Thread: Implications of climate change for the US army

1. Link to Post #1
    On Sabbatical
    Language
    None
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,830 times in 3,335 posts

Default Implications of climate change for the US army

I've been reading this document today, i have not been able to completely finish it due to lots of distractions but wanted to share in case someone finds it valuable

From what i read so far, i get the impression that this is not really meant to point actual solutions to existing/future problems, mainly because the document writer is very clear in clarifying the document doesn't assume climate change is real or not, or related to political views of the issue. And this diagram also

My personal opinion of this document is this. This document will be used to push an agenda of intervention on the next years, in the Artic region, under the "we can ignore climate change or we can do something about it, just in case" guidance the document pushes, like so
    Quote The intent is to provide senior leaders with an
    easy to understand anticipation of risk associated with
    each recommendation.
    Interesting mention of small nuclear reactors (portable), which also happens to be something Russia is working on and has already deployed to the Artic some months ago
    Quote 3. NATIONAL CONTEXT
    3.1 Problem: Power Grid Vulnerabilities
    Recommendation: A. An inter-agency approach,
    coupled with collaboration of the commercial
    sector, should catalogue the liabilities across the
    electrical grid and prioritize budget requests for
    infrastructure improvements. B. The DoD should
    pursue options to reverse infrastructure degradation around military installations, including
    funding internal power generation such as solar/
    battery farms and small-nuclear reactors.

Implementation Timing: Now (A); 6-10, 10+
    Years (B)
    Resource Requirement: Low (A); High (B)
    And this is something that i find interesting because of this
    https://time.com/5659769/russia-floating-nuclear-power/

Here's the link to the full pdf
    https://climateandsecurity.files.wor...llege_2019.pdf

Tired

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Mashika For This Post:

Bill Ryan (27th October 2019), Cara (27th October 2019), De Christu (23rd March 2021), EFO (27th October 2019), Forest Denizen (27th October 2019), Hervé (27th October 2019), justntime2learn (27th October 2019), Sunny-side-up (27th October 2019), Victoria (28th October 2019), yelik (27th October 2019)

3. Link to Post #2
    Language
    Romanian
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,572 times in 1,716 posts

Default Re: Implications of climate change for the US army

Ha,ha,ha Mashika!
    It seems that by artificially influencing the nature they start to destroy their own facilities creating a small implosion of some sort!Nice!!!
    "Your planet is forbidden for an open visit - extremely aggressive social environment,despite almost perfect climatic conditions.Almost 4 billion violent deaths for the last 5000 years and about 15000 major military conflicts in the same period."

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to EFO For This Post:

Bill Ryan (27th October 2019), De Christu (23rd March 2021), justntime2learn (27th October 2019), Mashika (27th October 2019), yelik (27th October 2019)

5. Link to Post #3
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,482 times in 1,331 posts

This might be a tangent but to me, this push might be about controlling the polar regions. There are perhaps many reasons for this: some are probably mundane and linked to commerce (oil, shipping routes, etc.), others are likely to be more esoteric / black budget types of motivations.

One thing that strikes me as a possible motivation is the electromagnetic nature of the polar regions is quite particular and peculiar. If - as Ben Davidson and Suspicious Observers have suggested - we are in the late stages of a "catastrophe cycle" (as discussed in this thread: Geomagnetic Reversals and Ice Ages), there may well be a geophysical reason for wanting to control the Arctic during the coming cosmological events?

~~~~

Also perhaps relevant (though more mundane), about 18 months ago, I posted a few things about the Arctic and its strategic nature.

Here: https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...=1#post1209026

Which has a useful map:
    Quote Posted by Cara (here)
    A useful map from Le Monde Diplomatique of the arctic with resources and territorial claims:

This map is from 2011, there were also versions made in 2009 and 2007. From here:
    https://www.monde-diplomatique.fr/cartes/banquiseguerre
    *I have loved the stars too dearly to be fearful of the night*

6. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Cara For This Post:

Bill Ryan (27th October 2019), De Christu (23rd March 2021), Forest Denizen (27th October 2019), Hervé (27th October 2019), justntime2learn (27th October 2019), Mashika (27th October 2019), Sunny-side-up (27th October 2019), Victoria (28th October 2019), yelik (27th October 2019)

7. Link to Post #4
    On Sabbatical
    Language
    None
    Thanks

Quote If - as Ben Davidson and Suspicious Observers have suggested - we are in the late stages of a "catastrophe cycle" (as discussed in this thread: Geomagnetic Reversals and Ice Ages), there may well be a geophysical reason for wanting to control the Arctic during the coming cosmological events?
    I think this is very related to it, and the entire wording of those documents is just to lead people into a completely different view of the actual issue, but that reality cannot be disclosed

The "knowledge layers" are usually very conflicting, as we can see here, and people can't lie if they don't know that what they know is not the truth

Most likely, although i don't have a way to prove it, there is a separate document similar to this one, with actual truths. And which we will never get to read

P.S

The "mundane" explanation is also true, as far as i can see and we know

It has been a conversation point for years now and i'm very sure the resources under the Artic are something everyone would like to take a part of

But yes it seems very obvious that suddenly in the past years everyone is so interested on the Artic in different ways, who could really say! And as you pointed out, "possibly" is the name of the game
    Last edited by Mashika; 27th October 2019 at 10:47.
    Tired

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Mashika For This Post:

Bill Ryan (27th October 2019), Cara (27th October 2019), De Christu (23rd March 2021), Forest Denizen (27th October 2019), justntime2learn (27th October 2019), Victoria (28th October 2019), yelik (27th October 2019)

9. Link to Post #5
    On Sabbatical
    Language
    None
    Thanks

In addition, i would like to post this other paper from 2004

FLOATING NUCLEAR POWER PLANTS IN RUSSIA: A THREAT TO THE ARCTIC, WORLD OCEANS AND NON-PROLIFERATION TREATY
    https://www.greencross.ch/wp-content..._fnpp_book.pdf
    Tired

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mashika For This Post:

Bill Ryan (27th October 2019), Cara (27th October 2019), Forest Denizen (27th October 2019), justntime2learn (27th October 2019), Victoria (28th October 2019), yelik (27th October 2019)

+ Reply to Thread