+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 'Humanity's Phase Shift', Daniel Schmachtenberger

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks

Default 'Humanity's Phase Shift', Daniel Schmachtenberger

watch the following youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQRz...ature=youtu.be

Rebel Wisdom

Daniel Schmachtenberger is a futurist, evolutionary philosopher and strategist, and social engineer.

This conversation with David Fuller of Rebel Wisdom looks at the growing civilisation-level crisis that we are beginning to see around us, and looks at what a genuine 'phase shift' for human progress might look like.

Rebel Wisdom is a platform for the biggest ideas around. http://www.rebelwisdom.co.uk/

Last edited by Hervé; 26th October 2019 at 10:28. Reason: Fluffed up the OP

2. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to kfm27917 For This Post:

Alecs (26th October 2019), Ayt (26th October 2019), Bill Ryan (25th October 2019), Bluegreen (26th October 2019), DeDukshyn (26th October 2019), Ernie Nemeth (26th October 2019), Franny (26th October 2019), Hervé (25th October 2019), Ioneo (26th October 2019), ljwheat (27th October 2019), Satori (26th October 2019), toppy (26th October 2019), yelik (26th October 2019)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 269,728 times in 19,912 posts

Default Re: 'Humanity's Phase Shift', Daniel Schmachtenberger

Quote Posted by kfm27917 (here)
    watch the following youtube

Thank you! I really appreciated listening to this. I'm going to look up some more of Schmachtenberger's interviews and writing.

* The YouTube text:
    Daniel Schmachtenberger is a futurist, evolutionary philosopher and strategist, and social engineer. This conversation with David Fuller of Rebel Wisdom looks at the growing civilisation-level crisis that we are beginning to see around us, and looks at what a genuine 'phase shift' for human progress might look like.

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Alecs (26th October 2019), Ayt (26th October 2019), DeDukshyn (26th October 2019), Franny (26th October 2019), Ioneo (26th October 2019), toppy (26th October 2019), Yoda (28th October 2019)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 269,728 times in 19,912 posts

More about Daniel Schmachtenberger, from his own website. (He hasn't got a Wikipedia page. Why not?! This guy deserves to be very influential. He's very very smart.)
    ~~~

This website is my personal blog, focused on exploring topics that I find meaningful and relevant to being human well, individually and collectively. Specifically, thoughts on the future of civilization, the sensitivity and potential of our current situation, and how we might navigate the path ahead.

Where it serves the purposes above, I might also investigate philosophical, scientific, and technological topics that critically inform our thinking about the future.

Biography:

Growing up home-schooled, Daniel had early exposure to design science (Buckminster Fuller, Jacques Fresco, Permaculture, etc.), systems science and complexity (Fritjof Capra, Stuart Kauffman, etc.), philosophy and psychology (eastern and western approaches), and activism (animal rights, environmental issues, social justice, etc.)

His passion has always been at the intersection of these topics – specifically, facilitating the emergence into a mature civilization – that can prevent otherwise impending catastrophes, remediate existing damage, make possible a radically higher quality of life for all sustainably, and support greater realization of our individual and collective potential.

Daniel works on a number of projects related to these goals.

He is also the director or Research and Development at Neurohacker Collective, working on complexity informed solutions for the future of well-being science, medicine, and evolving human capacity. He hosts a podcast there exploring those topics.

He also posts on more personal topics on FB @danielschmachtenberger

Regarding the topics on this site, Daniel’s thoughts are inspired and informed by the great work of many people, beyond what can be obviously accredited. His thoughts are particularly influenced by his collaborators, most notably (for the topics on this blog) Forrest Landry, Jordan Hall, and Zachary Stein. (Meaningful influence came from his collaborations with Bret Weinstein, Michael Vassar, Dave Snowden, Bryce Hiddysmith, Nelson Del Rio, Barbara Marx Hubbard, and many others.)

Intellectual Inspirations:

Buckminster Fuller, Jacques Fresco, Ken Wilber, Fritjof Capra, David Bohm, Krishnamurti, Bill Mollison, Maharishi Mahesh Yogi, Ilya Prigogine, Stuart Kauffman, Ervin Laszlo, James Carse, Arthur Koestler, Vedanta, Lao Tzu, Carl Sagan, Roger Penrose, Mahatma Gandhi, Victor Frankl, Buddha, Anthony De Mello, Pierre Teilhard De Chardin, Alfred North Whitehead, Stanslov Grof, Hafiz

Topics addressed on this site:

Macroeconomics, governance, sense-making, collective intelligence, biomimicry, complexity, systems theory, forecasting, existential and catastrophic risks, infrastructure, philosophy, ontology, epistemology, metaphysics, ethics, resilience, anti-fragility, evolutionary theory, science, memetics, information theory, cybernetics, game theory, whole system design, emergence, synergetics, jurisprudence, technology, existential risk, choice, coherence, meaning, self-organization, autopoiesis, psychology, psychopathology, conditioning, ontological design, language, culture, semiotics, hermeneutics, coordination, intelligence, sentience, sovereignty, well-being, medicine, education, therapy, relationships, communication.
    Last edited by Bill Ryan; 25th October 2019 at 22:07.

6. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Alecs (26th October 2019), Ayt (26th October 2019), Bluegreen (26th October 2019), Cara (26th October 2019), DeDukshyn (26th October 2019), Franny (26th October 2019), Hervé (25th October 2019), Ioneo (26th October 2019), kfm27917 (26th October 2019), toppy (26th October 2019), yelik (26th October 2019), Yoda (28th October 2019)

7. Link to Post #4
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,275 times in 6,946 posts

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    This guy deserves to be very influential. He's very very smart.)
    Indeed.

Edit: ... but why the members only section?
    Last edited by DeDukshyn; 26th October 2019 at 00:58.
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Alecs (26th October 2019), Bill Ryan (26th October 2019), Franny (26th October 2019), Hervé (26th October 2019), kfm27917 (26th October 2019), toppy (26th October 2019), yelik (26th October 2019)

9. Link to Post #5
    United States Avalon Member Ayt's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,087 times in 191 posts

That was truly great. I so admire such intelligent people like him!
    An amazing synch for me, too, was to see the name "Forrest Landry" and the link on Daniel's blog that Bill posted above, as I was once heavily involved in an internet mail-list (before forums) where Forrest Landry would share his early (and very heavy) metaphysical theories. I loved seeing his name pop up here, as this was a very tight group where we shared our early musings and experiences.

This led me to find this long interview where Daniel interviews Forrest which I am looking forward to listening to:
    WHAT IS ETHICS? AN EXPLORATION OF CHOICE AND LOVE

Quote Love is that which enables choice. Love is always stronger than Fear. Always choose on the basis of Love.”
    – Forrest Landry
    "We're all bozos on this bus"

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ayt For This Post:

Bill Ryan (26th October 2019), Franny (26th October 2019), Hervé (26th October 2019), toppy (26th October 2019)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks

Cool Re: 'Humanity's Phase Shift', Daniel Schmachtenberger

DeDukshyn:
    I am a fairly new member learning the ropes of this blog ! The members only section was the only place
    where it said "new Thread"

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to kfm27917 For This Post:

Alecs (26th October 2019), Bill Ryan (26th October 2019), Cara (26th October 2019), DeDukshyn (26th October 2019), Franny (26th October 2019), Hervé (26th October 2019), toppy (26th October 2019)

13. Link to Post #7
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,242 times in 902 posts

Quote Posted by kfm27917 (here)
    DeDukshyn:
    I am a fairly new member learning the ropes of this blog ! The members only section was the only place
    where it said "new Thread"
    Hey kfm29712, welcome to Avalon, good to have you here I really appreciate the video you posted, thanks so much for that.

You can post a new thread in any of the sub forums, see the screen grab below. The button is at the top left.

Click image for larger version

Name:	new thread.png
Views:	9
Size:	118.9 KB
ID:	41743

It's also helpful to the forum members if you can add a description of the video you are posting. The title may not be as descriptive as you would like so it's a good idea to edit it if needed.

If you have questions about any of these things, just ask, we will be happy to help.

Happy posting!
    A million galaxies are a little foam on that shoreless sea. ~ Rumi

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Franny For This Post:

Alecs (26th October 2019), Bill Ryan (26th October 2019), Cara (26th October 2019), DeDukshyn (26th October 2019), Hervé (26th October 2019), kfm27917 (26th October 2019), toppy (26th October 2019)

15. Link to Post #8
    Thanks

to those who have Facebook account I would recommend following Daniel Schmachtenberger there at
    https://www.facebook.com/geosol114?epa=SEARCH_BOX

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to kfm27917 For This Post:

Alecs (26th October 2019), Bill Ryan (26th October 2019), DeDukshyn (26th October 2019), Franny (26th October 2019), Hervé (26th October 2019), toppy (26th October 2019)

17. Link to Post #9
    Thanks
    Thanked 95,033 times in 15,475 posts

Hello kfm27917, welcome to Avalon!

I moved your thread to the "Human Condition" subforum where such an impressive quality of expressed "thinking" will have more visibility and exposure.
    "La réalité est un rêve que l'on fait atterrir" San Antonio AKA F. Dard

Troll-hood motto: Never, ever, however, whatsoever, to anyone, a point concede.

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

Alecs (27th October 2019), Bill Ryan (26th October 2019), DeDukshyn (26th October 2019), Franny (26th October 2019), kfm27917 (26th October 2019)

19. Link to Post #10
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,275 times in 6,946 posts

I have to say ... this guy succinctly presents the absolute closest representation of what is actually required for humanity to get back on track to where we should be in the grand scheme of things and how we need to interact with our environment to stop being a self destructive parasite.

Its amazing how in a few words he is able to extremely accurately articulate exactly the few base problems that are the root cause of all of humanities issues, and then provide the base root solutions to those problems equally as well.

If anyone might be wondering what is meant by this "phase shift" without having seen the video, it just means we need completely throw away the current ways of thinking and develop a whole new perspective on how things actually work best, with the new system having no relationship whatsoever with the old.

I cannot express enough the accuracy of his views.
    Last edited by DeDukshyn; 26th October 2019 at 16:28.
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Alecs (27th October 2019), Ayt (26th October 2019), Bill Ryan (26th October 2019), Franny (26th October 2019), Hervé (26th October 2019)

21. Link to Post #11
    United States Avalon Member Ayt's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,087 times in 191 posts

Quote Posted by DeDukshyn (here)
    If anyone might be wondering what is meant by this "phase shift" without having seen the video, it just means we need completely throw away the current ways of thinking and develop a whole new perspective on how things actually work best, with the new system having no relationship whatsoever with the old.

I cannot express enough the accuracy of his views.
    We used to discuss this "shift" as a morph into a "new paradigm". (in that old mail-list/discussion group) It could even happen incredibly fast, as we saw it, once the ignition point, zero point, resonance (or however we choose to label it) is reached. We sometimes thought of it happening as an alchemical, transmutational, process, as in the sudden growth of crystals. Forrest Landry plunged deeply into metaphysical concept... truly a genius, in my eyes. So encouraging to see these types are still influencing perspectives. Gives me hope.
    (found this short video of Forrest)
    "We're all bozos on this bus"

22. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Ayt For This Post:

Alecs (27th October 2019), Bill Ryan (26th October 2019), DeDukshyn (26th October 2019), Franny (26th October 2019), Hervé (26th October 2019), kfm27917 (26th October 2019), Valerie Villars (26th October 2019)

+ Reply to Thread