+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Inspiring and Uplifting Art: a gift of grace

1. Link to Post #21
    Thanks
    Thanked 301,999 times in 22,368 posts

Default Re: Inspiring and Uplifting Art: a gift of grace

Quote Posted by Jill (here)
    Couldn't upload picture so want to delete this post but not sure how to do it
    Quote Posted by Zirconian (here)
    I've been having difficulty uploading posts too!
    If there seem to be any embedding problems, do please send any images to me by email (bill@projectavalon.net), and I'll happily embed them for you in your posts.

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Agape (26th July 2020), anandacate (28th July 2020), Anka (26th July 2020), EFO (26th July 2020), Jill (28th July 2020), Ken (26th July 2020), Stephanie (29th July 2020), wondering (28th July 2020), Yoda (26th July 2020), Zirconian (26th July 2020)

3. Link to Post #22
    Language
    Romanian
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,090 times in 1,365 posts

Quote Posted by Anka (here)
    The Endless Column, made by Constantin Brancusi in Targu Jiu, Romania, it is a wooden sculpture and symbolizes the Infinite Sacrifice of Romanian soldiers and it is considered the top point of the modern Art. The column was installed in a park just outside the city, in an open space that gives the impression of exploding from the earth like a trunk that is attracted to the sky.
    I see the column also as a living spectrum of sacred genomic transcendence, a portal to what the universe might mean to each individual, a blueprint in full revolution.

I see art in us humans, I see art in Nature, only a personalization with art itself gives us a clear perspective on life and that is all beauty.

Greetings to all art lovers!

Love,
    Anca
    That is the official symbolism;the unofficial and what Brancusi represented was what today is known as DNA,but in his times he consider it an endless spiral which bond the Earth with Universe. Sort of:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	84328402_608781459909672_344734343127629824_n.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	30.5 KB
ID:	43969

EDIT
    Brancusi as Hasdeu in writing was highly esoteric in his sculptures.
    Last edited by EFO; 26th July 2020 at 13:37. Reason: adding text
    "Your planet is forbidden for an open visit - extremely aggressive social environment,despite almost perfect climatic conditions.Almost 4 billion violent deaths for the last 5000 years and about 15000 major military conflicts in the same period."

4. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to EFO For This Post:

Agape (26th July 2020), anandacate (28th July 2020), Anka (26th July 2020), Bill Ryan (26th July 2020), Bluegreen (28th July 2020), Hym (28th July 2020), Ken (26th July 2020), Stephanie (29th July 2020), Wind (26th July 2020), wondering (28th July 2020), Zirconian (27th July 2020)

5. Link to Post #23
    Great Britain Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Years ago, I watched my friend painting a landscape with the most vivid colours. So much so, the landscape looked like a fantasy.

My friend showed me the artist behind the inspiration. I think he was Canadian and drew landscapes from Western Canada. His pictures stayed with me for a long while.

A few years ago I had an insight into a possible new world, the colours were bright and vivid, not unlike the Canadian artist's landscapes.

I've tried searching for him on the web, to share with you, with no success, though I did manage to find an artist that paints a little like him but not so vivid.

However, his artwork does capture how I feel about Canada and it's landscapes.

Last edited by Bill Ryan; 27th July 2020 at 19:47. Reason: fixed one broken image link

6. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Zirconian For This Post:

anandacate (28th July 2020), Anka (28th July 2020), Bayareamom (29th July 2020), Bill Ryan (27th July 2020), Bluegreen (28th July 2020), EFO (29th July 2020), Hym (28th July 2020), Jill (28th July 2020), Ken (28th July 2020), Stephanie (29th July 2020), Trisher (31st July 2020), Wind (28th July 2020), wondering (28th July 2020)

7. Link to Post #24
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,119 times in 157 posts

Bill, thank you for your help and introducing me to the artist's name - Lorenzo Veneziano. Really like all the rich gold textures in this painting.

Last edited by Bill Ryan; 28th July 2020 at 21:48. Reason: embedded the image

8. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Jill For This Post:

Alekahn2 (2nd August 2020), Anka (28th July 2020), Bayareamom (29th July 2020), Bill Ryan (28th July 2020), Constance (29th July 2020), EFO (29th July 2020), Ken (28th July 2020), Stephanie (29th July 2020), Wind (31st July 2020), Zirconian (29th July 2020)

9. Link to Post #25
    Language
    Romanian
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,893 times in 442 posts

"'In New Age, the mandala is a diagram, chart or geometric pattern that represents the cosmos metaphysically or symbolically; a time-microcosm of the universe, but it originally meant to represent wholeness and a model for the organizational structure of life itself, a cosmic diagram that shows the relation to the infinite and the world that extends beyond and within minds and bodies.'"

Nature is the Art Store – Nature Mandala(4:17)

“Butterflies are self propelled flowers.”― Robert A. Heinlein

C. G. Jung :"A useful image to help us conceptualize the thread of personal unfoldment is the mandala. By mandala I mean a field with a midpoint, such as a sphere with a center. The field is the totality of your experience – your thoughts, feelings, sensations, perceptions, actions; it is the totality of your life at each moment.The center is where Being's dynamism touches your field, touches your mandala. This is where the transformation of experience begins, which then ripples through the whole field."

"Truth, like gold, is to be obtained not by its growth, but by washing away from it all that is not gold." — Leo Tolstoy

Every human is a question asked to the Spirit of the Universe,again and again,because every human is an endless row of humans and in all humans together dwelling the Great Human Spirit.

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Anka For This Post:

Bill Ryan (30th July 2020), EFO (31st July 2020), Jill (30th July 2020), Ken (31st July 2020), Trisher (31st July 2020), Wind (31st July 2020), Zirconian (30th July 2020)

11. Link to Post #26
    Language
    Romanian
    Thanks

Flowers in Art-Martin Johnson Heade ( 1819- 1904)

The most that I like: "Thunderstorm on Narragansett Bay"

"Magnolias on a blue velvet cloth "-Oil on canvas, Height: 38.4 cm (15.1 in); Width: 61.5 cm (24.2 in)

"Passion Flowers and Hummingbirds" - Oil on canvas, 39.37 x 54.93 cm (15 1/2 x 21 5/8 in.)

and,

"The Merry Cemetery" in the village of Săpânța, Maramureş county, Romania. It is famous for its colourful wood tombstones with naive paintings describing, in an original, comic and poetic manner, the people who are buried there as well as scenes from their lives. The Merry Cemetery became an open-air museum.

The unusual feature of this cemetery is that it diverges from the prevalent belief, culturally shared within European societies – a belief that views death as something indelibly solemn. Connections with the local Dacian culture have been made, a culture whose philosophical tenets presumably vouched for the immortality of the soul and the belief that death was a moment filled with joy and anticipation for a better life (see also Zalmoxianism).

A collection of the epitaphs from the Merry Cemetery exist in a photography book titled The Merry Cemetery of Sapanta by Peter Kayafas.

The artist Ioan Stan Patras, a simple man and a sculptor of wooden crosses, understood that death is part of life. This made him stop looking at death with the rigidity we are used to.
    It is assumed that the cheerful attitude towards death was a habit of the Dacians. They believed in eternal life, death being for them only a passage to another world. They did not see death as a tragic end but as a chance to meet the god Zamolxe.

In many areas of Romania, according to traditional tradition, the separation from the dead is done by good will. The vigil is considered to be the last party attended by both the dead and those left behind. Looking at things from this perspective, Ioan Stan Patras tried to transpose in his works, the essence of the deceased's life, in a happier way, which would make man look at death more easily.

For me it is an art of life, a masterpiece of the comfort of having the patience to acquire wisdom.

This song was performed at the Romanian Athenaeum, Bucharest.

The song is about an old man named "Ilie Patrunjel"( just as a symbol name), optimistic and wise, proud of his simple life in joy, play and dance, as it was, just life...
    He talks about his journey around the world and wishes the warmest good wishes and advice to "play life" with joy and songs and wishes all people on the planet to reach the age of 96 (just like his age)

Voices from the Merry Cemetery, 6, Ilie Persil(2:08)

As I wish all people, peace and health and the happiest and most fulfilled life!

Anca
    Every human is a question asked to the Spirit of the Universe,again and again,because every human is an endless row of humans and in all humans together dwelling the Great Human Spirit.

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Anka For This Post:

Alekahn2 (2nd August 2020), Bill Ryan (1st August 2020), EFO (2nd August 2020), Jill (2nd August 2020), Ken (2nd August 2020), Wind (2nd August 2020)

13. Link to Post #27
    Language
    Romanian
    Thanks

'Street art is unofficial and independent visual art created in public locations for public visibility. Street art is associated with the terms independent art, post-graffiti, neo-graffiti, and guerrilla art."

It may not be art, but it is a creation somewhere in the middle between the perspective of light and shadows
    The perfect angle always makes all the difference in any inspiration.

https://external-content.duckduckgo....6pid%3DApi&f=1

Creative Street Art From Around The World(13:20)

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Anka For This Post:

Bill Ryan (3rd August 2020), ClearWater (3rd August 2020), EFO (4th August 2020), Ernie Nemeth (4th August 2020), Ken (4th August 2020), Wind (3rd August 2020)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2