+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Present and Future.

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,133 times in 173 posts

Default Present and Future.

I've been thinking about how humanity could evolve. But also thought about what our descendants take from our current present.

What do we leave behind as the middle generation? I call it middle generation, as we experienced and experienced both. Both some of us have experienced wars. Then came the post-war period when many people around the world joined forces for a long time.

They joined together, no matter what descent, what ethics, or religion. Yet they did, and this world rebuilt our earth. We have all, without exception all witnessed what wars can trigger.

Some have fought for freedom, for the future of our children, for our descendants. For that they deserve respect and applause !!!

So the middle generation has told the generation that was born after the wars to tell us, shared their experiences so that we could learn from them. So we do not make the same mistakes as the generations before us.

Now my question that I ask myself and which is also addressed to you. What are we leaving behind for the next generation? At present, we live in a generation of different strata and ages. We send people, rockets, probes into space.

We live in a digital world, computers, smartphones, and much more. The older generation is no longer with us. This is a pity, but we can not and should not stop the passage of time, the modern one.

So what's left of the generation we're in now for the future generation? History, records, databases, what else?

Every child grows up in a digital world. When these children reach the age of 10-15, we notice the older generation that we are the ones to learn from our children. That's the passage of time.

But apart from history, narratives, experiences, what does the generation of the future take from the middle generation?

We all know that children learn very quickly. If I remember that it was allowed in my time that the teachers were allowed to beat children. This is no longer possible today. I can not say that it was "better in the past, but it was not worse".

So what do we leave as the middle generation, of our descendants?
    Iyakum
    All the questions we have, all the answers we are looking for, about the meaning of life. Mother Nature, she has already answered, we just have to read it.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Iyakum For This Post:

Bill Ryan (15th September 2019), EFO (29th September 2019), Kotch (15th September 2019), Peter UK (15th September 2019), Sadieblue (16th September 2019), Victoria (15th September 2019), yelik (16th September 2019), Zampano (16th September 2019)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks

Default Re: Present and Future.

give yourself the breathing space you need - there is nothing to fear because everything will fall in its correct place when the time is right
    whatever the mind can conceive it can achieve

4. The Following User Says Thank You to vander For This Post:

EFO (29th September 2019)

5. Link to Post #3
    On Sabbatical
    Language
    None
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,830 times in 3,335 posts

Quote Posted by Iyakum (here)
    I've been thinking about how humanity could evolve. But also thought about what our descendants take from our current present.

What do we leave behind as the middle generation? I call it middle generation, as we experienced and experienced both. Both some of us have experienced wars. Then came the post-war period when many people around the world joined forces for a long time.

They joined together, no matter what descent, what ethics, or religion. Yet they did, and this world rebuilt our earth. We have all, without exception all witnessed what wars can trigger.

Some have fought for freedom, for the future of our children, for our descendants. For that they deserve respect and applause !!!

So the middle generation has told the generation that was born after the wars to tell us, shared their experiences so that we could learn from them. So we do not make the same mistakes as the generations before us.

Now my question that I ask myself and which is also addressed to you. What are we leaving behind for the next generation? At present, we live in a generation of different strata and ages. We send people, rockets, probes into space.

We live in a digital world, computers, smartphones, and much more. The older generation is no longer with us. This is a pity, but we can not and should not stop the passage of time, the modern one.

So what's left of the generation we're in now for the future generation? History, records, databases, what else?

Every child grows up in a digital world. When these children reach the age of 10-15, we notice the older generation that we are the ones to learn from our children. That's the passage of time.

But apart from history, narratives, experiences, what does the generation of the future take from the middle generation?

We all know that children learn very quickly. If I remember that it was allowed in my time that the teachers were allowed to beat children. This is no longer possible today. I can not say that it was "better in the past, but it was not worse".

So what do we leave as the middle generation, of our descendants?

Hello,

Would like to add that my point of view

As i see it "We live in a digital world, computers, smartphones, and much more" says more than what it seems

I think we could say that people used to live in a very different world, then that older generation created things like transistors, nuclear power and tons of other things that set a solid base for the current world

Then your generation created the world on top of what your previous generation left for you, now we live in this world and we are supposed to create an even better world based on what you leave

I think that makes a lot of sense, there's like a lot of knowledge built up from previous generations and being applied in incredible ways, so i can reuse a lot of that knowledge and build on top of it, it makes me feel exited and makes my mind run crazy with ideas most days, so i think the most important thing the middle generation will leave is the knowledge that you can do everything better and you have already provided tools to do that.

I mean the impossible became possible, right? We can do all kind of crazy amazing things now. It's so abstracted that what would take years before, now it can be done in 1 hour, like video calls and other stuff like that. So, to me it's more like, what use will the next generation give to those tools and knowledge you leave?
    Last edited by Mashika; 3rd October 2019 at 00:07.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mashika For This Post:

EFO (7th October 2019), PurpleLama (3rd October 2019), RogueEllis (3rd October 2019), Sadieblue (3rd October 2019)

7. Link to Post #4
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,671 times in 266 posts

Good points. I'm going to swing the other way, though, and say we're leaving an earth of depleted resources and a food supply poisoned with chemicals.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to RogueEllis For This Post:

EFO (7th October 2019)

9. Link to Post #5
    On Sabbatical
    Language
    None
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,830 times in 3,335 posts

Yes, i feel that

As i've been growing up and figuring some things out i can tell things are different. But some people's mistakes don't represent the entire world i guess?

Also well mistakes were made, we all know that, but there's still time to figure something out

I know i'm willing to change my future and if i ever get to have kids i want them to grow in a different world than mine

If we had talked one year ago i would probably have gone hating previous generations because of how the current world is all messed up and how i missed enjoying all those things they had.

I think different these days, i'm not going to earn or change anything but wasting time thinking about it, it's already done

So i just want to see what's next and what can be done to fix it or at least make it better

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mashika For This Post:

EFO (7th October 2019), PurpleLama (3rd October 2019), Sadieblue (3rd October 2019)

+ Reply to Thread