+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Alkaline water

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Default Alkaline water

Hey everyone, I was reading this forum from time to time but decided to join the community because now I have a question. My mother wants to buy one of these things
    https://wisepick.org/best-alkaline-water-pitchers/ because her friend advised her. I have not found any medical evidence that high pH water is better for health, so I'd like to hear a qualified opinion or at least someone who knows the thing better than me. Would appreciate it. Actually, that's not a problem to spend $80, but I wouldn't say I like spending money when I do not know what it is for. So, share your thoughts, please

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Carol_R For This Post:

Anka (23rd December 2019), Bill Ryan (22nd December 2019), Billy (22nd December 2019), East Sun (22nd December 2019), Franny (23rd December 2019), Mike (22nd December 2019), Pam (22nd December 2019), RogeRio (22nd December 2019), RunningDeer (22nd December 2019), Sadieblue (23rd December 2019), toppy (22nd December 2019)

3. Link to Post #2
    Brazil Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    Portuguese
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,019 times in 377 posts

Default Re: Alkaline water

well, to make alkaline water, you need calcium carbonate and/or sodium bicarbonate.
    of course, you need also a way to measure (before/after) to check the PH you want.

The best PH to drinking water is 7.5 (7.2~7.8 range). The two substances I mentioned
    above are used on the most famous known stomach antacids, like bent magnesia tablets,
    or milk of magnesia. This medicin use a little part of magnesium chloride, to give the name,
    but the principle is the same found in nature, where water if filtered by layers of calcium,
    that gives the water the appearance of clear and pure water (calcium-rich carbonated water.)

so, you can buy these pills, or maybe a pure calcium carbonate powder to mix on the water you drink.

If you are experiencing high acidity, you can have a boldo tea (PH 9), which has a more strong effect.

What happens with high acidity is that the liver cannot eliminate toxins and the person feels unwell.

I honestly see no reason to buy a machine that promises to do something, which it can only do for a short time, as it will surely need to replace the filter element, which will only add calcium carbonate or sodium bicarbonate in the water.
    Last edited by RogeRio; 22nd December 2019 at 13:49.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to RogeRio For This Post:

Anka (23rd December 2019), Bill Ryan (22nd December 2019), Pam (22nd December 2019), RunningDeer (22nd December 2019), Sadieblue (23rd December 2019), Sunny-side-up (22nd December 2019)

5. Link to Post #3
    United States Avalon Member thepainterdoug's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,273 times in 3,171 posts

HELLO Carol / i have always just taken some baking soda , like a half a teaspoon, and put in a glass of filtered water once a day. certainly not a scientific answer but an easy way . and I try to use a baking soda with low aluminum content .
    but I'm no expert.
    welcome to Avalon

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to thepainterdoug For This Post:

Anka (23rd December 2019), Bill Ryan (22nd December 2019), Blacklight43 (22nd December 2019), conk (23rd December 2019), Pam (22nd December 2019), RunningDeer (22nd December 2019), Sadieblue (23rd December 2019)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,331 times in 2,365 posts

Different organs require different ph levels, and the body adjusts them automatically.

https://www.healthline.com/health/ph-imbalance#outlook

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to TomKat For This Post:

Anka (23rd December 2019), Bill Ryan (22nd December 2019), Pam (23rd December 2019), RogeRio (22nd December 2019), RunningDeer (22nd December 2019), Sadieblue (23rd December 2019), thepainterdoug (22nd December 2019)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks

I would not advice to make the water alkaline in this way. I've been following the Medical Medium since 2015, and everything I've tried from him has worked, so I take his advice in this as well. He advises to use a Berkey water filter system (which sits on the counter and you pour water into) to clean the water, or reversed osmosis if you want to install a system. He says that to amp up the alkalinity a lot makes it harder for the body to handle and doesn't work like it's supposed to. He says 70's is a better range for water and not to go above 7.8, not up to the 80's and 90's. He also says that a bit of fresh fruit juice like lemon vitalizes the water and makes it more useful for the body, and to drink plenty of water for alkalinity. Otherwise for alkalinity, (raw) fruits and vegetables is the thing, and coffee and eating a lot of animal products and over processed foods makes the system more acidic.
    He also says that when you test the urine for alkalinity this doesn't give the correct result. An alkaline body excretes acidity, while a very acidic one excretes the alkaline minerals, so the results become opposite.

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ariel70 For This Post:

Bill Ryan (22nd December 2019), Meryl (23rd December 2019), onevoice (22nd December 2019), Pam (23rd December 2019), RunningDeer (22nd December 2019), Sadieblue (23rd December 2019), thepainterdoug (22nd December 2019), toppy (22nd December 2019)

11. Link to Post #6
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,310 times in 18,139 posts

I use these products:
    • pHour Salts™ is a combination of four powerful carbonate salts (sodium bicarbonate, magnesium carbonate, potassium bicarbonate, and calcium carbonate) that help maintain the alkaline design of human, plant, and animal organisms. These salts are naturally occurring in all fluids of the body. Specifically, they can aid in the reduction of acidity in the lymphatic, circulatory, and gastro-intestinal systems.

pHour Salts™ may be used daily to increase the alkalinity of any food or drink. Other uses include baking, tooth scrub, mouth wash, deoderizer, bath soak, foot bath, and general cleanser.
    • Travel size Berkey Filter - rated 5 out of 5 stars with 1682 reviews

The Travel Berkey is perfect for an individual, couples, small families [+ fur children!] or people who travel with their Berkey®! Recommended for 1-3 people; it is light, compact, and perfect for limited counter space. 

Every new Berkey Water Filter System purchased from Berkey Filters is backed by the Berkey Care Lifetime Warranty!
    Welcome to Avalon Carol_R

Last edited by RunningDeer; 8th December 2020 at 20:16.

12. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Anka (23rd December 2019), Bill Ryan (22nd December 2019), Blacklight43 (22nd December 2019), East Sun (22nd December 2019), Franny (23rd December 2019), Ol' Roy (23rd December 2019), onevoice (22nd December 2019), Pam (23rd December 2019), RogeRio (22nd December 2019), Sadieblue (23rd December 2019), thepainterdoug (22nd December 2019), Victoria (23rd December 2019)

13. Link to Post #7
    United States Avalon Member lightwalker's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,035 times in 155 posts

I have the Berky with both the fluoride and charcoal filter. (going on 4 years). I love it. I also use a nutribullet with raw foods/egg 5 days out of the week. Do your research and use whatever tool you are drawn to for health and wellness. Also Earth Clinic is a great site for at home and on the shelf remedies.

lightwalker

14. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to lightwalker For This Post:

Anka (23rd December 2019), Bill Ryan (22nd December 2019), Franny (23rd December 2019), Meryl (23rd December 2019), Pam (23rd December 2019), RunningDeer (22nd December 2019), Sadieblue (23rd December 2019), thepainterdoug (23rd December 2019), Victoria (23rd December 2019)

15. Link to Post #8
    United States Avalon Member conk's Avatar
    Language
    Southern English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,146 times in 2,998 posts

I doubt an $80 device will offer much in the way of quality water. The first approach should be to filter the chlorine and fluoride. After that there are simple mechanical devices that seem to alter water in a way that mimics natural, free flowing water. One is a coupling device that connects two liter bottles, with one upside down so that the water flowing from it creates a vortex. If you doubt the effect of the vortex on the water, study Living Energies - the book on Viktor Shauberger. Shauberger was a Tesla, Leonardo type who understood water more than any human ever had. He was destroyed by the Germans in a manner similar to how Tesla was. These great men just knew too much.
    The quantum field responds not to what we want; but to who we are being. Dr. Joe Dispenza

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to conk For This Post:

Meryl (23rd December 2019), RunningDeer (23rd December 2019)

17. Link to Post #9
    United States Avalon Member James's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,504 times in 174 posts

Just as a word of caution to any friends here that deal with periodic GERD - I went out and got a big jug of alkaline water at the store one day just to try, knowing my acid reflux was previously well settled, and the alkalinity of the water (I drink one gallon per day) must have neutralized a bit of stomach acid, retriggering some awful acid reflux that evening.

Acid reflux often times is triggered by not enough acid in the stomach, causing the cardiac sphincter to relax and the stomach contents to travel upward overnight. Obviously there are several other causes, but this one hits a lot of folks as they age.

But yeah, low aluminum baking soda (and just a touch!) can make water run more basic versus acid, and it’s uber cheap, if you’re into this sort of thing. In all truth, though, organ systems in the body are pretty well equipped to handle their own preferable ph level on their own if the electrical components of the body are well taken care of.
    Last edited by James; 23rd December 2019 at 21:08. Reason: Changed underlining to bold so it didn’t look like a link!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to James For This Post:

RunningDeer (23rd December 2019)

19. Link to Post #10
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,331 times in 2,365 posts

Quote Posted by James (here)
    Just as a word of caution to any friends here that deal with periodic GERD - I went out and got a big jug of alkaline water at the store one day just to try, knowing my acid reflux was previously well settled, and the alkalinity of the water (I drink one gallon per day) must have neutralized a bit of stomach acid, retriggering some awful acid reflux that evening.
    eat some apples, knock it right out

20. The Following User Says Thank You to TomKat For This Post:

RunningDeer (24th December 2019)

+ Reply to Thread