+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gorgeous Moments

1. Link to Post #1
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,754 times in 978 posts

Default Gorgeous Moments

I've always known that there were moments in life which were completely life affirming in ways that avoid superficial interpretation. They are the moments that remind themselves to you perhaps in the most unexpected of ways when going about chores or in reflective or contemplative mood.

They strike at a gut level and can be completely absorbing or overwhelming but they say Yes to everything in an untold fashion.

These are not related to awakening at all but are just totally human for other reasons, they are poignant though and a collection of them might be inspirational at particular moments, my guess is their sheer innocence defies any real analysis.

They are the counter to the difficulties in life that we are commonly aware of and the magic they carry comes as a surprise that we may actually have forgotten them in the journey.

So here's to remembering.
    Last edited by Peter UK; 18th January 2020 at 16:28.

2. The Following 34 Users Say Thank You to Peter UK For This Post:

anandacate (18th January 2020), angelfire (19th January 2020), Anka (18th January 2020), aoibhghaire (18th January 2020), Baby Steps (18th January 2020), Bill Ryan (18th January 2020), Billy (21st January 2020), Bluegreen (19th January 2020), Denise/Dizi (19th January 2020), EFO (20th January 2020), Forest Denizen (19th January 2020), Frank V (18th January 2020), GMB1961 (18th January 2020), Gracy (19th January 2020), Hendog (27th January 2020), Hym (14th February 2020), Ioneo (18th January 2020), jjjones (20th January 2020), Marsha Piper (21st February 2020), Mercedes (18th January 2020), Mike (18th January 2020), O Donna (27th January 2020), onawah (19th January 2020), onevoice (19th January 2020), Ratszinger (20th January 2020), Reinhard (19th January 2020), Sadieblue (19th January 2020), Stephanie (18th January 2020), Sue (Ayt) (19th January 2020), Sunny-side-up (19th January 2020), Tintin (18th January 2020), Victoria (18th January 2020), Wind (20th January 2020), wondering (18th January 2020)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Moderator Sue (Ayt)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,530 times in 2,552 posts

Default Re: Gorgeous Moments

So true.
    I like to page through my years at night sometimes, while I drift off to sleep, and re-live those small high-point moments.
    The best of them occurred at totally unexpected times, certainly not planned events, but just small ecstatic summits in time.
    "We're all bozos on this bus"

4. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Sue (Ayt) For This Post:

anandacate (20th January 2020), Anka (19th January 2020), Bill Ryan (19th January 2020), Bluegreen (19th January 2020), Denise/Dizi (19th January 2020), EFO (20th January 2020), Forest Denizen (19th January 2020), Hendog (27th January 2020), Hym (14th February 2020), jjjones (20th January 2020), Marsha Piper (19th February 2020), O Donna (27th January 2020), Peter UK (19th January 2020), Stephanie (26th January 2020), Sunny-side-up (19th January 2020), Victoria (19th January 2020), wondering (19th January 2020)

5. Link to Post #3
    United States Avalon Member onevoice's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,956 times in 538 posts

Over 20 years ago, I attended my first of many 10 day meditation retreat led by the late world renown Master Shen Yen. During the retreats, we all ate together in silence; as a retreatant, we practice silently. So one morning during breakfast, I had no thoughts in my mind; I was mindfully picking up a spoonful of the oatmeal and put it in my mouth and started to chew it. As I was chewing the oatmeal, tears streamed from my eyes as I fully experienced the experience of chewing the food.

It was as if I was a baby chewing for the first time; I was beyond grateful for the food, for the sense of oneness I felt with everybody else in the retreat, and for the many conditions that had to come together for me to have that experience. I realized that the privilege of chewing my oatmeal was a culmination of thousands of people who took part in enabling me to be able to chew my oatmeal -- the farmers who planted the oats, who cared for the oats, who harvested the oats; the people who built the trucks that people used to ship the oats to processors; workers who processed the oats, who shipped the final edible oats to the stores, to the volunteers who brought the oats and other ingredients to the retreat center, etc. Years later, I heard a short lecture from a nun who started her short speech by saying "Have you had your breakfast today?" She explained that one has not had one's breakfast until one has reflected on all the people and the Mother Nature that participated in enabling one to have the experience of eating a breakfast.

The Buddha taught that everything we experience is due to the proper set of causes and conditions that came together to enable that experience.

6. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to onevoice For This Post:

anandacate (20th January 2020), Anka (19th January 2020), Bill Ryan (19th January 2020), Bluegreen (19th January 2020), Caliban (19th January 2020), Denise/Dizi (19th January 2020), EFO (20th January 2020), Hym (14th February 2020), Marsha Piper (19th February 2020), O Donna (27th January 2020), Peter UK (19th January 2020), raregem (27th January 2020), Stephanie (26th January 2020), Sue (Ayt) (19th January 2020), Sunny-side-up (19th January 2020), Victoria (19th January 2020), wondering (19th January 2020)

7. Link to Post #4
    Language
    Romanian
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,443 times in 1,007 posts

It's a great idea Peter Uk!
    I could call this place "a part of me" in a collective way. A journal open to the general public in which we can all find ourselves in the experience of others.
     A place where if you go in, you can find yourself or find answers to questions that bother you. After all, we humans are, however, so similar, especially when it comes to feelings, emotions or thoughts or through a purely similar existence in this world.
    We have always felt that sometimes we need a touch of love for the soul, even if it comes from people we do not know ... there are words that if said when needed are a real balm for the soul!

This is my wonderful moment today,that I'm happy to share with you:
    A letter from me to two dear friends (husband and wife couple 70.73 years), the husband has been cancer patient for over six years and I send him all my intention of healing, plus my my handwritten letters.
    What I have written above can be considered the "moment" itself.

So you do not need to read the letter (I also have the pleasure of writing too much, for the most part because writing means more to me than talking, it is my way of being), if you not wish, but I want to say and point out that what I wrote in the letter can refer to any human being no matter who they are.
    Blessings to all,
    Anka

The letter...

My dears,

Right from the beginning of this letter I want to thank you for thinking of me.
    Somehow, you two together have always played a vital role in developing and perpetuating my path in life.
    I am here, writing to you and I cannot choose a larger register and a proper manner deeper than sending you my thanks once again for your letter, because your letters and your good thoughts have always remained in my soul, and they were not just gifts but somehow some bookmarks that I will never forget.
    I am immersed in feelings and thoughts that I want to convey to you in this way, being fully involved in transmitting the best wishes to you.

Years ago, the method of correspondence was the letter.
    You were sending at most one per day and waiting to arrive at the destination within the next week.The answer came ten days later and everything went according to good rules.These days we have become some extensions digitized in the way in which it seems, time does not allow us to spend whole hours contemplating some thoughts although many people still do.Email or sms made communication easier and faster, but the rush often leads to superficiality.
    Instead, the nostalgia and charm of a letter provokes me to write in inner peace and quiet, a peace where I manage to gather now, and to leave within this wonderful moment a part of me in this letter.
    So allow me to stand in front of you and reveal myself as I am and how you know me, sincere and vulnerable, because that is all I can offer you, in exchange for your letter, among thousands of words of love, respect, and gratitude at such a high level, that how many times you will read this letter in time will bring you my gratitude together with a strong sense of love towards you two.

Your letters bring me joy but most of all I feel your gratitude towards me and this is a main ingredient of my happiness as a human being.
    A whole life I fought and gave everything just for the gratitude of the people next to me and not only. You brought me the smile on my lips and this feeling of gratitude in which I manage to look at life as a blessing, taking this day in my soul, as a gift.
    You always manage to record in my soul the fruit of the highest wisdom and the immense honor of being your friend and for this I continue to cultivate the flower of wisdom with the utmost care, love and gratitude forever, for you, for me, for us all.
    The fact that you are grateful for my friendship, gives me the fullness of life and once again the promise that we are on the same wonderful path of experiencing life only through the aspect of dedication and love.The distance between us is relative when we feel, thinking the same, the world seems small to me.

You know am not religious in any way but I have the faith of the bestowal and sacrilege of love towards any possible life form that has somehow become a law for me, to which I submit myself with eternal involvement and esteem, and if we will never meet again, I will definitely recognize you somewhere else on another route in another form and I will once again have a happy occasion to thank you just because you exist!
    The root of this joy will always remain in the memory of my soul!

My satisfaction of being is the very joy of my existence through which I become, this is my simple gratitude to you, the gratitude that you exist.
    My heart is enveloped by a deep peace and happiness and I thank you endlessly for good thoughts for your kindness in helping me to walk past the storm every time and to breathe the gentle path of the most favorable wind of transformation and evolution along with this pleasant approach.
    In our country, there is a saying: "Make heaven for what you have" now after all this time, I can say peacefully that I am a piece of heaven for me and for anyone here.

I bless this moment in time, keeping in mind these seconds when I put the letter in the envelope, putting the seal of my love for you as a symbol and eternal sign through the happiness I have and I offer you as a gift, for the key to our happiness, to all, is Gratitude.
    May all the paths of your life be blessed by the power of perfect wisdom and the awakening of intelligence only through love,

In our times,
    With love,
    Anca
    And all this to be just human.

8. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Anka For This Post:

anandacate (20th January 2020), Bill Ryan (19th January 2020), Billy (21st January 2020), Bluegreen (19th January 2020), EFO (20th January 2020), Hym (14th February 2020), jjjones (20th January 2020), Marsha Piper (21st February 2020), O Donna (27th January 2020), onevoice (19th January 2020), Peter UK (19th January 2020), raregem (27th January 2020), Stephanie (26th January 2020), Victoria (19th January 2020)

9. Link to Post #5
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,754 times in 978 posts

Quote Posted by Anka (here)

The letter...

My dears,

Right from the beginning of this letter I want to thank you for thinking of me.
    Somehow, you two together have always played a vital role in developing and perpetuating my path in life.
    I am here, writing to you and I cannot choose a larger register and a proper manner deeper than sending you my thanks once again for your letter, because your letters and your good thoughts have always remained in my soul, and they were not just gifts but somehow some bookmarks that I will never forget.
    I am immersed in feelings and thoughts that I want to convey to you in this way, being fully involved in transmitting the best wishes to you.

Years ago, the method of correspondence was the letter.
    You were sending at most one per day and waiting to arrive at the destination within the next week.The answer came ten days later and everything went according to good rules.These days we have become some extensions digitized in the way in which it seems, time does not allow us to spend whole hours contemplating some thoughts although many people still do.Email or sms made communication easier and faster, but the rush often leads to superficiality.
    Instead, the nostalgia and charm of a letter provokes me to write in inner peace and quiet, a peace where I manage to gather now, and to leave within this wonderful moment a part of me in this letter.
    So allow me to stand in front of you and reveal myself as I am and how you know me, sincere and vulnerable, because that is all I can offer you, in exchange for your letter, among thousands of words of love, respect, and gratitude at such a high level, that how many times you will read this letter in time will bring you my gratitude together with a strong sense of love towards you two.

Your letters bring me joy but most of all I feel your gratitude towards me and this is a main ingredient of my happiness as a human being.
    A whole life I fought and gave everything just for the gratitude of the people next to me and not only. You brought me the smile on my lips and this feeling of gratitude in which I manage to look at life as a blessing, taking this day in my soul, as a gift.
    You always manage to record in my soul the fruit of the highest wisdom and the immense honor of being your friend and for this I continue to cultivate the flower of wisdom with the utmost care, love and gratitude forever, for you, for me, for us all.
    The fact that you are grateful for my friendship, gives me the fullness of life and once again the promise that we are on the same wonderful path of experiencing life only through the aspect of dedication and love.The distance between us is relative when we feel, thinking the same, the world seems small to me.

You know am not religious in any way but I have the faith of the bestowal and sacrilege of love towards any possible life form that has somehow become a law for me, to which I submit myself with eternal involvement and esteem, and if we will never meet again, I will definitely recognize you somewhere else on another route in another form and I will once again have a happy occasion to thank you just because you exist!
    The root of this joy will always remain in the memory of my soul!

My satisfaction of being is the very joy of my existence through which I become, this is my simple gratitude to you, the gratitude that you exist.
    My heart is enveloped by a deep peace and happiness and I thank you endlessly for good thoughts for your kindness in helping me to walk past the storm every time and to breathe the gentle path of the most favorable wind of transformation and evolution along with this pleasant approach.
    In our country, there is a saying: "Make heaven for what you have" now after all this time, I can say peacefully that I am a piece of heaven for me and for anyone here.

I bless this moment in time, keeping in mind these seconds when I put the letter in the envelope, putting the seal of my love for you as a symbol and eternal sign through the happiness I have and I offer you as a gift, for the key to our happiness, to all, is Gratitude.
    May all the paths of your life be blessed by the power of perfect wisdom and the awakening of intelligence only through love,

In our times,
    With love,
    Anca
    Jane Austen would have had time to write similar letters of length which was beautifully expressed. It reads like prose.

Last edited by Peter UK; 26th January 2020 at 20:34.

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Peter UK For This Post:

Anka (31st January 2020), Bill Ryan (26th January 2020), Hym (14th February 2020), Marsha Piper (21st February 2020), O Donna (27th January 2020), raregem (27th January 2020), Stephanie (26th January 2020)

11. Link to Post #6
    United States Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Beautifully said.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to stella_alicia For This Post:

Anka (15th February 2020), Hym (14th February 2020), Peter UK (14th February 2020)

+ Reply to Thread