Thread: Just wondering

1. Link to Post #41
    Australia On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,551 times in 3,482 posts

Default Re: Just wondering

Quote Posted by Caliban (here)
    Is that Rachel? Hi Rachel.

We’re not allowed to come in remembering the purpose of life, and yet the purpose of life is obvious, it’s right in front of us, we know it but don’t realise we know it because we don’t recognise it for what it is.
    Yes, this is Rachel, hi Caliban.

We already know it and I suspect remembering it here is an effect of achieving a certain state, and when we remember it it’s similar to remembering an event that happened in this lifetime that we’d since forgotten. There’s that element of recall and recognition in the remembering, we see it and we’re left with no doubt or wondering.

Quote When you say it's obvious, do you mean remembering that we're a part of everything and there's no division between us and the all and therefore nothing to fear?
    I don’t know, I don’t remember, but I suspect this is it or a huge part of it. By taking cues from my inner/higher self, the goal and process of harmonising and unifying the energy of the dual nature of myself as a human has emerged. I’m certain of this as the path for myself but is it a universal goal for humanity, is it the purpose of life, is the purpose of life contained within this? I don’t know, it’s like I’m a pilot flying a plane at night, I can’t see the landscape, I just know which way I’m headed and have only the instruments in the cockpit to navigate. And the oneness is a primary element of the destination for me.

Quote The amnesia thing is interesting. Our biology and nerves are caught up in that. We get nervous or jangled or anxious and that seems to set us back. We're not so sure for a bit about who we are and the purpose and meaning. The body and materiality, all the Stuff around us and the stuff that makes the stuff around us, keeps us forgetting.
    I’ve noticed this too. It’s like this place is programmed to incessantly work against our awareness, forcing us to go and draw from within.

Quote Total faith. Can that break us thru? Slip us through?
    Faith, yep, I think this is part of it. Faith in myself, the creator, existence, humanity...it was hugely challenging for a time, but necessary to nail for the conviction and resolve required. But I feel strongly there are as many paths as there are individuals, that authenticity is necessary to ensure we each live the path we most desire, contained within that is the way for us.

For me the way is about aligning my physical self with my higher/greater self (not really higher, but you know what I mean when I say that). Like I said, I’m flying blind but I have my heart and conscience to navigate with.

I think awareness is the key though, without awareness we’re limited to acting on whatever desire is strongest in any given moment (fear also being a desire to avoid something) which is the result of a combination of genetics, environment, and experience.

Without awareness we’re fated to live according to programming, not our life but the life of a will that’s effectively stronger than our own individual will. And awareness seems to be an effect from a level we’re mostly not conscious of, so I consider my role in that to be to listen, take notice, learn from experience, and incorporate it into the character of my physical self.

With awareness we can reshape our own environment with focus, have more expansive experiences, and our genetics can encode accordingly. We can sculpt the character of our physical self to act on the desire we choose in each given moment this way.

This is a very cool topic of conversation, there’s a whole lot more I’d love to write about this but this post will be getting long. I’ll cut it short by ending with this - yes, I agree that faith is crucial, but I think there’s much more to it, and an authentic life is paramount. For me at least, the way can be boiled down to staying in and seeking the mystery of life, while objectively observing, learning, and incorporating what I’ve learned into my character. I figure that sooner or later I’ll have aligned my physical self enough to remember.
    Never give up on your silly, silly dreams.

You mustn't be afraid to dream a little BIGGER, darling.

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Innocent Warrior For This Post:

Anka (26th November 2019), Bill Ryan (7th November 2019), Caliban (8th November 2019), Frank V (7th November 2019), greybeard (7th November 2019), Mike (7th November 2019), Ron Mauer Sr (7th November 2019), Sadieblue (9th November 2019), toppy (5th March 2020), Wind (8th November 2019), wnlight (7th November 2019)

3. Link to Post #42
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,860 times in 11,838 posts

Jesus God and Life's Purpose

A lot of answers here in line with this thread.

Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Anka (26th November 2019), Bill Ryan (7th November 2019), Frank V (7th November 2019), Ron Mauer Sr (7th November 2019), Sadieblue (9th November 2019), toppy (5th March 2020)

5. Link to Post #43
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,275 times in 1,435 posts

Quote Posted by Ron Mauer Sr (here)
    What purpose is served by the illusion of being separate from Source?
    For the purposes of higher learning perhaps

Or karmic entanglements lifetime to lifetime that make a person's outlook so bleak they convince themselves there is no higher power

Edit: I interpreted this question from an atheist perspective initially

Maybe we're all here to bring more light into the world. As spiritually disconnected and hard as it is. This impairment we all have leaves us longing for something. Longing for our true homes with Creator as divine beings. Yet we are needed here. Were just beaten down from this world as this whole world has amnesia. Theres only a handful of active divine humans on this planet. On this free will planet.

What if we're truly all high caliber spiritual beings using this setting for higher learning. And to help the divine cause that is humanity's continued existence on this planet
    Last edited by Tyy1907; 7th November 2019 at 20:45.

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Tyy1907 For This Post:

Anka (26th November 2019), Bill Ryan (7th November 2019), Frank V (7th November 2019), greybeard (7th November 2019), petra (8th November 2019), Ron Mauer Sr (7th November 2019), toppy (5th March 2020), Wind (9th November 2019)

7. Link to Post #44
    Ecuador Honored, Retired Member. Warren passed on 2 July, 2020.
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,540 times in 864 posts

Let me add a simple analogy to this thread. In the airline industry simulators are used to present a planned situation to the pilot(s) in order to learn how s/he will react. Technicians do their very best to make the situation feel as real as possible, and it works fairly well. If the pilot in test has not accepted the situation as real, then the test results will be meaningless.

Now, if in our real lives we were to know that it is an illusion, then we would not bother to react as planned. We might just sit there as the building burned down around us. The illusion must be real as possible. It must also last a lifetime. Hey! I know that life is an illusion, but when that truck is bearing down upon me I will forget the illusion and get the ---- out of the way. It's all too real!

8. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to wnlight For This Post:

Anka (26th November 2019), Bill Ryan (7th November 2019), Caliban (8th November 2019), Cara (8th November 2019), Frank V (7th November 2019), greybeard (7th November 2019), petra (8th November 2019), RogeRio (8th November 2019), Ron Mauer Sr (7th November 2019), Sadieblue (9th November 2019), Sue (Ayt) (8th November 2019), toppy (5th March 2020), Victoria (9th November 2019), Wind (8th November 2019)

9. Link to Post #45
    United States Honored, Retired Member. Ron passed in October 2022.
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,257 times in 2,136 posts

Perhaps this experience is like getting totally involved in a movie and briefly forgetting that we are the audience, not on the screen. All the emotions, drama, joy and pain are experienced to some degree. But for what purpose? Why do we go see a movie (?) may offer a clue.

From another perspective:
    We all are ghosts, wearing a meat suit, riding a fast moving rock hurtling through space.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ron Mauer Sr For This Post:

Caliban (8th November 2019), Frank V (8th November 2019), greybeard (7th November 2019), petra (8th November 2019), Sadieblue (9th November 2019), Wind (9th November 2019)

11. Link to Post #46
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,372 times in 1,413 posts

Quote Posted by greybeard (here)
    Another question:

Why incarnate on a 3rd dimensional world and purse a mission while in complete amnesia?
    Part karmic ---if we disliked a certain culture--then guess what we get this time?
    Ha, Chris I tend to agree!! I think it's possible I might have been an alien who was disgusted by humans in a past life and now I am getting my comeuppance...

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to petra For This Post:

Frank V (8th November 2019), greybeard (8th November 2019), Ron Mauer Sr (8th November 2019), Sadieblue (9th November 2019)

13. Link to Post #47
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,527 times in 642 posts

Perhaps this experience is like getting totally involved in a movie and briefly forgetting that we are the audience, not on the screen. All the emotions, drama, joy and pain are experienced to some degree. But for what purpose? Why do we go see a movie (?) may offer a clue.

We all are ghosts, wearing a meat suit, riding a fast moving rock hurtling through space.
    Yes, a lot of the "masters" have used that analogy of play/movie to speak of our entanglement in this physical reality and the amnesia we get caught up in.

Why do you go to a movie? For amusement and laughter; for a thrill of watching a hero fall from a building and save himself; to study human behavior and psychology. To see yourself, vicariously as hero or lover. But some, myself included, sometimes (often) go as an escape--an escape from daily bs, work, problems. But also, I've noticed, an escape from myself. From having to think about what I don't want to think about, about myself. (Too many abouts!)

So if people come in for the forgetting that allows them to be terrified, to study duality and contrast, to laugh at the folly of "amnesiac" spirits, do they also come in to escape? From what? Boredom, perhaps, of being in a state of sameness (no matter how blissful) ? Could they also want to escape because they don't want to evolve spiritually, deal with lessons accrued from incarnating? And so they decide to take another body? That seems far-fetched but...who knows? Why do some kids quit high school when they've go so many resources available to them?

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Caliban For This Post:

Frank V (8th November 2019), greybeard (8th November 2019), Ron Mauer Sr (8th November 2019), Sadieblue (9th November 2019), Wind (8th November 2019)

15. Link to Post #48
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,249 times in 1,238 posts

Quote Posted by Caliban (here)

Yes, a lot of the "masters" have used that analogy of play/movie to speak of our entanglement in this physical reality and the amnesia we get caught up in.

Why do you go to a movie? For amusement and laughter; for a thrill of watching a hero fall from a building and save himself; to study human behavior and psychology. To see yourself, vicariously as hero or lover. But some, myself included, sometimes (often) go as an escape--an escape from daily bs, work, problems. But also, I've noticed, an escape from myself. From having to think about what I don't want to think about, about myself. (Too many abouts!)

So if people come in for the forgetting that allows them to be terrified, to study duality and contrast, to laugh at the folly of "amnesiac" spirits, do they also come in to escape? From what? Boredom, perhaps, of being in a state of sameness (no matter how blissful) ? Could they also want to escape because they don't want to evolve spiritually, deal with lessons accrued from incarnating? And so they decide to take another body? That seems far-fetched but...who knows? Why do some kids quit high school when they've go so many resources available to them?
    From my observation of the differences between other people and myself, I'd say there is more plausibility in your above hypothesis than what most people would be willing to acknowledge, and that the refusal of most to accept this is what then leads to escapist excuses for reincarnation as the alleged soul trap on the moon, or some cosmic obligation to reincarnate in order to deal with unprocessed karma.

16. Link to Post #49
    United States Honored, Retired Member. Ron passed in October 2022.
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,257 times in 2,136 posts

Oversoul, soul, high self, inner being.
    What are the differences, if any?

Ive been asking:
    "Inner being", I ask, "You take the wheel.
    Drive for a while I will see how it feels."
    Last edited by Ron Mauer Sr; 8th November 2019 at 18:43.

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ron Mauer Sr For This Post:

Anka (22nd November 2019), Frank V (8th November 2019), Sadieblue (9th November 2019), Sue (Ayt) (8th November 2019)

18. Link to Post #50
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,860 times in 11,838 posts

I tend to use--mind --intellect-- Self
    Mind can be trained and the subconscious part takes to do with running the body and habit.
    Intellect makes the decisions which hopefully the mind carries out--but the subconscious part, it has a will of its own and has to be trained.
    The energy comes from Self which is awareness and probably the field of vast potential.
    These are just labels.
    Chris
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

19. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Anka (22nd November 2019), Frank V (8th November 2019), Ron Mauer Sr (8th November 2019), Sadieblue (9th November 2019), Wind (9th November 2019)

20. Link to Post #51
    United States Moderator Sue (Ayt)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,536 times in 2,553 posts

Oversoul, soul, high self, inner being.
    What are the differences, if any?
    It serves me to see it as a color spectrum, with no clear divisions at all, but just a gentle transition. With that image it gives me more access to accept all the "levels" of info without negating the importance of any. ie - physical, mental, astral, spirit levels, higher self, oversoul, and on up to (?) All part and parcel of the rainbow, so all important, all Go(o)d.
    "We're all bozos on this bus"

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sue (Ayt) For This Post:

Anka (22nd November 2019), Frank V (8th November 2019), Sadieblue (9th November 2019)

22. Link to Post #52
    Netherlands Avalon Member ExomatrixTV's Avatar
    Language
    English, Dutch, German, Limburgs
    Thanks
    Thanked 125,739 times in 20,828 posts

Quote Posted by wnlight (here)
    @ ExomatrixTV, It seems to me that you have asked enough questions here to inspire an entire course in spirituality.

I was NOT alone in that of course

¤=[Post Update]=¤

What if the "higher self" are all (experiences & insights) in all parallel universes of you combined ... and are eventually all connected ... there has to be only 1 timeline that is a win-win for everybody in a Multiverse that can be of service to all timelines.

¤=[Post Update Edit Correction]=¤ "I was NOT alone" (i forgot the 'not', sorry for that)
    Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 9th November 2019 at 14:46.
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

23. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Anka (22nd November 2019), Frank V (8th November 2019), greybeard (9th November 2019), Sadieblue (9th November 2019), Sue (Ayt) (8th November 2019), Victoria (9th November 2019)

24. Link to Post #53
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,754 times in 978 posts

Quote Posted by ExomatrixTV (here)

What if the "higher self" are all (experiences & insights) in all parallel universes of you combined ... and are eventually all connected ... there has to be only 1 timeline that is a win-win for everybody in a Multiverse that can be of service to all timelines.
    Then we are closer to identifying with the Eternal Now which in one sense we may never have moved away from.
    Last edited by Peter UK; 9th November 2019 at 13:37.

25. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Peter UK For This Post:

Anka (22nd November 2019), Caliban (9th November 2019), Frank V (9th November 2019), greybeard (9th November 2019), Sadieblue (9th November 2019), Victoria (9th November 2019)

26. Link to Post #54
    Language
    Romanian
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,443 times in 1,007 posts

Just wondering
    "What purpose is served by the illusion of being separate from Source?"

Because your "Ideas for self-reliant living during financially turbulent times"

I'm just wondering

Maybe it's not a purpose, maybe we always misunderstood the meaning of the Source?

Science and mythology have fertilized each other. Religions existed before science, apparently. At least those animistic ones and they all went to a Source.
    All religions have a cosmogony, as it all began, that is, they establish without a right of appeal that there is a beginning to the universe (except for Hindus as far as I know, where the universe has a cyclical existence, without beginning and without end).
    May the religions of the world aim to erase the Source from our memory once lost?

Starting from the most common premise, some scientific arguments have been sought and found for a beginning, but I doubt that a man can completely free himself from the feeling that something is inaccessible to reason itself, in man.Maybe just ignoring the frets of thoughts, the unconscious intentions, the kitchen of the mentalization of existence. That is, if in us there is something beyond reason, how can we think that the universe with its infinity is fully cognizable?
    Is our Reason our only Source and we delete it moment by moment?

But,

surely somewhere comes a purpose of someone, whom we serve without wishing by the fact that man has given various claims of master of the earth and bleacher of nature and he believes that the whole universe belongs to him and then he begins to measure it, to to lock it, to put some fences of property, in time and space such as our constellation, our galaxy, our solar system, our sun, our earth.
    How children and naive we are, when we are of the Earth, of the Sun, of the solar system and of the Universe itself which can be the Source itself right here right now.

While speculating, maybe it was a knowledge gap in which scientists put everything in their power to destroy the idea of creative divinity, not that we had any idea of any creative divinity that deserves this name outside of the entire universe, but the idea to hide the story is indeed very embarrassing for a thirsty mind of knowledge especially because the Big-Bang theory is for me vulgarly it puts an arbitrary axiom from which assumptions leave and we arrive at some puzzles so physically removed untouchable for us to reach lastly the Divinity again, which is convenient for many unfortunately.

It strikes me that until a certain moment our pride is nourished by knowledge, only at more knowledge it returns to normal dimensions and this idea has roots so deep that to doubt it means to throw yourself in the void, but does not we do it? Aren't we really the Source? I'm definitely throwing myself into the void.

Inflation theory says that new universes are forming right now and then in reality we don't know if there is a beginning or we live virtually to learn but there is even sadder that we do not know whose beginning because already between the previous row and the one in which I write, I am yet only a human being and the universe must have moved on (so be it? Do I ask fair the Source with my kindness? Or did I give myself the answer I am already asking?)
    And all this to be just human.

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Anka For This Post:

Frank V (22nd November 2019), greybeard (22nd November 2019), toppy (5th March 2020)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 3