1. Link to Post #1
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,482 times in 1,331 posts

Default United Arab Emirates will build first official synagogue

Well, I guess it was going to happen sometime .... and now it has:

Quote United Arab Emirates will build first official synagogue
    Synagogue, slated to be completed by 2022, will be part of multi-faith complex called the Abrahamic Family House in capital Abu Dhabi.

Dubai marina in the evening

Construction on the first official synagogue in the United Arab Emirates will begin in several months.

The synagogue, slated to be completed by 2022, will be part of a multi-faith complex called the Abrahamic Family House in the capital Abu Dhabi, Reuters reported, citing the Abu Dhabi-based newspaper the National. The complex also will contain a mosque and a church.

A small group of Jews who live in the city reportedly meet for worship in a private home.

The UAE does not have diplomatic relations with Israel.
    From: http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/269317

~~~

“a multi-faith complex called the Abrahamic Family House in the capital Abu Dhabi”

Abrahamic Family House? Interesting positioning.
    Last edited by Cara; 15th October 2019 at 03:42.
    *I have loved the stars too dearly to be fearful of the night*

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Cara For This Post:

Bill Ryan (16th October 2019), Franny (15th October 2019), Hervé (15th October 2019), Iyakum (15th October 2019), Mashika (15th October 2019), RogeRio (15th October 2019), Tintin (15th October 2019), toppy (15th October 2019), Valerie Villars (15th October 2019)

3. Link to Post #2
    On Sabbatical
    Language
    None
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,830 times in 3,335 posts

Default Re: United Arab Emirates will build first official synagogue

Isn't there like a big conflict between Judaism and Islam? I'm not sure how this would play with most people who are not very welcoming to Judaism, or the other way around.

Specially with both buildings on the same complex, it could be law but i don't know if people can respect law that much, i know i have seen similar situations in other countries before, and it turned out very bad
    Tired

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mashika For This Post:

Bill Ryan (16th October 2019), Cara (15th October 2019), Franny (15th October 2019), Iyakum (15th October 2019), Tintin (15th October 2019), toppy (15th October 2019)

5. Link to Post #3
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,482 times in 1,331 posts

As you might see from my profile, I live in Dubai, United Arab Emirates and the context to this - as for anything in the Middle East - is “it’s complicated”.

The UAE for the most part seems to follow a pragmatic strategy when it comes to foreign relations.

Over the last few years there has been a steadily building public sending of conciliatory “signals” from Saudi Arabia (the UAE’s large next door neighbour) towards Israel. It has started to be mentioned here and there that there are unofficial ties and a growing cooperation between the two.

There are some indications that the foreign policy of Saudi Arabia seems to have been somewhat influenced by the sheik of Abu Dhabi. So this announcement is probably part of a longer term strategy of “building ties”.

Two threads that may be of particular interest for context are:
    https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...t-Rubik-s-Cube
    https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...-Our-Very-Eyes
    Last edited by Cara; 15th October 2019 at 04:17.
    *I have loved the stars too dearly to be fearful of the night*

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Cara For This Post:

Bill Ryan (16th October 2019), Franny (15th October 2019), Iyakum (15th October 2019), Mashika (15th October 2019), Tintin (15th October 2019), toppy (15th October 2019)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,133 times in 173 posts

I agree with Cara. I was in Dubai a long time ago, the UAE was more open than Saudi Arabia at the time I was there. At that time I could feel that the Saudi neighbor was trying to influence over to the UAE. Nevertheless, UAE/Dubai has always been the pioneer of the future.

I can not say for sure when the UAE especially Dubai realized that their own oil reserves will not last much longer. But the country learned to handle it very quickly and thus opened up.

As Cara has already realized, this is a signal originally coming from the Saudi. The signal is for the whole world, opening a synagogue is a huge step. Wait how Iran reacts. In any case, it is a sting in the heart of the fanatical Islamic Republic.

This afternoon at four o'clock European time, I will listen to radio free Iran based in Israel. Wait what Iran says. I can only hope that the signals are good, but who knows. I will tell you when there is news.
    Iyakum
    All the questions we have, all the answers we are looking for, about the meaning of life. Mother Nature, she has already answered, we just have to read it.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Iyakum For This Post:

Bill Ryan (16th October 2019), Cara (15th October 2019), Mashika (20th October 2019), Tintin (15th October 2019), Valerie Villars (15th October 2019)

9. Link to Post #5
    Netherlands Avalon Member ExomatrixTV's Avatar
    Language
    English, Dutch, German, Limburgs
    Thanks
    Thanked 127,263 times in 21,088 posts

Does a country "build a Synagogue" or does a country allow some one else to build a Synagogue in their country
    Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 16th October 2019 at 13:22.
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Bill Ryan (16th October 2019), gs_powered (16th October 2019), Iyakum (20th October 2019), jjjones (16th October 2019), Mashika (20th October 2019)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks

Quote Posted by ExomatrixTV (here)
    Does a country "build a Synagogue" or does a country allow some one else to build a Synagogue in their country
    Oh yeah, that´s a very good question.

I listen to Radio Free Iran every day in Jerusalem, USA and over many other countries. Only for the moment does the Islamic government have anything to do other than to look after a synagogue. That the influence of the USA / Israel and GB does not become too strong.
    Iyakum
    All the questions we have, all the answers we are looking for, about the meaning of life. Mother Nature, she has already answered, we just have to read it.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Iyakum For This Post:

ExomatrixTV (20th October 2019), Mashika (20th October 2019)

13. Link to Post #7
    Language
    Thanks

Wink Re: United Arab Emirates will build first official synagogue

@Iyakum I guess you are a fan of Babylon 5 studying you creepy avatar!
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

14. The Following User Says Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Iyakum (21st October 2019)

15. Link to Post #8
    Thanks

@ExomatrixTV, yep that´s right.

I liked the series, but especially the graphics used at that time. For me the Ships of Shadows were the most beautiful, then the Vorlon ship. Just a pity that they have discontinued the series ...
    Iyakum

16. Link to Post #9
    Language
    Thanks

Iyakum I uploaded this time ago:

+ Reply to Thread