+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Is it self-hypnosis or is it something else?

1. Link to Post #1
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,223 times in 2,093 posts

Default Is it self-hypnosis or is it something else?

I have amazed myself with what I have recently gone through. It will take me a while to get it all down into the written word, so please come back and read more because I would love some feedback. I also hope that by sharing my experience that it could help others.

To sum it up - I have changed from a person who has been physically disabled to a person who is now very physically active and feeling like I can accomplish whatever I put my mind to.

This might sound very corny and/or delusional. This is not something that just happened yesterday and I now have a new outlook on life. I have been a bit freaked out by my personal changes and I have not posted about it (although I really wanted to right away). I waited to see if this was just some temporary emotional high.

I really can't say for sure how I have managed this. My injuries are still there but I have been able to sustain the ability to overcome them hour after hour, day after day, and now weeks into weeks.

I think everyone has had moments where they have been able to ignore back pain and get stuff done. Or walk home on a twisted ankle, etc. But I am somehow able to keep this going. I am certainly hoping that it will continue.

As I said, my injuries have not healed and if I acknowledge it I can easily feel them. But I can easily move my thoughts away from it. Throughout my life I have spent a great deal of time trying to not think about the pain. Maybe I have simply just accomplished this on such a level that I do not have to focus much on the effort of ignoring it.

There was a point weeks ago where I was very upset with my condition. I was done with living that way. I told myself that that person has died and I am now living a new life. I was as serious as I could be with myself.

Self hypnosis maybe?

There were some strange things that occurred around that time and I used them to convince myself that these things were a part of creating this change.

I have suffered from chronic back pain since I was a teenager. I have had multiple herniated discs and I have a couple of bulging discs in my low back. I have a problem with my disc and vertebrae at T8. This vertebrae has been out of position for most of my life - sticking out as it was twisted due to spinal compression.(The disc had worn away to maybe only a third remaining.)

I can now sit longer at my desk. Drive further in a car. Sleep better. Do more physical things.

I have always been fighting to get better. I have looked into every medical option available. I have always exercised when I was able to. I have always fought my way back to health until the pain took me down or I was re-injured. It has been a life long battle. But this feels very different - the pain is there, but I can ignore it.

Perhaps it is simple mind over matter. Whatever it is, I hope other people can read this and realize that they too have the ability to overcome what ever it is that is hurting them.

2. The Following 44 Users Say Thank You to Patient For This Post:

4evrneo (22nd October 2019), Alan (25th September 2019), Apulu (25th September 2019), Ben (22nd October 2019), Bill Ryan (25th September 2019), Caliban (25th September 2019), Cara (25th September 2019), christian (27th September 2019), conk (25th September 2019), Craig (25th September 2019), Deux Corbeaux (25th September 2019), EFO (25th September 2019), Eric J (Viking) (25th September 2019), ExomatrixTV (25th September 2019), Forest Denizen (26th September 2019), fractal (26th September 2019), Franny (25th September 2019), Gracy (25th September 2019), gs_powered (25th September 2019), haroldsails (26th September 2019), Hervé (25th September 2019), Inaiá (27th September 2019), Ioneo (25th September 2019), jjjones (26th September 2019), Joseph McAree (17th November 2019), Kotch (25th September 2019), Michi (25th September 2019), Ol' Roy (28th September 2019), onevoice (25th September 2019), Orph (25th September 2019), petra (25th September 2019), Rosemarie (25th September 2019), Sadieblue (26th September 2019), shaberon (25th September 2019), sijohn (25th September 2019), snoman (25th September 2019), Soda (25th September 2019), Sue (Ayt) (25th September 2019), sunflower (25th September 2019), sunwings (28th September 2019), toppy (25th September 2019), Valerie Villars (25th September 2019), XelNaga (22nd October 2019), yiolas (27th September 2019)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member conk's Avatar
    Language
    Southern English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,145 times in 2,998 posts

Default Re: Is it self-hypnosis or is it something else?

It truly is mind over matter. Congratulations on your accomplishment.

Dr. Bruce Lipton, The Biology of Belief and Dr. Joe Dispenza, Becoming Supernatural, explain how this is done. Thoughts actually change our physiology, our DNA, our genetic makeup. Continued, prolonged intention, accompanied by belief in a higher intelligence and resonating with the feeling as if it had already occurred (Greg Bradden) is the principle method. Combine this with the Win Hof breathing techniques and we have the making of miracles - IMHO.

Please do share more.
    The quantum field responds not to what we want; but to who we are being. Dr. Joe Dispenza

4. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to conk For This Post:

Ben (22nd October 2019), Bill Ryan (25th September 2019), christian (27th September 2019), Eric J (Viking) (26th September 2019), Forest Denizen (26th September 2019), Franny (22nd October 2019), gs_powered (25th September 2019), Inaiá (27th September 2019), jjjones (26th September 2019), PegasusRising (27th September 2019), Rosemarie (25th September 2019), Sadieblue (26th September 2019), shaberon (25th September 2019), Sue (Ayt) (25th September 2019), toppy (25th September 2019), Valerie Villars (25th September 2019)

5. Link to Post #3
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,372 times in 1,413 posts

You're more easily able to ignore the pain now, although it is still there, and I find that really interesting. I think that perhaps you maybe building up a tolerance, since the pain is chronic.

Mind over matter is something different to me. That's if you were to think "The pain isn't real, it's all in my mind" (which could work too I guess). I imagine if that were the case, there wouldn't be any pain. You'd just tell yourself "I'm not in pain" and instantly the pain would be gone (self hypnosis, at it's finest!)

6. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to petra For This Post:

Ben (22nd October 2019), Bill Ryan (25th September 2019), christian (27th September 2019), conk (29th October 2019), Eric J (Viking) (26th September 2019), Franny (22nd October 2019), jjjones (26th September 2019), Patient (26th September 2019), Rosemarie (25th September 2019), Sadieblue (26th September 2019), shaberon (25th September 2019)

7. Link to Post #4
    Netherlands Avalon Member ExomatrixTV's Avatar
    Language
    English, Dutch, German, Limburgs
    Thanks
    Thanked 125,665 times in 20,818 posts

Lightbulb Re: Is it self-hypnosis or is it something else?

Working Title: "Is it Self Hypnosis or is it Something Else?"

Science Tip: Transdermal CBD cannabidiol reduces inflammation and pain-related behaviours in a rat model of arthritis:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4851925/

What is CBD Oil? CBD For Back Pain, Inflammation: Answers by a Compound Pharmacist:

Does CBD Really Help With Pain?
    CBD Oil for Pain
    Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 25th September 2019 at 20:51.
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

8. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Ben (22nd October 2019), Bill Ryan (25th September 2019), christian (27th September 2019), conk (29th October 2019), Eric J (Viking) (26th September 2019), Franny (22nd October 2019), jjjones (26th September 2019), Patient (26th September 2019), Rosemarie (25th September 2019), Sadieblue (26th September 2019), shaberon (25th September 2019), what is a name? (27th September 2019)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,525 times in 32,788 posts

Was there a point of change? Or was it more like a gradual shift over a period of time?

If there was a point of change, like a kind of tipping point, what else happened in your life, or what were you doing, just before the change?

10. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Ben (22nd October 2019), christian (27th September 2019), Eric J (Viking) (26th September 2019), jjjones (26th September 2019), Michi (25th September 2019), Patient (26th September 2019), Rosemarie (25th September 2019), Sadieblue (26th September 2019), shaberon (25th September 2019), Sue (Ayt) (25th September 2019), Yoda (27th September 2019)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,157 times in 3,105 posts

Hi Patient

Thank you for the thread it mirrors a lot of what I went through...

Anyway I might have told this story before...

A good few years back I drove a very fast sports car with the intention of buying it for the company I worked for at that that time.

Long story short I lost control of the car and rolled it a couple of times and hit a tree. The car was leaning up against the tree with the driver door facing on the floor. (rhd). A very small hole in the windscreen 8x8 inches. The left side was crushed from the roof to the shoulder height of the car. No way out. I found myself in the fields about 50metres away from the car, very dazed. I managed to make way to the road and flag some cars down. Anyway back at hospital after extensive surgery my jaw was broken in 4 places... Wired up for 4 months... My back had 2 serious compression fractures t9 and t 12... And various lacerations on my body.. (god knows how I managed to walk to the road.. Collapsed afterwards by the way).

Anyway the Doctor had said I would have serious problems with Kyphosis in later years, early fifties. So here I am 62 years of age and healthy as ever. I put it down to my mind set. See the below link to see how easy it is to control various life challenges.

Ps. To this day I don't know how I ended up in the field.

Thanks again Patient and be well.

Blessing

Viking
    You decide...your thoughts..your actions..your reality.
    Choose well.
    https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...are-the-change

12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Eric J (Viking) For This Post:

Ben (22nd October 2019), Bill Ryan (26th September 2019), christian (27th September 2019), conk (29th October 2019), Franny (22nd October 2019), Inaiá (27th September 2019), Patient (26th September 2019), Sadieblue (28th September 2019)

13. Link to Post #7
    Netherlands Avalon Member ExomatrixTV's Avatar
    Language
    English, Dutch, German, Limburgs
    Thanks
    Thanked 125,665 times in 20,818 posts

Patient left the building?
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

14. The Following User Says Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Patient (26th September 2019)

15. Link to Post #8
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by conk (here)
    It truly is mind over matter. Congratulations on your accomplishment.

Dr. Bruce Lipton, The Biology of Belief and Dr. Joe Dispenza, Becoming Supernatural, explain how this is done. Thoughts actually change our physiology, our DNA, our genetic makeup. Continued, prolonged intention, accompanied by belief in a higher intelligence and resonating with the feeling as if it had already occurred (Greg Bradden) is the principle method. Combine this with the Win Hof breathing techniques and we have the making of miracles - IMHO.

Please do share more.
    Thank you Conk, I think that this is what I accomplished although I have not heard of Dr. Lipton. I have been fighting this problem my whole life and I was just completely tired of being defeated by it. I basically made up my mind that it was no longer going to be that way. Of course through reading about many topics about creating our own reality, seeing Shaolin Monks achieve amazing feats, and many of the other things that people have experienced and seen - why couldn't I achieve this for me.

So I was completely resolved in my mind that my old self had died and I was living a new reality. I am not sure where this strong thought originated from. Perhaps I was just so fed up and exhausted from constantly fighting this battle of pain management. The only way I was going to have a different life was if I died and was reincarnated, but as I am not done with this life I had to do it this way.

I have used martial arts throughout my life to try to keep my back in shape. I used the Bruce Lee approach and chose different things that worked for me. Mainly, I was trying to do only the things that would not negatively affect my back. So, mostly straight line things, bringing in circular movements where possible. Obviously no throwing or wrestling type things. Each time, I could only go so far in any discipline due to my limitations and/or injuries/pain that would surface.

I have not been active in any club or group in a number of years. When I thought of having this new life, I also thought that I would have to fight this battle in a different way because I have not physically healed of course. Through synchronicity I found a personal trainer that has worked with people with scoliosis and I work with him 3 times per week. I also dove back into martial arts training - each moment, each exercise and movement is a successful moment of my new life. When lifting weights I do not count reps - I only count "one" each time. ( I let the trainer keep track.) I am training in Muay Thai. The people I am training with are very respectful and everyone is there for each other. I train as hard or as soft as I want to. I feel that I have already previously done well with the personal battle that we all have with our ego.

I have not been to see my doctor recently. I have always been told to not lift weights because it would put too much pressure on my spine (although I have tried on quite a few occasions during my life). I imagine that he would think I have gone crazy.

I have explored every option that I could find throughout my life. I have had a physiotherapist break down to tears as I repeatedly tried everything she had me do. One doctor told me that he never wanted to see me again because he could not help me as he had somewhat similar back issues and said he could not bare to see me and not be able to help me.

This time is different. And it is because I have decided that it is. This is not to say that I have not battled this hard in the past. I have a few friends that have known me a long time and they have said many times that they can not believe that I have not ever given up. It is important to note that I have never be able to find a trainer who believes the way this one does. One has to wonder at the complexity of our life path along with synchronicity - this trainer is 5 mins from my house.

It is also important that I always remember that this fight is not yet won. I have to constantly keep my mind in check. I can not let up mentally or physically.

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Patient For This Post:

Ben (22nd October 2019), Bill Ryan (26th September 2019), christian (27th September 2019), conk (11th October 2019), onevoice (27th September 2019), Sadieblue (28th September 2019)

17. Link to Post #9
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    Was there a point of change? Or was it more like a gradual shift over a period of time?

If there was a point of change, like a kind of tipping point, what else happened in your life, or what were you doing, just before the change?
    There was a point of change. Hard to say how long of a transition it was. I have to look up my post I made about a light passing through my bedroom. (I hate to mention it now, because I am pressed for time at the moment. But I will find it and link it in this thread.)

That morning after that light thing, then I noticed our pig looking different in colour - and I looked for old pics, but they are all of her snout because she always comes straight to the camera. Lol! I will get a new pic.

I think it was the next morning because I recall having vivd dreams of my father and my uncle both wanting to talk to me - they said that they had something important to tell me. I don't recall them telling me anything but the dream just felt very strong somehow.

Anyway, I think it was the next morning that I was sitting alone and all of my thoughts were about the fact that I had to die and become new. I was thinking that the old me was gone. There was nothing to mourn. I wasn't concerned if I was going to lose any part of me or my life. I only knew that to be rid of my back ruling my life, I had to leave the old me behind at what ever cost.

I don't think I sat there for more than 15-20 minutes. I do recall that I was very focused and no one interrupted me. (I have a very busy household.)

In the days prior to that, I know that I was just at the end of frustration with my pain. This has been a long fight - 45 years this battle has been going on. So, I have had a long time to practice separating the pain from my consciousness as best I could. But this time it is different. Maybe I jumped a major skill level and I used the light thing as a sign that it was possible?

And do not interpret what I have said as meaning that the pain is gone or I am magically healed because that is not the case. If I choose to notice I can feel the pain, and at times it does sneak up on me a bit but I can easily and quickly overcome it. I have never been able to do this so easily before. Or be able to put it away for so long. I think it is important that I am reminded that it is still there so that I do not do something outrageous and hurt myself. But I am on a good road.

18. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Patient For This Post:

Ben (22nd October 2019), Bill Ryan (26th September 2019), christian (27th September 2019), Franny (22nd October 2019), Inaiá (27th September 2019), Kotch (26th September 2019), onevoice (26th September 2019), petra (27th September 2019), Sadieblue (28th September 2019), Valerie Villars (22nd October 2019)

19. Link to Post #10
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Also, at that time I read something that Constance had posted somewhere and I asked her about it. That was Aug 8th.

She had posted something like "...and if you want to make that kind of change, I know how, just ask me. But if you are not prepared to commit it could cause you problems."

For whatever reason that stuck with me. I just took from that, that the most extreme things are possible if you are able to commit.

So thank you Constance!

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Patient For This Post:

Ben (22nd October 2019), Bill Ryan (26th September 2019), christian (27th September 2019), Franny (22nd October 2019), Sadieblue (28th September 2019), Valerie Villars (22nd October 2019)

21. Link to Post #11
    Brazil Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    Portuguese
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,019 times in 377 posts

Quote Posted by Patient (here)
    It is also important that I always remember that this fight is not yet won. I have to constantly keep my mind in check. I can not let up mentally or physically.
    have you heard about estrogen ?

being a natural hormone, no harm to health.

could search and maybe experiment It.

Quote Burgeoning evidence now documents profound effects of estrogens on learning, memory, and mood as well as neurodevelopmental and neurodegenerative processes. .. .. estrogens play important roles in the male brain, where they can be generated from circulating testosterone by local aromatase enzymes or synthesized de novo by neurons and glia. Estrogen-based therapy therefore holds considerable promise for brain disorders that affect both men and women.

This review focuses on these differences, including sex dimorphisms in the ability of estradiol to influence synaptic plasticity, neurotransmission, neurodegeneration, and cognition,

.. particularly the brain, are important targets for estrogen's actions .. combat diseases of aging (at least in women), including cardiovascular disease, osteoporosis, Alzheimer's, ...

Source
    I did notice by a medical researcher, In the War Hospitals (Afghanistan and Iraq), they used a lot of estrogen to recover nervous system, musculaturr, and movements, overdose is tolerated without side effects.

maybe worth to know about ..

22. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to RogeRio For This Post:

Ben (22nd October 2019), Bill Ryan (27th September 2019), christian (27th September 2019), Franny (22nd October 2019), onevoice (27th September 2019), petra (27th September 2019), Sadieblue (28th September 2019), Valerie Villars (22nd October 2019)

23. Link to Post #12
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by ExomatrixTV (here)
    Working Title: "Is it Self Hypnosis or is it Something Else?"

Science Tip: Transdermal CBD cannabidiol reduces inflammation and pain-related behaviours in a rat model of arthritis:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4851925/

What is CBD Oil? CBD For Back Pain, Inflammation: Answers by a Compound Pharmacist:

Does CBD Really Help With Pain?
    CBD Oil for Pain
    Hey Exo, I like your title idea - "Is it self hypnosis or is it Something else?"

I will ask the mods to change it if that is ok by you.

I tried the CBD oil and it did help a little, but not enough. But as I could not afford to spend too much money on it at the time, there could be a few things that were in the way of it being successful for me. Maybe it has to build up in your system and I did not have enough? There are different concentrations of it as I understand. I was using an introductory level as advised by a physician.

I have been told by a few other people that for it to work for heavy pain relief it should have some level of THC in it. Maybe that is true for some people's bodies and how they react, but I did not want the THC.

I have heard it working for many people though and although it did not work well enough for me, I would still recommend it for many ailments.

24. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Patient For This Post:

Ben (22nd October 2019), Bill Ryan (27th September 2019), ExomatrixTV (27th September 2019), Franny (23rd October 2019), onevoice (27th September 2019), RogeRio (28th September 2019), Sadieblue (28th September 2019)

25. Link to Post #13
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by rogparan (here)
    have you heard about estrogen ?

being a natural hormone, no harm to health.

could search and maybe experiment It.

Quote Burgeoning evidence now documents profound effects of estrogens on learning, memory, and mood as well as neurodevelopmental and neurodegenerative processes. .. .. estrogens play important roles in the male brain, where they can be generated from circulating testosterone by local aromatase enzymes or synthesized de novo by neurons and glia. Estrogen-based therapy therefore holds considerable promise for brain disorders that affect both men and women.

This review focuses on these differences, including sex dimorphisms in the ability of estradiol to influence synaptic plasticity, neurotransmission, neurodegeneration, and cognition,

.. particularly the brain, are important targets for estrogen's actions .. combat diseases of aging (at least in women), including cardiovascular disease, osteoporosis, Alzheimer's, ...

Source
    I did notice by a medical researcher, In the War Hospitals (Afghanistan and Iraq), they used a lot of estrogen to recover nervous system, musculaturr, and movements, overdose is tolerated without side effects.

maybe worth to know about ..
    This is interesting and I will research into this when I get a chance.

Family physicians these days seem to be very controlled by big pharma - and I mean more so then even a few years ago. I expect this is a world wide issue.

As an individual, you must stand up for yourself and even as you might really respect your family doctor, you owe to yourself and your family to do extra research on everything possible.

We had an amazing doctor, but we would still research things and bring our findings and opinions to him. If you have a good family doctor, they will listen to you with equal respect. Don't be shy about this - you owe it to yourselves.

26. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Patient For This Post:

Ben (22nd October 2019), Bill Ryan (27th September 2019), Franny (22nd October 2019), Inaiá (29th September 2019), onevoice (27th September 2019), petra (27th September 2019), RogeRio (28th September 2019), Sadieblue (28th September 2019)

27. Link to Post #14
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

So things have been going well until....I got sic and when I get a bad flu bug my body goes on holiday and I sleep for most of it. That set my back in a bad way. When the sickness passed I had become behind in work and I consequently had to spend a lot of time in front of my PC. Sitting down too long is also not good for my back.

I was really challenged to get back to where I was before I got sic. Not there yet, but I am on my way.

An interesting thing happened. The pain was (is still is for the most part) very bad. I have mentally pushed myself, thinking - I was able to get past this, so I can do it again!

I have also set my mind for all things to be good, to be much better than ever, including my back. (This is over the last 12 - 16 days or so.) Just recently, my business has improved in a manner that was hoped for, but really unexpected. We just resolved an issue where we wanted to move to a better home, but we were really having a hard time finding a place due to availability, cost, and all those things that go into trying to find a good place to rent. So we got a nice place.

One thing that has really stood out lately is my dreams. I did not realize this before; I think we are comfortable with our dreams in the sense that although they are different most of the time, there is something there that lets us know that they are our dreams. I say this because my dreams lately seem to be different and I am not sure exactly how to describe the difference. They feel somehow unlike my regular dreams. (This is hard to describe.) Almost like there is a different intensity, or something. Almost like they are not mine - but of course they are. The content has been very intense in some sense. ( Now I am repeating myself...*sigh*)

In reading this, I suppose a person will read that I am going through some intense things in my life so this is being reflected in my dreams. But it is not simply that. I have had all kinds of dreams but there is a different feel that I can not put my finger on - but it is strong. I am looking forward to getting a good sleep and see what comes next.

Now going back to my pain management. I thought about something a while ago and now I just remembered what it was. When you injure yourself really bad, like a broken bone for example, your mind knows that you are hurt and it protects you from a lot of the pain. It will not let you get up on your broken leg. (Those people who have had major injuries know what I am talking about.) So there is something in our mind that if we could control it, it would be very helpful in a situation such as my own. I wonder if I have tapped into that to some extent?

28. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Patient For This Post:

Ben (22nd October 2019), Bill Ryan (22nd October 2019), conk (29th October 2019), Ernie Nemeth (22nd October 2019), Franny (23rd October 2019), Valerie Villars (22nd October 2019)

29. Link to Post #15
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,330 times in 2,365 posts

I know someone who achieved similar results with the book, Mind Over Back Pain.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TomKat For This Post:

Franny (23rd October 2019), Patient (23rd October 2019)

31. Link to Post #16
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by TomKat (here)
    I know someone who achieved similar results with the book, Mind Over Back Pain.
    Thanks Tomkat, I will search it out. It is also nice to know that someone else has experienced this - it helps me to keep up with my belief. A big part of this is obviously believing that it is possible.

For anyone that suffers from chronic pain, even temporary relief is like a summer holiday.

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Patient For This Post:

Gemma13 (18th November 2019), Valerie Villars (23rd October 2019)

33. Link to Post #17
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

The book "Mind Over Back Pain" is a good book. However, this book is based on back pain that is due to anxiety and stress rather than an actual injury. If a person is feeling back pain but did not have an accident or any damage to their spine, then this book will help you.

However, my back pain is from a curved spine (scoliosis) and the disc damage that has accumulated as a result over the years. But - it is still possible for a person to elevate themselves out of the accompanying pain as I continue to do. I do not know if I will ever understand enough of what I have done to be able to teach it to someone else.

All I can say at this point is that do not ever give up on yourself. I have achieved this through perseverance and fighting against the pain. In the end, I decided that I was no longer going to be ruled by the pain and I was not going to be that person. The pain and injury is still there and if I allow myself to feel it I am quickly reminded that this fight will never end and that I can not let up, but it has gotten a lot easier for me to keep my mind at this level or state - whatever it is.

One thing that I have noticed is that there seems to be less random thoughts bouncing around in my mind. My mind is quieter, or maybe it is busy keeping the pain away and there is less ram available.

I hope that this thread has helped some one else with a problem that they are dealing with. I will always add a post now and then as writing this thread helps me to acknowledge to myself what I am dealing with and maybe eventually I will know more about how I achieved this state so that I could help someone else - rather than just say, "Don't ever give up."

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Patient For This Post:

Gemma13 (18th November 2019)

35. Link to Post #18
    Language
    German
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,204 times in 437 posts

Your story reminds me so much of the story in the book "The Magic Story" by Frederick Van Rensselaer Dey
    This is such an incredible book - I really recommend it from all my heart!

Here is a snippet from the near end of the book:

Whatsoever you desire of good is yours. You have but to stretch forth
    your hand and take it.

Learn that the consciousness of dominant power within you is the
    possession of all things attainable.

Have no fear of any sort or shape, for fear is an adjunct of the minusentity.

If you have skill, apply it; the world must profit by it, and, therefore, you.

Make a daily and nightly companion of your plus-entity; if you heed
    its advice, you cannot go wrong.

Remember, philosophy is an argument; the world, which is your
    property, is an accumulation of facts.

Go, therefore, and do that which is within you to do; take no heed of
    gestures which would beckon you aside; ask of no man permission to perform.

The minus-entity requests favors; the plus-entity grants them. Fortune
    waits upon every footstep you take; seize her, bind her, hold her, for she is yours; she belongs to you.
    "The greatest good you can do for another is not just share your riches, but to reveal to him his own."
    -- Benjamin Disraeli

36. The Following User Says Thank You to Michi For This Post:

Patient (17th November 2019)

37. Link to Post #19
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Very weird - another light flashed in our room this morning.

Last time it was a bright orb that moved through, but this time it was just a really bright flash. The room was already bright with light and the flash of light was much brighter - just like a large flash bulb went off. And it seemed to come from one spot near the middle of the room. (But not the same house as we have moved.)

No sound, no smell.

Anyone else experience anything like this?

38. Link to Post #20
    United States Avalon Member conk's Avatar
    Language
    Southern English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,145 times in 2,998 posts

So I was completely resolved in my mind that my old self had died and I was living a new reality. I am not sure where this strong thought originated from. Perhaps I was just so fed up and exhausted from constantly fighting this battle of pain management. The only way I was going to have a different life was if I died and was reincarnated, but as I am not done with this life I had to do it this way.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/18...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Change the Story of Your Health: Using Shamanic and Jungian Techniques for Healing

The story of our health is more in our control than we might think, according to clinical psychologist, Jungian analyst, and shamanic practitioner Carl Greer, PhD, PsyD. We can not only reframe our experiences but actually experience less stress, greater well-being, and even better physical health than it might appear if we are willing to identify our health story and begin rewriting it.
    The quantum field responds not to what we want; but to who we are being. Dr. Joe Dispenza

39. The Following User Says Thank You to conk For This Post:

Patient (16th December 2019)

+ Reply to Thread