+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I'm talking Trump and a whole host of issues in vid

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member jagman's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,253 times in 1,895 posts

Default I'm talking Trump and a whole host of issues in vid

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to jagman For This Post:

Arcturian108 (17th January 2020), Bill Ryan (18th January 2020), ExomatrixTV (16th January 2020), GMB1961 (16th January 2020), jjjones (17th January 2020), Matt P (16th January 2020), Mercedes (18th January 2020), Sadieblue (17th January 2020), Soda (16th January 2020)

3. Link to Post #2
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,600 times in 5,379 posts

Default Re: I'm talking Trump and a whole host of issues in vid

Hi Jagman.

I'll just touch on a couple of points you make.

The impeachment thing is a ploy, imo, that is not even intended on succeeding. It is a win-win in the eyes of the crazy Dem leaders. If it succeeds, Trump is out of the 2020 race. If it does not, like Pelosi says, Trump is still impeached for life. It is the perfect form of slander because there is no way to claim remedy, since these are officers of the government and they will not be held personally accountable, at least in the likeliest of scenarios.

The other thing is money. We have been programmed to value money, a certain amount of it for a certain type of work performed. Those in charge do not hold this value - at all. To them money is merely a means to an end. If there is need for more of it, they just print more. This year alone, 16 days, they have quietly dumped, not even sure, maybe around $250,000,000,000 into the US economy - that's 250 billion! In 16 days! And they are talking about dumping in even more...

good work

To be constructive, maybe use a better back light, we can't see your face very well. Or is that intended?

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

Bill Ryan (18th January 2020), HaveBlue (19th January 2020), jagman (16th January 2020), T Smith (18th January 2020)

5. Link to Post #3
    Netherlands Avalon Member ExomatrixTV's Avatar
    Language
    English, Dutch, German, Limburgs
    Thanks
    Thanked 125,660 times in 20,817 posts

ProjectAvalon Thread: All about Trump's 'impeachment'
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Bill Ryan (18th January 2020), jagman (16th January 2020), jjjones (17th January 2020)

7. Link to Post #4
    Canada Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Hi Jagman.
    I've posted before concerning my curiosity as to how individuals such as yourself can have any positive thing to say about Trump. For me to make a case for my position would have NO impact on you as I see over and over during Trump rallies and just observing intently on pro Trump talking points. Kind of scares me how vastly our perceptions can differ not just between you and I, but a sizable US population.

8. Link to Post #5
    United States Avalon Member jagman's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,253 times in 1,895 posts

Some people will always think Trump is the Devil. Some people see him has a Savior. The same can be said about Obama. The Democrats are on the Titanic and the music is playing.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jagman For This Post:

Bill Ryan (18th January 2020), Earth Angel (17th January 2020), HaveBlue (19th January 2020), robinr1 (17th January 2020)

10. Link to Post #6
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,120 times in 2,678 posts

Quote Posted by Ernie Nemeth (here)
    Hi Jagman.

I'll just touch on a couple of points you make.

The impeachment thing is a ploy, imo, that is not even intended on succeeding. It is a win-win in the eyes of the crazy Dem leaders. If it succeeds, Trump is out of the 2020 race. If it does not, like Pelosi says, Trump is still impeached for life. It is the perfect form of slander because there is no way to claim remedy, since these are officers of the government and they will not be held personally accountable, at least in the likeliest of scenarios.

The other thing is money. We have been programmed to value money, a certain amount of it for a certain type of work performed. Those in charge do not hold this value - at all. To them money is merely a means to an end. If there is need for more of it, they just print more. This year alone, 16 days, they have quietly dumped, not even sure, maybe around $250,000,000,000 into the US economy - that's 250 billion! In 16 days! And they are talking about dumping in even more...

good work

To be constructive, maybe use a better back light, we can't see your face very well. Or is that intended?
    On January 8, the Fed drained $45.2 billion; on January 9, it added $36.5 billion; and today on January 10, it drained $8 billion. So, on net over those three days, the Fed drained $16.7 billion via its repo operations from the money market.

But there is no mention of these outflows of repos in the WSJ’s article. It only describes the inflows. The WSJ collectively and its reporters are smart. They know this – or at least the editors that pay attention know this. And so this is a willful misrepresentation of a very import factor in the market.

I suspect that this is an effort to manipulate readers and therefore the markets into thinking that the Fed is constantly and endlessly adding tens of billions of dollars in liquidity to the repo market every day, even as it may be draining liquidity from the repo market, and that these articles are designed to create shock-and-awe stockmarket hype.

But my patience with this type of article has been exhausted. I’m a subscriber of the WSJ, whose reporting I generally respect (and trust), and whose reporting I have cited many times. But this type of article is very unbecoming of the WSJ and throws serious doubt on the wisdom of my decision to subscribe.

https://wolfstreet.com/2020/01/10/th...g-about-repos/

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AutumnW For This Post:

Bill Ryan (18th January 2020), Ernie Nemeth (18th January 2020), jagman (17th January 2020), T Smith (18th January 2020)

12. Link to Post #7
    Netherlands Avalon Member ExomatrixTV's Avatar
    Language
    English, Dutch, German, Limburgs
    Thanks
    Thanked 125,660 times in 20,817 posts

Quote Posted by mijatoca (here)
    Hi Jagman.
    I've posted before concerning my curiosity as to how individuals such as yourself can have any positive thing to say about Trump. For me to make a case for my position would have NO impact on you as I see over and over during Trump rallies and just observing intently on pro Trump talking points. Kind of scares me how vastly our perceptions can differ not just between you and I, but a sizable US population.

No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Bill Ryan (18th January 2020), HaveBlue (19th January 2020), jagman (17th January 2020), robinr1 (17th January 2020)

14. Link to Post #8
    United States Avalon Member Jackson's Avatar
    Thanks

Interesting Jagman......

Does it bother you at all that he acts like a grade school bully, a liar, calls those he hates names, every time he opens his mouth he says something completely stupid, doesn't check his facts before he states them as truth, filed bankruptcy several times, refused to pay contractors after the work was done, threatens children and puts them in cages, wants to remove those on social security disabilities, allows big corporations to pollute streams and lakes and rivers, opens protected areas for mining exploitation, encourages his supporters to think he is sent by god and is the second coming, promised to drain the swamp but kicked out the alligators and brought in the crocodiles?....and on and on and on. If he worked for me I would have fired him just for being a bully. It never ceases to astound me. I also have to say that this is my opinion and doesn't imply you can't have your own opinion.

Sorry brother, but you lost me with the hat. And in case you were wondering...I am an independent and vote from the heart. Yes...... it scares me also.

be well.
    "Sure....life on earth is expensive....but it includes a free trip around the sun"

15. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Jackson For This Post:

AutumnW (18th January 2020), Bill Ryan (18th January 2020), Cipher (18th January 2020), jagman (18th January 2020), sherron44 (28th January 2020), T Smith (18th January 2020), Tinman (18th January 2020)

16. Link to Post #9
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,524 times in 32,788 posts

Hi Jagman.
    Yes, it's scary. And if there's any way to be objective about the phenomenon itself, it's really pretty interesting as an aspect of the entire human condition. (Of course, there are many other controversial issues as well!)

I just wanted to step in to say that I really appreciate the offering of different opinions here as long as we can keep it civil and respectful, with the only agenda to understand more about the world and each other. (You're doing exactly that here, so thank you. )

17. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

AutumnW (18th January 2020), ClearWater (18th January 2020), Ernie Nemeth (18th January 2020), ExomatrixTV (18th January 2020), Forest Denizen (18th January 2020), Jackson (18th January 2020), jagman (18th January 2020), sherron44 (28th January 2020), Strat (20th January 2020), T Smith (18th January 2020), Yoda (19th January 2020)

18. Link to Post #10
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,486 times in 1,711 posts

I don't like trump as a person at all but taking everything into consideration
    I still believe he is better than the alternative that a lot of people do not know about,
    and they should and hopefully will learn about before the election.

Make sure you do your homework before you vote..

It does not make sense to me that anyone would be totally democrat or totally republican no matter what no matter who was running.

Even recent history should tell us to beware of not doing that.
    The lesser of two evils may be our alternative.
    Last edited by East Sun; 18th January 2020 at 01:30.
    Question Everything, always speak truth... Make the best of today, for there may not be a tomorrow!!! But, that's OK because tomorrow never comes, so we have nothing to worry about!!!

19. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to East Sun For This Post:

Bill Ryan (18th January 2020), ClearWater (18th January 2020), Deux Corbeaux (19th January 2020), Jackson (18th January 2020), jagman (18th January 2020), Jayke (19th January 2020), pyrangello (18th January 2020), sherron44 (28th January 2020), T Smith (18th January 2020)

20. Link to Post #11
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,330 times in 2,365 posts

People who voted for Trump are losing faith now that he appears to be caving to the neocon agenda in the Middle East. However, here's evidence that he did have good intentions in the first 6 months of his presidency, when he was raising the same points with his advisors that he raised during his campaign.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-...ge-book-claims

"The account states Trump repeatedly interrupted the lesson after apparently being triggered by a word or phrase uttered by the military leaders. One example given is that he heard the word “base” during the lesson, which sparked him into launching a tirade about how “crazy” and “stupid” it was that the U.S. paid to build and maintain bases overseas.

His first grievance was reportedly against South Korea, when he suggested charging rent for a $10 billion missile-defense system the U.S. built there to protect South Korea and American troops. He then complained about NATO, saying it was in “arrears” to the U.S. for not spending enough money on defense—a complaint he’s repeatedly raised during his presidency.

Trump is then said to have complained about President Barack Obama’s Iranian nuclear deal, and the length of the war in Afghanistan. Each time, his generals reportedly tried to gently explain why his view of these complex geopolitical issues might not be entirely accurate. It was reportedly during a conversation about Afghanistan that Trump blew his top.

The president reportedly called Afghanistan a “loser war,” and told his military leaders: “You’re all losers... You don’t know how to win anymore... I want to win... We don’t win any wars anymore... We spend $7 trillion, everybody else got the oil and we’re not winning anymore.” It’s reported that Trump was so angry at this point that he wasn’t breathing properly."

21. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to TomKat For This Post:

Bill Ryan (18th January 2020), East Sun (19th January 2020), jagman (18th January 2020), Jayke (19th January 2020), Pam (18th January 2020), sherron44 (28th January 2020), T Smith (18th January 2020)

22. Link to Post #12
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,716 times in 2,088 posts

Vince foster stated in his suicide note that in washington dc ruining peoples careers was considered sport. I can only imagine all the underhanded backstabbing stuff that happens in dc on an hourly basis that we never here about.

Many including myself can't understand or justify why President Trump would make an outlandish comment sometimes, I remember when he said Philadelphia was a shxxhole , I first thought why would he say such a thing about an American city, then the following day it was stated that city recieved the year before in aid 16 billion , that's 16,000 million dollars in federal aid and where did it go?

President Trump gets no credit at all thru the media ,newspapers or Hollywood. HE was laughed at daily by groups of reporters and pollsters during the entire campaign when running for president, he was the head butt of every joke every night on all the late night shows on all stations every night .

They had to go back 11 years to a private conversation he had in a make up trailer with an entertainment reporter to dig up any dirt on him . Who keeps tapes like that from over 10 years ago?

And they the media started accusations before Trump was even President, attempting to exploit trumps x wife's, and now 3 years into his presidency the investigations and accusations havn,t stopped, the Mueller investigation that cost around 40 million turned up nothing, now it's impeachment first starting a quid pro quo, then the accusation was switched to bribery, now its for his own personal gain.I frankly can,t even keep track of what he,s being accused of now since its changed so much.and all of this being done with the President not wanting any compensation for this job of running this country,he donates all his salary to charity.

He doesnt drink alcohol or smoke but was made fun of for eating mcdonalds. Personally his family and private businesses have. Been attacked on a regular basis. He doesnt need the money, or the fame, or have his family under attack constantly. We have one of the most elegant first lady who not only beautiful but speaks several languages and is a successful business woman as well.

She is also under attack by the media on how much her outfits cost and on and on. President trumps vacations consist of weekends at his own residence in Florida. Not like the last administration taking 100 people to India to the tah mahal or yearly vacations to Hawaii or how about when the dog alone was flown on air force 2 by itself.

Does anybody remember that? Hell when President Trump was elected the re was a movement by a weathly woman who wanted to buy Twitter so this President would not have way of communicating with the American people. Considering all that is happening on a daily basis of destruction president trump keeps throwing the punches back .

Like him or not he loves this country, is a father, grandfather, and a businessman and not some sugar coated politician. HE is a breathe of fresh air with a tall order of bringing back law and order . I pray for him and his family nightly. And i thank him for stepping up into a snakepit that will bite you at every minute of the day.
    Last edited by Bill Ryan; 18th January 2020 at 12:17. Reason: added paragraph breaks for easier reading

23. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to pyrangello For This Post:

Bill Ryan (18th January 2020), bojancan (19th January 2020), Deux Corbeaux (19th January 2020), Ernie Nemeth (18th January 2020), HaveBlue (19th January 2020), jagman (18th January 2020), Jayke (19th January 2020), Pam (18th January 2020), Patient (18th January 2020), ronny (18th January 2020), Sadieblue (19th January 2020), T Smith (18th January 2020), Vangelo (19th January 2020)

24. Link to Post #13
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,393 times in 3,308 posts

Quote Personally his family and private businesses have. Been attacked on a regular basis. He doesnt need the money, or the fame, or have his family under attack constantly.
    The one thing I would disagree with is that he really does need the fame. The man has very strong narcissistic tendencies and he really does have an almost primal need for being the center of attention, in fact he thrives on it. The most detrimental thing that could happen to him would be to be ignored. He very much needs to be the center of attention. I am not saying that narcissist=bad, it's just the way he is.

There are certain benefits a narcissistic person can provide in a leadership capacity and there are definitely some very harmful outcomes that can occur when a leader sees himself as flawless and above contempt, also when he is in short supply of true empathy. Another potential issue is that his confidence is higher than his skill sets which can lead to problems. Self reflection will not be his strong point.

If those close to him were to really understand his nature, he would be fairly simple to manipulate, that isn't a good thing.

I agree that the guy has been unfairly ridiculed at every turn and it really is unfair to his family, but life really isn't very fair. I am very happy that he has really allowed the light to shine on the news bias and corruption of our political system. That is a side benefit to him being narcissistic.

I am not a Trump hater or a Trump lover, he has done some things I think are beneficial and other things that are rather tragic, in my opinion. His unconditional support of the government of Israel makes me wary.

At the end of the day, I suspect we are seeing the last days of this system anyway. How long this process will last, I have no idea but we are definitely on the decline. Now the question is: what comes next?

25. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Pam For This Post:

Bill Ryan (18th January 2020), bojancan (19th January 2020), Deux Corbeaux (19th January 2020), East Sun (19th January 2020), Jackson (19th January 2020), Sadieblue (19th January 2020), T Smith (18th January 2020)

26. Link to Post #14
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,413 times in 1,676 posts

Hi Jagman.
    Hello mijatoca,

Your curiosity (which in my experience is typically expressed as hatred and vitriol) is a positive step to understanding what is going on here. See this tread here. I've had the exact same curiosity. In my view we are a society that has been violently split into two vastly differing worldviews, the result of which has produced a sort-of societal psychosis among inhabitants. I have come to understand this as an engineered psyop. We can only speculate on the objectives or ends of the psyop, or what or why this is being done. The "divide and conquer" hypothesis almost seems too simplistic at this point.

To be blunt, and to directly answer your question, here are my pros for the Trump presidency (from the climes of the worldview in which I see things):

• He is the first POTUS in my lifetime who represents the people.
    From my vantage the manipulators of public opinion and their overlords (whom I adamantly oppose) are in a tantrum about the resulting loss of control and have gone into hyper-drive to launch a very nasty psyop on the minds and spirits of the people. The objective, evidently, is to restore order from chaos, i.e. their order, by dividing us to the brink of collapse. One might argue populism is dangerous and empowering a leader who represents "the mob" is scary (which is what I think you're driving at), and I would be open to that debate. But in my view, that should be the debate we are having and the scary thing, not Trump himself. Demonizing Trump is an emotional response, a Pavlovian response, and distracts us from the root issue.

• He is the first POTUS in my lifetime who has brought a level of honesty back to politics by executing, or attempting to execute, the promises on which he campaigned.
    He appears to have adopted policies and has executed reforms exactly as he campaigned, and for which the people voted. I’m not suggesting he has been perfect on this front or has thus far done everything he said he would, or is wearing a cape. The opposition attempts to force all Trump supporters into a camp of the delusional cult, at best (among other places most people are uncomfortable inhabiting). Half of us apparently subscribe to the propaganda that characterizes this camp, while the other half understands we are subject of a psyop forcing us into a false paradigm. All aside, the reasonable observer cannot deny this POTUS is actually enacting the platform on which he ran. This is an extraordinary feat regardless, and especially given the incoming from every direction the POTUS and his Administration are dealing with. And again, one might disagree vehemently with Trump’s politics and his policies, and I respect all those viewpoints and am more than open to them (and even agree with some of them). This is what these threads should be about, not about Trump. We are being distracted from the issues—important issues--and are being manipulated by emotions. From where I stand Donald Trump circa 2020 is no different from Emmanual Goldstein circa fictional 1984. If one wants to truly understand what is going on among the societal psychosis we are all currently experiencing, I would encourage all observers to read Orwell’s prophetic masterpiece written seventy years ago.

Your question to jagman implies there are no positives to Trump and you are baffled by the disconnect of our divided society. I would also emphasize that contrary to the psyop afoot, just because I highlight a supporting viewpoint doesn’t mean I agree with every Trump policy. One can support Trump without bearing an engineered perspective.

I could continue on with more positives, which as you point out would likely have no impact on your worldview (among some negatives, with which I’m sure you might agree), but I’ll instead pass the paton to you with the same question, from your vantage, what is so negative about Trump that renders no room for any positive perspective? I, too, am incurably beguiled by those who see the world so differently.
    Last edited by T Smith; 18th January 2020 at 21:57.

27. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to T Smith For This Post:

Bill Ryan (18th January 2020), bojancan (19th January 2020), Deux Corbeaux (19th January 2020), East Sun (19th January 2020), happyuk (18th January 2020), Jayke (19th January 2020), Mike (18th January 2020), Pam (18th January 2020), ronny (18th January 2020), Sadieblue (19th January 2020), Vangelo (19th January 2020)

28. Link to Post #15
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Jackson (here)
    Interesting Jagman......

Does it bother you at all that he acts like a grade school bully, a liar, calls those he hates names, every time he opens his mouth he says something completely stupid, doesn't check his facts before he states them as truth, filed bankruptcy several times, refused to pay contractors after the work was done...
    These things don't bother me at all. They are all political tactics. Donald Trump has unique tactics. They are in bad taste, yes. They are embarrassing and sophomoric, yes. But they seem to work. Kind of like Hillary Clinton (or any other politician) changing dialects and affectations depending on the crowd. Kind of like the charismatic-opposite-of-Trump blatantly lying and saying whatever needs to be said to win votes. It's all the same game. What you are implying is sort of like declaring you can't support a mud rustler or approve of them (as a person) because he/she has mud all over them and is throwing mud. What you are really saying is you don't like mud rustling.

Quote Posted by Jackson (here)

[Does it bother you that he] threatens children and puts them in cages, wants to remove those on social security disabilities, allows big corporations to pollute streams and lakes and rivers, opens protected areas for mining exploitation, encourages his supporters to think he is sent by god and is the second coming, promised to drain the swamp but kicked out the alligators and brought in the crocodiles?....
    Of course these things bother me. These accusations (some of which are skewed and spun by political opposition, but that's beside the point)--every one of them--characterize the rot of our political system at large. Just because the others before Trump wore a fake veneer to cajole and provide an opiate for the masses doesn't mean any one of them are not guilty of every last charge on your list. It just wasn't in the interest of the Ministry of Truth to inform you about it, that is, before the tenure of this particular POTUS. Let's hold ANY representative we elect to office accountable and put their feet to the fire on these issues. Let's raise awareness of the ISSUES, hash out what is real from what is fake or spun and not get hung up on our personal hatred of Goldstein. Finally, if you believe getting rid of Trump is the answer to any one of these grievances, I would say your focus is off the ball.
    Last edited by T Smith; 18th January 2020 at 19:28.

29. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to T Smith For This Post:

Deux Corbeaux (19th January 2020), East Sun (19th January 2020), HaveBlue (19th January 2020), Jackson (18th January 2020), Jayke (19th January 2020), Joe (18th January 2020), Pam (18th January 2020), Sadieblue (19th January 2020)

30. Link to Post #16
    United States Avalon Member Jackson's Avatar
    Thanks

Thanks for your thoughts T Smith..... More for your consideration:
    https://www.ecowatch.com/forever-che...1#rebelltitem1

I am sorry, but I feel deeply that this will not bode well for our country and our world. Sad indeed.

Be well.....
    "Sure....life on earth is expensive....but it includes a free trip around the sun"

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jackson For This Post:

Pam (19th January 2020), T Smith (19th January 2020)

32. Link to Post #17
    Canada Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Thanks for your prospective Mr Smith. You do seem to put some thought into you response.

Some things come naturally to me. I was brought up as Catholic and by the time I was 15 or 16 something didn't seem true about the dogma (to the dismay of my Mother) but that's ok. It was just a simple truth to myself. Same thing here but even easier to sort out. For example. Just because a politician promises a racial filter for the makeup of the ideal American in order for "greatness again" and then delivers doesn't make it virtuous. Promising to drain the swamp and then filling it with a nuclear waste dump doesn't do it for me either. It just seems so clear to me. BTW. I am not ignorant of the fascism inherent in both US political parties or politicians these days with the exception of Bernie Sanders or AOC. They give me at least a glimpse of hope. Obama was a deep disappointment in real change. Just a real cool dude in a Jesus persona and no substance.
    Last edited by mijatoca; 19th January 2020 at 02:43.

33. Link to Post #18
    New Zealand Avalon Member HaveBlue's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,465 times in 346 posts

I have something positive to say about 45. Executive order signed Dec 21 2017.

34. Link to Post #19
    Thanks

Interesting perspective at Zero Hedge regarding the brazen honesty of Trump Administration's policies and how those policies are at odds with the Deep State.

35. The Following User Says Thank You to T Smith For This Post:

BushPilot (21st January 2020)

+ Reply to Thread