+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sucking Plasma from the Sun

1. Link to Post #1
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,016 times in 563 posts

Default Sucking Plasma from the Sun

So there is a Youtube Channel I am sure that you have all heard of called kurzgesagt.

Their most recent video is about some futuristic tech and moving a star to avoid a supernova. So it is far looking tech but they claim it is in the real of our physics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3y8AIEX_dU

I highly recommend it as it is interesting to think about these things and I figure all here will enjoy the pieces they put from a "real physics" POV and the conversations here.

But the part that really stood out to me as at minute 5:14. They describe a process of fueling their device by taking H and HE. They have a nifty animation.

I INSTANTLY thought of something I saw in 2011. Much like the Norway Spiral from 2009(which side note try to find a nice HQ version of that event is supremely diffucult these days) there is a video of something truly incredible that most people have just forgotten.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mY5XsYnZmu8

I didnt choose that version for any particular reason just it showed the clips i needed and remembered. Notice how similar the process in the first video is to the second?

That craft in the second video is enormous.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Praxis For This Post:

DeDukshyn (22nd December 2019), Michi (23rd December 2019), Sadieblue (23rd December 2019), Sunny-side-up (22nd December 2019), toppy (23rd December 2019)

3. Link to Post #2
    Netherlands Avalon Member ExomatrixTV's Avatar
    Language
    Dutch
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,932 times in 3,336 posts
    ~no need2follow anyone only consider to broaden (y)our horizon of possibilities
    ~new: Stop5G.net & FB Groups/Stop5G

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

DeDukshyn (22nd December 2019), Sadieblue (23rd December 2019), Sunny-side-up (22nd December 2019), toppy (23rd December 2019), XelNaga (24th December 2019)

5. Link to Post #3
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,631 times in 6,989 posts

Default Re: Sucking Plasma from the Sun

The space game / simulator "Elite: Dangerous" allows you to scoop plasma from stars for refueling your ship.

When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Sunny-side-up (22nd December 2019), Theseventhsign (15th January 2020), toppy (23rd December 2019)

+ Reply to Thread