Thread: The Meaning of Dreams

1. Link to Post #21
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,754 times in 978 posts

Default Re: The Meaning of Dreams

Quote Posted by Ernie Nemeth (here)
    My solution, as always, was to reject dreaming altogether. To my way of thinking, this life is a dream, a very vivid dream, and at night when we sleep we're actually awake in our real, eternal lives. So dreaming, I determined, was merely practice for the 'real' thing - this 'life' when we 'wake'. Why would I want to practice the art of delusion?
    We are multidimensional in nature, I would no more reject dreaming than I would life.

Dreaming which you reference as practicing the art of delusion seems no different to me than referencing everyday life which is practicing the art of, illusion. I think that in both cases the idea is to produce a work of art and inject meaning at that level.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Peter UK For This Post:

Ernie Nemeth (24th January 2020), Forest Denizen (24th January 2020)

3. Link to Post #22
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,614 times in 5,382 posts

I would agree that lucid dreaming is useful practice at creating reality. Otherwise dreaming is at best entertainment.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

Forest Denizen (24th January 2020), Peter UK (24th January 2020)

5. Link to Post #23
    United States Avalon Member Ratszinger's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,313 times in 1,402 posts

Waking in dream, that is to say by definition taking your awareness to another place, interacting with that other place and people, animals or things in it is to me akin to that first baby step into being wide awake, aware, able to fly, and even know things outside your own sphere of influence with no explanation as to why is a rebirth you see? We're in that caterpillar stage of growth now where we are somewhat aware enough to eat, devour and sleep. Many more, 'awake' individuals see humans as very parasitical which in fact they are due to being in that stage of their development. Our awareness blossoming into a new place, a new space just as real but significantly different both in feel and the rules that take place there is like us as the butterfly. I see it as us becoming more aware to the point that eventually the soul that birthed here in the body no longer needs a body but has now grown past it into something else, something that can now say it dreams it is aware and it flies! :-)
    The genius consistently stands out from the masses in that he unconsciously anticipates truths of which the population as a whole only later becomes conscious! Speech-circa 1937

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ratszinger For This Post:

Forest Denizen (24th January 2020), Peter UK (24th January 2020)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2