mass demonstrations. Like the one that brought down the Thatcher Government, but much larger.
    The proroguing announcement caused quite alot of anger in London, and many more demos than were covered in the uk press.
    Baby Steps. I am completely confuse. The article is from March 28, 2017 ????? Or is it happening again ?
    "Be kind for everybody is fighting a great battle" Plato

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Rosemarie For This Post:

Bill Ryan (8th September 2019), greybeard (8th September 2019), RogeRio (8th September 2019), Strat (8th September 2019), Tintin (9th September 2019)

17. Link to Post #9
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,667 times in 638 posts

A civil war is brewing, especially now the majority of British citizens now wish to stay! They did not vote for food and medicine shortages, delays to cancer treatment, massive job losses, businesses going to the wall, our security compromised, peace in Northern Ireland threatened and actual deaths. Unlike the 301 mostly Conservative politicians this week who thought that sounded like fun for the UK.

20 odd politicians from the ruling party have been kicked out for holding moderate views! Several have resigned, including the Prime Ministers brother! The sitting prime minister is playing a game of lies and deceit. Such as refusing to call an election and then the following day trying to call an election.

Although I had no problem with people voting LEAVE after three years of a reality check, if someone still holds these views then I have a real problem with them. And it is not only me that has a problem with Brexiteers you can also include:

Doctors
    The law
    Parliament
    The civil service
    The union
    The NHS
    Experts
    Judges
    Universities
    The BBC
    The Good Friday agreement
    Business
    The City
    Reality

18. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to sunwings For This Post:

Baby Steps (8th September 2019), Bill Ryan (8th September 2019), greybeard (8th September 2019), kfm27917 (9th September 2019), Mare (8th September 2019), Peter UK (8th September 2019), Rosemarie (8th September 2019), Tintin (9th September 2019), Violet3 (8th September 2019)

19. Link to Post #10
    Language
    English
    Thanks

It always amazes me that the various groups for and against appear all uniformly dressed for the demonstrations.
    That should be a clear indication of manipulation of the masses to confront and divide.
    Yet people seem to have a need to express their opinions/preferences through a group.

I have no problem with people voting for or against but sunwings has made valid points.

Next the country will be divided by home rule for Scotland, Wales and perhaps Ireland.
    People think they made a valid choice, that they thought they knew what they were voting for--I think it mass manipulation with a clear view to set up confrontation---for the people-- oh yeah!!!

That's just my thoughts--I could be wrong--I dont mind if people disagree.

It will not go as far as civil war.

Chris

20. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Bill Ryan (8th September 2019), enigma3 (9th September 2019), kfm27917 (9th September 2019), Mare (8th September 2019), Mark (Star Mariner) (8th September 2019), Rosemarie (8th September 2019), Tintin (9th September 2019), Violet3 (8th September 2019)

21. Link to Post #11
    Australia Avalon Member Violet3's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,370 times in 236 posts

I was confused when it was reported (can't remember where I read it) that the Queen questioned the value of the UK's membership of the EU, and then she agreed to dissolve parliament as requested by Mr. Johnston. I assume she is a 'globalist' but her stance seems to contradict this.

I do agree with Boja that, given the people's vote to leave the EU, it seems intolerable and incredible that it did not happen promptly, as if we need further demonstration that democracy is so feeble if not dead. Three years after the original vote people may or may not have changed their minds, but that does not change the vote and the mandate given to the government.

Sadly, there now seems to be a 'catch-22' where either leaving the EU or staying now seems equally disastrous because of the divisions and anger the whole situation has engendered. This result may have been planned as Greybeard suggests.

The other thing I wonder about is what is going on underneath all the controversy over Brexit- is the whole divisive performance a distraction from something else?

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Violet3 For This Post:

Bill Ryan (8th September 2019), greybeard (8th September 2019), kfm27917 (9th September 2019), Peter UK (8th September 2019), Rosemarie (8th September 2019), Tintin (9th September 2019)

23. Link to Post #12
    Administrator Mark (Star Mariner)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,514 times in 4,312 posts

Quote Posted by greybeard (here)
    I think it mass manipulation with a clear view to set up confrontation---for the people-- oh yeah!!!
    Possibly a very valid observation Chris. The question of staying or remaining may - just saying may - not in reality have the vast, intricate, technical, far-reaching ramifications they've led us all to believe in. It could, in reality, be a smooth, straight-forward process, involving merely the signing and stamping of papers that should legally already exist, contingent as they must be for all eventualities. But as with geo-modification, they may have engineered this entire storm, by spinning it, stoking it, and delaying it, "because details", "because bureaucracy", while it simmers and simmers building up and up toward critical mass.

Because the longer we wait (by design) for a resolution, the more anxious, confused, unsettled, and polarized we become.

A giant scam - a social false flag. Divide the people, turn neighbour against neighbour, incite dissent and rebellion, then push towards the cliff of social collapse. These are the perfect conditions for the introduction of sweeping new policies, securities, and controls. And the exhausted, beleaguered people will by this stage welcome them. Deep, deep, conspiracy stuff. But would anyone here be truly surprised?
    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
    ~ Jimi Hendrix

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mark (Star Mariner) For This Post:

Bill Ryan (8th September 2019), enigma3 (9th September 2019), greybeard (8th September 2019), kfm27917 (9th September 2019), Rosemarie (8th September 2019), Tintin (9th September 2019)

25. Link to Post #13
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Who --or what started the unrest--"Civil war"?
    Was there any great strength of emotion for staying or leaving till there was the referendum?
    The big carrot--the red bus--then no its not going to give what its promised--by then people sold on leave or remain.
    So yes the unrest comes from what Star Mariner has pointed out.
    Basically I havent- got what was promised "yet" -High hopes of better life--more funds for NHS.
    Of course politicians know what people want and are very good at promising it.
    Not very good at delivering it though.

If I was voting --I would want to know exactly whats in it for me and mine--no one else.

A rational not emotional decision. Nothing to do with being born Scottish.
    I wont vote--but im now tending to see the S.N.P point of view.
    The S.N.P leader in Parliament comes across well as does the First Minister in Scotland.

The illuminate dont have to do anything other than plant an idea in the heads of people, then watch the "fall out." Pun intended.
    Collateral damage every where--no matter the end result.

Who knows where this is going

Chris

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Bill Ryan (8th September 2019), kfm27917 (9th September 2019), Mark (Star Mariner) (10th September 2019), Tintin (9th September 2019)

27. Link to Post #14
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,192 times in 4,071 posts

Quote Posted by boja (here)
    I HOPE THAT I'M WRONG

David Cameron (who voted to remain) was Prime Minister at that time, and because the referendum received the WRONG ANSWER from the People, he was forced to resign.

IN A DEMOCRACY, PEOPLE ABIDE BY THE MAJORITY'S DECISION.

Representatives of the people vs the people

High shenanigans, with pro-EU supporters calling for a second referendum, and rejecting a general election. And we know why, so they can force against leaving the EU. When they say anything else it blends into the endless lies and excuses used to ignore the legitimate referendum result. We didn't vote to leave with a deal, we voted to leave. The people did anyway, which is what this is about. The people vs MPs

Carl Benjemin rants much better than I ever could, with strong language

If MPs think this is going away, they're in for a political shock sooner or later.

28. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Matthew For This Post:

Bill Ryan (8th September 2019), greybeard (8th September 2019), Matt P (8th September 2019), Muzz (8th September 2019), Peter UK (8th September 2019), Tintin (9th September 2019)

29. Link to Post #15
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,019 times in 927 posts

Oh, woe is me! We cannot survive without bigger, more consolidated government to hold our hands, wipe our bums, make our decisions for us and take care of us til our last day! The store shelves will empty forever! The elderly and poor little children won’t be able to get their big pharma poisons! I know we USED to be fine without their powerful bureaucratic institutions but we can’t live without them now! Everything will fall apart and chaos will ensue!
    Pardon the sarcasm but 🙄. The corporate fear mongering has taken strong hold, it’s fingerprints everywhere.

Matt
    Fear is simply a consequence of a lack of information.

30. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Matt P For This Post:

angelfire (10th September 2019), Bill Ryan (8th September 2019), enigma3 (9th September 2019), greybeard (8th September 2019), Matthew (8th September 2019), Peter UK (8th September 2019), Tintin (9th September 2019), Victoria (13th September 2019)

31. Link to Post #16
    Great Britain Avalon Member Baby Steps's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,663 times in 1,521 posts

Quote Posted by Rosemarie (here)
    Quote Posted by Baby Steps (here)

Baby Steps. I am completely confuse. The article is from March 28, 2017 ????? Or is it happening again ?
    hi,
    the hardware went up then, and just stayed.
    we have subcontracted the business of healing people to Companies who profit from sickness.

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Baby Steps For This Post:

greybeard (8th September 2019), Rosemarie (9th September 2019), Tintin (9th September 2019)

33. Link to Post #17
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by YoYoYo (here)

Carl Benjemin rants much better than I ever could, with strong language
    If anybody would like a reality check to the usual British reservation here it is.

Have fun!

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Peter UK For This Post:

greybeard (8th September 2019), Matt P (8th September 2019), Tintin (9th September 2019)

35. Link to Post #18
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by mpennery (here)
    Oh, woe is me! We cannot survive without bigger, more consolidated government to hold our hands, wipe our bums, make our decisions for us and take care of us til our last day! The store shelves will empty forever! The elderly and poor little children won’t be able to get their big pharma poisons! I know we USED to be fine without their powerful bureaucratic institutions but we can’t live without them now! Everything will fall apart and chaos will ensue!
    Pardon the sarcasm but 🙄. The corporate fear mongering has taken strong hold, it’s fingerprints everywhere.

Matt
    Agreed Matt Which is why it is good to be self employed--"make your own way" should be a catch phrase
    Chris

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Matt P (9th September 2019), Tintin (9th September 2019)

37. Link to Post #19
    Language
    English
    Thanks

David Icke's view of the EU

edited version

He said: It's a choice between being controlled by an unelected people cartel of dark suit bureaucrats dictating the fine detail of our lives from Brussels, overriding national law and Parliaments or having laws that affect the people of Britain made within the land of Britain.

The EU is a straight-jacket fascist, communist bureaucratic centralised super state run by dark-suited fat cat bureaucrats in league with dark-suit fat cat heads of giant corporations, in league with manipulative powers that actually run the EU.

Last edited by Peter UK; 9th September 2019 at 11:01.

38. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Peter UK For This Post:

Bill Ryan (9th September 2019), East Sun (9th September 2019), enigma3 (9th September 2019), greybeard (9th September 2019), gs_powered (9th September 2019), Hervé (9th September 2019), Matthew (9th September 2019), Tintin (9th September 2019)

39. Link to Post #20
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,826 times in 404 posts

I agree with mpennery here. Those bureaucrats who want to remain are showering the air waves with fear mongering and fear porn. Most all of that has no validity.
    How many no go zones do the Brits want in London and other cities? How many more good people get stabbed or suffer an acid attack?
    When I think of Brussels I think of the despicable murals on building walls that the EU leadership has never criticized. Brussels is rule by the Rothschilds. No thanks.

40. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to enigma3 For This Post:

Bill Ryan (9th September 2019), East Sun (9th September 2019)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast