+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 23 1 11 23 LastLast

Thread: All about Trump's 'impeachment'

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks

Default All about Trump's 'impeachment'

Today, the first day after the impeachment inquiry into the Trump/Ukraine/Biden situation was announced, the first 'real' major poll comes out with Elizabeth Warren in 1st place.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...bernie-sanders

New Politico article since the inquiry- "Biden Nosedives in Early State Polls":
    https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...ls2020-1510351

Biden has been noted repeatedly on the campaign trail for having a reluctant, unenthusiastic demeanor.

"Ana Navarro: Biden's lack of energy is giving me 'Jeb Bush acid reflux'
    https://thehill.com/homenews/media/4...sh-acid-reflux

Time- "Why Joe Biden's Campaign is Struggling"
    https://time.com/5634771/joe-biden-problems/

According to many sources, the Ukraine card into Biden and his son has been played by Giuliani (Trump's personal lawyer) for months now, traveling to Ukraine to press for investigatory aid in a flagrant disregard for protocol, however potentially well-intentioned it was (or not), in a bid toward opposition research on the Democratic frontrunner.

http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019/...peachment.html

What if the two are connected? Mind you, this is totally what Joseph Farrell would call "high octane speculation".

What if Biden has known that a slow-growing investigatory trap has been set for months, with himself as the potential bait? What if he has known that some group or groups have been ready to use this as a sacrificial pivot, or maybe even that there was enough meat there on his side that it probably wouldn't work out for him?

Further, going out on a really wild limb (and this is kind of well past high-octane speculation and into non-combustible energy speculation)- I'm not even going to spell it out, but Giuliani has always been known in NY as an old friend of the FBI.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...oes-he-really/

Quote Giuliani is a former U.S. attorney and New York mayor whose former law firm represents the FBI Agents Association
    And this one from just before the 2016 election- "As Trump Ally, Rudy Giuliani Boasts of Ties to F.B.I."
    https://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/04/n...o-the-fbi.html

I say all this hopefully somewhat objectively from a conjecture perspective- my personal policy views have liberal sympathies, though I'm not a fan of the DNC or the mainstream Democratic party. I did not vote for Trump. Just to let it be about the speculation of the story and not needing to speculate about where the OP is coming from. I'm not drawing any conclusions, I'm just seeing there are some weirdly obvious signposts that suggest larger considerations for some key players toward this inquiry and the election.

If not the original impetus to run, what if Biden's unenthusiastic run has been dogged because he's known for months that he would/could become a fall guy, regardless of his guilt or innocence?
    Last edited by jcking; 26th September 2019 at 03:50.

2. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to jcking For This Post:

Alekahn2 (1st October 2019), Arcturian108 (26th September 2019), Ba-ba-Ra (26th September 2019), Bill Ryan (26th September 2019), cursichella1 (1st October 2019), Deux Corbeaux (26th September 2019), edina (26th September 2019), enigma3 (29th September 2019), Franny (28th September 2019), Gracy (20th November 2019), Ol' Roy (28th September 2019), Sadieblue (27th September 2019), Satori (26th September 2019), shaberon (26th September 2019), Soda (27th September 2019), T Smith (26th September 2019), toppy (26th September 2019)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member thepainterdoug's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,162 times in 3,159 posts

Default Re: All about Trump's 'impeachment'

jcking/ thanks for the post. I'm fascinated how we all seem to need to tiptoe around who we voted for or what are politics are. This used to be territory of open debate at one time and people could openly say and be respected for their choices .
    my entire life i voted , "liberal" in a sense. for democrats.
    However, for the first time in my adult life , I didn't vote in this last election , but was absolutely delighted when Trump won.
    Since, i am neither a trump lover or hater, Im a trump observer and fascinated what we , this country has created.

the entire soup to nuts, both parties political system is completely corrupt. if the economy stays good, and no new wars are created, Trump will be reelected and just fine with that.

but to buy into one party or another is sheer insanity at this point. we have allowed ourselves to be divided and righteous
    its the bankers and big business that run the world anyway so we should all chill when it come to this stupid finger pointing.

no new wars!!! ill take that

4. The Following 31 Users Say Thank You to thepainterdoug For This Post:

Alekahn2 (1st October 2019), Arcturian108 (26th September 2019), Art (20th December 2019), Ba-ba-Ra (26th September 2019), Bill Ryan (26th September 2019), Chester (25th November 2019), Deux Corbeaux (26th September 2019), enigma3 (29th September 2019), Hym (28th September 2019), Intranuclear (27th September 2019), Ivanhoe (26th September 2019), Iyakum (1st October 2019), jagman (26th November 2019), jcking (26th September 2019), lightwalker (28th September 2019), Matt P (27th September 2019), mountain_jim (28th September 2019), Mr.Write (29th September 2019), Nan (14th November 2019), onevoice (26th September 2019), Rosemarie (27th September 2019), Sadieblue (27th September 2019), shaberon (26th September 2019), sherron44 (24th December 2019), Soda (27th September 2019), spade (5th October 2019), Sue (Ayt) (27th September 2019), T Smith (26th September 2019), toppy (26th September 2019), Valerie Villars (26th September 2019), Vangelo (28th September 2019)

5. Link to Post #3
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,505 times in 4,009 posts

The impression I get for the Impeachment Inquiry is that firstly it is a matter that the House does not like something and is interested in removing an official (usually judges). Secondly the thing that seems to bother them is that Trump allegedly withheld military aid from Ukraine as a type of extortion.

Now this is like a speeding ticket or something where if it's five miles an hour, I just look the other way and forget about you. But in someone's perception, he's doing eighty in a parking lot.

Their issue is (a) he committed extortion or (b) it is because Biden was a target or (c) Ukraine might have been missing promises from its war chest. Or that they just don't like him and think this will either get rid of him, or be a bit of a smear.

As far as Biden running just so the exact chain of events would happen? I am not sure who would have known there would have been questions about his son's business that would have been forced in a perhaps illegal manner resulting in this. I am not sure the whole thing has enough evidence to have much standing. Trump seems to think Biden was bragging about stopping the investigation.

It is difficult for me to imagine Biden ever having those qualities his campaign is said to have lacked.

How enough of our money has been stolen to make any kind of issue about Ukranian military aid is an extremely serious problem.

I don't know if it's a new war, but the U. S. has got fifteen bases in Syria, along the lines of 100 US troops are stationed in small military base of al-Mabroukeh near borders with Turkey...the US marine are stationed inside military bases of the Syrian Democratic Forces in a bid to train the SDF militias while in most of the oil and gas zones of Eastern Syria small military bases comprising 50 US soldiers are stationed to take control over those zones.

Same SDF that keeps getting kicked out of places because of forced child conscription.

Trump is apparently going to meet the Iranian president.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to shaberon For This Post:

Bill Ryan (26th September 2019), enigma3 (29th September 2019), ExomatrixTV (26th September 2019), Soda (27th September 2019), thepainterdoug (26th September 2019), Valerie Villars (26th September 2019)

7. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Member Ba-ba-Ra's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,315 times in 1,567 posts

Quote Posted by thepainterdoug (here)

my entire life i voted , "liberal" in a sense. for democrats.
    However, for the first time in my adult life , I didn't vote in this last election , but was absolutely delighted when Trump won.
    Since, i am neither a trump lover or hater, Im a trump observer and fascinated what we , this country has created.

the entire soup to nuts, both parties political system is completely corrupt. if the economy stays good, and no new wars are created, Trump will be reelected and just fine with that.

but to buy into one party or another is sheer insanity at this point. we have allowed ourselves to be divided and righteous
    its the bankers and big business that run the world anyway so we should all chill when it come to this stupid finger pointing.

no new wars!!! ill take that

Pretty much the same for me. I was surprised Trump won, but glad HRC didn't. Know too much about the Clintons.

You're right about keeping us fighting between ourselves, that way we don't look at them.

I don't see Trump as neither Democratic or Republican (remember, in the beginning, the Republcan's in office gave him as much criticism as the Dems - and many still do, as Deep State is neither Rep or Dem, it goes across party lines. This is not a fight between left and right, it's a fight between right and wrong.

Regarding Ukraine:

It's like the Dems forgot completely we have had a ratified Treaty of Mutual Legal Assistance in Criminal Matters with the Ukraine since 2000. It was pushed forward by none other than @BillClinton.
    -
    @realDonaldTrump has every right to pursue Ukraine's assistance.

#Crowdstrike is the Google company the DNC paid to "examine" their servers; after refusing to turn them over to the FBI.
    The Dems are panicked in the extreme because Trump asked Ukraine to look into the matter.
    Blessed are the cracked, for they are the ones who let in the light!

8. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Ba-ba-Ra For This Post:

Art (20th December 2019), BushPilot (30th September 2019), cursichella1 (1st October 2019), Deux Corbeaux (26th September 2019), enigma3 (29th September 2019), Franny (28th September 2019), Sadieblue (27th September 2019), T Smith (26th September 2019), thepainterdoug (26th September 2019)

9. Link to Post #5
    United States Avalon Member onevoice's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,956 times in 538 posts

Here is the unclassified version of the summarized Ukraine phone conversation:
    Unclassified09.2019.pdf

Also the link to the unclassified version of the whistle blower letter.

I don't see any impeachable offense here, the democrats are over-hyping the situation.

Michael Gray's latest take on this situation says that the Democrats are playing Russian roulette, to which I agree.
    Quote Dems play Russian roulette with Ukraine
    Posted on September 26, 2019 by Michael Gray
    When is an impeachment not an impeachment?

When Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi says it is. Pelosi opened up “an inquiry” but did not formally take a vote on the House floor to proceed with drafting articles of impeachment.

So you get the upside of impeachment headlines without actually doing anything.

When is a quid pro quo not a quid pro quo?

When you are Vice President of the United States and you tell the former President of Ukraine to fire a prosecutor looking into your son’s involvement of being named to the board of the country’s largest energy company or the $1 billion in aid will be held up.

However, if you request a favor of the new Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky to see what went on with Hunter Biden’s appointment as well as with Ukrainian billionaire Dmitri Alperovitch, who co-founded CrowdStrike, the controversial cybersecurity firm that the Democratic National Committee used as opposed to the FBI in 2016 to examine if its computer servers were compromised by Russian hackers.

Trump appears to be asserting that the private Hillary Clinton server containing many missing emails still sits in the country. The President would also like to know why the prosecutor was fired. Zelensky tells Trump that he will have a new prosecutor in place by September to look into the matter.

To put it another way, President Trump was asking Ukraine to look into serious and troubling issues regarding foreign interference into an American election and that may be an impeachable offense. Hmm

So welcome to the world of Jobberwocky. Where up is down and left is right. Perhaps today’s news will set things right.

At some point the Hunter becomes the hunted. Stay tuned.
    Last edited by onevoice; 26th September 2019 at 17:36.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to onevoice For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (26th September 2019), BushPilot (30th September 2019), cursichella1 (1st October 2019), enigma3 (29th September 2019), Gracy (27th September 2019), Sadieblue (27th September 2019)

11. Link to Post #6
    Netherlands Avalon Member ExomatrixTV's Avatar
    Language
    English, Dutch, German, Limburgs
    Thanks
    Thanked 125,662 times in 20,817 posts

Exclamation Re: All about Trump's 'impeachment'

Did Nancy Pelosi Just Make One Of The Biggest Political Mistakes In History?

Transcript Breakdown: Phone Call Between Trump and Ukraine President a “non-smoking gun”

Impeachment Backfires: Trump Raises $5 Million In 24 Hours

MSM Deception: Watch Dishonest Pundits Blatantly Lie About Trump-Ukraine Transcript

The Trump WHISTLEBLOWER Story Is A SHAM!

Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 26th September 2019 at 18:23.
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (26th September 2019), BushPilot (30th September 2019), enigma3 (29th September 2019), onevoice (27th September 2019), Sadieblue (27th September 2019), Valerie Villars (26th September 2019)

13. Link to Post #7
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,413 times in 1,676 posts

Quote Posted by shaberon (here)
    Trump seems to think Biden was bragging about stopping the investigation.
    Just in case anyone is unsure about this, Trump's comments here aren't really an alleged accusation.

Say what you will about the impeachment inquiry, but one would be hard pressed to advance the argument that Biden's "bragging" about stopping the investigation is merely a figment of Trump's imagination:

14. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to T Smith For This Post:

Alekahn2 (28th September 2019), Ba-ba-Ra (26th September 2019), BushPilot (30th September 2019), Deux Corbeaux (26th September 2019), ExomatrixTV (26th September 2019), Gracy (27th September 2019), rgray222 (29th October 2019), Sadieblue (27th September 2019), Valerie Villars (26th September 2019)

15. Link to Post #8
    Language
    Thanks
    Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 26th September 2019 at 19:36.
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Alekahn2 (28th September 2019), Ba-ba-Ra (26th September 2019), BushPilot (30th September 2019), Deux Corbeaux (26th September 2019), enigma3 (29th September 2019), Sadieblue (27th September 2019)

17. Link to Post #9
    Language
    Thanks

House Republicans blast Dems' impeachment inquiry in fiery press conference:

Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 26th September 2019 at 19:45.

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Alekahn2 (28th September 2019), Ba-ba-Ra (27th September 2019), enigma3 (29th September 2019), onevoice (27th September 2019), Sadieblue (28th September 2019)

19. Link to Post #10
    Language
    Thanks

450 Documents Released tie Biden in Ukraine Scandal - Trump WH Scandal is Cover-Up

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

enigma3 (29th September 2019), jagman (26th November 2019), rgray222 (29th October 2019), Sadieblue (28th September 2019)

21. Link to Post #11
    Australia Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,462 times in 950 posts

i have this conspiracy...seems that these group of TPTB want a war like iran for a while but got stop few time..remember recent story about Saudi Oil and Iran? could this be end of trump and get someone in? **** happen quickly after Bolton got fired..

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to apokalypse For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (27th September 2019), T Smith (30th September 2019)

23. Link to Post #12
    Language
    Thanks

How Trump impeachment will finish off Biden (Full show).

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (27th September 2019), enigma3 (29th September 2019), Sadieblue (28th September 2019)

25. Link to Post #13
    United States Avalon Member onevoice's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,956 times in 538 posts

Here are some more details about the Ukraine whistle blower by Michael Gray:

Ukraine whistleblower may still be in Trump’s camp
    Posted on September 27, 2019 by Michael Gray

As I reported Thursday, The CIA whistleblower on President Trump’s telephone call with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky is believed to be Ezra Cohen-Watnick.
    Cohen-Watnick was the former national security aide to Trump — who was pushed out of the administration by incoming National Security Advisor H.R. McMaster in September 2017.

Cohen-Watnick, at Trump’s insistence, was then hired by former Attorney General Jeff Sessions’s office in April 2018 to be the Justice Department’s national security advisor. This move is believed to be one of the reasons McMaster stepped down in the same month.

Many White House observers believed Cohen-Watnick, 33, was Trump’s fair-haired advisor having come to the administration with Lt. Gen Michael Flynn from the Defense Intelligence Agency. Cohen-Watnick earlier in his brief career trained at the CIA facility Camp Peary, known as The Farm. He also did a tour in Afghanistan before working under Flynn.

Cohen-Watnick had a good working relationship with fellow-Republican Rep. Devin Nunes, the current ranking member on the House Intelligence Committee. Both men were actively pursuing separately the use of intelligence agencies spying on Trump administration officials.

While some believe the source of the tip was Michael Barry, Cohen-Watnick’s replacement as Senior Director for Intelligence Programs for the National Security Council, I believe Cohen-Watnick fits the profile. I say this especially if this turns out to be another futile attempt to sling mud on the administration.
    Look at the chain of events following the the phone call.

The White House is notified by Acting Director of National Intelligence Joseph Maguire that a they received a whistleblower report concerning the phone call.

The Trump legal team requests time to determine if Executive Privilege is to be used before reporting it to the Senate and House Intelligence Committees.

The White House then releases both the transcript of the call and the whistleblower letter.

The transcript taken in its entirety, which did not happen in most of the news reports, shows no quid pro quo.

The whistleblower letter states that the information about the call comes from second-hand conversations with no direct knowledge.

This appears to add up to another loss on the Democrats impeachment push.

However the upside for the White House on releasing the transcript of the call is that it uncovered further information on Joe Biden’s and Hillary Clinton’s ties to Ukraine prior to the 2016 election.

That could be called 4-D Chess.

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to onevoice For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (27th September 2019), edina (27th September 2019), enigma3 (29th September 2019), Sadieblue (28th September 2019), T Smith (30th September 2019)

27. Link to Post #14
    Language
    Thanks

The Circus Continues!

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (27th September 2019), enigma3 (29th September 2019), Sadieblue (28th September 2019)

29. Link to Post #15
    United States Avalon Member Ratszinger's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,278 times in 1,399 posts

I don't think this is going to turn out as people think it is. Trump is not someone I voted for. I would neither be upset or pleased if he won again at this writing but it would upset me if anything happens to Trump here by what I've read now twice, he is not guilty of the things he is accused of doing. Plain and simple though, Joe Biden is, and so is Charles Murphy another rep. and another story. The fact is based on my understanding it appears Trump knew he'd be sticking his neck on the chopping block to get the goings on of Biden and Murphy out to the public but they could not bring it forward into discovery any other way. Now it is done. The people are learning that the truth is the democrats have hurt future presidential communications for all future presidents both dem and rep. and they have likely changed the trust level of all world leaders toward conversations with the president no matter who it is all because a committee on a witch hunt if I've ever seen one made their private statements public. They'll never trust another communication over any phone or network now regardless of what apologies we make.

The democrats did this jumping to conclusions using the media which everyone knows they control, and before they saw fact one they painted pictures. They lied about the DNI director saying he would resign. They lied about statements by Trump, and then the committee chair stands before America and tells everyone a fantasy narrative stated as fact! When this all comes out and the damage begins to be realized some people should hang for this in my opinion. None of this was justified no matter how much I hate Trump or wish he never was elected. They made a serious mistake here on the left mark my words. I wish it wasn't so. But it is what it is.
    The genius consistently stands out from the masses in that he unconsciously anticipates truths of which the population as a whole only later becomes conscious! Speech-circa 1937

30. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Ratszinger For This Post:

Alekahn2 (28th September 2019), Ba-ba-Ra (27th September 2019), edina (27th September 2019), enigma3 (29th September 2019), onevoice (27th September 2019), Sadieblue (28th September 2019), Satori (28th September 2019), T Smith (30th September 2019)

31. Link to Post #16
    United States Unsubscribed
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,955 times in 1,944 posts

I think the term "clown show" being bandied about is the proper term for this. Both American political parties are corrupt to the core, both Biden and Trump are corrupt to the core, all we're setting up for here is a circular firing squad that will suck all the oxygen out of the room (yet again), leaving these people's REAL crimes continued in the shadows and stifling any chance at new ideas.

Lol, as Trump would say - "Sad".

As the world watches on shaking their heads, wondering which country is sadder the US, or the UK and their continuing Brexit debacle...

32. Link to Post #17
    United States Honored, Retired Member. Ron passed in October 2022.
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,257 times in 2,136 posts

What if impeachment proceedings are simply a diversion of attention away from some other story that would be more prominent in the news?

Those who would herd us into global government and destruction of the Constitution might use this diversion to remove attention from Red Flag confiscation of firearms, something they have a chance of doing. They have no chance of getting impeachment approved by the Senate.

A Red Flag law, currently being discussed in Congress, would allow law enforcement to confiscate firearms, without due process. No judge and no defense attorney, initiated simply because *anyone* had an opinion that a firearm owner was dangerous to himself or others. The "opinion" may be simply that the accuser did not like the firearm owner's political posture.

It may take outrageous finance expenditures to get firearms returned to their rightful owner.

Currently, firearms can be confiscated using due process with a judge and defense attorney. We should never allow confiscation without due process of law.
    Last edited by Ron Mauer Sr; 27th September 2019 at 16:14.

33. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ron Mauer Sr For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (27th September 2019), East Sun (27th November 2019), Sadieblue (28th September 2019), T Smith (30th September 2019), thepainterdoug (27th September 2019)

34. Link to Post #18
    Language
    Thanks

35. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (27th September 2019), Sadieblue (28th September 2019), thepainterdoug (27th September 2019)

36. Link to Post #19
    Australia Avalon Member
    Thanks

holy crap...they setup this **** from the start.

81Share 48Tweet Email
    Between May 2018 and August 2019, the intelligence community secretly eliminated a requirement that whistleblowers provide direct, first-hand knowledge of alleged wrongdoings. This raises questions about the intelligence community’s behavior regarding the August submission of a whistleblower complaint against President Donald Trump. The new complaint document no longer requires potential whistleblowers who wish to have their concerns expedited to Congress to have direct, first-hand knowledge of the alleged wrongdoing that they are reporting.
    https://thefederalist.com/2019/09/27...wer-knowledge/

37. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to apokalypse For This Post:

enigma3 (29th September 2019), Sadieblue (29th September 2019), Satori (28th September 2019), T Smith (30th September 2019)

38. Link to Post #20
    Australia Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Gracy May (here)
    I think the term "clown show" being bandied about is the proper term for this. Both American political parties are corrupt to the core, both Biden and Trump are corrupt to the core, all we're setting up for here is a circular firing squad that will suck all the oxygen out of the room (yet again), leaving these people's REAL crimes continued in the shadows and stifling any chance at new ideas.

Lol, as Trump would say - "Sad".

As the world watches on shaking their heads, wondering which country is sadder the US, or the UK and their continuing Brexit debacle...
    that's how i feel and pissed off...i love projectavalon stick to the guns no Left Vs Right have good discussion while other sites from conspiracy/alternative so into it taking sides.

39. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to apokalypse For This Post:

Chester (6th February 2020), Gracy (28th September 2019), T Smith (30th September 2019), Victoria (9th October 2019)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 23 1 11 23 LastLast