Thread: Interesting new sighting over the ocean

1. Link to Post #1
    Netherlands Avalon Member ExomatrixTV's Avatar
    Language
    English, Dutch, German, Limburgs
    Thanks
    Thanked 124,906 times in 20,684 posts

Exclamation Interesting new sighting over the ocean

No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Alekahn2 (12th October 2019), Bill Ryan (12th October 2019), I should cocoa (13th October 2019), Inversion (13th October 2019), rgray222 (12th October 2019), RunningDeer (12th October 2019), Sadieblue (13th October 2019), Sunny-side-up (12th October 2019)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,292 times in 18,139 posts

Default Re: Interesting new sighting over the ocean

Quote Posted by ExomatrixTV (here)

Hi John. I was struck by how there’s over a million views and the William Guy YouTube only has 239 subscribers. Interesting points on why spend so much time on filming an empty ocean rather than the sighting? And why record for only 30 seconds?

A few comments suggested it was military exercises with parachutes and flares. The video below is a demonstration of Intel Shooting Star drones. I added it because it demonstrates how far they've come and how easy it is to dupe everyone.

Screen shot from above video: 1) regular 2) with filter 3) notice the uniform dot in centers of many

Video Comments:
    Al & Holly Urioste - Geez man, zoom in or something. Focus on the subject instead of showing empty ocean. And keep filming! There are bound to be other videos from other people on the ferry, hopefully they're better than this.

OmegaB3N - Why would you not record every second you could of this. Where did they go, did they move, did you get closer, WHY WOULD YOU STOP RECORDING??!!?

mwara2444 - It could be flares they look exactly like military flares called parachute flares. That's why we need longer video. Parachute players float to the ground they are not stationary and you can tell with a minute or two more minutes of video.

scombrid2 - He cut the recording short because he is just trolling for clicks. I guarantee that someone on that ferry or over to Swan Quarter was able to tell him exactly what they were if he didn't already know. They were illumination flares over a bombing range near the mouth of the Neuse River. They weren't out over the open ocean. There are people that live in down east Carteret County that were practically right under those 'mysterious orbs’.

Zachary Henning - They are flairs. I'm a big UFO enthusiast with a couple sightings myself, but these are flairs. You can see the trail of smoke above each one if you look closely.

automan1223 - Largest wad of military training flares I have seen, usually they just launch a few. Training was off the hook the last many months. Restricted airspace was hot for weeks. Now it is quiet.

zoron9102 - I saw them over the coast line in Santa Cruz CA on September 19th at sunset! It was crazy. They slowly got brighter and dimmer and repeat for like 20 times. They stayed in formation and moved across the horizon. They would completely disappear for a while and then come back. But they didn't come on all at the same time they would be ever so slightly staggered as they would brighten up. Never seen anything like it. The whole sighting was around 20 minutes.

'Similar to fireworks, but a lot cooler.'
    Watch Intel's effort to break drone record
    (4:35 minutes)

Sacramento Bee
    Intel dazzled its Folsom audience on July 15, 2018 with a spectacular light show designed to feature 1,500 drones, in an effort to outdo its previous world record of 1,218 Intel Shooting Star drones. The performance displayed multicolored choreography including bright, fireworks-like orbs. A single pilot mans the entire fleet of light-emitting remotely controlled machines.
    Video by Paul Kitagaki Jr.
    [Read more]
    Last edited by RunningDeer; 17th May 2020 at 16:10.

4. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Alekahn2 (12th October 2019), Bill Ryan (12th October 2019), ExomatrixTV (12th October 2019), Inversion (13th October 2019), Iyakum (14th October 2019), muxfolder (12th October 2019), Sadieblue (13th October 2019), Siphonemis (13th October 2019), Star Tsar (12th October 2019), Sunny-side-up (12th October 2019)

5. Link to Post #3
    Language
    Dutch
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,567 times in 207 posts

That was my first thougt too, if i saw something like this, and think: this could be something special, i’d focud on the light till my batteries run out of power.
    So i say: no ufo or something special.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dick For This Post:

Alekahn2 (12th October 2019), Bill Ryan (12th October 2019), ExomatrixTV (12th October 2019), RunningDeer (12th October 2019), Sunny-side-up (12th October 2019)

7. Link to Post #4
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,003 times in 2,188 posts

Quote Posted by Dick (here)
    That was my first thougt too, if i saw something like this, and think: this could be something special, i’d focud on the light till my batteries run out of power.
    So i say: no ufo or something special.
    Granted we only see the sides of the ferry for a very brief moment but I beleive it is critical to put something other than sky and ocean into your video. It gives it some perspective and it become possible to measure size and distance from where the video is being taken. It also give it a more realistic feel. As to why he only shot or posted 30 seconds I have no idea.

I was in this same area about 6 weeks ago and saw an amazing sight. It was about dusk and on the horizon out over the ocean there was a beam of light that went straight up for about 1/2 - 3/4 of a kilometre. A very bright ball of light went straight up the beam of light and glowed very brightly for about 3 seconds and then dissipated. This lasted for about 30 minutes before it stopped. I tried to take a video with my phone but it was so small it was almost impossible to make out. I had high powered binoculars with me which enabled us to see it exceptionally well. There were no ships or anything else on the horizon other than this spike of light.

There are a lot of military in this area so anything is possible.
    Last edited by rgray222; 12th October 2019 at 18:56.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to rgray222 For This Post:

Alekahn2 (12th October 2019), Bill Ryan (12th October 2019), Dick (12th October 2019), I should cocoa (13th October 2019), RunningDeer (12th October 2019), Sunny-side-up (12th October 2019)

9. Link to Post #5
    Language
    Thanks

Exclamation Re: Interesting new sighting over the ocean

For the record I did not post this as a separate post nor did I claim it "must" be UFOs, it was just a comment here

Some one of the Avalon moderators or admins decided to make a stand alone post with my name next to it ...

1 of many reasons it got so many views is because of this and this and many more MSM reports!
    Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 13th October 2019 at 15:15.
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Dick (12th October 2019), RunningDeer (12th October 2019)

11. Link to Post #6
    Language
    Thanks

Quote Posted by RunningDeer (here)
    please delete this comment, deleting own comments should be made easy & intuitive but it isn't :/
    You can change the content within the post like you did, or you can click the triangle at the bottom, left to request the post be deleted. Only administration can do that.

in short, there is no option of self-governance
    Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 13th October 2019 at 16:44.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

RunningDeer (13th October 2019)

13. Link to Post #7
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,481 times in 1,331 posts

Quote Posted by RunningDeer (here)
    please delete this comment, deleting own comments should be made easy & intuitive but it isn't :/
    You can change the content within the post like you did, or you can click the triangle at the bottom, left to request the post be deleted. Only administration can do that.

in short, there is no option of self-governance
    Moderator Note from Cara:

I’ve deleted several posts at RunningDeer’s request.

~~~

In reply to the question about members’ ability to delete posts, there are a few reasons why members do not have the ability to delete posts.

The most basic reason is that this a part of the way vBulletin works. The system allows posts to be deleted by moderators and administrators.

A second reason - and perhaps the motivation for how vBulletin have designed the system - is that threads might easily be reduced to a series of disjointed nonsense if a lot of posts were quickly and suddenly deleted (which might easily happen on a heated exchange) .

Another thing to consider is that posting in a thread is a little like saying something in a live conversation - one can't go back in time and 'unsay' it. Unlike in a conversation, in a post, one can always go back and edit to explain what was meant or let people know you’ve decided not to comment after all.
    Last edited by Cara; 13th October 2019 at 17:19.
    *I have loved the stars too dearly to be fearful of the night*

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Cara For This Post:

Bill Ryan (13th October 2019), gs_powered (13th October 2019), Hervé (13th October 2019), Iyakum (14th October 2019), RunningDeer (13th October 2019)

+ Reply to Thread