+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Brexit Founder Nigel Farage Interviews President Donald Trump - 31 Oct 2019

1. Link to Post #1
    Netherlands Avalon Member ExomatrixTV's Avatar
    Language
    English, Dutch, German, Limburgs
    Thanks
    Thanked 125,630 times in 20,810 posts

Exclamation Brexit Founder Nigel Farage Interviews President Donald Trump - 31 Oct 2019

Brexit Founder Nigel Farage Interviews President Donald Trump - 31 Oct 2019

No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

angelfire (3rd November 2019), Apulu (2nd November 2019), Ba-ba-Ra (4th November 2019), BMJ (2nd November 2019), boja (1st November 2019), ByTheNorthernSea (2nd November 2019), Ernie Nemeth (2nd November 2019), Matthew (1st November 2019), scanner (2nd November 2019), toppy (1st November 2019), yelik (1st November 2019), Yvanka (2nd November 2019)

3. Link to Post #2
    Great Britain Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,647 times in 1,188 posts

Default Re: Brexit Founder Nigel Farage Interviews President Donald Trump - 31 Oct 2019

Good interview from two sensible and realistic people. For me Donald Trump came over as a pretty genuine guy, but make no mistake he's a shrewd operator.

Profitable services within the UK National Health Service have been slowly privatised by all political parties regardless of their rhetoric.

Outsourcing is considered a profitable way to run corporations as they seek to drive down costs and maximise shareholder returns. Gullible government officials are easily cajoled into privatising everything as they also convince themselves of the benefits of maximising taxpayer value in the short term - self fulfilling

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to yelik For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (4th November 2019), BMJ (2nd November 2019), Ernie Nemeth (2nd November 2019), toppy (1st November 2019)

5. Link to Post #3
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,187 times in 4,071 posts

Default Re: Brexit Founder Nigel Farage Interviews President Donald Trump - 31 Oct 2019

These two love birds personify Anglo-American relations, and anyone I know who doesn't like Trump don't like Farage either.

Brexit implies stronger USA <-> UK love. A 'special relationship' but is it? Recently our relationship has been with the controlling, finger wagging EU. Trump and Farage personify the 'special relationship', like, it's a real thing again.

But I'm not knocking cultural Europe for a second. The UK attitude is more like America than Europe. It's my own personal opinion; it reminds me of the difference between Catholics and Protestants, De Facto and De Jure. England famously broke from Catholicism when Henry VIII did all his mucking about.

Here's a Telegraph article published 24 November 2016. It's surprisingly on-topic... But I only chose it because of the picture. Farage and Trump, best buddies 4-eva

Published 24 November 2016

Nigel Farage to meet Donald Trump team on unofficial diplomatic offensive amid claims he is planning to move to US

Nigel Farage is planning to visit Washington DC early next month to meet again with aides to US President-elect Donald Trump.

The visit to the US capital will be seen as part of an unofficial diplomatic offensive by Mr Farage to forge links with Mr Trump’s team which will undermine Theresa May, the Prime Minister, who is still yet to meet with the President-elect.

Sources close to the interim leader of the UK Independence Party (Ukip) said he will be meeting with the team around Mr Trump.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...donald-trumps/

Last edited by Matthew; 1st November 2019 at 21:14. Reason: added published date 'cause it's old

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Matthew For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (4th November 2019), BMJ (2nd November 2019), greybeard (1st November 2019), Mercedes (2nd November 2019)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,000 times in 370 posts

What can I say, a suit is a suit. They don't give a fig for us, they are all in the big club, and we're not in it. I knew a politician, she lives quite close to me. It was Blair/Browns reign of terror. She used to brag about how she voted everything she was told to vote for, made herself very wealthy in doing so, she told us. How she never touched her salary, lived on expenses. When the scandal finally erupted, all she admitted to was £200.00 on a mirror. Self servers the lot of them, I don't know how the people of America trust Trump. I'll drain the swamp, was how he got elected. How many in prison? Remember the Trump / Clinton debate, I'll put you in prison said Trump, was the quote.
    Last edited by scanner; 2nd November 2019 at 10:51.
    Am I one of many or am I many of one ? interesting .

8. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to scanner For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (4th November 2019), Bill Ryan (2nd November 2019), BMJ (2nd November 2019), ByTheNorthernSea (2nd November 2019), greybeard (2nd November 2019), Mare (2nd November 2019), Matt P (2nd November 2019), Matthew (2nd November 2019), Mercedes (2nd November 2019), sunwings (5th November 2019), yelik (2nd November 2019)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks

Farage is vile man and I cannot understand, here on Avalon, anyone supporting him. Well I guess it's a broad church.

https://www.facebook.com/hope.n.hate...0445919804069/

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to samsdice For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (4th November 2019), greybeard (3rd November 2019), sunwings (5th November 2019)

+ Reply to Thread