Thread: The Messiah Complex

1. Link to Post #21
    United States Avalon Member Chester's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,205 times in 5,691 posts

Default Re: The Messiah Complex

Your post, Exo, reminds me of a true story. In 1980 I was 22 years old and, due to clearly self destructive behavior, having been convinced by my mother "it was for my own good," I voluntarily entered a "facility." One day I found myself entering "the small lounge" which was occupied by four of my fellow patients. I was aware that three of the four "believed" they were the actual Jesus Christ. The fourth, ironically, believed he was Satan. He was the calmest of the three and, in fact, was otherwise and always quite normal in every way.

I couldn't help myself. The situation was just too tempting. And so I initiated the discussion that arose as to who was the real Jesus Christ. Along the way I threw gas on the emerging fire. Soon the discussion got out of hand and after voices raised to the point "staff" got involved, my role in the row was exposed and I ended up restricted to the unit for a week. Still, I had no regrets because secretly I knew who the real Jesus Christ was and it wasn't any of the three... it was me!

An absolutely true story.
    Last edited by Chester; 22nd January 2020 at 18:49.
    All the above is all and only my opinion - all subject to change and not meant to be true for anyone else regardless of how I phrase it.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Post:

Bill Ryan (22nd January 2020), ExomatrixTV (23rd January 2020), Mike (22nd January 2020), Pam (23rd January 2020), Violet3 (28th January 2020), XelNaga (23rd January 2020)

3. Link to Post #22
    Netherlands Avalon Member ExomatrixTV's Avatar
    Language
    English, Dutch, German, Limburgs
    Thanks
    Thanked 124,906 times in 20,684 posts

Wink Re: The Messiah Complex

... but then again ... it may be better than having an severe inferiority complex
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Bill Ryan (23rd January 2020), Chester (23rd January 2020), justntime2learn (24th January 2020), Pam (23rd January 2020), Valerie Villars (23rd January 2020), Violet3 (28th January 2020)

5. Link to Post #23
    Netherlands Avalon Member ExomatrixTV's Avatar
    Language
    English, Dutch, German, Limburgs
    Thanks
    Thanked 124,906 times in 20,684 posts

Lightbulb Re: The Messiah Complex

Quote Posted by Sammy (here)
    Your post, Exo, reminds me of a true story. In 1980 I was 22 years old and, due to clearly self destructive behavior, having been convinced by my mother "it was for my own good," I voluntarily entered a "facility." One day I found myself entering "the small lounge" which was occupied by four of my fellow patients. I was aware that three of the four "believed" they were the actual Jesus Christ. The fourth, ironically, believed he was Satan. He was the calmest of the three and, in fact, was otherwise and always quite normal in every way.

I couldn't help myself. The situation was just too tempting. And so I initiated the discussion that arose as to who was the real Jesus Christ. Along the way I threw gas on the emerging fire. Soon the discussion got out of hand and after voices raised to the point "staff" got involved, my role in the row was exposed and I ended up restricted to the unit for a week. Still, I had no regrets because secretly I knew who the real Jesus Christ was and it wasn't any of the three... it was me!

An absolutely true story.
    What if any Soul on earth CAN "channel" Jesus if needed (without realizing it). Even if it is just for a few seconds ... may have a huge impact. Because it never was about "taking credit" but what the effects are ... Powerful idea/concept if true.

Cheers, John

Watch Number 9: at 5 min 39 sec in this video:

What if God (I prefer: Prime Creator) is disguised as a homeless drifter to test you how you respond
    Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 23rd January 2020 at 05:02.
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

6. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Bill Ryan (23rd January 2020), Bluegreen (23rd January 2020), Chester (23rd January 2020), justntime2learn (24th January 2020), Mark (Star Mariner) (23rd January 2020), Pam (23rd January 2020), Sue (Ayt) (23rd January 2020), Valerie Villars (23rd January 2020), Violet3 (28th January 2020)

7. Link to Post #24
    United States Avalon Member Bluegreen's Avatar
    Language
    ¿
    Thanks
    Thanked 52,058 times in 10,080 posts

Quote Posted by ExomatrixTV (here)
    What if any Soul on earth CAN "channel" Jesus if needed (without realizing it). Even if it is just for a few seconds ...
    Jesus said:

"At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.”

- John 14:20

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Bluegreen For This Post:

Bill Ryan (23rd January 2020), Chester (25th January 2020), justntime2learn (24th January 2020), Mark (Star Mariner) (23rd January 2020), Pam (23rd January 2020), Sue (Ayt) (23rd January 2020), Valerie Villars (23rd January 2020), Violet3 (28th January 2020)

9. Link to Post #25
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,328 times in 2,365 posts

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    Quote Posted by Ernie Nemeth (here)
    It's called 'Messiah Complex'. It is prevalent in today's world.
    So true. When it hits someone, most everyone else can see it except the person affected. And there are quite a few in the so-called alt community who keep getting the virus, again and again. And one or two are chronically long-term sick with it.

The Messiah Complex may well be worth a thread in itself. The 'virus' has to prey on a dormant weakness, which I strongly suspect is a weak ego (not a strong one)... so it's constantly in need of being inflated by others' admiration. (And self-admiration in the mirror, too.)
    Astrologically, the Messiah Complex is associated with Pisces. I know a very intelligent ne'er do well who still thinks he'll save the world... Pisces Sun.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TomKat For This Post:

Bill Ryan (23rd January 2020), ExomatrixTV (23rd January 2020), justntime2learn (24th January 2020), Pam (23rd January 2020), Violet3 (28th January 2020)

11. Link to Post #26
    Australia Avalon Member Violet3's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,357 times in 235 posts

I hope this is not going off topic, but reading all this made me think of Krishnamurti, the Indian philosopher. He was educated in theosophy by leaders of the Theosophical movement of the day (early 20th century), and was especially cultivated by Annie Besant to become the new "World Teacher" to bring about world enlightenment.

However, he declined to assume that mantle and, as an adult, he left the movement.

What does it take to resist that kind of training and pressure to become a world saviour figure, when you are young and impressionable, and from what was then a struggling third world country? Maybe not just the achievement of a strong ego, but also perhaps true spiritual insight and even past life recall- i.e. 'been there done that' ?

Maybe the messiah mantle is one of the spiritual tests that those who have potential to become true teachers and helpers of humanity have to go through?

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Violet3 For This Post:

Bill Ryan (28th January 2020), ExomatrixTV (2nd February 2020), justntime2learn (28th January 2020), Pam (28th January 2020), Sue (Ayt) (29th January 2020)

13. Link to Post #27
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,592 times in 5,379 posts

Quote Posted by TomKat (here)
    Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    Quote Posted by Ernie Nemeth (here)
    It's called 'Messiah Complex'. It is prevalent in today's world.
    So true. When it hits someone, most everyone else can see it except the person affected. And there are quite a few in the so-called alt community who keep getting the virus, again and again. And one or two are chronically long-term sick with it.

The Messiah Complex may well be worth a thread in itself. The 'virus' has to prey on a dormant weakness, which I strongly suspect is a weak ego (not a strong one)... so it's constantly in need of being inflated by others' admiration. (And self-admiration in the mirror, too.)
    Astrologically, the Messiah Complex is associated with Pisces. I know a very intelligent ne'er do well who still thinks he'll save the world... Pisces Sun.
    Yes, I have and still do want to save the world. How did you know?

Intelligent ne'er do well, it hurts but I guess that's true too.

Can't be considered e'er do well, when you oppose the system every day of your life, now can you?

Seems I'd like your friend...

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

Bill Ryan (29th January 2020)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2