+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Nootropics

1. Link to Post #1
    Language
    German
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,205 times in 437 posts

Question Nootropics

I just finished reading a pdf from Matthew David Hurtado, called "ALLOW".
    Near the end, he cross-sells a product which supposedly enhances cognitive and brain functions.

The product is called "DNA Evolve - Complete Ascentials" and is part of Nootropics.

What Are Nootropics?
    A nootropic is any substance that is taken to improve brain function. This mostly refers to advanced cognitive functions like creativity, motivation, focus, and memory retention. The most common nootropics that are widely used in the Western world include caffeine and nicotine, but people in the Far East and India have been using nootropics like Gingko Biloba for centuries.
    The above definition is from https://www.gymventures.com/best-nootropics/ which compares 10 different nootropics icluding the DNA Evolve and by the way another product which Alex Jones is promoting.
    Furthermore, that site also informs the various ingredients that are used in nootropics.

Has anyone 1st-hand experiences with nootropics and could give his input to it's effectiveness?
    "The greatest good you can do for another is not just share your riches, but to reveal to him his own."
    -- Benjamin Disraeli

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Michi For This Post:

aoibhghaire (26th September 2019), Bill Ryan (25th September 2019), Craig (25th September 2019), CurEus (9th October 2019), Franny (5th October 2019), jjjones (26th September 2019), Rosemarie (26th September 2019), Satori (26th September 2019), toppy (26th September 2019), Valerie Villars (9th October 2019)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member Strat's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,307 times in 1,825 posts

Default Re: Nootropics

In my experience (with Alpha Brain), nootropics definitely helps with my ability to verbally articulate. It speeds up my brain so to speak. If I use metaphors, I typically may speak a bit slowly as I try and form a proper metaphor and express it in a digestible format. If I've taken a nootropic this process is lightning fast. I also have a hard time remembering names, places, etc. Instead of this info coming to my brain like it does for most folks, its as if I have to search for it in my brain. It's like all the words are in a bucket and I have to sift through them to find it. Nootropics help with that noticeably.

It's not something I take everyday but if I were to have a date or a meeting of some kind I'd definitely take it.

Also just to throw it out there, it seems to boost my alcohol tolerance. I don't know why but it's true.

It does give me a bit of anxiety but it's tolerable. That being said I'm prone to anxiety. I haven't noticed any boost to creativity, motivation or memory retention. Given what I said previously one would say it does help with my ability to focus, but I've only noticed that to be the case when conversing. Reading is difficult for me because my focus is terrible, I can read several pages and not recall them because my mind wanders. Nootropics haven't been able to help with this unfortunately.
    Today is victory over yourself of yesterday. Tomorrow is your victory over lesser men.

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Strat For This Post:

aoibhghaire (26th September 2019), Bill Ryan (25th September 2019), Craig (25th September 2019), jjjones (26th September 2019), Michi (25th September 2019), Rosemarie (26th September 2019), Satori (26th September 2019), toppy (26th September 2019), Valerie Villars (9th October 2019)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,948 times in 536 posts

Very timely post, I would love to know more, for my memory's sake.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Craig For This Post:

aoibhghaire (26th September 2019), Bill Ryan (25th September 2019), jjjones (26th September 2019), toppy (26th September 2019)

7. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

I haven't done extensive research on this. Increasing trend with the alternative community & seems interesting to many. But if any of these products contains heavy metals & negative substances, I'll be sure to avoid it

8. Link to Post #5
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,099 times in 144 posts

I had lead poison in 2010.. from an unknown cause. Thought I was getting Alzheimer's... but it happened too fast. A MD confirmed it.. and even after treatment I was in a fog. A smart friend said, "People with Alzheimer's are deficient in CHOLINE." It is a B Vitamin that makes 3 essential brain chemicals... One is required for the brain cells to communicate with each other..

There are 3 types and they all work. One should take 750 mg for 7-14 days to see results.. It is tasteless, as far as I can tell.
    So I took 1/4 tsp of a bulk powder 2 times a day.. and on day 5 I woke up !

That was in 2011.. and I still take it. If I don't take it every 3 days or so.. or more if I am concentrating mentally on a project that requires focus... I get tired mentally.

I highly recommend it.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Perdido For This Post:

CurEus (9th October 2019), Franny (5th October 2019), Valerie Villars (9th October 2019)

10. Link to Post #6
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,099 times in 144 posts

Another Nootropic I love is COFFEE ! Really... anything that impacts the brain is a Nootropic.

But ... one for SLEEP is important.. as one only heals when one sleeps.
    It seems everyone ... sooner or later has sleep issues.

I had a back double neck fusion operation in 2005 and they pinched another nerve then. I could not sleep but 2-4 hours a night.. and nothing was working to kill the pain and spasms for 3.5 years. Even after having the nerve burned with radio frequency several times.. and getting some relief.. I now still could not sleep all night.
    I had tried my Sister's sleeping pills and was groggy for 3 days.. I said, "I can not live like that."

Searching online for brain chemicals.. I happened upon Longecity.org where they discussed this and several Nootropics.

PHENIBUT, is a Russian GABA derivative.. used by Astronauts and Cosmonauts in space.
    BINGO! I knew they don't give Pilots or Astronauts anything that makes them groggy.
    GABA is the brain chemical that actually puts you to sleep.. well it really calms the chatter in your mind.. so you relax and sleep. There are brain receptors for GABA.. and Melatonin uses those same receptors.

One can buy this in bulk.. online.. Just search... Buy + Phenibut. A 50 mg pack will last you a year... as you can only use it twice a week MAXIMUM.

1/8 rounded tsp and I sleep 8 hours.. 1/4 tsp and I sleep 12 hours.
    Just make sure to start with a low dose.. to test it.. and build up the dosage.. adjust as necessary.
    Also make sure you are ready to sleep in.
    No phones, no appointments, etc...
    The 1st time I tried it.. I got no results..
    So I increased it and slept 18 hours.. but I needed it. Yeah!
    I usually only try it on Friday and Saturday nights, when I use it.
    It takes about 15-20 minutes if I am setting up.. until I notice I need to go to bed.
    But if I suddenly need to stay awake and finish something, I can.
    Also, if I only get say 5 hours of sleep, and for some reason I have to get up.. I am not drugged up and can still function without a groggy hangover.

It seems it has reset my sleep, and I hardly ever use it anymore. Maybe every 6-10 weeks.. Especially if I have a hard week, and have been short on sleep.
    At times.. I get so tired physically that ... I can not sleep. That is one time I am glad I have this on hand.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdido For This Post:

CurEus (9th October 2019), Franny (5th October 2019)

12. Link to Post #7
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,140 times in 1,005 posts

I take lion's mane mushroom powder. It is one of the only things know to regrow myelin in the brain. The few studies that have been done show really good results with alzheimers, though the gain subside if you stop taking it.

Honestly i can't say ive noticed amazing results. I inially bought a powder made in Australia. It tasted really nice in coffee. I know that sounds crazy, but it had a lovely caramelly flavor. I actually thought it improved the coffee flavour.

Unfortunately it was too expensive to continue with this product. I searched online and found an organic source 8n Europe that sold it by the kilo at a very reasonable price.But i was so disappointed when it arrived. It tasted horrible!

After more research i discovered that a lot on the market is grown in grain rather than on hard wood. Growing it in grain produces a medicinally inferior product. I contacted the company with my question about how they grow their mushrooms and was told it is a seceret which they can't share...but assured me the final product was gluten free. To me this lack of transparency indicates there is something to hide.

So anyway, until i finish this kilo I am not really well placed to extoll the virtues of the virtues of lion's mane....though i know some people have had amazing results.

https://www.bulletproof.com/suppleme...room-benefits/
    Last edited by enfoldedblue; 5th October 2019 at 07:35.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to enfoldedblue For This Post:

Forest Denizen (5th October 2019), Franny (5th October 2019), Valerie Villars (9th October 2019)

14. Link to Post #8
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,600 times in 5,379 posts

If you want to use acetocholine, remember to take Zinc and Selenium in micro-doses as well. They boost absorption.
    Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water...Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. Bruce Lee

Free will can only be as free as the mind that conceives it.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

Franny (6th October 2019), Perdido (27th April 2020), Valerie Villars (9th October 2019)

16. Link to Post #9
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,015 times in 784 posts

I only really learned about nootropics through "biohacking" blogs and videos.....I was prescribed Ritalin and dextroamphetamine and I LOATHED both of them and was looking for more natural options to maintain mental focus and alertness. I am clinically ADHD and although generally quite high functioning the prescription meds were literally stealing my soul.

A gift for many with ADHD which as an aside I think can be early onset Alzheimers or Dementia, is that we develop powerful insights rapidly and "flashes of brilliance and creativity" .......but on those meds I was just dead.....oh and as they so very closely related to cocaine and meth I was a bit concerned with with the fact I was always so parched and thirsty..I felt like I was Autistic at times. leading to multiple cavities at 30.....I also turned into a zombie like state known as having "sticky thoughts" I think that is where Autists get into an area they have challenges escaping.

So very thankful for the nootropic community......as I was able to use some common vitamins and supplements instead of the harsh pharmaceuticals. These communities are very large and generally well researched and friendly.

I do not use the highly experimental "stacks" but many of the stacks are common herbs, vitamins, minerals mushrooms etc taken by timing or combined. It really is a VAST topic which I consider to be frontier science combined with ancient wisdoms.

This topic may need its own dedicated area!

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CurEus For This Post:

Ernie Nemeth (9th October 2019), Strat (9th October 2019), Valerie Villars (9th October 2019)

+ Reply to Thread