+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Observations of past accepted beliefs that don't make sense...

1. Link to Post #1
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,586 times in 1,720 posts

Default Observations of past accepted beliefs that don't make sense...

There can not be a god as portrayed in the Bible. In the Old testament god said, "I am a jealous god..." IMO If that was a real god speaking this god would be way above being jealous. This would be a human process to control the people.
    God was said to have walked in the garden of Edan, in the "cool of the evening" just like a human would, before this god expelled Adam and Eve from the garden for disobeying his demands. Not very godlike.

He created man first, what with no forethought of what this man would be or do?
    Then god thought that man should have a companion. Did Adam have a penis at this point? You know where this leads to. Its kind of obvious.

( Of course all this has been hashed out a million times and needs to be again.)
    TBC
    Question Everything, always speak truth... Make the best of today, for there may not be a tomorrow!!! But, that's OK because tomorrow never comes, so we have nothing to worry about!!!

2. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to East Sun For This Post:

Baby Steps (18th September 2019), Bill Ryan (18th September 2019), Forest Denizen (18th September 2019), greybeard (18th September 2019), Hervé (18th September 2019), Jayke (18th September 2019), Mark (Star Mariner) (18th September 2019), Mike (18th September 2019), O Donna (18th September 2019), shaberon (18th September 2019), thepainterdoug (18th September 2019), Tintin (18th September 2019), toppy (18th September 2019), Valerie Villars (18th September 2019), wondering (17th September 2019), yelik (18th September 2019)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 459,752 times in 32,946 posts

Default Re: Observations of past accepted beliefs that don't make sense...

An interesting note here. There's really quite a lot of evidence that the New Testament God and the Old Testament Jehovah were two totally different entities.

The Gnostics certainly held that to be true, asserting that the Old Testament God was an imposter: the Demiurge. I'd tend to agree.

4. The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Baby Steps (18th September 2019), conk (20th September 2019), East Sun (18th September 2019), gord (19th September 2019), greybeard (18th September 2019), Hervé (18th September 2019), Jayke (18th September 2019), Mark (Star Mariner) (18th September 2019), Mike (18th September 2019), O Donna (18th September 2019), onevoice (18th September 2019), PurpleLama (20th September 2019), shaberon (18th September 2019), sllim11 (18th September 2019), Sue (Ayt) (18th September 2019), Sunny-side-up (19th September 2019), Tintin (18th September 2019), toppy (18th September 2019), Valerie Villars (18th September 2019), Victoria (19th September 2019), Yoda (18th September 2019)

5. Link to Post #3
    United States Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,947 times in 1,689 posts

The old testament gods were the Anunnaki who combined their DNA with that of some Earth creature and then created two sexes so that the Anunnaki women could cease to bear the new creation using their wombs; the new creations would be able to procreate on their own when a way to separate the sexes was found. The "Garden of Eden" would not be able to handle a population explosion and so I believe the story about the snake, etc., was an allegory.

Greg Hallet has written about the three Jesus's. The one who suffered on the cross, Jesus of London and Jesus of the Algarve (Portugal) whose existence is still celebrated there. I believe he said Gabriel was Jesus father (a guess!). He came in a UFO seen by the Shepherds. In the Garden where Jesus prayed to his Father before the crucifixion, he was lifted up into the sky where a bright light was shined on him. There were two other beings there. I believe they were triplets of Jesus or all clones of the Father who announced "This is my Son in whom I am well pleased." They were all his son. Jesus was raised by those in the UFO and those others recently deceased in the graveyard were also raised by the RAY put out by the UFO. Jesus said to Mary that he could not be touched until he ascended to his Father (in the UFO), because he was electrically charged. They probably both would have died if she touched him.

According to this story, Jesus went to Pakistan or Tibet where he married and had a son and his grave is known. It is his Father and/or Jesus Spirit Being beyond the body to whom we appeal. Jesus said to his disciples, "If you see me, you see the Father. The Father and I are one." That would be true if they were triplet clones of the Father, "Three in One." Apparently Kerry Cassidy knows more about this story and where to read it than I do. Perhaps Bill can ask her to help us with the story's source.

Oh! The UFO is supposed to have come from Venus which is supposedly inhabited. The Government, as usual, has LIED to us all about Venus being a boiling pot of sulfuric acid, a good way to keep the cultures apart.
    Last edited by amor; 18th September 2019 at 04:54.

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to amor For This Post:

East Sun (18th September 2019), greybeard (18th September 2019), Jayke (18th September 2019), shaberon (18th September 2019), Sunny-side-up (19th September 2019), toppy (18th September 2019), yelik (18th September 2019)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,159 times in 1,663 posts

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    An interesting note here. There's really quite a lot of evidence that the New Testament God and the Old Testament Jehovah were two totally different entities.

The Gnostics certainly held that to be true, asserting that the Old Testament God was an imposter: the Demiurge. I'd tend to agree.
    I can see where such a analysis like that arises from.

Think of them as character masks (old vs. new) with neither capturing completely the essence of what they reportedly capture within said scriptures.

Old vs. New. "Same, same, but different, but still same."

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to O Donna For This Post:

Bill Ryan (18th September 2019), East Sun (18th September 2019), greybeard (18th September 2019), Jayke (18th September 2019), shaberon (18th September 2019), toppy (18th September 2019), Valerie Villars (18th September 2019)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,188 times in 4,074 posts

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)

The writers of the Old Testament are, themselves, impostors. It was redacted a few times until the main final one being Ezra in Second Temple period. The caste of followers was also re-made multiple times, and for instance Edomites freely entered Judea and intermarried. This is "ritually unclean", although Judea was not physically destroyed at the time, on a "covenant" basis, it was erased.

However if you boil it (Genesis) down and clean it, I think it is true. A Breath really did move on the Waters of the Deep, and it definitely is not god in the normal sense of the word. For one thing it could not possibly have had the 5th century Gothic word "god" involved with it, whatever that means. If seen more in the light of "We, the Elohim" instead of monotheism, then it starts working better.

The New Testament arguably has multiple theologies as well, Pauline, etc. Similarly, I would hold there was a real Jesus who was born Ebionite and raised Therapeutae, that did not start a church. What he and his friends did was to go to the worst part of town and look for sick, hungry, homeless people, to help them unquestioningly. If that is not what one does, one can hardly be called a follower.

I agree the whole scheme has very many specific issues, against which, many specific counter-arguments stand stronger. Plus, it is hard to get around genocide aimed at others because of what they think. If a person chooses to have their subconscious dictated to them by the Scofield Concordance, that does not mean I need to harm them or project unpleasant emotions.

10. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to shaberon For This Post:

Bill Ryan (18th September 2019), Cara (18th September 2019), East Sun (18th September 2019), greybeard (18th September 2019), Hervé (18th September 2019), Jayke (18th September 2019), O Donna (19th September 2019), toppy (18th September 2019), Valerie Villars (18th September 2019)

11. Link to Post #6
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,863 times in 11,839 posts

The Late Dr David Hawkins the author of "Power vs Force" did muscle testing on the Bible and found that apart from Genesis ,Psalms, and Proverbs the Old Testament had a very low spiritual vibration.
    Genesis was probably true.
    The New Testament was of a high spiritual vibration.
    Hawkins worked out a scale of Consciousness which is interesting.
    https://veritaspub.com/
    https://personalexcellence.co/blog/m...consciousness/
    Chris
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Bill Ryan (18th September 2019), East Sun (18th September 2019), Hervé (18th September 2019), Jayke (18th September 2019), sllim11 (19th September 2019), Sue (Ayt) (18th September 2019), toppy (18th September 2019), Valerie Villars (18th September 2019)

13. Link to Post #7
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,833 times in 1,617 posts

The Old Testament has stories copied from the Vedic literature, like the story of Adam and Eve. How about the story of Atma and Jiva...
    Quote Tree of Jiva and Atman
    Read in another language
    Watch
    Edit
    The Tree of Jiva and Atman appears in the Vedic scriptures concerning the soul.

The Rig Veda samhita 1.164.20-22, Mundaka Upanishad 3.1.1-2, and Svetasvatara Upanisad 4.6-7, speak of two birds, one perched on the branch of the tree, which signifies the body, and eating its fruit, the other merely watching.

Rig Veda samhita says:

1.164.20 Two birds associated together, and mutual friends, take refuge in the same tree; one of them eats the sweet fig; the other abstaining from food, merely looks on.

1.164.21 Where the smooth-gliding rays, cognizant, distil the perpetual portion of water; there has the Lord and steadfast protector all beings accepted me, though immature in wisdom.

1.164.22 In the tree into which the smooth-gliding rays feeders on the sweet, enters, and again bring forth light over all, they have called the fruit sweet, but he partakes not of it who knows not the protector of the universe.

The first bird represents a Jiva, or individual self, or soul. She has a female nature, being a shakti, an energy of God. When the jiva becomes distracted by the fruits (signifying sensual pleasure), she momentarily forgets her lord and lover and tries to enjoy the fruit independently of him. This separating forgetfulness is maha-maya, or enthrallment, spiritual death, and constitutes the fall of the jiva into the world of material birth, death, disease and old age.

The second bird is the Paramatman, an aspect of God who accompanies every living being in the heart while she remains in the material world. He is the support of all beings and is beyond sensual pleasure.
    Was Abraham really just a Brahman that went rogue?

14. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Jayke For This Post:

Bill Ryan (18th September 2019), Caliban (18th September 2019), East Sun (18th September 2019), gord (19th September 2019), greybeard (18th September 2019), Hervé (18th September 2019), Mark (Star Mariner) (18th September 2019), O Donna (19th September 2019), toppy (18th September 2019), Valerie Villars (18th September 2019)

15. Link to Post #8
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 95,902 times in 15,481 posts

Related:
    • Quote ... according to Gmirkin, the Hebrew texts are a translation and modification of the Greek texts from around 270 BC... a long way for those words for 'em being from "God."
    • Deuteronomy - Blueprint for NWO?
    "La réalité est un rêve que l'on fait atterrir" San Antonio AKA F. Dard

Troll-hood motto: Never, ever, however, whatsoever, to anyone, a point concede.

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

East Sun (18th September 2019), gord (19th September 2019), greybeard (18th September 2019), Jayke (18th September 2019), toppy (18th September 2019), Valerie Villars (18th September 2019)

17. Link to Post #9
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,119 times in 2,425 posts

Before the 20th Century the word "jealous" was used in a way that we would now use the word "suspicious." As in, "I am a suspicious God." Not sure that changes any points being made in this thread.

18. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Satori For This Post:

Caliban (18th September 2019), East Sun (18th September 2019), gord (19th September 2019), greybeard (18th September 2019), Jayke (18th September 2019), O Donna (19th September 2019), onevoice (19th September 2019), PurpleLama (20th September 2019), toppy (18th September 2019)

19. Link to Post #10
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,528 times in 642 posts

The Old Testament is a nutso collection of writings, some sublime and uplifting, some sublime and depressing, some purely depressing and dismaying.

You've got the big J urging/condoing genocide, incest, fratricide, and often stomping around like a two year old on a Skittles high.

But in terms of literature, not much can touch the best of the OT. Look at Eccclesiates...Psalms...the stories of David and Absalom in Kings and Chronicles. Job! There's good reasons why so many writers have taken their inspiration from the OT. (GOThrones can't touch it) And the poetry of the King James version is delightful to read aloud.

Agreed that the NT is of a "higher" spiritual vibration. But much of it is obscure for modern readers...how many interpretations do you get? Endless. Many of those parables seem to have been time specific. Will they know in a thousand years if a teacher spoke now of the idiocy and absurdity of Reality TV?

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Caliban For This Post:

East Sun (18th September 2019), greybeard (18th September 2019), Jayke (18th September 2019), O Donna (19th September 2019), toppy (18th September 2019)

21. Link to Post #11
    Language
    English
    Thanks

But, are we getting any smarter and have we learned much in the 2,000 years since the time of Jesus, if indeed he was what most Christians
    believe him to be. I am beginning to believe we are dumbed down more through tv and the media and young people especially, to the point that we are almost zombies.

OK there are very smart people everywhere but, are they smart in the right way?
    Back to topic...

Things back then often did not make sense but people believed them. Take Ezekiel in the desert confronted by a flying machine that he had no comprehension of. He saw them as gods of course because of their "magical" abilities. But they gave him instructions etc which he followed. If ETs were to come down and pick someone, as they may have done would we see them as gods. No, I don't think so.
    So, maybe we have advanced to some degree.

If ETs don't give us assistance I fear we are lost.
    WE are dumbed down thro our food, water, air and electronic devices to mention a few.

WE need to wake up and soon...……...
    Question Everything, always speak truth... Make the best of today, for there may not be a tomorrow!!! But, that's OK because tomorrow never comes, so we have nothing to worry about!!!

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to East Sun For This Post:

O Donna (19th September 2019), wondering (19th September 2019)

23. Link to Post #12
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,159 times in 1,663 posts

Quote Posted by East Sun (here)
    WE need to wake up and soon...……...
    This world seems to be increasingly set-up to resist the true awakening. The information age has a way of burying wonderful insight regarding the human condition with the next 'new' news, next 'new' book, next 'new' diet craze, and so one and so forth.

At times I feel like, at least western civilization, is in some sort of perpetual free fall. Perhaps that is an inaccurate perception. I hope so, I generally prefer to look at the brighter side of life.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to O Donna For This Post:

East Sun (20th September 2019)

25. Link to Post #13
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

delete it all.
    Last edited by Kamikaze; 13th November 2020 at 18:15.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Kamikaze For This Post:

East Sun (20th September 2019)

27. Link to Post #14
    United States Avalon Member conk's Avatar
    Language
    Southern English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,146 times in 2,998 posts

Quote Posted by greybeard (here)
    The Late Dr David Hawkins the author of "Power vs Force" did muscle testing on the Bible and found that apart from Genesis ,Psalms, and Proverbs the Old Testament had a very low spiritual vibration.
    Chris
    Hawkins said that Revelations was of the lowest level of awareness, to totally discard it.
    The quantum field responds not to what we want; but to who we are being. Dr. Joe Dispenza

28. The Following User Says Thank You to conk For This Post:

greybeard (20th September 2019)

29. Link to Post #15
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,614 times in 5,382 posts

I keep going back to the enamu elish, the oldest written historical text of the creation myth. The Vedic texts of creation are also borrowed from this work, as is the Abrahamic accounts of creation.

What fascinates me is not the god part of the myth, I'm over all that nonsense (not really, but I wish I was, and intend to be).

The story of Tiamat fascinates me because it seems to address so many of the observed unexplained phenomena in the solar system. There was a lot of upheaval in the recent past, 1 - 10 million years ago, again at a guess.

But the clincher for me is the tectonic movement on our planet. There is no evidence for it on the other rocky planets. In fact the most popular method of venting cooling gasses out of the interior of rocky cores is to develop several volcanic vents around the globe and vent the heat from those. In contrast, our planet's crust is in movement, responding to a circular pressure and Coriolis forces (imagine, spell check does not know this word).

But if our planet had been struck by another large body, and a chunk torn out of her, this is exactly what you would expect - massive planet-wide crustal displacement. It would take millions of years for the wound to heal over. And the side opposite the side hit would have to move to cover the molten inner crust. This movement would cause a secondary rift to form that would release upwelling molten rock as the continents drifted apart. This is the Atlantic ridge. The Pacific is where the lost chunk of our planet was removed.

The stories we have been told since are cover-ups. The god myth was emphasized to counter tales of ancient aliens, who themselves were part of the war that blew Tiamat to bits.

I keep quiet about these musings because they are not well received. But there has been no other data that even remotely fits the facts except for the remarkable story contained in the enuma elish - the oldest recorded history of the solar system.

gods and their antics are just distractions...
    Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water...Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. Bruce Lee

Free will can only be as free as the mind that conceives it.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

31. Link to Post #16
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Ive read recently that Saturn in fact hit the Earth at one point in time--cant remember where I got that.
    May be so.
    chris

32. Link to Post #17
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by conk (here)
    Chris
    Hawkins said that Revelations was of the lowest level of awareness, to totally discard it.
    Yes thats correct Conk thanks for reminding me.
    He said Revelations was channeled from the lower astral.
    Is it not amazing that so many branches/churches of Christianity are hooked on Revelations, the love of Jesus seems side lined.
    He--The Christ, spoke only of Unconditional Love.
    So much in the late Dr David Hawkins books.

I went to America to his Seminar "Living the Prayer"
    I hung about after most had gone from the conference room--he came out to greet the remainers.

He shook my hand--now here is the thing--up till then I had an intense fear of heights --I could not even stand on a chair without breaking into a sweat with panic.
    That evening I went up in a Cauresole (cant spell) -no reaction--no fear.
    I did not ask for a "healing" but for sure it happened.
    Healing can happen spontaneously in the energy field of an advanced soul.

Chris

33. The Following User Says Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

conk (24th September 2019)

34. Link to Post #18
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,119 times in 2,425 posts

Quote Posted by Satori (here)
    Before the 20th Century the word "jealous" was used in a way that we would now use the word "suspicious." As in, "I am a suspicious God." Not sure that changes any points being made in this thread.
    "Jealous" was also used to mean "protective" or "vigilant". As in "I am a protective God." Or "I am a vigilant God."

(OK, I'm done now.)

35. The Following User Says Thank You to Satori For This Post:

36. Link to Post #19
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Let me throw in the Zachariah Sitchin's "version" of our creation which has some validity, of course, where we would have some
    of the Anannaki (sp) DNA but only enough to make us still be slaves to them.

But where have they been since that time?
    Exploring the universe for more gold?

37. The Following User Says Thank You to East Sun For This Post:

38. Link to Post #20
    United States Avalon Member conk's Avatar
    Language
    Southern English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,146 times in 2,998 posts

Quote Posted by conk (here)
    Chris
    Yes thats correct Conk thanks for reminding me.
    He said Revelations was channeled from the lower astral.
    Is it not amazing that so many branches/churches of Christianity are hooked on Revelations, the love of Jesus seems side lined.
    He--The Christ, spoke only of Unconditional Love.
    So much in the late Dr David Hawkins books.

I went to America to his Seminar "Living the Prayer"
    I hung about after most had gone from the conference room--he came out to greet the remainers.

He shook my hand--now here is the thing--up till then I had an intense fear of heights --I could not even stand on a chair without breaking into a sweat with panic.
    That evening I went up in a Cauresole (cant spell) -no reaction--no fear.
    I did not ask for a "healing" but for sure it happened.
    Healing can happen spontaneously in the energy field of an advanced soul.

Chris
    Chris, you know as well as I that you were in the presence of supreme awareness. Dr. Hawkins was a man of unusually high consciousness. The proximity to him was the healing agent. Most people with his advanced awareness chose to die, because the amount of energy at that level is almost unbearable.
    The quantum field responds not to what we want; but to who we are being. Dr. Joe Dispenza

+ Reply to Thread