+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What is Clif High smoking? (Anatoly Fomenko's theory of the "New Chronology")

1. Link to Post #21
    United States Avalon Member Zionbrion's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,416 times in 406 posts

Default Re: What is Clif High smoking? (Anatoly Fomenko's theory of the "New Chronology")

He also keeps talking about the start of the Sci fi world, we shall see...in just 10 days
    Last edited by Zionbrion; 1st January 2020 at 18:34.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Zionbrion For This Post:

Bill Ryan (1st January 2020), Franny (2nd January 2020), mountain_jim (2nd January 2020), palehorse (3rd June 2020)

3. Link to Post #22
    Thanks
    Thanked 39,308 times in 5,717 posts

Default Re: What is Clif High smoking? (Anatoly Fomenko's theory of the "New Chronology")

Like Bill I have thought that since we each are born from parents (with parents etc.), they would surely have told us SOMETHING concerning the true history if so different. But there are no oral histories in my own family at all really so maybe???? I just don't know. However I think revisionists have an agenda that clouds their POV. The revisionists want to write history their way also.

What interests me is that rather than compression of everything into a 1000 years, the more likely issue is the advanced age of our underpinnings. Also, the "dark ages" applies IMO only to Europe really. There was sophistication and science and culture dating WAY BACK and known for thousands of years (millions???) until rediscovered. Examples abound

The latest I watched

THE MAIN GRIPE FOR ME:
    IMO but backed by evidence of stupidity, cupidity and willingness to hurt others despite its certain blowback
    We are possibly on a trajectory to lose the future.......

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Delight For This Post:

Bill Ryan (1st January 2020), Franny (2nd January 2020), palehorse (3rd June 2020), silvanelf (1st January 2020), Zionbrion (1st January 2020)

5. Link to Post #23
    United States Avalon Member Ratszinger's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,279 times in 1,399 posts

When I did my DNA trial years ago well ahead of the curve due to never knowing much of my paternal side of the family at all they went back seven generations and made offers continually to go back even further if I wished to pay for it. So suppose you went back ten or fifteen generations!? Isn't this proof by itself that Cliff is off? And for that matter so is the Fomenko.
    The genius consistently stands out from the masses in that he unconsciously anticipates truths of which the population as a whole only later becomes conscious! Speech-circa 1937

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ratszinger For This Post:

Bill Ryan (1st January 2020), Franny (2nd January 2020), Kryztian (2nd January 2020), palehorse (3rd June 2020), Zionbrion (3rd January 2020)

7. Link to Post #24
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,413 times in 3,425 posts

Quote Posted by silvanelf (here)
    Your claim about just "one person, or three people living simultaneously" is a myth. The simple fact that the University of Bologna was teaching astronomy and mathematics, which contradicts the assumption that during that time span only a few mathematicians were working in isolation.
    Yes, that would make perfect sense on every other thread in Avalon but not this one. But we are talking about the world of Anatoly Formenko and his New Chronology where all historical texts before 1620 were rewritten by Benedictine and Jesuit monks. And while I've only read 20 of the 4,000 pages of his new chronology, I was just making my best effort to re-align history in the same manner which he might have done it.

However, if you want to debunk Formenko's history, 15th century math and science might be a good place to start. You would have to look at primary sources, at the physical manuscripts produced before 1620 and ascertain whether they were real or fraudulent. You would have to look about how dependent the work of one was on another. You would have to look at documents where they corresponded to each other or wrote about each other.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kryztian For This Post:

Bill Ryan (2nd January 2020), Franny (2nd January 2020), palehorse (3rd June 2020), Zionbrion (3rd January 2020)

9. Link to Post #25
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,600 times in 5,379 posts

From what I have observed, history is relived over and over by each successive generation. Each make the same mistakes, gather information haphazardly, and stumble upon discoveries that accidentally lead to useful technology. The tech is then captured, exploited and sold at inflated prices. There is no goal and no guiding force of reason. It is just people living meaningless lives and wishing the unimportant were important - and pretending it is.

It is embarrassing how we live these lives, and how little useful anything comes from each generation. Just more mouths, more lives, more triviality.

And into this mix comes the next monkey wrench. Our history is shorter by 1054 years! I say it is still too long to claim significance for any one generation.

We are farmed, we are lab experiments, we are genetic dead ends - take your pick. We are a species without a future, why do we think we deserve a past?

Until we take hold of the reigns of our species' trajectory and consciously direct it we have no claim to a history or a future.

The history as espoused is our masters' invention to hide the obviousness of our plight: that we are not in control of our lives.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

Bill Ryan (2nd January 2020), Franny (2nd January 2020), palehorse (3rd June 2020), Satori (2nd January 2020), Zionbrion (3rd January 2020)

11. Link to Post #26
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,860 times in 11,838 posts

As an aside Sanskrit written and spoken is many thousand years old --one of the most precise complex languages.
    I suspect it came from an advanced civilization--pre ice age--certainly not invented by hunter gatherers.

I quite like statements made by spiritual "teachers" This one by Nasargadatta.
    Any concept--notion you come up with he would say "Thats not it"

ACIM "Whenever you take up a position know you are identifying with an illusion"

We can come up will all kinds of clever theories but no matter how well presented and logical, this does not make it true.
    Think this applies to this thread opening post and some others.
    Chris
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Bill Ryan (2nd January 2020), Ernie Nemeth (10th January 2020), Franny (2nd January 2020), Operator (3rd January 2020), palehorse (3rd June 2020), Satori (2nd January 2020), Zionbrion (3rd January 2020)

13. Link to Post #27
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Ratszinger (here)
    When I did my DNA trial years ago well ahead of the curve due to never knowing much of my paternal side of the family at all they went back seven generations and made offers continually to go back even further if I wished to pay for it. So suppose you went back ten or fifteen generations!? Isn't this proof by itself that Cliff is off?
    That info by itself wouldn't be proof, but DNA could be used as proof if you had, with complete certainty, the DNA of a historical figure and could find it in you own DNA. For example, if you were the descendant of Thucydides, a Greek General, and we also had what was unquestionably his DNA and compared it to your DNA, and if the technology could tell us how many generation have elapsed (not sure if it currently can) we might be able to place that person historically. According to our consensual history, Thucydides died around 400 B.C., which would put him back about 120 generations. But by Formenko's history, Thucydides lived in the Eleventh or Twelfth Century A.D. (between 1001 AD and 1200 A.D.) which would only put him back about 45 generations.

However, I don't think remains from a graveyard can provide reliable data because who knows who is really buried there. A lot of us aren't even sure if the grave of John F. Kennedy in Arlington Cemetery really contains his remains, and that grave isn't just half a century old and has been under continuous surveillance.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kryztian For This Post:

Bill Ryan (2nd January 2020), greybeard (2nd January 2020), palehorse (3rd June 2020), Satori (2nd January 2020), Zionbrion (3rd January 2020)

15. Link to Post #28
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,860 times in 11,838 posts

The BBC Panorama did a documentary on Yellow Stone Volcano--I posted it somewhere some time ago.
    Anyway DNA in females mutates and they were able to calculate that due to greatly reduced gene pool (bottle necks)there has be quite a few mass near extinctions of the human race--we are no talking about a few thousand years but for hundreds of thousands years the human race has been here and not as envisaged by Darwin.
    Edgar Cayce material worth a look --pre Atlantis.
    Chris
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Bill Ryan (3rd January 2020), Ernie Nemeth (10th January 2020), mountain_jim (3rd January 2020), palehorse (3rd June 2020), Zionbrion (3rd January 2020)

17. Link to Post #29
    Thanks

And who is behind this conspiracy of history??? Well who else - - - THE JESUITS !!!

Formenko refers to the conventional accepted version of chronology in History as "Scalagerian" after Joseph Justus Scaliger (1540 – 1609) a French historian who spent the last 14 years of his life in Holland. Before Scaliger, the chronology of Ancient history was based on Greek and Roman history. Scaliger compared the events of these histories to Babylonian, Egyptian, Hebrew, and Persian history to show what events were happening concurrently. Because Scaliger was Protestant and his work challenged the status quo, his work was fiercely contested by Roman Catholics, and especially the Jesuits. But he was invited and eventually persuaded to work at the University of Leiden in the Netherlands, where the Reformation was in full swing and where he work was well received.

He died in 1609. Eighteen years later, in 1627, Denis Pétau (1583 – 1652) published Opus de doctrina temporum, a revised, abridged, improved version of Scaliger's work. Pétau was also known as Dionysius Petavius, and was a French Jesuit. The very order that ridiculed Scaliger's work had now co-opted and given very little credit to its originator.

18. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Kryztian For This Post:

Bill Ryan (3rd January 2020), Ernie Nemeth (10th January 2020), George (4th June 2020), Meryl (4th January 2020), mountain_jim (3rd January 2020), palehorse (3rd June 2020), Satori (3rd January 2020), Zionbrion (3rd January 2020)

19. Link to Post #30
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,984 times in 463 posts

This pdf from Danel’s website Conscious hugs covers a lot of topics including current miscaluctlaitons of historical dates and times. Daniel is a major advocate for Dewey Larson’s Reciprocal System
    and it is on the basis of this theory he comes to his conclusions

Included in this paper,:
    1) geochronological time lines,
    2) Atlantean civilization,
    3) how solar systems form and that we have stellar evolution backwards
    4) there was never any planet that made the asteroid belt, disproving Velikovsky’s rogue planet theories and pointing out Sitchin may have had the wrong solar system.

5) In regard to radio carbon dating what scientists believe dates back millions of years, is in fact only 1,000s of years

6) Our current, 365-day calendar represents the way rotations and orbits occur now, but was this always the case? In order to be that static, rotation or orbit could not have changed over the millennia. The mass of the sun, Earth and moon would have to remain constant, despite all the meteoric dust they accumulate every day, and the internal structures would also have to remain constant—indicating that nothing much is going on inside the cores... not a very logical conclusion, given the observations. It makes far more sense that the lengths of the day, month and year have probably changed throughout our history.

7) mankind was created by “God” or “gods” around 3761 BC, which we are incorrectly dating as 50,000 BCE.

http://www.conscioushugs.com/wp-cont...I-Daniel-1.pdf

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to leavesoftrees For This Post:

Bill Ryan (3rd January 2020), Kryztian (3rd January 2020), mountain_jim (3rd January 2020), palehorse (3rd June 2020)

21. Link to Post #31
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,535 times in 32,788 posts

Quote Posted by leavesoftrees (here)
    This pdf from Danel’s website Conscious hugs covers a lot of topics including current miscaluctlaitons of historical dates and times. Daniel is a major advocate for Dewey Larson’s Reciprocal System
    and it is on the basis of this theory he comes to his conclusions

Included in this paper,:
    1) geochronological time lines,
    2) Atlantean civilization,
    3) how solar systems form and that we have stellar evolution backwards
    4) there was never any planet that made the asteroid belt, disproving Velikovsky’s rogue planet theories and pointing out Sitchin may have had the wrong solar system.

5) In regard to radio carbon dating what scientists believe dates back millions of years, is in fact only 1,000s of years

6) Our current, 365-day calendar represents the way rotations and orbits occur now, but was this always the case? In order to be that static, rotation or orbit could not have changed over the millennia. The mass of the sun, Earth and moon would have to remain constant, despite all the meteoric dust they accumulate every day, and the internal structures would also have to remain constant—indicating that nothing much is going on inside the cores... not a very logical conclusion, given the observations. It makes far more sense that the lengths of the day, month and year have probably changed throughout our history.

7) mankind was created by “God” or “gods” around 3761 BC, which we are incorrectly dating as 50,000 BCE.

http://www.conscioushugs.com/wp-cont...I-Daniel-1.pdf

Interesting trivia here: this is the same 'Daniel' as David Wilcock's insider contact who said he worked on the Montauk Project. No breach of confidentiality here, because
    1. David never personally revealed his identity, while
    2. It's actually pretty easy to figure out who he is (and also his real name).

22. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Ernie Nemeth (3rd January 2020), Kryztian (3rd January 2020), leavesoftrees (4th January 2020), mountain_jim (3rd January 2020), onevoice (5th January 2020), palehorse (3rd June 2020), silvanelf (3rd January 2020), Yoda (4th January 2020)

23. Link to Post #32
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,984 times in 463 posts

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)

Interesting trivia here: this is the same 'Daniel' as David Wilcock's insider contact who said he worked on the Montauk Project. No breach of confidentiality here, because
    1. David never personally revealed his identity, while
    2. It's actually pretty easy to figure out who he is (and also his real name).
    I decided not to mention his real name, nor his many aliases - but as you say not hard to figure out. He has been seriously ill with cancer, but seems to have turned the corner over the last month

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to leavesoftrees For This Post:

Bill Ryan (1st June 2020), Kryztian (4th January 2020), palehorse (3rd June 2020)

25. Link to Post #33
    Thanks

Getting back to Cliff High, here he is in 2011 discussing Formeneko, and yes, he is an enthusiastic proponent. A good summary of Formenko's work.

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kryztian For This Post:

Bill Ryan (1st June 2020), Inversion (2nd June 2020), palehorse (3rd June 2020), RunningDeer (2nd June 2020), Savannah (25th October 2020)

27. Link to Post #34
    Thanks

Atilla Flink, a Hungarian linguist living in Australia, researched the aboriginal languages and found amazing connecting to the Magyar language, the proto language for Hungarian. His work has not been published, but Max Igan gives us a summary.

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kryztian For This Post:

Bill Ryan (1st June 2020), palehorse (3rd June 2020), pueblo (1st June 2020), RunningDeer (2nd June 2020), Savannah (25th October 2020)

29. Link to Post #35
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,978 times in 1,342 posts

It’s interesting to see this thread, as I have recently become aware of this topic from a friend who is looking into the subject of Tartaria. Unfortunately that has become associated with mud flood and flat earth, which puts it into tin foil hat territory for many people. I found the basic premise of a mainstream false chronology very unsettling and challenging, but decided to look into Fomenko’s work and I started reading his first book a few days ago in the spirit of open mindedness.

Fomenko is correct to say that there is no provenance for the classics before the Renaissance; I studied Classics at uni and already knew that. The irony is, classical historians work from texts that are copies from that period, but when texts like the Kolbrin and Oer Linda Boek surface, they say that they are forgeries because they are copies. Works by authors such as Geoffrey of Monmouth and Nennius have an older provenance, but are now dismissed as unreliable.

He quotes various studies that state that carbon dating and dendrochronology dating methods cannot be relied on with certainty, which I had never heard before, and I will be checking his sources. (Fifty pages of the book catalogue his sources, which are meticulously referred to throughout his book.) Furthermore, he states that the carbon dating timeline was developed from ‘an artefact from a known date in history’ - but if the artefact date is wrong because the timeline is wrong, the method has a fundamental flaw. That’s one area that I want to check further.

I’m still on the fence regarding his theory, but I think it’s unfair to dismiss it out of hand without further investigation. Besides, when I’m sure that many in the Project Avalon community are aware of the social engineering of society in the past hundred years or so (CIA presence in the media for example, steering the way that people think), this could possibly be one of The Big Lies. I’m not therefore going to dismiss it without investigation, no matter how challenging it would be to learn that everything I was taught about history is a lie. There are so many history mysteries that academe dismisses as fantasy that it is at least worth a look.

30. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Brigantia For This Post:

aoibhghaire (2nd June 2020), Bill Ryan (2nd June 2020), Kryztian (2nd June 2020), palehorse (3rd June 2020), RunningDeer (2nd June 2020), Savannah (25th October 2020)

31. Link to Post #36
    Language
    English
    Thanks

I've just thought of something - the word Renaissance, that comes from the Italian word Rinascimento - that means 'rebirth'... an ending and a new beginning.

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Brigantia For This Post:

aoibhghaire (2nd June 2020), Bill Ryan (2nd June 2020), palehorse (3rd June 2020)

33. Link to Post #37
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,413 times in 1,572 posts

That is a very serious interesting reading, I just downloaded the first volume of Anatoly T. Fomenko.
    This subject is sensitive, since it can go easily from serious research to flat earth like stuffs, for now I have no opinion on the subject but I am pretty sure it worth the time to look into, I will start with Fomenko research and let's see where it goes.

I was just wondering how history will look like in 200 or 300 years from now, with all the three letters agencies manipulating information and knowledge as they do.

This is an amazing thread by the way.
    --
    A chaos to the sense, a Kosmos to the reason.

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to palehorse For This Post:

Brigantia (3rd June 2020), Kryztian (3rd June 2020)

35. Link to Post #38
    Language
    English
    Thanks

"I was just wondering how history will look like in 200 or 300 years from now, with all the three letters agencies manipulating information and knowledge as they do."

Oh yes, I agree. My friend's son's GCSE modules were China, South Africa and USA - none on Britain and Europe. I saw a survey that found that a large proportion of young Brits didn't know that there was an English Civil War, one of the most significant events in our history.

Nothing will ever convince me that the earth is flat. I was privileged, back in the day when kids were taken up to see the cockpit, to see the curvature of the earth on a night flight and it was the most beautiful sight that I have ever seen. I'm told that flat earthers argue that there's a dome above it, but how would I have seen it if we were flying below it? (...and we were definitely above it from the perspective that I saw.) If we were flying above it, how did the plane fly through it on ascent and descent? Nah, not buying that nonsense!

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Brigantia For This Post:

Kryztian (3rd June 2020), palehorse (3rd June 2020)

37. Link to Post #39
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,413 times in 1,572 posts

Quote Posted by HikerChick (here)
    "I was just wondering how history will look like in 200 or 300 years from now, with all the three letters agencies manipulating information and knowledge as they do."

Oh yes, I agree. My friend's son's GCSE modules were China, South Africa and USA - none on Britain and Europe. I saw a survey that found that a large proportion of young Brits didn't know that there was an English Civil War, one of the most significant events in our history.

Nothing will ever convince me that the earth is flat. I was privileged, back in the day when kids were taken up to see the cockpit, to see the curvature of the earth on a night flight and it was the most beautiful sight that I have ever seen. I'm told that flat earthers argue that there's a dome above it, but how would I have seen it if we were flying below it? (...and we were definitely above it from the perspective that I saw.) If we were flying above it, how did the plane fly through it on ascent and descent? Nah, not buying that nonsense!
    I do believe history had been changed/manipulated all along to fit the agendas/interests of whoever run the world, does it make any sense to burn books in the past to forbid knowledge? what are going to be in our time, burn the internet, people's computer? censorship them, control with chips? It's always been like that.

I remember reading a book called hollow earth by Carole Barrowman, right in the cover it says "Imagination can be a dangerous thing".
    I was engaged for almost 3 years in sky diving, I can confirm what you said, there is a beautiful curvature up there and I am not talking about records made with Fisheye lens, the best sunrise I ever experienced in my life was from a window of a little Cessna. If the earth were flat, there should be many evidences about it and we got nothing that prove the theory, perhaps it is not a perfect absolute globe, but sure not flat line, and a f*** dome? I hit that dome plenty of times without even noticing that.
    Last edited by palehorse; 3rd June 2020 at 10:52. Reason: globe
    --
    A chaos to the sense, a Kosmos to the reason.

38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to palehorse For This Post:

Brigantia (7th June 2020), Kryztian (3rd June 2020)

39. Link to Post #40
    Language
    English
    Thanks

I'm currently reading Fomenko's first book, Chronology 1, in between work shifts and other mundane stuff.

I'd like to put the question out there - has anyone read chapter 2, 'Astronomical datings', pages 93 to 105 about parameter D? My background's arts and humanities, not so strong on science so I was a bit lost on the science of what he was saying here. If anyone has an opinion about whether they think he's correct, I'd be grateful to see what you think.

40. The Following User Says Thank You to Brigantia For This Post:

Kryztian (14th June 2020)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast