Page 71 of 154 FirstFirst 1 21 61 71 81 121 154 LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,420 of 3077

Thread: The Wuhan Coronavirus [Covid-19, the Honey Badger virus]

1. Link to Post #1401
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,340 times in 4,610 posts

Default Re: The Wuhan Coronavirus [Covid-19, the Honey Badger virus]

Quote Posted by happyuk (here)
    All this advice about keeping things clean, following basic rules of hygiene and so on and so on people should have been doing anyway, coronavirus or not. Including the guy giving my trolley a quick antiseptic wipe at my local CostCo.

In amidst all this fuss I noticed this advert on the television last night (or certainly one very similar) for KFC "Finger lickin' good". Look at these dirty bastards:

So much for the advice of people not touching their mouths. I have always hated this disgusting habit.
    It’s a difficult one for many people. You or I can only thank our mothers for bringing us up with dignity and teaching us the good habits from the beginning. My mum could be very strict and meticulous about order and hygiene but I did not have problems with it in the “bigger world”.

Some people struggle with good habits much later in their life because they missed the beginning, can’t be blamed for it either.
    Look they’re all entirely happy about the way they carry themselves. There’s love in their eyes.

There is whole “bonobo” culture intertwined with the human one and people who cuddle their children constantly, touch them all the time, stick their dirty fingers to them literarily because it’s vitally in norm with their inner bonobo.
    I have seen moms licking their children’s sweets or pacifiers then putting them back to their mouth. Awful. Don’t do that.

Treat your children with white gloves please 🙏because they are the most vulnerable nowadays. No they are not “little princes and princesses”, little emperors fill the world nowadays but can not survive in this world with “other people”.

Being a parent keep self clean of all that you want to protect kids from, bad habits especially since children will always follow you at some point in life.

I know it’s a hard job but can be lots of fun too

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Agape For This Post:

Bill Ryan (6th March 2020), Frank V (6th March 2020), happyuk (6th March 2020), justntime2learn (6th March 2020), Olam (7th March 2020), Pam (6th March 2020), Sadieblue (6th March 2020), Stephanie (6th March 2020), thepainterdoug (6th March 2020), Tintin (6th March 2020)

3. Link to Post #1402
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,752 times in 1,345 posts

Quote Posted by TrumanCash (here)
    I have been assisting in the ordering of a machine from a Chinese factory in Luohe, a city about two hundred miles north of Wuhan. The factory sales rep was emailed five days ago when they were supposed to return to work after the Chinese New Year. This factory rep has always answered emails within two days in the past and has been very helpful.

So far there has been no communication from this sales rep or other factory person. We have no idea now whether we will be able to get the machine which was paid for and was supposed to be ready to ship by now. I am sure that there are a lot of other people and companies having the same problem.

So I think whatever is happening in China (coupled with articles on ZeroHedge and other sources), it appears to be quite serious.

I will update this post as the situation develops.
    UPDATE: We finally got an email from the sales rep we have been dealing with at the Chinese machinery factory:
    "Sorry to reply you late.

Because the China special time, we extend our holiday, plant to back office on 10th this month. When we start work, we will arrange the goods as soon as possible.

Sorry the special time cause inconvenience for you.
    "
    I wonder if they are required by the government to use the euphemism "special time" to refer to whatever is going on in China.
    UPDATE: We received another email from the sales rep from the Chinese factory:
    "Thank you, we believe that the special time will be over soon.

Our factory will start to work on 18th this month, then we will arrange the machine and parts as soon as quickly."
    We were told right before the Chinese New Year holiday in mid-January that the factory would get started with our order on February 1st. This email today reveals that the euphemism "special time" was not in reference to the Chinese New Year but to the current viral outbreak in China.
    Update: We have been informed by the sales rep for the factory that is custom building our machine that they have finished it except for an electrical plug that we can get in the US at Home Depot (for example). The factory is not in the Hubei province; it is about 200 miles north of Wuhan.

We were told five days ago that they don't have that particular plug and that the factory that makes those plugs has not gone back to work yet.

The next question is will it be shipped soon and do we need to disinfect the machine when we receive it? It has to go through US Customs when entering the US, so I'm wondering if Customs will be disinfecting everything coming into the US.
    UPDATE: We received an email three days ago that the factory that made the 220 volt plug for the machine we ordered was still not back to work. So they could not wire the specific plug that we had already ordered and paid for. We told them to send the machine anyway without the plug since they are widely available in the US.

We received an answer this morning from the factory's sales rep that stated that our machine was ready to ship. She sent a picture of the wooden crate containing our machine (an herb grinder) that is ready to ship along with a couple docs we'll need for customs.

We are very happy with the service we received from the Luohe Orange Mechanical Equipment Co. which is in the Henan province in the city of Luohe. However, if it were not for Alibaba being very difficult to deal with we would have already received the machine since we attempted numerous times to order it back in early December. So we had to eventually bypass Alibaba and pay directly to the factory via PayPal, which we should have done at the onset.

I will continue to update this post as we follow the shipment to the US and then through customs.

4. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to TrumanCash For This Post:

Agape (6th March 2020), Bill Ryan (6th March 2020), Dick (6th March 2020), Dorjezigzag (6th March 2020), justntime2learn (6th March 2020), Kate (7th March 2020), onevoice (6th March 2020), Pam (6th March 2020), Sadieblue (6th March 2020), Sarah Rainsong (6th March 2020), Stephanie (6th March 2020), Sunny (7th March 2020), T Smith (7th March 2020), Tintin (6th March 2020)

5. Link to Post #1403
    Thanks
    Thanked 56,156 times in 8,310 posts

Does America still have the capacity to make things like this, or would they have to be shipped in from China ?

Oh wait, they got them made a stacked early . . . . .
    ..................................................my first language is TYPO..............................................

6. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to norman For This Post:

Bill Ryan (6th March 2020), Dick (6th March 2020), justntime2learn (6th March 2020), Maia Gabrial (6th March 2020), muxfolder (10th March 2020), Pam (6th March 2020), Reinhard (7th March 2020), Sadieblue (6th March 2020), Stephanie (6th March 2020), Sue (Ayt) (7th March 2020), T Smith (7th March 2020), Tintin (7th March 2020), wondering (7th March 2020)

7. Link to Post #1404
    Language
    Dutch
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,585 times in 208 posts

Things are getting better in China, my brother, his chinese wife and 2 kids are going back to Guang Zhou next Tuesday, she has business to do there, and it’s starting to go back to normal slowly. Shipment to foreign countries is also starting slowly. Their home is not in a lock down area, but there is a small part of Guang Zhou that is in lockdown.
    Her family and friend’s are ok, only one friend and her kid had the covid-19, but are recovered and had no problems afterwards.
    Today here in the Netherlands, there are 128 confirmed case till now, looks like it’s going up every day, so i think the RIVM (dutch centre for disease control) isn’t doing their job right.
    They consistently say that if a person is not ill, they cant infect an other person!! So as what i said in a earlier post, they didn’t look at the facts, and incubation time in other countries and that i think is very strange.

8. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Dick For This Post:

Bill Ryan (6th March 2020), Caliban (6th March 2020), Inaiá (7th March 2020), justntime2learn (6th March 2020), mountain_jim (6th March 2020), muxfolder (10th March 2020), onevoice (6th March 2020), Pam (6th March 2020), Reinhard (7th March 2020), Sadieblue (6th March 2020), Stephanie (6th March 2020), Sunny (7th March 2020), T Smith (7th March 2020), thepainterdoug (6th March 2020), Tintin (7th March 2020), wondering (6th March 2020)

9. Link to Post #1405
    Wales Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,232 times in 941 posts

Quote Posted by Ron Mauer Sr (here)
    Does this disease help the parasitic control freaks herd us into their one world government?
    Manipulate financial market. Yes
    Cashless society (don't touch contaminated money). Yes
    Forced vaccinations (laced with something to make people sick, weak and compliant). Yes
    Create fear (Feed the dark side). Yes
    Create a virus. Create an expensive vaccine. Go the bank. Follow the money. Yes

Addition: Depopulation. A goal of the 'deep state' for years. Yes
    Good point about vaccinations.

Many that buy into the fear-based paradigm worry that diseases will come back if we stop vaccinating. The fact remains that disease incidence is a complex issue and has much to do with variables such as general health and a robust immune system due to proper nutrition; public health measures such as sewage management and drinking water systems. Moreover, as we are now observing, disease outbreaks regularly occur in fully vaccinated populations so vaccination may not be as effective a preventative as generally believed.

One particularly important policy issue emerging in the United States is the protection of exemptions to vaccines for philosophical, religious and medical reasons. It is important that all fifty states give persons the right to all three of these exemptions. And that scientists should be free to pursue research into and hold opinions on vaccine safety without fear of ridicule or jeopardising their income or career prospects;

10. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to happyuk For This Post:

Bill Ryan (6th March 2020), Inaiá (7th March 2020), James Newell (6th March 2020), Pam (6th March 2020), Reinhard (7th March 2020), Sadieblue (6th March 2020), Stephanie (6th March 2020), T Smith (7th March 2020), Tintin (7th March 2020), wondering (6th March 2020)

11. Link to Post #1406
    United States Avalon Member James Newell's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,912 times in 340 posts

Just to put things in perspective a bit. There were 801 cases reported for all diseases on planet Earth last week. With a planet of over 6 billion that isn't much. So if the stat is wrong let's add an additional magnitude to the number 8010 isn't much either. Let's add another magnitude to it, 80100 isn't much either.

Could this Wuhan virus be the greatest con job the world has ever seen? Especially in good ole commie China. Hell of a way to get everything the NWO ever wanted and the people are doing it willingly. I do feel for the Chinese people, they are being herded and slaughtered by their own gov't.

This is a great website for Lots of data. climateviewer.com
    This is the link for the disease stat http://climateviewer.org/3d/?layersO...day&baseLayer=

12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to James Newell For This Post:

Basho (11th March 2020), Bill Ryan (6th March 2020), happyuk (13th March 2020), Reinhard (7th March 2020), Sadieblue (6th March 2020), T Smith (6th March 2020), Tintin (7th March 2020), wondering (6th March 2020)

13. Link to Post #1407
    Thanks
    Thanked 459,245 times in 32,909 posts

Quote Posted by Dick (here)
    Things are getting better in China
    I have to say, if I may, I'd take a lot of convincing anything's getting better in China. Many things don't add up at all, whatever the state-sponsored PR or occasional reports from the ground from well-meaning individuals.

In parts of Europe, and almost everywhere in the US, the authorities are like The Gang that Can't Shoot Straight. If good people weren't being harmed, it'd be a kind of dreadful comedy.

I'm not a Trump critic (generally), but his stance on all this so far is pretty embarrassing and certainly politically damaging. He's coming over like an uninformed klutz. Alex Jones and Mike Adams maintain he's being set up, but if he's not done his homework on all this, and fails to see how important it all is for his presidency, then that all rests on him.

This tweet (Elise Hu's reply below) is worth posting. I believe it's being fwded widely on Twitter, as it should be.

https://twitter.com/elisewho/status/...919296/photo/1

14. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Dick (6th March 2020), Frank V (6th March 2020), IChingUChing (6th March 2020), justntime2learn (6th March 2020), onevoice (6th March 2020), Pam (6th March 2020), Reinhard (7th March 2020), Sadieblue (6th March 2020), silvanelf (6th March 2020), Sophocles (7th March 2020), Sunny (7th March 2020), Tintin (7th March 2020), Yoda (6th March 2020)

15. Link to Post #1408
    Netherlands Avalon Member ExomatrixTV's Avatar
    Language
    English, Dutch, German, Limburgs
    Thanks
    Thanked 127,129 times in 21,069 posts

Corona is NOT scary. What governments want to do is scary. Part 1 Vaccine safety with Clive de Carle:

They are testing 5g and people with low immune systems are the target. The vaccinated, like the population of Wuhan are already weakened. 5g turned up high deprives cells of oxygen and death occurs.
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

16. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Basho (11th March 2020), Bill Ryan (6th March 2020), IChingUChing (6th March 2020), Pam (6th March 2020), Reinhard (7th March 2020), Sadieblue (7th March 2020), T Smith (6th March 2020), Tintin (7th March 2020)

17. Link to Post #1409
    Madagascar Avalon Member silvanelf's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,587 times in 299 posts

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    Quote Posted by Tangri (here)
    Chinese version of virus genotyping artifacts are different than Iranian version. Governments (Iranian and other western countries) still using "coronavirus outbreak" to make connection.
    And maybe the Italian version, too. Both are spreading much too easily, and the CFR (case fatality rate) looks like it might be higher.
    Unfortunately, Tangri's post is gone.

Here is an interesting detail: there is a specific 'Italian strain' of COVID-19.

Quote Coronavirus: Italian strain isolated at Sacco hospital
    27 February 2020

Researchers working non stop since Sunday

(ANSA) - Milan, February 27 - Researchers at Milan's Sacco Hospital have isolated the Italian strain of the coronavirus, they told ANSA Thursday.

Professor Massimo Galli, head of the biomedical science institute, said the strain had been isolated by a team led by Professor Claudia Balotta.

The team includes researchers Alessia Loi, Annalisa Bergna and Arianna Gabrieli, all three on short term contracts, together with their Polish colleague Maciej Tarkowski and Professor Gianguglielmo Zehender.

Galli said they had worked non stop since Sunday.
    http://www.ansa.it/english/news/2020...0c1ebd6f4.html

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to silvanelf For This Post:

Bill Ryan (6th March 2020), onevoice (6th March 2020), Pam (6th March 2020), Reinhard (7th March 2020), Sadieblue (7th March 2020), Sunny (7th March 2020), Tintin (7th March 2020)

19. Link to Post #1410
    United States Avalon Member Dennis Leahy's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,585 times in 5,817 posts

Quote Posted by silvanelf (here)
    Quote Posted by Tangri (here)
    Chinese version of virus genotyping artifacts are different than Iranian version. Governments (Iranian and other western countries) still using "coronavirus outbreak" to make connection.
    And maybe the Italian version, too. Both are spreading much too easily, and the CFR (case fatality rate) looks like it might be higher.
    Unfortunately, Tangri's post is gone.

Here is an interesting detail: there is a specific 'Italian strain' of COVID-19.

Quote Coronavirus: Italian strain isolated at Sacco hospital
    27 February 2020

Researchers working non stop since Sunday

(ANSA) - Milan, February 27 - Researchers at Milan's Sacco Hospital have isolated the Italian strain of the coronavirus, they told ANSA Thursday.

Professor Massimo Galli, head of the biomedical science institute, said the strain had been isolated by a team led by Professor Claudia Balotta.

The team includes researchers Alessia Loi, Annalisa Bergna and Arianna Gabrieli, all three on short term contracts, together with their Polish colleague Maciej Tarkowski and Professor Gianguglielmo Zehender.

Galli said they had worked non stop since Sunday.
    http://www.ansa.it/english/news/2020...0c1ebd6f4.html
    [conjecture] If the rate of viral mutation is high, and if the testing drills down to genetic sequences (not just symptomatic similarities), I wonder if this is really not an "Italian variant", but rather a "variant in one Italian person." Did they sample numerous infected individuals, and sequence the virus separately for each person and compare them, or did they just sequence one person's virus? The most frequently cited excuse for "the flu shot" not working is viral mutation.[/conjecture]

20. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Dennis Leahy For This Post:

Bill Ryan (6th March 2020), David Trd1 (7th March 2020), Frank V (7th March 2020), Franny (6th March 2020), Pam (6th March 2020), Reinhard (7th March 2020), Sadieblue (7th March 2020), Sophocles (7th March 2020), Sunny (7th March 2020), T Smith (6th March 2020), thepainterdoug (6th March 2020), Tintin (7th March 2020), wondering (6th March 2020)

21. Link to Post #1411
    Language
    Romanian
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,572 times in 1,716 posts

I'm Not Afraid of the Corona Virus because I Have a Plan
    (12:03 min.)

Got the idea?
    "Your planet is forbidden for an open visit - extremely aggressive social environment,despite almost perfect climatic conditions.Almost 4 billion violent deaths for the last 5000 years and about 15000 major military conflicts in the same period."

22. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to EFO For This Post:

Bill Ryan (6th March 2020), Franny (6th March 2020), Hym (6th March 2020), Icare (9th March 2020), IChingUChing (6th March 2020), Reinhard (7th March 2020), Sadieblue (7th March 2020), Tintin (7th March 2020), TrumanCash (6th March 2020), wondering (6th March 2020)

23. Link to Post #1412
    Language
    Dutch
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,585 times in 208 posts

Quote Posted by Dick (here)
    Things are getting better in China
    I have to say, if I may, I'd take a lot of convincing anything's getting better in China. Many things don't add up at all, whatever the state-sponsored PR or occasional reports from the ground from well-meaning individuals.

In parts of Europe, and almost everywhere in the US, the authorities are like The Gang that Can't Shoot Straight. If good people weren't being harmed, it'd be a kind of dreadful comedy.
    I agree with you Bill, but what I meant to say: the people are picking up their daily life’s en are making the best of it as far as they can. And they have too, if they don’t, they loose everything, no money: no home no food.

24. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Dick For This Post:

Bill Ryan (6th March 2020), Franny (6th March 2020), Hym (6th March 2020), Pam (6th March 2020), Reinhard (7th March 2020), Sadieblue (7th March 2020), Sue (Ayt) (7th March 2020), Sunny (7th March 2020), Tintin (7th March 2020), wondering (6th March 2020)

25. Link to Post #1413
    Language
    Thanks

Important Information on Coronavirus 5G Kung Flu

Source: https://www.bitchute.com/video/mWcUoESRO0c5

What you need to know about Coronavirus, "Pandemics", 5G, 60 ghz millimetre waves and vaccines
    Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 6th March 2020 at 20:50.
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

anandacate (6th March 2020), Bill Ryan (6th March 2020), Hym (6th March 2020), Sadieblue (7th March 2020), Tintin (7th March 2020), wondering (6th March 2020)

27. Link to Post #1414
    Thanks
    Thanked 459,245 times in 32,909 posts

Quote Posted by ExomatrixTV (here)

What you need to know about Coronavirus, "Pandemics", 5G, 60 ghz millimetre waves and vaccines
    John, did you watch this? Do you believe this, below?

I don't "need to know" this (which is stated at 0:45), because it's not true.

SO not true, it's actually quite hard to find words to describe how nonsensical and unintelligent this is. It's as bad as the Flat Earth. At least that's a harmless stupidity!

Even the ancients, thousands of years ago, absolutely knew leprosy (a bacterial infection) was contagious. The Indians wrote about it as early as 600 BC. That's why without any cure available at that time, all lepers were quarantined in leper colonies.

And maybe it's worth reading up about the history of the Black Death. There was no 5G in those days! Nor any chemical pollution. (Sanitary pollution, for sure.)

If you're going to post videos, please watch them first. If you DID watch this first, and believe this statement, then please say something about it here to explain it in your own words. Thanks!

28. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Agape (7th March 2020), ExomatrixTV (6th March 2020), Frank V (7th March 2020), Gracy (6th March 2020), Hym (6th March 2020), Pam (6th March 2020), Reinhard (7th March 2020), Sadieblue (7th March 2020), silvanelf (7th March 2020), Sophocles (7th March 2020), T Smith (6th March 2020), Tintin (7th March 2020), wondering (6th March 2020)

29. Link to Post #1415
    Language
    Thanks

Quote Posted by ExomatrixTV (here)

John, did you watch this? Do you believe this, below?

I don't "need to know" this (which is stated at 0:45), because it's not true.

SO not true, it's actually quite hard to find words to describe how nonsensical and unintelligent this is. It's as bad as the Flat Earth. At least that's a harmless stupidity!

Even the ancients, thousands of years ago, absolutely knew leprosy (a bacterial infection) was contagious. The Indians wrote about it as early as 600 BC. That's why without any cure available at that time, all lepers were quarantined in leper colonies.

And maybe it's worth reading up about the history of the Black Death. There was no 5G in those days! Nor any chemical pollution. (Sanitary pollution, for sure.)

If you're going to post videos, please watch them first. If you DID watch this first, and believe this statement, then please say something about it here to explain it in your own words. Thanks!

Agree with you Bill ... just trying to peace all angles to big story that WILL affect all of us even if we do not get sick. (NWO Agenda Unfolding by the day).

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Bill Ryan (6th March 2020), Reinhard (7th March 2020), Sadieblue (7th March 2020), Tintin (7th March 2020)

31. Link to Post #1416
    UK Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,213 times in 164 posts

Quote Posted by EFO (here)
    I'm Not Afraid of the Corona Virus because I Have a Plan
    (12:03 min.)

Got the idea?

Great advice about being proactive and keeping the immune system strong!

32. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to IChingUChing For This Post:

Bill Ryan (6th March 2020), EFO (7th March 2020), Reinhard (7th March 2020), Sadieblue (7th March 2020), Tintin (7th March 2020)

33. Link to Post #1417
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,692 times in 640 posts

An incredibly informative interview with the CEO for epidemic preparedness innovations. Channel 4 news is very good at getting to the raw facts.

"Idon´t think it is a crazy analogy to compare this to WW2" Strong words indeed.

Unless governments enagage the public and we fight the epidemic together it could became a massive problem is certain areas of the world.
    Last edited by sunwings; 6th March 2020 at 22:14.

34. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to sunwings For This Post:

Bill Ryan (6th March 2020), Dorjezigzag (6th March 2020), Sadieblue (7th March 2020), silvanelf (7th March 2020), Sophocles (7th March 2020), thepainterdoug (6th March 2020), Tintin (7th March 2020), TomKat (7th March 2020)

35. Link to Post #1418
    United States Avalon Member thepainterdoug's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,237 times in 3,167 posts

thanks SunWing . look at all these posts, its, harmless, its deadly , back and forth. I will err on the side of caution, especially that the preventions are relatively inexpensive and easy to apply. high doses of Vitamin C, colloidal silver, oil of oregano, a good anti viral and so on. its all good for you anyhow .

36. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to thepainterdoug For This Post:

Bill Ryan (6th March 2020), Dorjezigzag (6th March 2020), Inaiá (7th March 2020), Sadieblue (7th March 2020), silvanelf (7th March 2020), T Smith (7th March 2020), Tintin (7th March 2020)

37. Link to Post #1419
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,752 times in 1,345 posts

Dr. Steven Gundry weighs in on the virus. Dr Gundry is well-known as a heart surgeon and dietary researcher/teacher (keto, lectins, gut microbiome, longevity, etc).

In this video he covers how to protect oneself with diet and comments on masks, eye protection, hand washing, etc.

"This is not a virus that we need to panic about."

38. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TrumanCash For This Post:

Bill Ryan (6th March 2020), EFO (7th March 2020), IChingUChing (7th March 2020), Sadieblue (7th March 2020), Tintin (7th March 2020)

39. Link to Post #1420
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,529 times in 20,693 posts

First coronavirus vaccine trial in the US is recruiting volunteers
    By Nicoletta Lanese
    3/5/20
    https://www.livescience.com/us-coron...ecruiting.html

(Saw this link posted on Facebook group Restore Liability for the Vaccine Makers with the accompanying comment:
    Quote "Yeah buddy, who is ready to line up for this one?☣😝
    You ready to be a guinea pig🐹for the greater good of all the people...🌎?
    It's never been Gold Standard double blind placebo tested but I'm sure it will be fine just like all the other vaccines that are not Gold Standard tested... oh that's all of them...🤦‍♀️
    Huh.🤷‍♀️
    I'm sure they will compensate you for your time and destruction of your body.
    From the article at Live Science.com:
    "Forty-five people will be enrolled in the preliminary safety trial of the new vaccine.
    Researchers in Seattle have begun recruiting healthy volunteers to participate in a clinical trial for an experimental COVID-19 vaccine, according to news reports.

The vaccine, developed by the biotechnology company Moderna Therapeutics, was initially sent to the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) in Maryland on Feb. 24, according to The Wall Street Journal. The agency anticipates launching a clinical trial by the end of April and will sponsor the Kaiser Permanente Washington Health Research Institute to conduct the testing, NIAID Director Anthony Fauci told The Wall Street Journal.

Forty-five healthy volunteers between the ages of 18 and 55 will be enrolled in the initial trial, which aims to determine whether the vaccine triggers an immune response, and whether the given dose causes adverse side effects, according to a description on ClinicalTrials.gov.

The vaccine does not contain the virus that triggers COVID-19, called SARS-CoV-2, and cannot cause infection, according to a report by Kaiser Permanente. Unlike vaccines developed for other viruses, such as measles, this new vaccine does not utilize a weak or dead virus as its base. Instead, the vaccine contains a short segment of genetic material called messenger RNA, or mRNA, generated in a laboratory. In a typical cell, mRNA encodes instructions for building different proteins.

The artificial mRNA prompts cells to build a protein found on the surface of the virus, according to the Kaiser Permanente report. A person's immune system should react to this new protein by building up an arsenal of antibodies that target and latch onto this protein, tagging the virus for elimination. Then, the mRNA should break down and be eliminated by the body, leaving the vaccinated person better prepared to fight off SARS-CoV-2, should they ever encounter it.

Designing the vaccine to work in this way allowed Moderna to fast-track the development process, as the company did not need to isolate and modify live samples of SARS-CoV-2 as it would for a more conventional vaccine, according to Kaiser Permanente.

Volunteers will receive two injections of the vaccine in the upper arm, with a 28-day gap between doses. The 45 participants will be split into three groups, with each group receiving a different dose of the vaccine. Volunteers will be asked to attend 11 in-person study visits over the course of the 14-month study and will receive $100 for each appointment they attend, totaling up to $1,100 by the end.

Following this initial safety trial, the vaccine's effectiveness must be tested in several subsequent trials in larger groups of people before being distributed widely. Meanwhile, researchers around the world will continue to work on viable treatments to help people who contract the virus. For now, patients with COVID-19 will receive supportive care to address symptoms of the disease, Live Science previously reported.

Although this advance in vaccine development is encouraging, earlier this week, U.S. health officials noted that they can't guarantee that a COVID-19 vaccine will be affordable.

"We would want to ensure that we work to make it affordable, but we can't control that price because we need the private sector to invest," Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar told the House Energy and Commerce Committee Wednesday (March 4), according to Market Watch. "The priority is to get vaccines and therapeutics, and price controls won't get us there."

However, Moderna Therapeutics CEO Stéphane Bancel has stated that the company's vaccine should be affordable.

"We are highly aware this is a public-health issue, and so we will be very thoughtful about setting a price if this product gets to approval," Bancel told Business Insider. "There is no world, I think, where we would contemplate to price this higher than other respiratory virus vaccines." "
    Each breath a gift...

40. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Agape (7th March 2020), Bill Ryan (6th March 2020), justntime2learn (7th March 2020), Pam (7th March 2020), Reinhard (7th March 2020), Sadieblue (7th March 2020), Sarah Rainsong (7th March 2020), Stephanie (7th March 2020), Sunny (7th March 2020), T Smith (7th March 2020), Tintin (7th March 2020), TrumanCash (7th March 2020), wondering (7th March 2020)

Closed Thread
Page 71 of 154 FirstFirst 1 21 61 71 81 121 154 LastLast