+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sucking Plasma from the Sun

1. Link to Post #1
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,312 times in 617 posts

Default Sucking Plasma from the Sun

So there is a Youtube Channel I am sure that you have all heard of called kurzgesagt.

Their most recent video is about some futuristic tech and moving a star to avoid a supernova. So it is far looking tech but they claim it is in the real of our physics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3y8AIEX_dU

I highly recommend it as it is interesting to think about these things and I figure all here will enjoy the pieces they put from a "real physics" POV and the conversations here.

But the part that really stood out to me as at minute 5:14. They describe a process of fueling their device by taking H and HE. They have a nifty animation.

I INSTANTLY thought of something I saw in 2011. Much like the Norway Spiral from 2009(which side note try to find a nice HQ version of that event is supremely diffucult these days) there is a video of something truly incredible that most people have just forgotten.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mY5XsYnZmu8

I didnt choose that version for any particular reason just it showed the clips i needed and remembered. Notice how similar the process in the first video is to the second?

That craft in the second video is enormous.

2. Link to Post #2
    Netherlands Avalon Member ExomatrixTV's Avatar
    Language
    English, Dutch, German, Limburgs
    Thanks
    Thanked 125,636 times in 20,812 posts
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

DeDukshyn (22nd December 2019), Sadieblue (23rd December 2019), Sunny-side-up (22nd December 2019), toppy (23rd December 2019), XelNaga (24th December 2019)

4. Link to Post #3
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,445 times in 8,541 posts

Default Re: Sucking Plasma from the Sun

The space game / simulator "Elite: Dangerous" allows you to scoop plasma from stars for refueling your ship.

When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Sunny-side-up (22nd December 2019), Theseventhsign (15th January 2020), toppy (23rd December 2019)

+ Reply to Thread