+ Reply to Thread

Thread: “ When the going gets tough, that's a positive signal to keep charging.”

1. Link to Post #1
    Language
    Dutch
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,068 times in 456 posts

Default “ When the going gets tough, that's a positive signal to keep charging.”

“I always felt that music is a good way to address the world's issues. To be in a band, the best bands I've ever played in, all the instruments are different. And we don't curse those differences, we bless them.”

"That's why I think the whole world should learn to play music. Then we might understand that differences are a blessing, not a curse."

Victor Wooten 2016 Commencement Speech at the University of Vermont Rubenstein School.

https://speakola.com/grad/victor-woo...ubenstein-2017

You don't have to watch all 24 minutes of a commencement speech, but there's a chance if you start watching this one, you'll stick around. To find out, it's not about how good he is. It's about who he is.

'We have to remember that the world is a beautiful place and we are beautiful people'

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Deux Corbeaux For This Post:

Anka (10th December 2019), Bill Ryan (19th November 2019), Cara (19th November 2019), Matt P (20th November 2019), rgray222 (20th November 2019), Sadieblue (20th November 2019), Satori (19th November 2019), Sue (Ayt) (7th October 2020), toppy (20th November 2019), Valerie Villars (19th November 2019), wondering (19th November 2019), yelik (19th November 2019)

3. Link to Post #2
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,481 times in 1,331 posts

Default Re: “ When the going gets tough, that's a positive signal to keep charging.”

Quote Posted by Deux Corbeaux (here)
    ...You don't have to watch all 24 minutes of a commencement speech, but there's a chance if you start watching this one, you'll stick around. To find out, it's not about how good he is. It's about who he is.

'We have to remember that the world is a beautiful place and we are beautiful people'
    Thank you so much for sharing! I really loved this. Uplifting, grounding and engaging all at once
    *I have loved the stars too dearly to be fearful of the night*

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Cara For This Post:

Anka (10th December 2019), Bill Ryan (19th November 2019), Deux Corbeaux (19th November 2019), Sadieblue (20th November 2019), Valerie Villars (19th November 2019)

5. Link to Post #3
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,309 times in 307 posts

Default Re: “ When the going gets tough, that's a positive signal to keep charging.”

I thank you too, loved it, good reminder for us all. It's who we are.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sadieblue For This Post:

Anka (10th December 2019), Cara (20th November 2019), Deux Corbeaux (20th November 2019), Sue (Ayt) (7th October 2020), Valerie Villars (20th November 2019)

7. Link to Post #4
    Language
    Romanian
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,443 times in 1,007 posts

"At this point in my life Id like to live as if only love mattered."
    "Some folks call her a runaway. A failure in the race. But she knows where her ticket takes her. She will find her place in the sun."
    "Now love's the only thing thats free. We must take it where it's found. Pretty soon it may be costly."
    "I've seen and met angels wearing the disguise of ordinary people living ordinary lives."
    "I'm still thinking and hoping there's an opportunity for people to have better lives and that significant change can occur."

Tracy Chapman

Talkin' About A Revolution(2:54)

And all this to be just human.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Anka For This Post:

Sarah Rainsong (7th October 2020), Sue (Ayt) (7th October 2020), Wind (7th October 2020)

+ Reply to Thread