+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The secret of immortality

1. Link to Post #21
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,330 times in 2,365 posts

Default Re: The secret of immortality

Quote Posted by Ernie Nemeth (here)
    Iyakum I feel you. When I was sixteen I decided I would teach the world that it is possible to live forever and never get old.

By the time I was thirty just the mere thought of living forever scared the crap out of me. How could I survive the assaults on my sensibilities for eternity? I realized that this is not my world, not even close. And that by living forever I would never experience the joy of reuniting with my Creator!

I modified my original plan and decided I would live a healthy full life - and die in my sleep. That is now my plan and I am well on my way to accomplishing it. Health is really the most we can hope for in this world anyway. Death is just a reprieve. It will soon start again, for most.

Myself, if I have anything to say about it, will never take a body again. I can do more good on the other side where my memories are intact and I know who I am.
    The idea is to get your memories intact while here in the body. It seems that not much is accomplished between lives other than a rest from life. If reincarnation is mandatory, which it probably is, the best you can do in this life is to rehabilitate your soul so that your next life will be free of the spiritual issues you faced in this life, including amnesia of previous lives.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TomKat For This Post:

Franny (20th September 2019), greybeard (19th September 2019), Iyakum (19th September 2019), Mark (Star Mariner) (24th September 2019), Valerie Villars (19th September 2019)

3. Link to Post #22
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,330 times in 2,365 posts

Quote Posted by Slobbe (here)
    Quote Posted by greybeard (here)
    You didn't die the last time either Stobbe--the body did.
    You are eternal according to the Enlightened
    Its good to follow the teaching of The Christ.
    Chris
    Yes, the body died loads of times before. But this time my body won't die.

Eternal is the soul, but the combination of soul and spirit is not, as long as the reincarnation cycle continues. When the body dies, the soul and spirit separate. With the Spirit of God connected, the combination of soul and spirit remains and is not separated. That will make that you don't change character and don't forget. Which is an important factor if you like who you are now. Your body will, once glorified, receive an upgrade to be able to de-materialize and materialize at will.
    I'd like to believe this, but where will you be receiving this upgrade from?
    If body death is the result of unawareness or lies regarding the soul/body connection, then if those are dissolved or resolved, might the result be what you describe?

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TomKat For This Post:

greybeard (19th September 2019), Iyakum (19th September 2019), petra (19th September 2019)

5. Link to Post #23
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,372 times in 1,413 posts

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    The real issue is the amnesia. People who want to have immortal bodies are often just trying to solve the amnesia problem. If that just wasn't there, death (and rebirth!) really would just be a simple, totally-non-scary thing.
    Thanks Bill, I'll try to consider this the next time my friend tells me he wants to download his consciousness into a robot.

Personally, the idea of immortality scares the crap out of me. I'd probably consider it if I was also immune to torture, because I really don't feel like I'd want to be tortured forever

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to petra For This Post:

greybeard (19th September 2019), Iyakum (19th September 2019)

7. Link to Post #24
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,133 times in 173 posts

First thanks to @greybird, through his words, I just had an enlightenment.

If there is really a reincarnation after which our bodies die.
    So we assume that there is a rebirth. So it can only be the energy that we call soul. This energy floats in space and time, waiting for reincarnation, rebirth. But because we as living people have gained knowledge and experience.

Are we not able to take this knowledge with us when we are born again? Because the newborn baby, child can not handle this amount of information. By that I mean, all our knowledge, all experiences, sorrow, positive, emotions, feelings and also losses. That would not be able to cope with a newborn, let alone be able to process it.

My personal opinion is. The 1st in a reincarnation the knowledge we had was deleted. Then 2. I think that's also the reason why some or many remember a life before their lives. That's just a guess. But still one that is very close. I mean all the members here at Avalon have memories of a previous life.

So where do these memories come from and why are some of them just fragments and maybe more with others? This could create gaps that we are trying to fill. I mean, that's why we're here, right?
    Iyakum
    All the questions we have, all the answers we are looking for, about the meaning of life. Mother Nature, she has already answered, we just have to read it.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Iyakum For This Post:

greybeard (19th September 2019)

9. Link to Post #25
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Iyakum (here)
    Unfortunately there is a lot of suffering on earth. Sorry that even someone of the immortal can never solve alone. I do not know if God is capable of this. I know that many people want to do good and maybe think like me. At some point we will be able to achieve immortality, which is probably in the distant future. I just keep looking for it, let's see what happens.
    Feels like all I do is "Wait and see"..
    As for God being capable, I don't think God is magic either, but I do think God is suffering along with us. I don't believe that suffering is required in order to evolve, to me that's a load of BS.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to petra For This Post:

greybeard (19th September 2019), Iyakum (19th September 2019)

11. Link to Post #26
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

My personal opinion is. The 1st in a reincarnation the knowledge we had was deleted. Then 2. I think that's also the reason why some or many remember a life before their lives. That's just a guess. But still one that is very close. I mean all the members here at Avalon have memories of a previous life.

So where do these memories come from and why are some of them just fragments and maybe more with others? This could create gaps that we are trying to fill. I mean, that's why we're here, right?
    Personally I feel as if I'm on my 1st incarnation, and I'd be surprised if anyone else on PA feels similar. I have dreams I am someone/something else, but they don't feel like past life experiences - they feel fake.

I think it's possible that souls could be 'grouping up', and the reason why I think so is because it feels as if I am "dreaming somebody else's dreams". Some of my dreams are so ridiculous, creepy or obscure that I have a really hard time believing they are coming from ME.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to petra For This Post:

greybeard (19th September 2019), Iyakum (19th September 2019), Sue (Ayt) (19th September 2019), Sunny-side-up (19th September 2019)

13. Link to Post #27
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,119 times in 3,951 posts

Hi Iyakum

I think for 'Immortality and or very long life spans' you need to have your tampered with DNA reset/repaired.

We have been limited down, we should all be able to live longer.
    Add to that nowadays we are all being slowly, intentionally killed off.

So 0,o
    I'm a simple easy going guy that is very upset/sad with the worlds hidden controllers!
    We need LEADERS who bat from the HEART!
    Rise up above them Dark evil doers, not within anger but with LOVE

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sunny-side-up For This Post:

greybeard (19th September 2019), Iyakum (19th September 2019), Valerie Villars (19th September 2019)

15. Link to Post #28
    Thanks

Quote Posted by petra (here)

Personally I feel as if I'm on my 1st incarnation, and I'd be surprised if anyone else on PA feels similar. I have dreams I am someone/something else, but they don't feel like past life experiences - they feel fake.

I think it's possible that souls could be 'grouping up', and the reason why I think so is because it feels as if I am "dreaming somebody else's dreams". Some of my dreams are so ridiculous, creepy or obscure that I have a really hard time believing they are coming from ME.
    @ petra,

I feel you.

Petra, I know it feels weird and strange when you think you dream someone else's dream. That the dream is not meant for you, but you still perceive it and that intensely. Have you thought about writing down these dreams, that could be very important to you.

Since Friday the 06.09 I dream the same dream every night. It does not always happen the same in the dream. I can see myself, I speak, I see the surroundings and others, especially two people, talk to me. Each of the dreams is different. In each one I have to learn, understand, search and discover something. They are strange dreams, yet they do not stop. This annoys so slowly, in every dream I come closer to the solution. So it's not boring.

Also, I think that my dreams are sent to me with full intention. So there must be something that is able to send me those dreams. I can not do anything about it, so I let it happen.
    Iyakum
    All the questions we have, all the answers we are looking for, about the meaning of life. Mother Nature, she has already answered, we just have to read it.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Iyakum For This Post:

greybeard (19th September 2019), petra (23rd September 2019)

17. Link to Post #29
    United States Moderator Sue (Ayt)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,536 times in 2,553 posts

This is a great discussion here! Thanks Iyakum for starting it.

These thoughts may sound rather child-like to some, but from a “Sethian” view, we might consider simultaneous time and space as to the subject, along with the concept of Oversoul. I think I remember a diagram from Jane Robert’s books that depicts a circle (oversoul) with a number of off-shoots, with each offshoot being a {human?} consciousness. The whole grouping being actually in the eternal NOW.

So, if we step out of the time concept… well - each little offshoot is contributing to the development of the oversoul NOW. Plus - as I remember, the Oversouls themselves are offshoots of yet a higher and larger oversoul. (Seth II, in the books) And so on, and so on, and so on… (most likely leading to the whole banana, which we are All In.)

Anyway - thinking of these concepts has led me to meditations where I try to imagine zooming out and connecting upward to that Oversoul, and sometimes then zooming back down and connecting to other little “offshoots,” and trying to image-in lovingly sharing the experiences and learnings of some of these other little offshoots.

I like to compare this to all the little cells in our bodies, each fully serving the function of the whole body. If one of these little cells is suffering, though, it’s hard for us to actually pay it much attention. But sometimes I do “zoom in” during meditation and try to focus in on painful areas, and send some love and healing, which I imagine might be what the pain is for. “Hey - a little attention needed here!” On the other hand, if one little cell gets too cocky and decided to go immortal - well, isn’t that what cancer is? The cycle has to serve the whole, and that is health. And if a cell “hops out” of the body, well - I suppose it just joins another form.

I tend to think that consciousness exists in those little cells, and in the atoms if we zoom in even further. And probably we can go in further still. And the same for when we zoom out. Not sure if it ever stops… But it is really rather incomprehensible. No Time, No Space, no dimensions either… Such awesome concepts. That is where trust and faith come in, that it is all Go(o)d, all Love. My experiences have shown me that we are IN God’s Mind.

(just sharing my Ponders)
    "We're all bozos on this bus"

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sue (Ayt) For This Post:

earthdreamer (20th September 2019), Iyakum (20th September 2019), leavesoftrees (20th September 2019), petra (23rd September 2019), Valerie Villars (20th September 2019)

19. Link to Post #30
    Germany Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    The analogy here may be with a car we might own and drive. It ages over the years, is no longer new, and things gradually break — often minor, but sometimes major. In the end, no matter how much we love it, we just have to get a new one.
    The same with our bodies: .
    The biological need to age (although still valid for humans due to our limited understanding) reflects an outdated theory. whereas up to the 90s the "biological aging is like machine aging" was the going theory it has been replaced by aging is 100% determined by genetic traits. There is not need for any biological organism to age, if it does, its programmed.

This was quite obvious even in the 90s but it took time to penetrate the institutions like all new paradigms.
    Consider there are species which do not biologically age until a very brief moment prior to death (the biomarkers of aging are unchanged during adult life), then there are species that live thousands of years (we do not know how long as they die due to accidents long before reaching a biological limit), In some a single hormone decides whether an individual lives 1 or 15 years.
    So yes, biologically we would not need to age and once we find the epigenetic key we will live much longer, on average 600 years before we will fall prey to accidents or disease as the "allianz" insurance company once found out.

and no, "we" do not survive death as of my experience. something does but its not this identity. In this sense we only live once ....
    The past life personas I was able to identify where all very different, even in gender.
    I have to agree that the veil sucks, and that would be a good reason to hope we crack the genetic barrier, at least for those of us who have a soul.

20. Link to Post #31
    Germany Unsubscribed
    Thanks

For those who are interested in catching up on the scientific side, this is one book that I can suggest which is still affordable.
    Many good books on this issue are beyond US$ 100 because of a very small circle of potential buyers. But his one can be had for 50 and less, and you can buy an older edition. Even the ones from before 2000 will give a lot of insights to the novice although the newer genetic findings are of course missing.

https://www.amazon.com/Longevity-Sen...dp/0226248887/

21. Link to Post #32
    Thanks

@ Ayt, thank you for your contribution, in which I personally learned a lot that is new to me.

I'll get straight to the point. Regarding time and space. I think that time and space are two different branches. But my knowledge of time and space is limited, I know that exists, but not as detailed as you and others.

But I think that something else has to exist between time and space. I can not prove it yet, I lack the knowledge. But what I think is that there must be room between them. Such a kind of space, in which time does not matter. I try to explain my thoughts.

We all know that it is possible to leave the body and to walk as energy through space and time. But at some point you have to go back into the body, unless you feel well and leave the body forever.

But then you would pull the rest of the energy out of the body then a return would probably not be possible. That's just a guess, I hope the other Avalonian can confirm it. Let's get back to the gap. If this space should exist where we could be as energy beings. Would not it then be possible that the body could get out in time? I admit that exceeds my knowledge, it is then no longer facts.

But as you mentioned earlier, you are able to zoom into your body. The places where there are pains that use a gift to heal. Now my question to you. Suppose you are able to strengthen your healing powers. If you give instructions to the rest of your energy before you leave your body, let your body heal or heal until you return.

Do you think that would be possible? I imagine that to be so. You go into the wild, looking for a place where you are safe, where no one can hurt you. Then you meditate, No.1, to give your energy the instruction to heal your body. No.2 would be to leave your body, during which time you would be in this intermediate space where time does not exist as such. While you're in this room, your body is healing.

I know that sounds and reads pretty illogically. It's just a guess, but if I do not share it, how can I learn from others?
    Iyakum

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Iyakum For This Post:

greybeard (20th September 2019), petra (23rd September 2019)

23. Link to Post #33
    United States Moderator Sue (Ayt)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,536 times in 2,553 posts

Now my question to you. Suppose you are able to strengthen your healing powers. If you give instructions to the rest of your energy before you leave your body, let your body heal or heal until you return.

Do you think that would be possible? I imagine that to be so. You go into the wild, looking for a place where you are safe, where no one can hurt you. Then you meditate, No.1, to give your energy the instruction to heal your body. No.2 would be to leave your body, during which time you would be in this intermediate space where time does not exist as such. While you're in this room, your body is healing.

I know that sounds and reads pretty illogically. It's just a guess, but if I do not share it, how can I learn from others?
    As I said before, I suspect I am sometimes perceived as kind of child-like, but of course we heal when we travel outside this body-maya place. :-) We do this every night, I think, by design. Sleep takes us beyond time or space every night. It would suck to never sleep! (which is yet another reason why hospitals are not a healing environment, cause they are NOT restful at all! /rant)

I find for me, that I don't so much "instruct" my body or my healing energy, but just access and allow that "love" energy which IS the healing and the health and our natural state. Once accessed, we can share it anywhere. Into our cells, out to our families and communities, even here to PA. (but never ever forcefully. That energy is always ours to access, but always by free will.)

My effort have been to re-member that energy as much and as often and as "always" as I can, be it through meditation, pausing as needed, deep breaths, going barefoot outside - whatever works for each individual to reconnect with that energy that is freely our birthright.
    (for me K.I.S.S. is what I have told myself sometimes, as that is what experience has shown to work best for me.)
    "We're all bozos on this bus"

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sue (Ayt) For This Post:

earthdreamer (21st September 2019), leavesoftrees (20th September 2019), modini (20th September 2019), Valerie Villars (20th September 2019)

25. Link to Post #34
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Also, I think that my dreams are sent to me with full intention. So there must be something that is able to send me those dreams. I can not do anything about it, so I let it happen.
    Me too, absolutely. That's what I think it happening.

I recall thinking "If something's trying to communicate with me... please use my dreams", because supposed other methods of communicating (IE: Numerology/Number Sightings/Deja Vu's/Hallucinations/Voice in my head/Television/Radio) feel either creepy, unpleasant, unsafe, deceptive, or all or that.

I sometimes think of it like "I'm at the mercy of my dreams", but perhaps that's a bit harsh way of thinking about it. Not all of my dreams are bad, they're just very memorable and they're having an effect on me psychologically. I did try writing them down, but I gave that up because it seemed like a waste of time - the ones worth writing down are just so memorable.

I'll get straight to the point. Regarding time and space. I think that time and space are two different branches. But my knowledge of time and space is limited, I know that exists, but not as detailed as you and others.

But I think that something else has to exist between time and space. I can not prove it yet, I lack the knowledge. But what I think is that there must be room between them. Such a kind of space, in which time does not matter. I try to explain my thoughts.
    I don't understand your thoughts at all but the premise makes sense!
    Keep in mind too, some things cannot be proven using science alone, and this is because science is limited by our intellect (which is also limited!)

To me, what it sounds like you're describing is 4D. "Fourth Density (4D) includes beings that have partially transcended the limitations of space-time." (ref link)

26. The Following User Says Thank You to petra For This Post:

Sue (Ayt) (23rd September 2019)

27. Link to Post #35
    Great Britain Avalon Member
    Thanks

Let's assume we live forever or a very long time on this plane and planet. What happens if we suffer a catastrophic accident? Do we then have to spend thousands of years in a handicapped state, assuming suicide is out of the question?

No, I tend to believe the Gnostics, Robert Monroe and Wes Penre. Our souls are recycled here, returned with amnesia and we are farmed for our loosh. That makes the most logical sense considering how very brutal this planet really is.

Many say, "we are here to learn"? Learn what? If we are immortal beings, we should have learned it all trillions and trillions of years ago. We are either trapped and farmed or we are in a simulation of our own device with the associated amnesia to relieve the unbearable boredom an infinite being must naturally suffer.

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chris_walker For This Post:

earthdreamer (25th September 2019), Michi (24th September 2019), petra (24th September 2019)

29. Link to Post #36
    Administrator Mark (Star Mariner)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,508 times in 4,311 posts

Quote Posted by petra (here)

Dreams can be many different things, but I wouldn't analyse them too strictly. Mostly, they are the reflex of a brain that's at rest. It's a bit like sifting through the recycle bin of the subconscious. When we sleep, it wakes up, and all these stored images, perceptions, and memories from our waking life involuntarily float to the surface, swirl round, 'pop' into being then pop out again. That accounts for most dreams.

But there are other types – dreams of astral travel and even past-life memories. But they are often highly fragmentary. That's because these are experienced at a different level of consciousness (super-consciousness if visiting the spirit world). And when we wake up, they have to be re-translated, down-shifted if you like, into three dimensional reality. That's where the distortion occurs, because our 3D brains cannot render 4D or 5D realities. What made sense in the dream no longer makes any sense, or can even be properly pictured anymore. I've had such dream-memories that literally puffed out of existence seconds after waking - my brain could not hold the perception.
    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
    ~ Jimi Hendrix

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mark (Star Mariner) For This Post:

earthdreamer (25th September 2019), petra (24th September 2019)

31. Link to Post #37
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by chris_walker (here)
    Many say, "we are here to learn"? Learn what? If we are immortal beings, we should have learned it all trillions and trillions of years ago. We are either trapped and farmed or we are in a simulation of our own device with the associated amnesia to relieve the unbearable boredom an infinite being must naturally suffer.
    We probably did and forgot. I'm learning to be cynical - how am I doing?

I learned to "Trust No One" too... kind of suspicious lesson if you ask me

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2