+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A Better Bucket List

1. Link to Post #1
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,019 times in 2,189 posts

Default A Better Bucket List

A few years ago I started poking around the edges of putting together a bucket list. Once I started to assemble one something did not feel right. I did not bother to give it much thought and set it aside until it was forgotten and became a distant memory.

Recently I decided to revisit the entire bucket list issue. I started to search around the internet for a list that made sense. I looked up bucket lists in every conceivable way I could think of, no matter how generic or esoteric they all seemed to be the same. Travel to an exotic destination, take a cruise, learn a language, adopt a positive attitude etc. These are all great things to do but they are not even close to what I had in mind.

I instinctively knew a couple of things. A bucket list should not cause you to spend money. A bucket list should not be what society thinks is good for you nor should it be something that bolsters your ego. A bucket list does not need to be life-changing but it should at the very least be life-enhancing. A good bucket list should cause you to think about how you are moving through life. Last and certainly not least a good bucket list is not just about you, a better bucket list will take into consideration all the lives you touch during your journey.

The list is long but it is meant to be a reference list that people can pick and choose from and refer back when they feel the need.

I published this list today on one of my sites but I plan to republish this list in a few weeks with changes. Feel free to add to the list or tell me why something should be taken off. Your feedback is welcomed. The list has been randomized so there is no order of importance.

• Listen To Your Intuition And Act On It
    • Momentum Counts Do The Easy Things First
    • Confront Your Fear(s)
    • Think Deeply About Someone You Miss and Cry
    • Understand, If You Don't Ask the Question The Answer Will Always Be No
    • Channel Anger Into Something Positive
    • Think Hard About Your Hot Buttons Issues, Neutralize Them
    • Show Kindness To Someone Once A Day
    • Define What Happiness Means To You
    • Let Go Of One Toxic Issue In Your Life
    • Learn That Running Away Only Relocates Your Problems
    • Listen More, Speak Less
    • Sometimes The Best Response Is No Response At All
    • Evaluate Your Life As If You Were Going To Die Tomorrow
    • Make Sustainability a Mindful Part of Your Life
    • Remove One Toxic Person From Your Life
    • Understand That You Are Not Always Right
    • Donate Time Not Money To A Charity
    • Apply The Laws Of Attraction to Everyday Life
    • Find Room For Forgiveness In Your Heart And Soul
    • Become Fully Aware
    • Don't Use Labels To Describe People
    • Find Things And People In Your Life To Be Thankful For
    • Make A Real Effort To Laugh
    • Tell Somebody You Love Them Everyday
    • Praise Someone Everyday
    • Ponder The Size Scope and Meaning of the Universe
    • Understand Saying No Is OK
    • Understand What People Argue About Is Often Not The Real Issue
    • It Is OK To Be A Victim But Not Forever
    • Tell No Lies, No Matter How Small
    • Stop Looking Back
    • Stop Watching The News
    • Understand That Wisdom Doesn't Live On The Right or Left
    • Review The Mistakes In Your Life and Forgive Yourself
    • Understand That Happiness Is Not The End Goal Of Life
    • Help Others Even When It is A Burden
    • Look Inside Yourself For Truth, Stop Looking For Validation
    • Even When Life Seems Unfair, Always Take The High Road
    • Understand It's OK To Feel Down But Not Forever
    • Think About What It Means To Have A Soul
    • Make a Friend That Is 65+, Pick Their Brain About Life
    • Spend Some Time Thinking About The Afterlife
    • Think About The Best Things That Happened in Your Life
    • To Meditate It Is Not Necessary To Be Still or Quiet
    • Choose Your Words Carefully
    • Be Present For Everything You Do and Say
    Last edited by rgray222; 8th January 2020 at 00:48. Reason: clarity

2. The Following 30 Users Say Thank You to rgray222 For This Post:

Anka (7th January 2020), aoibhghaire (8th January 2020), bettye198 (10th January 2020), Bill Ryan (7th January 2020), Chester (7th January 2020), Craig (8th January 2020), Dick (8th January 2020), EFO (7th January 2020), ExomatrixTV (7th January 2020), Franny (7th January 2020), GMB1961 (8th January 2020), Iloveyou (9th January 2020), Ioneo (7th January 2020), Jackson (9th January 2020), justntime2learn (7th January 2020), Mark (8th January 2020), Mark (Star Mariner) (9th January 2020), Meryl (9th January 2020), O Donna (8th January 2020), Ol' Roy (8th January 2020), onevoice (8th January 2020), Orph (7th January 2020), Sadieblue (7th January 2020), Satori (7th January 2020), sunwings (8th January 2020), Tintin (8th January 2020), toppy (8th January 2020), Victoria (8th January 2020), wondering (8th January 2020), Zionbrion (9th January 2020)

3. Link to Post #2
    Language
    Romanian
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,568 times in 1,716 posts

Default Re: A Better Bucket List

Build/Create something,anything from nothing or scrap.
    Do a good thing.
    Make others feel good for real.
    Beware...be aware.
    Always take care and be in harmony with all that surrounded you,seen and unseen.
    Send/Bring anything you can in neutrality zone.
    Avoid abusive interference.
    "Your planet is forbidden for an open visit - extremely aggressive social environment,despite almost perfect climatic conditions.Almost 4 billion violent deaths for the last 5000 years and about 15000 major military conflicts in the same period."

4. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to EFO For This Post:

Anka (7th January 2020), Chester (7th January 2020), justntime2learn (7th January 2020), O Donna (8th January 2020), Orph (7th January 2020), rgray222 (7th January 2020), Sadieblue (7th January 2020), Satori (7th January 2020), Tintin (8th January 2020), toppy (8th January 2020), Victoria (8th January 2020), wondering (8th January 2020)

5. Link to Post #3
    Netherlands Avalon Member ExomatrixTV's Avatar
    Language
    English, Dutch, German, Limburgs
    Thanks
    Thanked 125,632 times in 20,810 posts

Cool Re: A Better Bucket List

Impressive bucket list @rgray222

My 2020 bucket list is more like this:

01. Stay in self-honesty even if you think you can't be at certain times, be honest about that too.
    02. If need be, let go of being in a Permanent State of "Hyper Alertness" (precursor of anxiety attacks).
    03. At least 10 min a day practice "Connected Breathing aka Circular Breathing Technique"
    04. Laugh at yourself at least twice a day!
    05. Allow yourself to surprise yourself.
    06. Be kind NOT because it is "only for them" or "it is expected" but do it as you become a conduit of healing energies for others and yourself too.
    07. Walk in nature for no reason.
    08. Do at least 1 positive thing per day you never ever did before in your life.
    09. Find your (com)passion.
    10. Cuddle a cat or a dog if you do not have them watch videos of cats and dogs.
    11. Deep conscious breathing if you feel emotions/hardship/setbacks.
    12. Paint, make music, sing, compose, draw, design, use more creativity, make poetry etc.

... and I can go on and on and on

Cheers,
    John Kuhles - Jan 7th, 2020
    Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 8th January 2020 at 09:15.
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

6. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Anka (8th January 2020), Chester (7th January 2020), justntime2learn (7th January 2020), O Donna (8th January 2020), Ol' Roy (8th January 2020), onevoice (8th January 2020), Orph (7th January 2020), rgray222 (7th January 2020), Sadieblue (7th January 2020), Satori (7th January 2020), sunwings (8th January 2020), Tintin (8th January 2020), toppy (8th January 2020), Victoria (8th January 2020), wondering (8th January 2020)

7. Link to Post #4
    Language
    Romanian
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,443 times in 1,007 posts

For the importance with which visitors give credit by reading on this forum and for the relevance of a useful and impressive character for the love we have for the whole human, terrestrial and universal existence, and for the greatness of this post, thank you, and I have some ideas that maybe, can be added

-Receive the gift of your imperfection in belonging to the Source of authenticity responsible for your creativity
    -Calibrate the level of your awareness by the ability to truly want to experience a new variety of sensations and radical changes to the always good path
    -Make orders now in principles and rules without justifiable negativity which is a burden but through the true masterpiece of the image of free thinking in present and future elections
    -Draw a map of your virtues on the world map of the ready-made consciousness, for all to learn to start from the beginning with the discipline of giving for a better collective consciousness every day
    -Start a crucial disclosure by asking yourself if you are ready to go beyond your limits and if you truly believe that you can live a miracle
    -In the practice that guides you on the journey of a process of awakening, you eliminate a single obstacle to receive endless possibilities.
    -There is nothing you can not do or want just because you are blessed here now and always with the power of creation try for the first time and forever to do what you want because no one else can create in your unique experience
    -Let yourself be inspired by your fascinating change by the fact that you now feel truly protected and you are finally good at being yourself. Make the change a timeless idea because you are the change.
    -Always remember the power of feeling absolutely free in the secret of deliberating your new dimension and stick to the promise that changed your life when you said "today I will be fine"
    -Add now, with an inspiration of millions of thoughts, the greatest distinction to the Force you have in "being" and the total surrender in the enthusiasm in all the simplicity of "becoming"
    -Let the emotion of the feelings translate you, by intelligence cultivating the emotions and impulses improving, extrapolating and ending always, in cursive emotion of intelligent in the ethics of the good side
    -Do not rush to ask yourself what is chosen by those who do not want to choose. Disorder always pivots in favor of clarity of order
    -Now base your freedom on favorable margins for yourself, experience the joy of having it by sharing the adventure with others with the Earth and shouting in the Universe "I am happy!" And you only have to develop your creation further
    -Choose well the seed that gets you in today's present and because you sow love you can not expect anything else instead of rising only love and in a world where people fail to sow a good seed being easily broken but hope to receive instead a harvest of peace and love, the echo will constantly bring to you and many the energetic good nature that transcends free but essentially for all

-Find the way to your own greatness within you in the reflection of your own truth that you already have in your soul and you need to be aware of it
    -Accept diversity in knowledge through the intersections of merged notions from all domains blended together through their diversity in the accuracy of your explanation, choose everything you have at hand to correctly render your state of transformation.
    -Directly tell from your source the true experiences from the inspiration of the original story that will always come back to you through a new teaching gift
    -Accept the noise in all its usefulness to make you an endless plain of inward silence going into the deep state of consciousness
    -Consciously choose the mechanism to explore and corroborate unknown and unexperienced events, always supporting the power of positive thinking and the power of your pair consciousness
    -Now exemplify the power of love and draw on the clear sky the sign of equality in humanity as a human and spiritual landmark for all physical and non-physical beings as a sign like humanity Exist
    -Dust, the paradigm of scientific explanations is easy to approach and lays the foundation for a belief focused in the midst of each human being's living and experimenting even under the seemingly unrealistic account of real stories and statements, passing any limitation with the belief that everything is about to change in good.
    -Experiment subjectively and process objectively from the unique perspective of self-disclosure.

I have many more, but I hope that at least one of them can be a good advice in this life that we should actually experience as a whole philosophy of love.

Love
    Anka
    And all this to be just human.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Anka For This Post:

EFO (8th January 2020), ExomatrixTV (2nd August 2023), O Donna (8th January 2020), rgray222 (8th January 2020), Victoria (8th January 2020)

9. Link to Post #5
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,527 times in 642 posts

Sometimes we can be rather prolix, without meaning to.

I'm going to boil it down:

BE HERE NOW

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Caliban For This Post:

Anka (8th January 2020), EFO (9th January 2020), Meryl (9th January 2020), O Donna (8th January 2020), rgray222 (9th January 2020), Satori (8th January 2020), Victoria (8th January 2020)

11. Link to Post #6
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,055 times in 2,419 posts

Quote Posted by Caliban (here)
    Sometimes we can be rather prolix, without meaning to.

I'm going to boil it down:

BE HERE NOW
    If I may add:

"Don't worry. Be happy."

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Satori For This Post:

Anka (9th January 2020), Caliban (8th January 2020), EFO (9th January 2020), Justplain (9th January 2020), O Donna (8th January 2020), rgray222 (9th January 2020), Victoria (8th January 2020)

13. Link to Post #7
    Australia Avalon Member GMB1961's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,232 times in 120 posts

Let everything you love be everything you do, there are never problems ...only solutions. Peace. Glenn.

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to GMB1961 For This Post:

Anka (9th January 2020), EFO (9th January 2020), ExomatrixTV (9th January 2020), Justplain (9th January 2020), rgray222 (9th January 2020), Victoria (9th January 2020)

15. Link to Post #8
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,261 times in 1,414 posts

My bucket wishlist is pretty simple: peace in the world, prosperity in the world, no more wars, no more bombing, no more murders. When I wish for myself it's for good health and financial security for my family and myself.

Peace of Earth. Love for all.

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Justplain For This Post:

Anka (9th January 2020), EFO (9th January 2020), Ernie Nemeth (9th January 2020), ExomatrixTV (2nd August 2023), rgray222 (9th January 2020), Victoria (9th January 2020)

17. Link to Post #9
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,599 times in 5,379 posts

Self-improvement has been my life's work, with not many years where improvement did not happen.

In fact I documented a time when because I had not improved satisfactorily for a few years straight, I decided to commit suicide.

I gave myself a year to turn things around. That was my most productive year ever and saved my life.

The fact that I could not change careers was a huge disappointment, however, that I have never recovered from.

My bucket list is empty now. I expect nothing and strive for nothing.

But the worst is having lost my god. I suspect every voice, and refuse every overture - rejecting all synchronicity as false.

I still heed the call and rarely turn down any offer for guidance or help - even though those same lessons have not helped me. I feel like a hypocrite. But it seems to make others happy. So I do it for them.

I have wished all my life for a world I could be proud of but this is what we have, like it or not...and my head is full of every conspiracy, every oddity, every injustice and none have ever had a happy ending or turned into a positive - not one!

I was wrong. My bucket list does still contain one thing - to get out of here quickly and with as little pain as possible.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

ExomatrixTV (2nd August 2023), rgray222 (9th January 2020), Strat (9th January 2020)

+ Reply to Thread