Thread: Reinstantiation of the Spiritual

1. Link to Post #1
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,482 times in 1,331 posts

Default Reinstantiation of the Spiritual

Quote re-
    Etymology: From Middle English re-, from Old French re-, from Latin re-, red- (“back; anew; again; against”), from Proto-Indo-European *wret-, a metathetic alteration of *wert- (“to turn”). Displaced native English ed-, eft-, a-, with-/wither-, gain-/again-.
    Quote instantiation
    Etymology: From Middle French instance, from Latin instantia (“a being near, presence, also perseverance, earnestness, importunity, urgency”), from instans (“urgent”);

See also: instant
    Quote instant
    Etymology: From Middle English instant (“infinitely short period of time”), from Old French instant (“assiduous, at hand”, adj), from Latin instans, instant- (“present, pressing, urgent”, literally “standing near”), from in + stāre (“to stand”).
    Quote spiritual
    Etymology: From Middle English spiritual, spirituel, from Old French spirituel, from Late Latin spiritualis, from Latin spiritus.
    Quote Latin, spiritus
    Etymology: From spīrō (“I breathe, I respire; I live”)
    (All etymologies from wiktionary.com)

~~~

What might it take to re-instantiate the spiritual - or the perceived validity (maybe even primacy?) of the spiritual - of, in and through the wider world?

I’ve been thinking about this.
    *I have loved the stars too dearly to be fearful of the night*

2. The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to Cara For This Post:

Alecs (8th November 2019), Anchor (8th November 2019), Anka (3rd January 2020), aoibhghaire (6th November 2019), Ben (7th November 2019), Bill Ryan (6th November 2019), Caliban (6th November 2019), EFO (6th November 2019), Franny (7th November 2019), Hervé (6th November 2019), Ioneo (7th November 2019), Jayke (6th November 2019), Mark (Star Mariner) (7th November 2019), rgray222 (31st December 2019), Sadieblue (6th November 2019), Tintin (6th November 2019), Valerie Villars (6th November 2019), Victoria (6th November 2019), Wind (9th November 2019), wnlight (7th November 2019), wondering (6th November 2019)

3. Link to Post #2
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Default Re: Reinstantiation of the Spiritual

Here are some ideas from Seyyed Hossein Nasr. His lecture begins at 17:00 min on the YouTube.

It’s also available in audio only on archive.org: https://archive.org/details/SHNasrLe...Beginning.mp3#

Quote Published on Jun 6, 2014
    On May 1, 2003, Professor Seyyed Hossein Nasr, one of the world's leading experts on Islamic science and spirituality, delivered the 2003-04 Dudleian Lecture. Professor Nasr is University Professor of Islamic Studies at George Washington University and the author of numerous books, most recently The Heart of Islam: Enduring Values for Humanity.

4. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Cara For This Post:

Alecs (8th November 2019), Anka (3rd January 2020), aoibhghaire (6th November 2019), Bill Ryan (6th November 2019), Caliban (6th November 2019), Franny (7th November 2019), Ioneo (7th November 2019), Sadieblue (7th November 2019), Victoria (6th November 2019), wnlight (7th November 2019), wondering (6th November 2019)

5. Link to Post #3
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,610 times in 5,381 posts

I like the phrase 'the breath of spirit'.

It is truly an organic process, an intrinsic substantiation. Into this soup of particles that take on shapes that morph and move but never solidify, spirit juggles the energies of reality and in between the changing states emerges life! Life, a thing that cannot be but is.

Life, a thing we give names to but the named are not the thing. Life goes on. Life is a process and a life is but a passing fancy. Spirit collects the transient energies into a pattern that then calls itself alive...a collection of opposing forces held in tentative equilibrium for a time.

All life is this animation by spirit. A single spirit, a single life. A life large enough, diverse enough, important enough, to be the intent of the cosmos from the very beginning.

Instantiation? There is nothing else...unless local random acts in a universe of random acts with no intended consequence resulting in a world of unintended beings is a comfort...
    Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water...Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. Bruce Lee

Free will can only be as free as the mind that conceives it.

6. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

Alecs (9th November 2019), aoibhghaire (6th November 2019), Bill Ryan (6th November 2019), Caliban (6th November 2019), Cara (6th November 2019), Franny (7th November 2019), Jayke (6th November 2019), Sadieblue (7th November 2019), silvanelf (6th November 2019), Valerie Villars (6th November 2019), Victoria (6th November 2019), wondering (6th November 2019)

7. Link to Post #4
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Ernie Nemeth (here)
    I like the phrase 'the breath of spirit'.

All life is this animation by spirit. A single spirit, a single life. A life large enough, diverse enough, important enough, to be the intent of the cosmos from the very beginning.

Thank you Ernie. I also rather like the idea of breath and spirit. It has a wonderful sense of both movement and calmness about it.

Quote Posted by nsb (here)
    What comes to mind is the specific influence that can "reach out" to others that some individuals have or are said to have. I am not sure, depending on whatever is required for others to be able to notice if anyone is setting up such a space, but I am aware there have and probably right now are people who do emit a kind of "I'M HERE" for others to see. I am self-aware enough to know I am not like that, so do not know how to go about that.

I am reminded of what happened to that fellow called later on Meher Baba, whereas by direct transmission a woman called Hazrat Babajan helped him.

A quote from wikipedia

Quote In May 1913, Merwan Sheriar Irani, then nineteen years old, was riding his bicycle on the way to class at Deccan College, when he looked up and saw an old woman sitting under a neem tree surrounded by a crowd. He had cycled past on previous occasions but had never paid much attention to her, though he was aware that she was regarded by some as a Muslim saint; yet others thought her "a mad woman or a witch or sorceress."[21] His father, Sheriar Irani, held Babajan in high regard.[22] Born into a Zoroastrian family, Sheriar Irani had been an itinerant dervish for a number of years[23] before finally settling in Pune and marrying. Babajan beckoned Merwan, who in turn was drawn towards her. For several months thereafter Merwan Irani would visit the saint; they would sit together yet seldom spoke. One night during January 1914, he was about to leave, and before doing so kissed Babajan’s hands, and she in turn held his face in her hands. She then kissed him on the forehead,[24] during which he received her spiritual grace (barakah).[25] The event subsequently left Merwan Irani in an enraptured state in which he remained abstracted from his normal surroundings for nearly nine months.[26] The young man would later become known as Meher Baba.
    Thank you nsb. What a wonderful story this is.

When and if one is fully present in the here and now and, if one can imagine and grant a spiritual aspect to others (whatever and whoever they are), does that create a space for some kind of transmission?

Perhaps a shared sense of spirituality can be “induced” or at least nurtured by being in the presence of those who are living this as their reality in the here and now?

Some people just go into these things and return all by themselves
    Yes, it seems they do. So what might have been the conditions around them that encouraged or facilitated this? I wonder if a space and a time can be imbued with such conditions. Or perhaps there are already places in the world that have this possibility in them. I am thinking here of beautiful places in nature or maybe even places designed by humans to elicit a spiritual response. A waterfall for some, a cathedral for others?

...others will have to be ready and interested in such a spiritual undertaking...

... and if enough people in a section or town were like that, operating as such, they may have influence for others and the domino effect begins throughout a greater part of their town, and possibly to a close-by town.
    So this may be something like a group effect: a group aligned around a common purpose can become greater than the sum of its individual members perhaps. Perhaps the group becomes some sort of “attractor” or “gravity well” in the spiritual field?

Thank you for this thread, Cara. I've thought about this on a smaller scale and what many smaller scales could do and have done in the past, which does appear big as information does get around.
    My pleasure, thank you for sharing your thoughts .

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Cara For This Post:

acc355 (7th November 2019), Alecs (9th November 2019), Anka (24th November 2020), Bill Ryan (7th November 2019), Valerie Villars (7th November 2019), wondering (30th December 2019)

9. Link to Post #5
    United States Avalon Member Mark's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,483 times in 2,851 posts

I don't understand the state of creation to be one where there is a separation between the material and the spiritual. Just as there can be no computer or Net without the electricity flowing through the hardware, the energy that flows through the world as consciousness is a fundamental component of the manifestation of this world. Spirit IS, the world is, we are all connected to it regardless. My understanding of this conception of re-instantiation is some form of conscious and deliberate expression of spirituality at the cultural and societal level.

My consideration of that is what we would call media and nationality. People wear gods and goddesses in the form of brands, showing the tribes/clans they belong to, they follow teams lead by demi-gods, the praise nations and cultural icons as messiahs. We don't call this expression religion but in the ways people live them, they serve that purpose and, energetically, blood and emotion are used to power higher and lower initiatives by those cabal initiates conscious of their use of symbols and sacred geometry to capture and control power. National governments and representatives serve the purpose of priesthood, societies are structured for the purpose of culling loosh and funneling it upward today just as it has since the first pyramidal structures went up wherever in the world they first appeared.

Obscuring the spiritual nature of our current milieu has been half the job of those who collect and disense loosh at the 3D for the 4D and beyond levels of consciousness. Keeping the sheep unaware of the true nature of their toils guarantees the continuous pacification of the herd. The outliers are dealt with automatically by systemic captures and foils.

People can say what they want and believe what they want, all out of proportion to what the actual diffusion of energetics show to actually be the case. None of it matters when the energy, like spice, continues to flow.

10. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Post:

acc355 (7th November 2019), Alecs (9th November 2019), Bill Ryan (7th November 2019), ByTheNorthernSea (30th December 2019), Cara (8th November 2019), Pam (30th December 2019), rgray222 (31st December 2019), Sunny-side-up (24th November 2019), Valerie Villars (9th November 2019), Wind (9th November 2019), wondering (30th December 2019)

11. Link to Post #6
    Ecuador Honored, Retired Member. Warren passed on 2 July, 2020.
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,540 times in 864 posts

@ Cara, You have started a beautiful thread that I have enjoyed. Thank you.

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to wnlight For This Post:

Alecs (9th November 2019), Anka (24th November 2020), Bill Ryan (7th November 2019), ByTheNorthernSea (30th December 2019), Cara (8th November 2019), Valerie Villars (9th November 2019), wondering (30th December 2019)

13. Link to Post #7
    Language
    English
    Thanks

I am reading the book “Man and Nature” by Seyyed Hossein Nasr. It was first published in 1968 and my edition is print run of a 1997 edition. The book explores the underlying spiritual aspects of the disconnect between humans and nature.

This passage seems apt here:

Quote It must never be forgotten that for non-modem man - whether he be ancient or contemporary - the very stuff of the Universe has a sacred aspect. The cosmos speaks to man and all of its phenomena contain meaning. They are symbols of a higher degree of reality which the cosmic domain at once veils and reveals. The very structure of the cosmos contains a spiritual message for man and is thereby a revelation coming from the same source as religion itself.13 Both are the manifestations of the Universal Intellect, the Logos, and the cosmos itself is an integral part of that total Universe of meaning in which man lives and dies.14

In order for the modern sciences of nature to come into being, the substance of the cosmos had first to be emptied of its sacred character and become profane. The world view of modem science, especially as propagated through its vulgarization, itself contributed to this secularization of nature and of natural substances. The symbols in nature became facts, entities in themselves that are totally divorced from other orders of reality. The cosmos which had been transparent thus became opaque and spiritually meaningless - at least to those who were totally immersedin the scientific view of nature - even if individual scientists believed otherwise. The traditional sciences such as alchemy, which can be compared to the celebration of a cosmic mass, became reduced to a chemistry in which the substances had lost all their sacramental character. In the process, the sciences of nature lost their symbolic intelligibility, a fact that is most directly responsible for the crisis which the modern scientific world view and its applica- tions have brought about.15
    ~~~

“The cosmos speaks to man and all of its phenomena contain meaning”

So perhaps this is simply a question of orientation. If one permits a spiritual aspect to exist, it might speak?

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Cara For This Post:

acc355 (9th November 2019), Alecs (9th November 2019), Bill Ryan (23rd November 2019), Jayke (9th November 2019), Pam (30th December 2019), Valerie Villars (9th November 2019), wondering (30th December 2019)

15. Link to Post #8
    Language
    English
    Thanks

I am thinking a certain preparation sometimes needs to be in order, depending on whatever practice or method one is most keen to.

I'm inclined to think that even with some form of preparation by a practice, it can and probably has always been unpredictable for a person, due to the actuality of the matter. One is not aware of something, then is aware of something and it seems different sometimes familiar and a person doesn't expect it.
    Thank you nsb. I’ve been thinking of these and related ideas for a few days now.

It is indeed most curious that sometimes, even with a preparation (one could wonder for ages what might be a good preparation?), this awareness doesn’t seem to surface.

Maybe it is like a water well, in that the rain falling might not always be the cause that fills the well but that it instead draws its water from some underlying aquifer? Then one would somehow need to dowse (intuit) where the water is sourced?

~~~

If I think of my own childhood, I did not have any overtly spiritual or religious exposure and I ended up studying engineering, which is hardly a preparation for perceiving the spiritual!

I think my very first aware and remembered experience of there being something-more-than-the-material was of ‘seeing things within/behind’ the sunlight one afternoon when I was about aged 10. Many years later (in my early 20s) I had another out-the-ordinary experience and then they gradually increased in frequency as I became aware of them.

Thank you nsb for prompting these interesting recollections .

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Cara For This Post:

acc355 (6th December 2019), Anka (25th November 2019), Bill Ryan (23rd November 2019), EFO (25th November 2020), Harmony (25th November 2020), Valerie Villars (23rd November 2019), wondering (30th December 2019)

17. Link to Post #9
    Language
    Romanian
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,445 times in 1,007 posts

Quote Posted by Cara (here)
    Quote re-
    Etymology: From Middle English re-, from Old French re-, from Latin re-, red- (“back; anew; again; against”), from Proto-Indo-European *wret-, a metathetic alteration of *wert- (“to turn”). Displaced native English ed-, eft-, a-, with-/wither-, gain-/again-.
    Quote instantiation
    Etymology: From Middle French instance, from Latin instantia (“a being near, presence, also perseverance, earnestness, importunity, urgency”), from instans (“urgent”);

See also: instant
    Quote instant
    Etymology: From Middle English instant (“infinitely short period of time”), from Old French instant (“assiduous, at hand”, adj), from Latin instans, instant- (“present, pressing, urgent”, literally “standing near”), from in + stāre (“to stand”).
    Quote spiritual
    Etymology: From Middle English spiritual, spirituel, from Old French spirituel, from Late Latin spiritualis, from Latin spiritus.
    Quote Latin, spiritus
    Etymology: From spīrō (“I breathe, I respire; I live”)
    (All etymologies from wiktionary.com)

~~~

What might it take to re-instantiate the spiritual - or the perceived validity (maybe even primacy?) of the spiritual - of, in and through the wider world?

I’ve been thinking about this.
    I've been thinking about this since January 3 this year... and only now am I inspired to write something close to the subject, maybe nothing valid, but in the spirit of inspiration...

(I could define with great difficulty in English what I mean.
    Firstly because I feel in metaphorical-metaphysical terms something I can't describe in words, secondly because I think and express myself quite good in my national language, actually writing in English, and the adaptation loses all the subtlety of meaning. Somewhere along the way, the difference in expression changes meaning by almost 30 percent, sometimes quite acceptable)

My contribution is not to show anything, is 110 percent to help everything.

And that's fun, because I know a little English too!

Standing near of an almost instantaneous urgency, the principle of animation is initiated almost constantly, amazingly, always in other new forms in the vitality of breathing.

When the alarm of the spirit sounds at every step, indeed the question for us is: "Are we in the right place?" I don't think we can find an answer, metaphors can be lost in mythologies, real names of truth can be lost in symbols and words are just poor concepts.
    The question is one of many: "Do we do what we love?" Because any connotation that contrasts the material body can overlap the similarity of several elements symbolized in the formulation of an atmosphere from the actual state.

The intuition of the creative potential releases, renews and replenishes, I like the rainy days of Friday's and the sunny ones of Monday's, it doesn't matter, every day is full of new moments and every moment is the countable or uncountable opportunity in the light of an exception.
    The spiritual exception can be many variants in one, if we are careful, the moment of the "always renewed spirit presence" can be succeeded in an act of production and representation, contrasting, imagining, manifesting, integrating, the power of an intellectual, emotional sensitivity in a notion that we cannot really define, and perhaps cannot be limited in one concept.

If I could acquire metaphysical metaphor in one whole, I could acquire through sense, a kind of root of meaning, close to a kind of energy or a kind of immateriality of an almost material substance, a specific frequency-presence instantly quantifiable ubiquitous , a perfection of the pre-existence of eternity in the infinity subscribed to that mini second of re-installation by overcoming alternating rhythm.
    If I could describe this in a symbol reserved for substitution, then the words would be meaningless.
    All I have left is to remember maybe that I have this insight in the most appropriate place of mismatch, I can see from above as I sink into something that elevates me unilaterally, as well as into a mood option that includes the state of spirit as a function of a balance already established by the vanguard of the apparent necessary chaos so descriptive around.

It's crazy, but maybe the most important detail is in such a broad analogy that I couldn't comprehend it alone. The seed was planted in my heart on an unknown Monday, and I ended up sitting in the chain of availability of my own will.

The biggest balance was to always jump in something bigger than my understanding, to go to something completely unknown, not wanting to know, but wanting to be.
    Everything can be completely unitary in regaining the integrity of the soul, always in the band of continuity, as if the broadcasting of an already known radio station resonates in the hearts of us all.
    The concern shared collectively in accordance with a specific character of a single meaning pronounces the graphic sound of a substantiated aspiration in a single spirit.

The fullness of the individual power of inner balance is a vital force, an indescribable miracle, a re-creation of an almost certain realignment.
    Anecdotally existential, as opposed to the ideal factor, there were moments when I was completely terrified, as if my mind was pounding with my heart, and in the whole process and tumult, I decided, somehow without choosing, to give my heart a chance, and it remained a unique opportunity in an event in which I remained in the light of my heart forever, precisely because I consider that I gave the mind quite a lot of access anyway.

Changing over something analogous innovates a kind of permanent bargaining, it is a constantly renewed session of a kind of permanent recovery mechanism in the immanence of an apparently active spectrum.
    Anyway, the reason of the heart, which for me means something that is completely incomprehensible to everyone, because we are all so unique, is the motto on the wall of my existence as a factor of innovation, risk and management, something that urges me to say always and especially in recent years that the purpose of the mission does not come alone, if we do nothing about it.

If no one can lift me up from one place and place me in another, then what would it be like to establish me spiritually first of all in my own order?

All of these can be more or less just guidelines, because everyone's spirit is something so deeply personal, related to the person or character as an occupied space, and everyone's experience as a piece that fits in his own way, are categorized as being so personal, so belonging, so " of ours "so that no one on the planet could truly understand, so once we emanate this factual state and be present in a ruminatively constructive way beneficial to others, it will bring enough strong energy for any momentary spiritual reorganization.

Maybe, trying to challenge your own spiritual image may mean producing new values.
    Maybe our ideas are just a status quo, even if the prospects consistently enrich them, I think it's worth listening to a new frequency every time, I think we have to get used to the unusual, and if we are completely scared, our history learn that we have always gone forward even scared.
    We always went ahead, scared but determined not to be left behind.

When we feel calm and quiet and not anxious, then we may feel that we are on the right track, the more we follow intuition, the more intuition will follow us, and the more we will feel relax to follow in due time the snapshot of the neighborhood of the spirit in full capture of existence.

Although I will never be able to explain to myself, in words, what I feel, I feel that somehow "this phenomenon" was given to me as a gift and that is enough for me.
    A kind of encyclopedia given only to make a moment of awakening, obvious as the need to breathe "bio-etherity of the mind in the full consciousness of the heart" in the vestige of the space occupied by the creation of life.
    And all this to be just human.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Anka For This Post:

EFO (25th November 2020), Harmony (25th November 2020), Trisher (26th November 2020), Wind (25th November 2020)

+ Reply to Thread