1. Link to Post #461
    United States Moderator Sue (Ayt)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,860 times in 2,592 posts

Default Re: The United States kills Quds Commander Qasem Soleimani

Quote Posted by Mashika (here)
    Just a few days ago i read a post from a person in Damascus, he was talking about news that an Irarian oil tanker was hit by the US, and it had a picture on it of a tanker and lots of smoke, but after i went looking for more info, the entire post had been removed. Perhaps it was a mistake and he removed it, perhaps it was not? I could not find anything and asking about it basically got me ignored by the guy. I don't know what to think of it

Most likely it was fake news he assumed to be true, but casually, next day or two i watched on a Colombian channel that a tanker was sinking on the Venezuelan borders, and that it had tons of oil on it and a ship was going to be sent to retrieve the oil before it could spill into the ocean

Could these two events be the same? Nowhere on that video i watched, they mentioned why the tanker was sinking in the first place, so it makes me wonder

Very confusing news lately
    That does sound a bit fishy.
    I did a news search and found this article from Oct. 9.here.
    (A snip is quoted below.)
    It does make me wonder if something is up.

Quote Many oil tankers have changed their names and even their managing companies after visiting Venezuelan ports this year to avoid U.S. sanctions, according to public shipping registries and Refinitiv Eikon data.

The United States has sanctioned PDVSA as part of a series of measures to try to oust Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro. It has imposed sanctions on Iran’s oil industry to try to thwart the country’s nuclear program.

Washington took no action to disrupt Master Honey’s voyage, or a separate flotilla of three Iranian tankers that brought fuel to gasoline-starved Venezuela last week.
    "We're all bozos on this bus"

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sue (Ayt) For This Post:

Bill Ryan (22nd October 2020), Gwin Ru (22nd October 2020), Harmony (22nd October 2020), justntime2learn (22nd October 2020), Mashika (22nd October 2020), Sarah Rainsong (22nd October 2020)

3. Link to Post #462
    On Sabbatical
    Language
    None
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,830 times in 3,335 posts

Default Re: The United States kills Quds Commander Qasem Soleimani

Quote Posted by Sue (Ayt) (here)
    Quote Posted by Mashika (here)
    Just a few days ago i read a post from a person in Damascus, he was talking about news that an Irarian oil tanker was hit by the US, and it had a picture on it of a tanker and lots of smoke, but after i went looking for more info, the entire post had been removed. Perhaps it was a mistake and he removed it, perhaps it was not? I could not find anything and asking about it basically got me ignored by the guy. I don't know what to think of it

Most likely it was fake news he assumed to be true, but casually, next day or two i watched on a Colombian channel that a tanker was sinking on the Venezuelan borders, and that it had tons of oil on it and a ship was going to be sent to retrieve the oil before it could spill into the ocean

Could these two events be the same? Nowhere on that video i watched, they mentioned why the tanker was sinking in the first place, so it makes me wonder

Very confusing news lately
    That does sound a bit fishy.
    I did a news search and found this article from Oct. 9.here.
    (A snip is quoted below.)
    It does make me wonder if something is up.

Quote Many oil tankers have changed their names and even their managing companies after visiting Venezuelan ports this year to avoid U.S. sanctions, according to public shipping registries and Refinitiv Eikon data.

The United States has sanctioned PDVSA as part of a series of measures to try to oust Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro. It has imposed sanctions on Iran’s oil industry to try to thwart the country’s nuclear program.

Washington took no action to disrupt Master Honey’s voyage, or a separate flotilla of three Iranian tankers that brought fuel to gasoline-starved Venezuela last week.
    Seems like terrible retribution, in the hands of Iran, has already started in the way they find more close

I don't have words. I know how terrible that feeling is, but this is way too close in other ways. I'm so sorry for those people

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mashika For This Post:

Bill Ryan (22nd October 2020), Harmony (22nd October 2020)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst 1 14 24