+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Has anyone actually seen a Thunderbird?

1. Link to Post #21
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,503 times in 1,877 posts

Default Re: Has anyone actually seen a Thunderbird?

Haast's Eagle is a brain-aneurysm inducing species of gigantic man-eating winged monstrosities that became notorious among the Maori tribes of pre-colonial New Zealand thanks to their horrific propensity to silently dive-bomb down from the tree tops in absolute silence, crush the skulls of 450-pound beasts like a Volkswagen driving over a soda can, then fly off into the darkness clutching the tribe's women and children in a fist full of razor-sharp 4-inch talons so they could be slowly and painfully shredded to death at the beast's leisure.

This is not a myth or a legend. This is a real thing that actually lived on Earth-One's material plane as late as 1600 AD.

http://www.badassoftheweek.com/haasteagle.html
    The thunderbird is probably related to this creature and is likely extinct now, for the most part. If they are alive, it would be in a densely forested area, like British Columbia and possibly the Boreal Forests world wide. Likely the tiniest breeding population which would render them all inbred and sickly. But, you never know. They may take refuge in some extremely remote area, and have such a healthy fear of man they are only glimpsed very rarely.

There had to have been other eagles like the Haast's eagle on most continents.

I have never seen one and hope I never do. After watching a bald eagle pursue my dog, talons outstretched, I have a really healthy respect for those feet! It's not the beak it's the feet!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AutumnW For This Post:

Bill Ryan (14th September 2019), Peter UK (14th September 2019), Sunny-side-up (15th September 2019)

3. Link to Post #22
    Thanks
    Thanked 262,183 times in 19,204 posts

Quote Posted by AutumnW (here)

Haast's Eagle is a brain-aneurysm inducing species of gigantic man-eating winged monstrosities that became notorious among the Maori tribes of pre-colonial New Zealand thanks to their horrific propensity to silently dive-bomb down from the tree tops in absolute silence, crush the skulls of 450-pound beasts like a Volkswagen driving over a soda can, then fly off into the darkness clutching the tribe's women and children in a fist full of razor-sharp 4-inch talons so they could be slowly and painfully shredded to death at the beast's leisure.

This is not a myth or a legend. This is a real thing that actually lived on Earth-One's material plane as late as 1600 AD.

http://www.badassoftheweek.com/haasteagle.html
    The thunderbird is probably related to this creature and is likely extinct now, for the most part. If they are alive, it would be in a densely forested area, like British Columbia and possibly the Boreal Forests world wide. Likely the tiniest breeding population which would render them all inbred and sickly. But, you never know. They may take refuge in some extremely remote area, and have such a healthy fear of man they are only glimpsed very rarely.

There had to have been other eagles like the Haast's eagle on most continents.

I have never seen one and hope I never do. After watching a bald eagle pursue my dog, talons outstretched, I have a really healthy respect for those feet! It's not the beak it's the feet!
    ~~~

That's pretty interesting. 1600 AD isn't very long ago. This image shows Haast's eagle on the right. (On the left is a Moa.)

And here's a recreation of the thing:

Last edited by Bill Ryan; 14th September 2019 at 21:30.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Peter UK (14th September 2019), Sunny-side-up (15th September 2019), TelosianEmbrace (15th September 2019), Yoda (15th September 2019)

5. Link to Post #23
    United States Avalon Member Ratszinger's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,458 times in 426 posts

The largest species of the late Cretaceous Pteranodon attained wingspans of up to 30 feet, much larger than any flying birds alive today. By comparison, Pterodactylus (which lived tens of millions of years earlier) was a relative runt, the wingspans of the largest individuals spanning only eight feet or so (and most species boasting wingspans of only two or three feet, well within the current avian range.) There was much less difference in the weight of these pterosaurs; both were extremely light, in order to generate the maximal amount of lift needed to fly.

Interesting tidbits if interested! Quetzalcoatlus, a late Cretaceous pterosaur with a wingspan of 35 to 40 feet (about the size of a small plane). Fittingly, Quetzalcoatlus was named after Quetzalcoatl, the flying, feathered god of the Aztecs. (By the way, Quetzalcoatlus may itself one day be supplanted in the record books by Hatzegopteryx, a comparably sized pterosaur represented by frustratingly fragmentary fossil remains!)

https://www.thoughtco.com/things-to-...actyls-1093797
    The genius consistently stands out from the masses in that he unconsciously anticipates truths of which the population as a whole only later becomes conscious! Speech-circa 1937

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ratszinger For This Post:

Bill Ryan (14th September 2019), Peter UK (14th September 2019), Reinhard (15th September 2019), Sunny-side-up (15th September 2019), TelosianEmbrace (15th September 2019)

7. Link to Post #24
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,037 times in 3,277 posts

Hi The Crimson Horse Blanket sounds like you had quite a close encounter.

Just wondering is you could describe the creature in more detail:

What was it's head like?
    What was it's body like?
    Was it bird, reptile or ?
    I'm a simple easy going guy that is very upset/sad with the worlds hidden controllers!
    We need LEADERS who bat from the HEART!
    Rise up above them Dark evil doers, not within anger but with LOVE

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sunny-side-up For This Post:

Bill Ryan (15th September 2019), Peter UK (Yesterday), TelosianEmbrace (15th September 2019)

9. Link to Post #25
    Avalon Member The Crimson Horse Blanket's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,021 times in 305 posts

Quote Posted by Sunny-side-up (here)
    Hi The Crimson Horse Blanket sounds like you had quite a close encounter.

Just wondering is you could describe the creature in more detail:

What was it's head like?
    What was it's body like?
    Was it bird, reptile or ?

It was a hot summers late evening, 10 - 10:30pm, and I was sat near an open first floor window of a beautiful barn-conversion that was part of a rural farm that had recently been developed into high-end living. Being it was in the countryside, it was very peaceful and quiet, especially at that time of night......... I don't know how long I was listening, but I suddenly became aware of a dog/dogs barking, in distress. I got up and put my head out of the window and looked to my left, where the sound was coming from, which was behind a thicket of trees about 80-odd ft to my left.

I then saw this 'thing' just rise-up, vertically, to about 10ft above the tops of the trees....... It just looked like a dirty-white mass of something, It then beat it's wings once and was level with me and about 15ft away....... It's head reminded me of a seals and was the size of a large dog's, but it had a beak like a puffin, or a parrot, which was black. It's eyes were just pools of black and I did not want to look into them. I then became aware of it's wings going up again, that's when I saw that they were like leather, and it gave one flap and was gone, it's wings were about 8ft long each......... I looked after it and it travelled an impossible distance on one flap of the wings, and then that was that, it was gone from my line of site. I didn't get a good look at the rest of the body...... It was head, beak, eyes, wings, then gone.

One of the crazy things is, my partner at the time was no more than 10ft away from me when this took place. I didn't shout for her to come and look, I didn't even tell her about it afterwards, or since. I found myself many a time, even years later, looking up and in trees when I've been alone in the countryside, walking, driving, whatever. It's not like I live in some wilderness, where I am is only a small island, 9 miles by 5.

But, and this is what I've come round to thinking since the event, where I am is well known for the dark arts. There are plenty of covens who practice, I've seen with my own eyes some of these sites after certain dates, the egg shells, toads, evidence of sacrifice....... This place is also well connected to elite paedophillia and trafficking. What I saw I now believe to have been demonic rather than pre-historic.
    Last edited by The Crimson Horse Blanket; 15th September 2019 at 13:28.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to The Crimson Horse Blanket For This Post:

Bill Ryan (15th September 2019), Peter UK (Yesterday), TelosianEmbrace (Yesterday), Valerie Villars (15th September 2019)

11. Link to Post #26
    United States Avalon Member Ratszinger's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,458 times in 426 posts

What timing! Flying Dragons!
    The genius consistently stands out from the masses in that he unconsciously anticipates truths of which the population as a whole only later becomes conscious! Speech-circa 1937

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ratszinger For This Post:

Bill Ryan (Yesterday), Peter UK (Yesterday)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2