Thread: New interpretations of the Nazca Lines figures

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 459,377 times in 32,916 posts

Default New interpretations of the Nazca Lines figures

From https://thevintagenews.com/2019/06/2...-lines-mystery

The Mystery of Peru’s Nazca Lines Just got Weirder with New Revelations

Nancy Bilyeau, 24 June 2019

The Nazca Lines in Peru have baffled mankind for quite a long time–and now the mystery is even more intriguing. They are a series of enormous geoglyphs etched into a roughly 200-square-mile stretch of the desert, created by pre-Inca people somewhere between the 4th century B.C. and the 10th century A.D. This early land art features lines measuring as long as 30 miles and are best viewed from the air or from surrounding hillsides.

A team of researchers say the Nazca Lines represent “one of the most attractive ancient mysteries in the world.” It’s hypothesized that the geoglyphs had ritual astronomical functions, but no one knows for sure.

Nazca lines "hummingbird", now considered to be a hermit.

It’s the geometric shapes that are the focus of their new research, ranging from triangles to trapezoids and spirals, even the figure of a human which has been dubbed the “astronaut”. Some 70 depictions of plants and animals can be seen. But researchers have discovered that some of Peru’s massive creations were identified incorrectly, and that the figures are actually of birds who lived far away from the site of geoglyphs. This clearly raises many new questions.

The Nazca lines “astronaut”.

Among the 16 massive bird carvings in the Nazca desert of southern Peru are a hermit (a forest species) and a pelican (a coastal bird), according to research published in June 2019 in the Journal of Archaeological Science: Reports. The figure of a “hummingbird” is now considered to be a hermit, which is a close relation to a hummingbird but not found the areas where the Nazca lines were created.

The Nazca lines “spider”.

Their findings indicate the geoglyphs represent exotic species of birds found a far distance from where the lines were created. “We revealed several discrepancies between their geoglyphic characteristics and those of the taxonomic groups to which they were attributed by previous research,” they wrote.

“In addition, we determined that some of the geoglyphs depicted a number of specific birds, including hermit, pelicans, and what is most likely an immature parrot. Each of these birds is regionally exotic. For instance, hermits and parrots are found in tropical rain forests whereas pelicans live in coastal areas.”

The Nazca lines “parrot”.

The Nazca Lines may be best known for the representations of animals and plants that measure up to 1,200 feet long. The Nazca people also created other forms, such as a humanoid figure (nicknamed “The Astronaut”), hands, and some completely unidentifiable depictions.

Another Nazca lines “parrot”.

In 2011, a Japanese team discovered a new geoglyph that appears to represent a scene of beheading, which is far smaller than other Nazca figures and not easily seen from aerial surveys, according to History. The Nazca people were known to collect “trophy heads,” and research in 2009 revealed that the majority of trophy skulls came from the same populations as the people they were buried with (rather than outside cultures).

The Nazca lines “whale”.

In 2016, the same team found another geoglyph, this time one that depicts a 98-foot-long mythical creature that has many legs and is sticking out its tongue.

A trio of Japanese researchers—Masaki Eda of the Hokkaido University Museum, Takeshi Yamasaki of Yamashina Institute for Ornithology, and Masato Sakai of Yamagata University—have now revealed that many of the birds in question were previously misidentified.

The Nazca lines “dog”

So far their best explanation is that the people who drew these images could have seen the faraway birds while traveling. “Our findings show that they drew exotic birds, not local birds, and this could be a clue as to why they drew them in the first place,” explains Eda.

The team does believe this exoticism is significant: “If exotic/non local birds were not significant for the Nasca people, there are no reason to draw their geoglyph,” study author Masaki Eda told Newsweek. “So, their existence should be closely related to the purpose of etching geoglyphs. But the reason is difficult to answer.”

How to see the Nazca Lines

Although there are a number of tours originating in Lima and Cusco that include a visit to the Nazca Line desert, among other locations, if you only want to see the Lines, start in Pisco or Arequipa. Both have airports from which tour planes depart.

If you don’t want a fly-over, there is an observation tower near the lines but you can view only a small portion of site.

Flying is undoubtedly preferable as it offers a bird’s eye view of the most important etchings. A word of warning though, the 20-minute flight consists of numerous sharp turns which leave most travelers feeling seriously nauseous. Grab an anti-nausea tablet from a local pharmacy and try not to eat any big meals within a few hours of take off. Early morning departures are best as there tends to be less turbulence and better visibility. Expect to pay between $75 to $90 per person and try to book with a well-renowned company such as AeroNazca, AeroParacas, or Movil Air.

2. The Following 34 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Chester (11th September 2019), Conaire (12th September 2019), enigma3 (11th September 2019), gs_powered (11th September 2019), haroldsails (12th September 2019), ichingcarpenter (14th September 2019), Intranuclear (11th September 2019), Ioneo (11th September 2019), Iyakum (11th September 2019), James (11th September 2019), Jantje (12th September 2019), jjjones (11th September 2019), Lefty Dave (11th September 2019), Maknocktomb (12th September 2019), Mare (12th September 2019), Mark (Star Mariner) (11th September 2019), Matt P (11th September 2019), Mike (12th September 2019), mountain_jim (12th September 2019), Ratszinger (11th September 2019), rgray222 (11th September 2019), Richard S. (12th September 2019), Sadieblue (13th September 2019), shaberon (13th September 2019), Sophocles (11th September 2019), Star Tsar (12th September 2019), Sunny-side-up (14th September 2019), Tintin (12th September 2019), toppy (11th September 2019), Valerie Villars (11th September 2019), WhiteFeather (11th September 2019), william r sanford72 (14th September 2019), Yoda (11th September 2019), Zampano (11th September 2019)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member WhiteFeather's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,975 times in 5,652 posts

Default Re: New interpretations of the Nazca Lines figures

Nice Thread Bill with some interesting perspectives. If I may , I've pondered the idea that we actually had aero-flight in that era. I'm serious. That, or we had customized a landing port marker for our Star Family. Hey this would be a good remote view, or was it done already. Someone give Courtney an email. Would be a cool a RV.

We are all 1 tribe...

W.F.
    "Although I Live On This World, I Choose Not To Live In It"
    <:~W.F.~:>

"The answer to every question can be found in nature, if one knows how to look and listen”
    Gwilda Wiyaka

"Everything on the Earth has a purpose, Every disease a herb to cure it, and every person a mission. This is the Indian theory of existence".
    Mourning Dove Salish

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to WhiteFeather For This Post:

Bill Ryan (11th September 2019), gs_powered (11th September 2019), jjjones (11th September 2019), Matt P (11th September 2019), Sadieblue (13th September 2019), Star Tsar (12th September 2019), Sunny-side-up (14th September 2019), toppy (11th September 2019), william r sanford72 (14th September 2019)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 459,377 times in 32,916 posts

See also this thread. (There are quite a few about Nazca, if one searches for 'Nazca' in thread titles — but some of those are about the rather spurious 'Nazca mummies'.)

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

jjjones (11th September 2019), Sadieblue (13th September 2019), Star Tsar (12th September 2019), Sunny-side-up (14th September 2019), toppy (11th September 2019), WhiteFeather (13th September 2019), william r sanford72 (14th September 2019), Yoda (11th September 2019)

7. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Member Chester's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,206 times in 5,691 posts

Imagine this art was done to prove to a clan the astral travel ability of a shaman in training? That the shaman's test would be to accurately describe these images? Just a theory.
    All the above is all and only my opinion - all subject to change and not meant to be true for anyone else regardless of how I phrase it.

8. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Post:

Bill Ryan (11th September 2019), gs_powered (11th September 2019), jjjones (11th September 2019), Matt P (11th September 2019), meeradas (13th September 2019), mountain_jim (12th September 2019), Sadieblue (13th September 2019), Star Tsar (12th September 2019), Sunny-side-up (14th September 2019), toppy (11th September 2019), WhiteFeather (13th September 2019), william r sanford72 (14th September 2019)

9. Link to Post #5
    United States Avalon Member conk's Avatar
    Language
    Southern English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,146 times in 2,998 posts

Only once is my decades of interest in these glyphs have I heard mention of the mountain itself and how the top has seemingly been removed. It does appear that the entire top of the mountain has been sheared off. If true, what could have done this? Where is all the residue from that demolition? The huge expanse of flat land on top of the mountain can't be natural.
    The quantum field responds not to what we want; but to who we are being. Dr. Joe Dispenza

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to conk For This Post:

Arcturian108 (14th September 2019), Star Tsar (12th September 2019), Sunny-side-up (14th September 2019), WhiteFeather (13th September 2019), william r sanford72 (14th September 2019)

11. Link to Post #6
    United States Avalon Member Ratszinger's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,305 times in 1,401 posts

The DNA of Peruvian people has been found in people of New Zealand and Australia as well as the North West American Indians and Inuit peoples. Not all but some of the last two but they found it none the less and similarity of tools used, boats built, stories told and so on. It stands to reason we all know a cataclysm happened. I suspect that peoples from other parts of the world were 'stationed' in North America, South America or whatever those continents were called then and if this cataclysm happened while they were there they'd be stuck there for the rest of their lives and all their families also.What family and birds and other things of memory they had would also be lost to them so perhaps this is remembering those things so their children wouldn't forget?

The other possibility I see is that the elevation of Peru was not always so high. Perhaps before the upheaval when things there were at a closer to sea level elevation they did have those plants and animals there? Interesting subject. Thanks Bill
    The genius consistently stands out from the masses in that he unconsciously anticipates truths of which the population as a whole only later becomes conscious! Speech-circa 1937

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ratszinger For This Post:

haroldsails (12th September 2019), Maknocktomb (12th September 2019), Star Tsar (12th September 2019), Sunny-side-up (14th September 2019), WhiteFeather (13th September 2019), william r sanford72 (14th September 2019)

13. Link to Post #7
    Thanks

I find the Nazca line so fascinating. So litte is really known about their origins or function. The mystery has had me captivated for years. I was actually there, in 2003. Since then the images, especially the 'hummingbird', have been etched into my brain.

I'm just now wondering; has anyone ever listened to any remote viewings, eg Courtney Brown, etc on the subject? I'd be interested to hear them.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Conaire For This Post:

Star Tsar (12th September 2019), Sunny-side-up (14th September 2019), WhiteFeather (13th September 2019), william r sanford72 (14th September 2019)

15. Link to Post #8
    Language
    germanic
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,854 times in 3,178 posts

Quote Posted by Sammy (here)
    Imagine this art was done to prove to a clan the astral travel ability of a shaman in training? That the shaman's test would be to accurately describe these images? Just a theory.
    Not just a theory - well, at least, not yours (only).

Can't find (nor even remember) the source, but i've known this for quite some time...

and it does make sense.
    Last edited by meeradas; 13th September 2019 at 07:35.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to meeradas For This Post:

Sunny-side-up (14th September 2019), WhiteFeather (13th September 2019), william r sanford72 (14th September 2019)

17. Link to Post #9
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,006 times in 4,056 posts

Yes, it may have been something to do with Projection. Not necessarily "proof", the animals may have been power totems to help you do it, or maybe they indicated the directions or distant lands they came from. And it looks to me that it probably did derive from a very ancient pan-Pacific people, much as the last 100,000 years and last Ice Age suggests something similar across the North Atlantic and at Malta and India and so forth. Here again, it is also likely that the best or main part of the core of this kind of shamanism was obliterated many times until the Conquistadors silenced it, similar to Egypt or Persia or Greece. I cannot come up with any other reason they would make Nazca lines, Easter Island, Chichen Itza, etc., other than it had to do with a natural practice which isn't exactly a religion.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shaberon For This Post:

Sunny-side-up (14th September 2019), william r sanford72 (14th September 2019)

19. Link to Post #10
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,123 times in 3,951 posts

Quote Posted by conk (here)
    Only once is my decades of interest in these glyphs have I heard mention of the mountain itself and how the top has seemingly been removed. It does appear that the entire top of the mountain has been sheared off. If true, what could have done this? Where is all the residue from that demolition? The huge expanse of flat land on top of the mountain can't be natural.
    Yes I've often wondered that conk.
    no one seems to mention, what appears to be massive earth works in and around this area.
    I'm a simple easy going guy that is very upset/sad with the worlds hidden controllers!
    We need LEADERS who bat from the HEART!
    Rise up above them Dark evil doers, not within anger but with LOVE

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sunny-side-up For This Post:

conk (18th September 2019), william r sanford72 (14th September 2019)

+ Reply to Thread