Thread: Religion and gawd

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member OurFreeSociety's Avatar
    Overseas, want to get back to the US in 2020
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Default Religion and gawd

So I don't meant to offend anyone, but I will be speaking my mind here.

I'm spiritually conscious. I do NOT believe in religion or gawd, although one could technically call the Universe gawd, but any relgious person will disagree with that.

I also don't follow the New Age religion. I didn't realize it was a religoin created by the evils until Mark Passio explained it & then it made a whole bunch of sense to me why I never fit in.

I've been getting triggered non stop for about 4 years now ever since I became a truther & activist.

It seems that the majority of truthers & people working on the front lines are Christians.

New Agers (to me they aren't really spiritually conscious), most pagans or occultists don't want to hear the truth at all, & just want to bury their head in the sand & demand love 24/7.

That obviously won't work when learning the truth, & I believe we are all connected, so it's our DUTY to help educate others, encourage them to learn about the occult & take back our power so we can fight these assholes.

Obviously there's nothing loving about the evils of the world controling & killing us.

I had also been taught (I didn't understand that I was learning New age at the time) that love conquers all. Now I disagree.

Love can help for sure & should be sought after, but psychopaths & people who kill babies, children & humans & then even drink their blood aren't into love (obviously.)

My issue with people who are Christians (even Jews or Muslims) are that they CONSTANTLY preach scripture, talk about Jesus ALL the time. Every other word can be about this.

It doesn't matter what video I'm watching, what FB group I'm in (for the most part), it's constant relgious fanatacism b/c I consider anyone who has to constantly talk about Jesus, gawd or scripture or even the old testmemnt & Yewah to be fanatics.

They are either trying to convince themselves 24/7, or trying to indoctrinate others.

Anyway, yesterday I was very disappointed b/c someone I came across the other day knows a lot about how to protect yourself legally from the criminals in gov't. How to remove yourself from the US (the corp), etc.

Then she pointed me to a group & a conference call that was taking place.

I spent 5 hours of my time on the call & every so often they would talk about Jesus, they were going to ask him about this that or the other thing, talked about yeweh, then another woman who is new to the group was going on & on about Jesus, then quoting scripture (she even irked the others in the group), etc.

It took all of my resolve not to end the call b/c I wanted to learn.

In the end the woman who pointed me there says they only want people who believe in the most high.

I only know that term b/c I watched a video last year of a black man made talking about how everyone comes from Africa & therefor Jesus was black (just a side note). I never would have even known what that meant otherwise.

Anyway I'm very disappointed that I can't be a part of that group & I'm starting to think that maybe ALL of the people who are after freedom & the truth are just die hard religious fanatics.

I will never fit in there, nor will I force myself to even try.

I'm venting, but also want to know if this forum is the same way. It appears not to be, but people who are religious fanatics use the word "spiritual" now when they never really used it before.

I noticed this back when I first became spiritually conscious in '92 & I think it has to do with them fearing spirituailty & trying to take over that word.

Are there no spiritually conscious people (some people call themselves spiritualists) who are like this group I was in last night?

Are we destined to be slaves b/c we aren't Christians, or other types of religious fanatics?

Sigh

Thanks for listening.
    Looking for mature deep conversations with some laughter thrown in for levity.

I'm still looking for my like minded tribe. Maybe the next lifetime? LOL

2. The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to OurFreeSociety For This Post:

Anka (4th January 2020), bettye198 (7th January 2020), Bill Ryan (1st January 2020), Bluegreen (1st January 2020), boja (7th January 2020), DeeMetrios (12th January 2020), EFO (1st January 2020), Feritciva (1st January 2020), Franny (1st January 2020), Gracy (1st January 2020), Ioneo (1st January 2020), Mercedes (2nd January 2020), modini (1st January 2020), Pam (1st January 2020), Patient (2nd January 2020), Peter UK (1st January 2020), rgray222 (1st January 2020), shaberon (2nd January 2020), toppy (1st January 2020), wondering (1st January 2020), XelNaga (13th January 2020)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,393 times in 3,308 posts

Default Re: Religion and gawd

Welcome to the forum. Maybe the more pertinent issue at hand is why you are agitated by people professing a religion. It sounds like much more than you just being a bit put off by it, the issue seems to be a major disturbance in your life. It seems like it is limiting and mandating your movement in the world. In my experience an absolute truth is that when one is really, really bothered by something in the external world it is really about you.

Here is an example. I have always been really, really bothered by people that I feel believed that they are entitled. It really bothered me. Using the above principle I knew that I don't really feel entitled. In fact, many times I feel unworthy. I finally realized that both the entitled and the unworthy have distorted thinking about intrinsic self worth. I wasn't able to directly see that in myself, my lack of a healthy feeling of self worth so I judged those I deemed "entitled". Once I came to this realization the so called entitled rarely bothers me any more.

Just a thought if you are willing to consider it.

4. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Pam For This Post:

Anka (4th January 2020), Bill Ryan (1st January 2020), Billy (2nd January 2020), Bluegreen (1st January 2020), earthdreamer (3rd January 2020), EFO (1st January 2020), Franny (1st January 2020), jjjones (2nd January 2020), justntime2learn (1st January 2020), Mercedes (2nd January 2020), Patient (2nd January 2020), Sue (Ayt) (1st January 2020), Sunny-side-up (1st January 2020), toppy (1st January 2020), wondering (1st January 2020)

5. Link to Post #3
    Turkey Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,446 times in 216 posts

I totally & completely understand you. Didn't count how many times I was disappointed to see right-wing zealots masquareding as turther or seeker. Really got bored & annoyed of this (you talk about christians but dont get me started about muslims ...)

And yes peterpam, this is a major disturbance in life. If as humanity we will have any chance to evolve & proceed, we have to get rid of all religions; this is like simple math 1+1=2

6. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Feritciva For This Post:

Bill Ryan (7th January 2020), Bluegreen (1st January 2020), EFO (1st January 2020), OurFreeSociety (1st January 2020), Patient (2nd January 2020), Sunny-side-up (1st January 2020), toppy (1st January 2020), wondering (1st January 2020), XelNaga (13th January 2020)

7. Link to Post #4
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,020 times in 2,189 posts

Hello, welcome to Avalon

My take on religion is that if you are a Christian, Muslim, Hebrew or if you are an Atheist that's your business. There are a thousand different roads to follow and no one should be condemned for choosing a path that they feel is right. If you believe that people are trying to force their belief system on you it is because you are putting yourself in that situation. Generally speaking, our thoughts create our reality.

If there are issues that are triggering you whether they be political, religious or personal that is an issue that is under your control. For the most part (but not always) I think you will find the membership at Avalon fairly tolerant. I believe that most people come here to share, learn and explore the different realities of this world and the universe.

8. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to rgray222 For This Post:

Bill Ryan (7th January 2020), Bluegreen (1st January 2020), DeeMetrios (12th January 2020), East Sun (2nd January 2020), EFO (1st January 2020), Jackson (2nd January 2020), Mercedes (2nd January 2020), Michi (1st January 2020), Patient (2nd January 2020), Strat (1st January 2020), Sunny-side-up (1st January 2020), toppy (1st January 2020), wondering (1st January 2020), XelNaga (13th January 2020)

9. Link to Post #5
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks

Hi Avalonians.
    This is my first post! Just had to chime in.

I believe the original poster had more to say than just the dislike of religions in general. The real problem is that of community - no others to join to bring about a new world that he 'fits in' with. I have the same problem.

I can overlook religious people when they start talking about 'the blood of Jesus' and that God sacrificed His only son for our sins, etc. etc. etc. (btw - isn't 'sacrifice' a demonic/satanic thing? Maybe a topic for another post). But it's true that groups that evolved to 'set us free' are all wrapped up in religion. Very difficult to have to constantly overlook their 'message'. <sigh>

But I do believe/know in the conscious universe and that our thoughts are magnets. So I focus on putting out there my desire to hook up with others who are not focused on 'saving my soul'. And I don't put my attention on what I believe is wrong with others' beliefs. People will wake up at their perfect time and it's not my business to worry about 'when'. Thankfully.

Sorry, I don't mean to offend, but I tend to just share very openly what I think. That's why I enjoyed the original post very much. Hope I haven't broken any rules with my first post. I consider all posters here as friends and hope that the religiously minded will understand. Thanks very much.

10. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to modini For This Post:

Bill Ryan (7th January 2020), Bluegreen (1st January 2020), conk (2nd January 2020), DeDukshyn (1st January 2020), EFO (1st January 2020), Jackson (2nd January 2020), Mike (1st January 2020), rgray222 (1st January 2020), Sue (Ayt) (1st January 2020), Sunny-side-up (1st January 2020), toppy (1st January 2020), wondering (1st January 2020)

11. Link to Post #6
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,600 times in 5,379 posts

Yes. I agree with the op as well.

In fact, I would go further to add that we have been broken down by the dichotomous mire of our minds. We hear talk of the side of 'good' and the side of 'bad', but I see almost no difference between the two. The side of good is often just as vindictive and even more judgemental. And if you have somehow transgressed against a 'good' person they will rally their forces against you forever. The side of good does not forgive and loves to label others, as if a label sums up the whole reality of a person. Their favorite right now is 'narcissism'. So you have to walk carefully around the side of good, and grow a thick skin because while the side of 'bad' is definitely not my affiliation, from what I can see neither is the side of 'good'.

So realize there is a third way, a non-dichotomous way. Forgive both sides their transgressions and side with neither. Remain nuetral in all things. And use your own mind to decide - not the group-share thinking that affiliation often leads to.

Welcome and enjoy...
    Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water...Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. Bruce Lee

Free will can only be as free as the mind that conceives it.

12. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

Bill Ryan (7th January 2020), Bluegreen (1st January 2020), DeeMetrios (12th January 2020), Jackson (2nd January 2020), modini (1st January 2020), onevoice (1st January 2020), Patient (2nd January 2020), Sue (Ayt) (1st January 2020), toppy (1st January 2020)

13. Link to Post #7
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,754 times in 978 posts

Quote Posted by OurFreeSociety (here)
    Feel free, we're a broad Church.

Quote I do NOT believe in religion or gawd,
    Interesting wordplay!

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Peter UK For This Post:

Bill Ryan (7th January 2020), Bluegreen (1st January 2020), EFO (1st January 2020), Kryztian (7th January 2020), Mark (15th January 2020)

15. Link to Post #8
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by modini (here)
    Hi Avalonians.
    This is my first post! Just had to chime in.

I believe the original poster had more to say than just the dislike of religions in general. The real problem is that of community - no others to join to bring about a new world that he 'fits in' with. I have the same problem.

I can overlook religious people when they start talking about 'the blood of Jesus' and that God sacrificed His only son for our sins, etc. etc. etc. (btw - isn't 'sacrifice' a demonic/satanic thing? Maybe a topic for another post). But it's true that groups that evolved to 'set us free' are all wrapped up in religion. Very difficult to have to constantly overlook their 'message'. <sigh>

But I do believe/know in the conscious universe and that our thoughts are magnets. So I focus on putting out there my desire to hook up with others who are not focused on 'saving my soul'. And I don't put my attention on what I believe is wrong with others' beliefs. People will wake up at their perfect time and it's not my business to worry about 'when'. Thankfully.

Sorry, I don't mean to offend, but I tend to just share very openly what I think. That's why I enjoyed the original post very much. Hope I haven't broken any rules with my first post. I consider all posters here as friends and hope that the religiously minded will understand. Thanks very much.
    Thanks for understanding what I meant, but I must not have made myself 100% clear.

I used to hate religion. I was forced into religion as a child & knew by the age of 12 there was something very wrong with it. Then as I became more spiritually aware, I let go of my hate towards it.

Now as I have learned more about the evils of the world, I am positive they created religion in order to control the masses & segragate people & it's worked. People can't relate to others if they are in a different religion. In fact the minute I made it clear to that woman who introduced me to that group yesterday that I don't believe in gawd the way they do, that I'm spiritually conscious, she just ignored me.

That's why, IMO, spirituality is the ONLY way (there's more reasons of course) b/c in spirituality, it isn't about gawd, jesus, some book, etc. it's about togetherness, healing, improving ourselves on different levels, love, connecting to the Universe & others thru energy, & more.

I've been online f/t since '98 & I get around quite a bit being both a nettie & netrepreneur. I have NEVER EVER encountered so much religious fanatism until I started on FB & YT 4 years ago & started learning the truth. I'm 100% holistic & even in that industry I've started to see an increase in relgiious fanatics.

I'm not sure why it's mainly Americans who are religious fanatics. Theories have floated around that the people who came here originally were religious zeolats, but I heard they came here to get away from Britain's taxes, nothing to do with religion.

And that theory doesn't make that much sense to me b/c Canadians aren't like that.

And to me this issue is spreading b/c I've come across Aussies, some Canadians, etc. (not many) who are also behaving in this way.

So sure, everyone has the right to practice whatever religion they want, BUT I feel you should keep your religion to yourself, in your home & in your church, not be preaching religion every single place you go unless it's a group or channel that is specifically about religion.

That is what irks me, not that they are Christian. Muslims - as far as I have encountered, Muslims don't force Islam on others even though there's a whole bunch of people who say they do. I kind of figured out some of the evil Jews were spreading these lies, but I'm not sure as I still haven't researched the Muslim Brotherhood enough. This group I was with yesterday thinks they do b/c the mentioned them (Islam) as being a huge problem.

Jews never try to force their religion on others b/c you can only be a Jew by birth or conversion, so what would be the point? But they do try to force religion on other Jews who are either conservative or totally secular.

Most religious fanatics think there's something wrong with you if you don't adore religion the way they do.

And the assumption that Christians/Protestants, etc. (probably others as well) assume that EVERYONE else must believe in gawd, Jesus, know scripture, etc. just irks me. I mean obviously that's what they think, otherwise why would they just randomly start bringing this up in a FB group or on a YT channel?

And these people aren't looking to "save my soul" as you put it, they are just preaching vocally in every comment.

Even last week I got into a whole argument about reincarnation with a woman b/c I guess in the new testament it says that there's no such thing when I know there is. I've believed in this since I was a tween, not even an adult.

Again, this wasn't a group about religion, but the topic came up.

And I didn't realize that Christians believe that if you believe in nature, they think you are worshipping an idol. WTH???

I don't know much about Christianity, all I know is that these religions aren't truly about love & freedom otherwise they wouldn't be forcing their relgion out into the open every single day.

Now on the other hand it's probably triggering them b/c the topic is about the evils of the world, so they are constantly asking Jesus to save them, they are quoting some passage that they think predicted all that is happening right now many thousands of years ago as IF we haven't had evil things happen 1,000 years ago & 2,000 years ago.

Quote Posted by rgray222 (here)
    Hello, welcome to Avalon

My take on religion is that if you are a Christian, Muslim, Hebrew or if you are an Atheist that's your business. There are a thousand different roads to follow and no one should be condemned for choosing a path that they feel is right. If you believe that people are trying to force their belief system on you it is because you are putting yourself in that situation. Generally speaking, our thoughts create our reality.

If there are issues that are triggering you whether they be political, religious or personal that is an issue that is under your control. For the most part (but not always) I think you will find the membership at Avalon fairly tolerant. I believe that most people come here to share, learn and explore the different realities of this world and the universe.
    Thank you

No I'm not putting myself in that situation & the whole point of my post was to ask if most (if not all) of the organizations that are trying to break from from the criminals in the US gov't & the evils of the world are mainly religious and/or religious fanatics b/c that is what I'm experiencing & I'm trying to learn this & need to find a secular organization, not one full of religous zeolots.

I'm sorry you didn't understand the intent of my post.

Quote Posted by Feritciva (here)
    I totally & completely understand you. Didn't count how many times I was disappointed to see right-wing zealots masquareding as turther or seeker. Really got bored & annoyed of this (you talk about christians but dont get me started about muslims ...)

And yes peterpam, this is a major disturbance in life. If as humanity we will have any chance to evolve & proceed, we have to get rid of all religions; this is like simple math 1+1=2

Ok, so where are you finding these Muslims that are constantly preaching Allah to you?

I come across them once in a blue moon, but certainly not in truther groups, on truther channels, etc.

I want to make it clear though, that most of these truthers are smart. I guess what irks me is that I admire them & then BAMM, I'm faced with them preaching during their YT video, or mentioning Jesus about this or that & it taints the entire video I just watched.

I've had to learn how to ignore those parts, BUT then yesterday it was a breaking point for me b/c I thought I had found a group that could help teach me how to legally protect myself from the criminals in gov't, I could study & then teach others, but now I can't.

Does this mean that people who do NOT believe in all of this are left out in the cold?

I have a feeling that is the case as I've heard them talking about judgement day & they actually think the evils are going to somehow pay a price.

These evils have been existing for centuries now & they continue to flourish, so clearly Jesus/gawd (insert your label) isn't saving anyone from them.

That is why I feel so much stronger now that learning the occult is the only way to level the playing field in this dangerous game.

Thanks for understanding

Quote Posted by peterpam (here)
    Welcome to the forum. Maybe the more pertinent issue at hand is why you are agitated by people professing a religion. It sounds like much more than you just being a bit put off by it, the issue seems to be a major disturbance in your life. It seems like it is limiting and mandating your movement in the world. In my experience an absolute truth is that when one is really, really bothered by something in the external world it is really about you.

Here is an example. I have always been really, really bothered by people that I feel believed that they are entitled. It really bothered me. Using the above principle I knew that I don't really feel entitled. In fact, many times I feel unworthy. I finally realized that both the entitled and the unworthy have distorted thinking about intrinsic self worth. I wasn't able to directly see that in myself, my lack of a healthy feeling of self worth so I judged those I deemed "entitled". Once I came to this realization the so called entitled rarely bothers me any more.

Just a thought if you are willing to consider it.
    You can read what I wrote above. This isn't just a one-off comment, this is an almost daily ongoing preaching by one person after another. And I like several of these people, but then I have to tell them to please stop preaching b/c I don't believe in gawd or Jesus.

If it doesn't bother you, that's fine, but it bothers me b/c I find it dangerous & fanatical. Deep within me I feel it's very disturbing & it scares me.

If people like me have no place to turn to b/c these fanatics are the ONLY ones working towards what I'm working on, that bothers me a whole lot. I'm trying to look for other like minded people who are trying to help save the world which can't be done by only one person.

Quote Posted by Peter UK (here)

Interesting wordplay!
    LOL, why is that wordplay? I don't understand. Loved the show "Broadchurch" btw LOL

I really don't consider the Universe to be gawd b/c most people have one idea about gawd being a total controlling entity (usually male) that judges humans & decides their fate. That UNLESS he says it's ok, nothing will happen in your life.

That's so far removed from what I believe in spiritually, it's like night & day.
    Last edited by OurFreeSociety; 1st January 2020 at 21:23.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to OurFreeSociety For This Post:

Bill Ryan (7th January 2020), DeeMetrios (12th January 2020), EFO (2nd January 2020), Patient (2nd January 2020), Peter UK (1st January 2020)

17. Link to Post #9
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,754 times in 978 posts

Interesting wordplay!
    LOL, why is that wordplay? I don't understand. Loved the show "Broadchurch" btw LOL
    Agreed.

The wordplay had potential to come from the following dependent on context.

gawd

1) slang term for "God" or "god"
    2) Also used to avoid using the lords name in vain (ex "oh my gawd")
    3) Used by non-secular people to attain the meaning of the words "God", "god", or any form of it.
    4) an informal way of writing the word god, when used in expressions of fear, surprise, etc.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Peter UK For This Post:

Bill Ryan (7th January 2020), EFO (2nd January 2020), Mark (15th January 2020), Patient (2nd January 2020)

19. Link to Post #10
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,500 times in 4,009 posts

I understand the dilemma, and I would say it actually is because they are right, just not in the way they think they are.

What I would say is true, or is part of the Jesus I would admire, is breaking up the Pharisees.

Those zealots that also have this value, and a good understanding of legal and political history, are in the main correct about how the "experiment" of the U. S. has been stolen from the people and replaced in Pharisee hands. I think they may in fact be the only ones who know about it correctly, or who have it as a running narrative.

The rest of it, as far as did he start any church for someone to say all this other stuff, no.

The west, in general, will find what it was already told. The world as a whole will mostly turn to China. The Chinese are already in Greece refurbishing Port Piraeus--close to the Suez canal--on a scale that will dwarf Rotterdam. They have so many shipyards which are themselves like entire cities. Before long a never-ending fleet of Chinese aircraft carriers will be guarding the world's sea lanes. The Evangelists, I'm sure, will be allowed to keep their recital halls and do whatever they want, but, as far as a new crusade like in Bolivia to sweep the globe, nothing like that will ever happen.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to shaberon For This Post:

Bill Ryan (7th January 2020), EFO (2nd January 2020), Mark (15th January 2020)

21. Link to Post #11
    United States Avalon Member Strat's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,307 times in 1,825 posts

Hey! Much love, and welcome to the forums! Everything I'm about to say is my own opinion. Don't be scared of my fancy schmancy green colors. This is my 2 cents and it doesn't represent that of the staff/mods or anyone other than myself:
    I believe we are all connected, so it's our DUTY to help educate others, encourage them to learn about the occult & take back our power so we can fight these assholes.
    Listen to what you are saying here. Are these not the words of fanatics?

My issue with people who are Christians (even Jews or Muslims) are that they CONSTANTLY preach scripture, talk about Jesus ALL the time. Every other word can be about this.

It doesn't matter what video I'm watching, what FB group I'm in (for the most part), it's constant relgious fanatacism b/c I consider anyone who has to constantly talk about Jesus, gawd or scripture or even the old testmemnt & Yewah to be fanatics.

They are either trying to convince themselves 24/7, or trying to indoctrinate others.
    I hear you, but I think this is generally an internet thing. I have friends who are Christians who don't preach 24/7. Admittedly, they'll try to get you to go to church, or pray, but they don't twist your arm 24/7. My Christian friends actually hang out at the bar and chill. Good folks. Internet debates are far removed from real life experiences. Most folks just shrug their shoulders and move on.

Anyway, yesterday I was very disappointed b/c someone I came across the other day knows a lot about how to protect yourself legally from the criminals in gov't. How to remove yourself from the US (the corp), etc.

I spent 5 hours of my time on the call & every so often they would talk about Jesus, they were going to ask him about this that or the other thing, talked about yeweh, then another woman who is new to the group was going on & on about Jesus, then quoting scripture (she even irked the others in the group), etc.
    Please name this person. Can you agree that sometimes in life we get burned? It doesn't sound fair to me that you would group this person into the category of the average Christian.

Quote Posted by rgray222 (here)
    Hello, welcome to Avalon

100%
    Today is victory over yourself of yesterday. Tomorrow is your victory over lesser men.

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Strat For This Post:

Anka (4th January 2020), Bill Ryan (7th January 2020), EFO (2nd January 2020), Sadieblue (3rd January 2020), wondering (2nd January 2020)

23. Link to Post #12
    United States Avalon Member conk's Avatar
    Language
    Southern English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,145 times in 2,998 posts

The word God or Lord should be spoken of and written about with much reverence. No, I'm not referring to the Abrahamic God.

We should stand in awe of the universal intelligence that gives form to all life, to all that exists. I found no offense at your spelling, gawd. But in the parlance of the cool kids, put some respect on its name. God, the Source of all things and of which we are all a part. There is no thing that is not God. I am the great, I am.

Mr. Watts is a brilliant teacher.

"If you are intelligent and reasonable, you cannot be a product of a mechanical and meaningless universe. Figs do not grow on thistles, grapes do not grow on thorns; therefore you, as an expression of the universe, as an aperture through which the universe is observing itself, cannot be a mere fluke.

Because if this world peoples, as trees bring forth fruit, then the universe itself - the energy which underlies it, what it is all about - must be intelligent."

Also, to truly know God, study Dr. David Hawkins. I sincerely believe that in his book Power Vs Force and its subsequent books, Dr. Hawkins offers the truth.
    Last edited by conk; 3rd January 2020 at 15:48.
    The quantum field responds not to what we want; but to who we are being. Dr. Joe Dispenza

24. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to conk For This Post:

Bill Ryan (7th January 2020), DeeMetrios (12th January 2020), EFO (2nd January 2020), greybeard (2nd January 2020), Sadieblue (3rd January 2020), Sue (Ayt) (3rd January 2020), Wind (5th January 2020)

25. Link to Post #13
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,860 times in 11,838 posts

Yes I agree Conk.
    Respect--essential if there is a desire to "progress" spiritually.
    Chris
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Anka (4th January 2020), Bill Ryan (7th January 2020), conk (3rd January 2020), EFO (2nd January 2020), Pam (7th January 2020), Sadieblue (3rd January 2020)

27. Link to Post #14
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Agreed.

The wordplay had potential to come from the following dependent on context.

gawd

1) slang term for "God" or "god"
    2) Also used to avoid using the lords name in vain (ex "oh my gawd")
    3) Used by non-secular people to attain the meaning of the words "God", "god", or any form of it.
    4) an informal way of writing the word god, when used in expressions of fear, surprise, etc.

Ahh, now I understand.

So my choice isn't really there.

Since I don't believe in the gawd that everyone else worships, I don't like using that word. It's too confusing as people will automatically insert their own definition of what gawd is.

And one could interchange the word gawd with Universe, but again, to me they are very different based on my definition & 90% of the world's definition. So that's why I don't use the word god, God or G_d.

Quote Posted by Strat (here)
    Hey! Much love, and welcome to the forums! Everything I'm about to say is my own opinion. Don't be scared of my fancy schmancy green colors. This is my 2 cents and it doesn't represent that of the staff/mods or anyone other than myself:
    I believe we are all connected, so it's our DUTY to help educate others, encourage them to learn about the occult & take back our power so we can fight these assholes.
    Listen to what you are saying here. Are these not the words of fanatics?
    Maybe, but when our lives & world is at stake, I feel it's necessary.

But what I'm talking about is not geared towards any religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, political affiliation, gender, etc.

It's about self empowerment & being strong enough to fight back & when I say "fight back," that could be using any number of methods that have nothing to do with violence, but I believe that violence to defend ourselves is always warranted.

Most people can't fight back either due to low energy, their brains aren't working, they have been brwainwashed, they don't want to see the truth, they are too busy (that's what they want) to even take 5 mins. & understand what's going on.

I'm trying to wake people up, NOT convert them to some religion nor try to alienate them if they don't belong to said religion. I don't believe in religion at all. Spirituality isn't about religion or indoctrination. The exact opposite.

It is our responsibility to be a part of the solution & it's unfortunate that most people don't care, want everyone else to do the fighting for them, or just want to opt out.

Thanks for the welcome

I hear you, but I think this is generally an internet thing. I have friends who are Christians who don't preach 24/7. Admittedly, they'll try to get you to go to church, or pray, but they don't twist your arm 24/7. My Christian friends actually hang out at the bar and chill. Good folks. Internet debates are far removed from real life experiences. Most folks just shrug their shoulders and move on.
    Yeh I don't use the Interent as an excuse for bad behavior.

I do understand it's easier for people to say things when they aren't right in front of someone's face (me too), but we are all responsible for what we say & do whether it's online or off.

And if your friends are always trying to get you to go to church & pray (even if it's not 24/7), that's still trying to force someone to do something they don't want to do.

Asking once, fine, asking over & over again is what I'm talking about.

This may not phase you, but to me it's wrong & what I experience online goes way beyond that. These aren't friends, these are just random people constantly preaching non stop no matter what the topic is.

And for the most part I do move on, but it does aggrevate me. It always has.

Ths is why religon is so toxic, IMO, b/c it convinces people that THEIR religion is the only one that matters & that they must convince everyone who doesn't believe in what they believe to join the cult.

And this is why sooo many people don't believe in anything (they went athiest or the fake science route) b/c of what they experienced as a child & being forced.

I was forced too & it was terrible. It's total brainwashing, total dogmatic abusive behavior.

The WHOLE point about spirituaity is to NOT force/control.

I think you need to understand just how many people live online.

I live online not b/c I want to, just b/c I work online, am not well, & I don't have money to go out & do the things I would love to do.

I also don't live in an area where I have like minded people around me, & it's been that way for years.

So my only social interaction is online & when I DO want to talk to someone on the phone or on Skype, they do NOT want to & I hate it.

There's always an excuse & they'd rather waste time typing out long convesations where we don't get to know one another.

This isn't something new, I've been experiencing this since around 2000 where people don't want to talk on the phone. They live in a constant state of fear & do not want to socialize outside of their computer.

This has literally become one of the many reasons for the downfall of our society.

As much as I loved the net, I saw the writing on the wall about 5 years after I started online f/t back in '98.

Please name this person. Can you agree that sometimes in life we get burned? It doesn't sound fair to me that you would group this person into the category of the average Christian.
    No, I will not name the person even if I knew her name b/c that's not a nice thing to do.

She was on the call, but it wasn't just about her. Every so often the call was filled with religious verbiage.

And if this is my experience, this is my experience.

I don't bitch about things after one incident. It's not about getting burned once, it's about what I see & encounter pretty much every day.

When I complain, it's b/c that said thing is happening to me over & over again for a long time.

I've been online for years & been around the block online way more than most (for the most part, I admit I don't go where the young kids go) & I never ever encountered so much religious doctrine as I have in the last 2 or so years.

Then again I haven't experienced as much hate towards jews as I have in the last 4 years either.

Quote Posted by conk (here)
    The word God or Lord should be spoken of and written about with much reverence. No, I'm not referring to the Abrahamic God.

We should stand in awe of the universal intelligence that gives form to all life, to all that exists. I found no offense at your spelling, gawd. But in the parlance of the cool kids, put some respect on its name. God, the Source of all things and of which we are all a part. There is no thing that is not God. I am the great, I am.

Mr. Watts is a brilliant teacher.

"If you are intelligent and reasonable, you cannot be a product of a mechanical and meaningless universe. Figs do not grow on thistles, grapes do not grow on thorns; therefore you, as an expression of the universe, as an aperture through which the universe is observing itself, cannot be a mere fluke.

Because if this world peoples, as trees bring forth fruit, then the universe itself - the energy which underlies it, what it is all about - must be intelligent."

Also, to truly know God, study Dr. David Hawkins. I sincerely believe that in his book Power Vs Force and its subsequent books, Dr. Hawkins offers the truth.

You can go read what I wrote above, I won't repeat it & I won't spell gawd the way you want me to just b/c you want me to.

I more than respect & deeply Love the Universe & I know a fair amount about energy. I've been studying spirituality for years & been spiritually conscious since '92. If you need the Universe to be named gawd, that is your choice, but it's not mine.

It doesn't sound like you read what I wrote or you misunderstood what I wrote. You assumed I don't believe in anything just b/c I don't like religious fanatics.

Take care
    Last edited by OurFreeSociety; 7th January 2020 at 03:05.

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to OurFreeSociety For This Post:

Bill Ryan (7th January 2020), conk (7th January 2020), EFO (8th January 2020)

29. Link to Post #15
    United States Avalon Member Strat's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,307 times in 1,825 posts

It's late, I'm tired, and I can't really give a decent reply right now. My apologies. I'll have to get back to you. I just wanted to say this:

I live online not b/c I want to, just b/c I work online, am not well, & I don't have money to go out & do the things I would love to do.

I also don't live in an area where I have like minded people around me, & it's been that way for years.
    You are SO preaching the the choir here. This has been a serious issue for me and I've posted about it quite a bit. I could text wall about this. I can absolutely relate to everything you've said (especially about the health, you have no idea), if you need to rant then feel free to shoot me a PM.

While I don't necessarily see eye to eye with your post, I can truly relate to your frustration. My problem isn't with religious folks, but folks that only want to swim in the seas of debauchery. I bet we're in a similar boat. I'm sorry for the crap you have to put up with and I hope you feel better.
    Today is victory over yourself of yesterday. Tomorrow is your victory over lesser men.

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Strat For This Post:

Bill Ryan (7th January 2020), conk (7th January 2020), EFO (8th January 2020)

31. Link to Post #16
    United States Avalon Member conk's Avatar
    Language
    Southern English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,145 times in 2,998 posts

Quote You can go read what I wrote above, I won't repeat it & I won't spell gawd the way you want me to just b/c you want me to.
    I more than respect & deeply Love the Universe & I know a fair amount about energy. I've been studying spirituality for years & been spiritually conscious since '92. If you need the Universe to be named gawd, that is your choice, but it's not mine.
    It doesn't sound like you read what I wrote or you misunderstood what I wrote. You assumed I don't believe in anything just b/c I don't like religious fanatics.
    Take care
    I really don't care how you spell God, truly. Salute! And aren't you splitting hairs with the spelling? You're still calling the Divine Intellect God, however you spell it. People who abhor organized religion still use the moniker God. It just flows more easily than The Almighty Universal Grand-daddy of All Things and The Source of All Unfoldment. People who are the slightest of education still understand that the word God represents that unseen force that gives rise to life and movement and not the Great Bearded One.

We're on the same page. Semantics, shamantics.
    Last edited by Strat; 7th January 2020 at 16:00. Reason: Fixed the quote tags
    The quantum field responds not to what we want; but to who we are being. Dr. Joe Dispenza

32. The Following User Says Thank You to conk For This Post:

EFO (8th January 2020)

33. Link to Post #17
    United States Avalon Member bettye198's Avatar
    Fairfield Glade, Tennessee in the Catoosa Mts
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,025 times in 571 posts

My contention is that religion was also created for controlling minds. I knew this as a young adult when I was told to confess my sins to a priest who would absolve me. Huh? Then later discovered what New Age meant and that was also created to keep us in dreamland. It wasn't until later that I studied Kathara healing that the science of the Universe made perfect sense and that we were created by consciousness. I do not know at what point pre-ancient dogma made an issue of God ( the father no less) but all led to the other version of paganism and the Annunaki of which the Catholic faith has continued. The Pope has continued the rituals and vestments and symbolism of the Babylonian empire. It's evident for all to see. Thank you Our Free Society for voicing your honest truth. When we get down and dirty and release all the appendages of religious connotation and New Ageism lalaland we can look at the Universe as mathematically, symbolically encoded into our DNA and personal grids. We can begin to see we are interwoven into the Unified Energy that creates all. We are not a small fraction of it, we are part of it. We can also with knowledge can heal the miasms that dictate disease and death. Death is not part of our human imprint. Death is part of the animal imprint. We are limitless, boundless and powerful beyond measure. We have just forgotten ourselves. Peace and love
    When you realize where you come from, you naturally become tolerant, disinterested, amused, kindhearted as a grandparent, dignified as a king. -- I Ching

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bettye198 For This Post:

EFO (8th January 2020), OurFreeSociety (13th January 2020)

35. Link to Post #18
    Language
    English
    Thanks

It's late, I'm tired, and I can't really give a decent reply right now. My apologies. I'll have to get back to you. I just wanted to say this:

You are SO preaching the the choir here. This has been a serious issue for me and I've posted about it quite a bit. I could text wall about this. I can absolutely relate to everything you've said (especially about the health, you have no idea), if you need to rant then feel free to shoot me a PM.

While I don't necessarily see eye to eye with your post, I can truly relate to your frustration. My problem isn't with religious folks, but folks that only want to swim in the seas of debauchery. I bet we're in a similar boat. I'm sorry for the crap you have to put up with and I hope you feel better.
    Sorry for rthe delay.

I was very sick on Sat.

Thanks for the offer, but I don't want to rant about my health issues, I am trying to heal & I'll spend every day until I pass over to do just that, especially getting my once beautiful brain back - sigh

But if you want to discuss your health issues, I'm here to discuss b/c I'm very much into holistic everything & currently doing classical homeopathy & I want to learn how to heal with my mind.

While it's not a topic I want to rant about, I am looking for somoene I can talk to about this BIG stressor for me which is discussing Jews. (Note: this has nothing to do with me wanting to spew hatred, kill or harm this one race, I wish no harm upon anyone even if I don't resonate with them.)

I need someone who knows a fair amount about the topic, has had friends or family who are Jewish, can be honest about how most Jews act & whether the evil in this world stems from Jewish lineage as many people say.

I've been trying to get to the bottom of this for almost 4 years now.

Most people will say no this is ridiculous, but I have to say there's too much evidence out there. Weeding thru the lies is difficult & that's on both sides of the coin.

(Note: I was born & raised Jewish, but have never resonated with Jews, so this is a very difficult topic for me to talk about b/c I haven't found anyone who's open minded enough to discuss this topic with, & I can't discuss it with Jews otherwise I will be attacked.)

I hope you feel better & feel free to reach out, but for long conversations, I can't type out hours of text, I prefer talking (no vid) on Skype or on the phone.

Quote Posted by conk (here)
    Quote You can go read what I wrote above, I won't repeat it & I won't spell gawd the way you want me to just b/c you want me to.
    Take care
    I really don't care how you spell God, truly. Salute! And aren't you splitting hairs with the spelling? You're still calling the Divine Intellect God, however you spell it. People who abhor organized religion still use the moniker God. It just flows more easily than The Almighty Universal Grand-daddy of All Things and The Source of All Unfoldment. People who are the slightest of education still understand that the word God represents that unseen force that gives rise to life and movement and not the Great Bearded One.

We're on the same page. Semantics, shamantics.
    We may be on the same page, but I don't use the word gawd. That's what I'm saying. You are saying I use that, but I don't. I use the word Universe, & UNTIL it's acknowledged that there's more than one definition of the word, I refuse to use the word b/c most people (even the ones who aren't religious) still fear & think gawd is some force they aren't really a part of. Besides, gawd never helped me my entire life, so I have a negative feeling towards that word.

And no, not everyone uses the word gawd.

Take care

Quote Posted by bettye198 (here)
    My contention is that religion was also created for controlling minds. I knew this as a young adult when I was told to confess my sins to a priest who would absolve me. Huh? Then later discovered what New Age meant and that was also created to keep us in dreamland. It wasn't until later that I studied Kathara healing that the science of the Universe made perfect sense and that we were created by consciousness. I do not know at what point pre-ancient dogma made an issue of God ( the father no less) but all led to the other version of paganism and the Annunaki of which the Catholic faith has continued. The Pope has continued the rituals and vestments and symbolism of the Babylonian empire. It's evident for all to see. Thank you Our Free Society for voicing your honest truth. When we get down and dirty and release all the appendages of religious connotation and New Ageism lalaland we can look at the Universe as mathematically, symbolically encoded into our DNA and personal grids. We can begin to see we are interwoven into the Unified Energy that creates all. We are not a small fraction of it, we are part of it. We can also with knowledge can heal the miasms that dictate disease and death. Death is not part of our human imprint. Death is part of the animal imprint. We are limitless, boundless and powerful beyond measure. We have just forgotten ourselves. Peace and love
    Good for you.

At what point did you figure out that the New Age religion was meant to control? Was it from Mark Passio?

I've never heard of Kathara healing before. Do you have a specific site that is easy to understand?

I'm still studying all the different pieces about the catholic church aka Vatican.

When you say "Babylonian empire," do you mean paganism?

I didn't even realize until recently that many christians hate catholicism. I know very little about all the different religions other than what I have always felt intuitively... that it's just a way to control the masses & segregate the human race. And the people who are being controlled then go on to control their children, & the cycle continues generation after generation. Lots of judgement too. If you don't follow in your parent's religious lineage, you are pretty much shunned & many are kicked out of the house and/or disowned.

And if you aren't part of the clique & go to church/synagogue, you are also shunned from the community. Lots of shame in religion.

As much as I'd love to understand math, my brain has never been able to compute more than basic math even though I understand logic in many other ways. It's a shame, as I do know that math is part of the bigger whole.

What do you mean by "personal grid?" Our individual destiny?

"Death is not part of our human imprint. Death is part of the animal imprint." What do you mean by "animal?" You don't believe that animals reincarnate?

We are part animal as humans.

Thanks for the discussion

Hugs

+ Reply to Thread