Thread: The Wuhan Coronavirus [Covid-19, the Honey Badger virus]

1. Link to Post #1501
    Indonesia Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,616 times in 274 posts

Default Re: The Wuhan Coronavirus [Covid-19, the Honey Badger virus]

Get your sunshine folks!

2. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to spade For This Post:

Antagenet (10th March 2020), Bill Ryan (9th March 2020), DaveToo (10th March 2020), Denise/Dizi (9th March 2020), Dennis Leahy (10th March 2020), Frank V (9th March 2020), justntime2learn (10th March 2020), Karen (Geophyz) (9th March 2020), Le Chat (10th March 2020), onawah (9th March 2020), Pam (9th March 2020), Reinhard (10th March 2020), Sadieblue (9th March 2020), Sarah Rainsong (9th March 2020), Sophocles (10th March 2020), Tintin (9th March 2020), wondering (9th March 2020)

3. Link to Post #1502
    United States Moderator Sue (Ayt)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,807 times in 2,587 posts

The newest article by Stephen Harrod Buhner (bottom right, on coronavirus) is useful both in understanding the viral process, and herbal protocols. Might be wise to download it.
    Stephen Harrod Buhner Articles
    "We're all bozos on this bus"

4. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Sue (Ayt) For This Post:

Antagenet (10th March 2020), Bill Ryan (9th March 2020), bluestflame (10th March 2020), carnavas (10th March 2020), Denise/Dizi (9th March 2020), Dennis Leahy (10th March 2020), Frank V (9th March 2020), justntime2learn (10th March 2020), onawah (9th March 2020), Sadieblue (10th March 2020), Sarah Rainsong (10th March 2020), Sophocles (10th March 2020), Tintin (9th March 2020)

5. Link to Post #1503
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,542 times in 20,693 posts

I shared it here: https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...=1#post1339770 and embedded the video from youtube. (Dr. Mercola has a youtube channel too.)
    Quote Posted by Jill (here)
    Dr. Francis A. Boyle (a bio terrorism expert) discusses the origins of coronavirus. I hope this hasn't already been shared - I checked and didn't find it. This isn't a youtube video so hope that's not an issue when sharing this.

https://articles.mercola.com/sites/a...tahQT5pMckHUQU
    Each breath a gift...

6. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Bill Ryan (9th March 2020), bluestflame (10th March 2020), Denise/Dizi (9th March 2020), Dennis Leahy (10th March 2020), Frank V (9th March 2020), justntime2learn (10th March 2020), Pam (10th March 2020), Reinhard (10th March 2020), Sadieblue (10th March 2020), T Smith (10th March 2020), Tintin (9th March 2020)

7. Link to Post #1504
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,542 times in 20,693 posts

Vimeo censors my interview, in which Catherine Austin Fitts and I discuss coronavirus and vaccines
    by Jon Rappoport
    March 9, 2020
    Vimeo also removed another Fitts interview with a distinguished attorney, on the subject of mandated vaccines
    They’re meddling with you, and deciding for you
    https://blog.nomorefakenews.com/2020...-and-vaccines/

"To boil it down: a video was posted, then it was censored. Removed. Deleted. By Vimeo. On March 4. Bang.

Why? Because you’re not supposed to know what was discussed in the video.

It might give you a wrong idea.

You might infer something you shouldn’t. You can’t handle making up your own mind. You have to feed at the official and approved public trough for truth. Truth is defined for you by those in charge of Knowing. You’re a pawn who must be controlled, for your own good. That’s why Vimeo took down the video.

Vimeo might not understand all that. From what I’m told, programmed robots don’t work from understanding; they just follow orders.

A couple of weeks back, Catherine Austin Fitts and I did one of her wide-ranging Solari Reports. We discussed the coronavirus situation and vaccines. I was ever-polite, as usual. You know me. I avoid stepping on toes at all costs. Before an interview, I always take two Thorazine and meditate on the magnificence of Globalism and Oneness in the everlasting corporatization of planet Earth. Yet somehow, someone at Vimeo took umbrage.

Catherine Austin Fitts, describes her enterprise: “Solari Report is an independent intelligence network whose goal is to support its subscribers and readers in living a free and inspired life.”

Might this be problematic in the eyes of Vimeo? What did she say? Independent? Free and inspired? Hmm. What about conforming? What about saluting the great cheese glob of lowest common denominator?

I asked Catherine for her reaction when she received the notice, on March 4, that the video was taken down. I quote her directly:

“FLABBERGASTED adjective flab• ber• gast• ed | \ˈfla-bər-ˌga-stəd \Definition of flabbergasted: feeling or showing intense shock, surprise, or wonder: utterly astonished flabbergast [flab-er-gast] verb (used with object) to overcome with surprise and bewilderment; astound. First Known Use of flabbergasted 1773, in the meaning defined above.”

Actually, on March 4, Vimeo took down two Solari videos. The other one was Catherine’s interview about mandated vaccines, with Mary Holland. Who? “Who is THAT person coming forward and telling us about vaccines, when we haven’t seen her face, at least several times, on the CBS Evening News? Does she at least work for the government?”

“Children’s Health Defense (CHD) is pleased to announce that Mary S. Holland has become its full-time General Counsel. Holland will continue to serve as CHD Vice Chair of the Board of Directors.”

“Holland has fought long and hard in the vaccination choice and safety movement. In the last fifteen years, she has co-written and edited two books, Vaccine Epidemic and The HPV Vaccine on Trial, and co-founded two non-profits, the Elizabeth Birt Center for Autism Law and Advocacy and the Center for Personal Rights. In addition, she has published seminal legal articles on critical dimensions of vaccine law and policy: constitutionality; herd immunity; liability for injury; and the connection between vaccines and autism.”

“On behalf of many organizations, she submitted amicus briefs to the U.S. Supreme Court in Bruesewitz v. Wyeth, a case about manufacturer liability, and to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit in Cedillo v. HHS about vaccine-induced autism…”

Obviously, Vimeo knows what they’re doing. They must protect you from learning what this Mary Holland (or anyone else) might put in your head. Right? Of course. Vimeo is looking out for your welfare day and night.

Here is a brief except from Mary Holland’s Solari Report: “All you have to do is look up a [vaccine] product on the internet. Look up an insert [package] for the polio vaccine or the diphtheria/tetanus/pertussis. There are 50 different [adverse effect] medical conditions, typically including death, that are listed on the product insert. So the propaganda rolls on, ‘Vaccines are safe and effective. Vaccines are safe and effective,’ but when you look for evidence of this, it’s just not true.”

“All you have to do is look at what the manufacturers say to insure that they continue to be liability-free. We should talk about that. They list the things that people report to them are adverse events after vaccination with this vaccine.”

“They [the manufacturers] go to great lengths to say, ‘This [adverse event] isn’t proven,’ and, ‘We never go back and test,’ and, ‘This is a sample size of unknown numbers,’ but these are reported adverse events from this vaccine. I don’t know how you can say that somebody shouldn’t have the right to say, ‘No, I’ll take my risks. I would really rather get the mumps than die’.”

Can you handle reading those words from Mary Holland? Can you make up your mind whether you agree or disagree? If you’re not sure, can you file the information away in a “maybe” compartment? Was there a need to have Vimeo decide to wall you off from what Mary Holland said?

“Yes, but you see, Jon, there are so many suggestible people out there who can’t make up their own minds. They must be protected.”

Really? Protected from exactly what? And by whom? A Central Committee issuing daily rulings? We are now a society in which free speech only exists in the shadow cast by persons who are unable to think?

I’ll tell you this. If I were the CEO of a huge vaccine manufacturer, or a top executive at the CDC (a front for vaccine companies); and if were very worried about what the public might discover re mind-boggling vaccine dangers, I’d award Vimeo a medal for censoring unofficial sources. I’d be pouring out praise for their efforts. And quietly, I’d think, wow, they’re basically operating like a PR agency for me.

As for what I said in my interview with Catherine in our Solari Report conversation, I don’t need to pick out an excerpt. You can access any of my articles on the “coronavirus crisis” (archive here) and find the essence and details of my position. Is there a reason for censorship there? Apparently, many readers don’t think so.

When Vimeo removed the interviews Catherine did with Mary Holland and me, they sent out their usual notice about taking down potentially harmful content, and so on. Then there was a follow-up, to Catherine, on March 5. Here it is:

Jason R. (Vimeo Trust & Safety)

Mar 5, 4:44 PM EST

Hi there,

My name is Jason and I manage Vimeo’s Trust and Safety team.

Your videos were removed for violating Vimeo’s Terms of Service (https://vimeo.com/terms) and Community Guidelines (https://vimeo.com/help/guidelines).

Specifically, Vimeo does not allow videos that falsely claim that mass tragedies are hoaxes, or perpetuate false or misleading claims about vaccine safety.

After looking into your account, it actually looks like there are a number of other violations. You should be sure to review our terms thoroughly and remove any content that does not comply.

Please do not re-upload this content as it may result in full account removal.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Sincerely,
    Jason R.
    Trust & Safety Manager

I guess they don’t have last names over at Vimeo.

As for “describing mass tragedies as hoaxes,” and “making misleading claims about vaccine safety,” Jason R ought to think about who defines “hoax” and “misleading.” God? Exceptional humans gifted, somehow, with supreme authority? Or little droids following orders from the office upstairs.

Here are links to Mary Holland’s and my Solari Report video excerpts:

“Special Solari Report: Vaccine Mandates with Mary Holland, J.D.”

“Coronavirus, Epidemics, and Vaccine Terrorism with Jon Rappoport”

And remember: censorship is a gift that must be cherished. We’re all in this together. The more we stifle free speech and help destroy the 1st Amendment, the closer we come to the perfect society. Someday, we will all agree on whatever there is to agree on. Which is everything. Let us praise the Vimeo States of America and its thought-police allies from nations all over the world.

And while we’re at it, let us recall Medical Big Brother’s stirring words engraved on the Statue of Liberty: “Give us your huddled masses, yearning to be vaccinated.”

Thank you, Vimeo. Here’s your new cutting edge slogan:

PRESS KEY, DELETE CONTENT."
    Each breath a gift...

8. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Antagenet (10th March 2020), Bill Ryan (9th March 2020), Caliban (9th March 2020), Denise/Dizi (9th March 2020), Dennis Leahy (10th March 2020), Franny (9th March 2020), justntime2learn (10th March 2020), Pam (10th March 2020), Reinhard (10th March 2020), Sadieblue (10th March 2020), Sophocles (10th March 2020), Sunny (10th March 2020), T Smith (10th March 2020), Tintin (10th March 2020), wondering (9th March 2020)

9. Link to Post #1505
    Thanks
    Thanked 459,403 times in 32,917 posts

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    Oil prices have gone right off a cliff today. Watch out for the Dow Jones to follow. We might see some extraordinary things happening in the markets, with no end in sight.
    Sure enough, the Dow fell 2000 today, a points record. It was the worst global day's trading since 2008.

All of Italy is now in lockdown (supposedly!), but flights are still leaving Milan for the UK with no screening on arrival.

In his today's update, Dr John Campbell, with 40 years in healthcare first as a nurse and then a nurse teacher, is visibly exasperated — as well he might be.

Some of the comments are well worth reading, as they always are under Chris Martenson's videos too. Many viewers report their own experiences, showing human naivete or incompetence at its finest. Meanwhile, some official statements, reactions and inactions almost stretch one's belief.

(Btw, CNN today formally announced they're now calling this a pandemic despite the WHO's intransigence, and explained why.)

Last night I re-watched the inspired, subtly hilarious 2015 movie The Big Short, about the 2008 banking crisis and the true story of how a small group of maverick traders clearly saw what was sure to happen — and no-one would listen. This situation is similar.

My favorite comment for today:
    Common Symptoms for Covid19: Fever, Dry Cough, Chest Pain, and Sudden Urge to Travel the World.
    Last edited by Bill Ryan; 9th March 2020 at 22:02.

10. The Following 25 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Agape (10th March 2020), Alan (9th March 2020), anandacate (9th March 2020), Antagenet (10th March 2020), bluestflame (10th March 2020), Denise/Dizi (10th March 2020), Dennis Leahy (10th March 2020), Frank V (9th March 2020), Franny (9th March 2020), Gracy (9th March 2020), Ivy23 (10th March 2020), justntime2learn (9th March 2020), Metaphor (9th March 2020), mountain_jim (10th March 2020), Olam (9th March 2020), Pam (10th March 2020), Reinhard (10th March 2020), Sadieblue (10th March 2020), Salv8tion (10th March 2020), Soda (9th March 2020), Sophocles (10th March 2020), Sunny (10th March 2020), Tintin (10th March 2020), wondering (9th March 2020), Yoda (9th March 2020)

11. Link to Post #1506
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,881 times in 2,121 posts

Coronavirus:New Data Itroduces (Some) Hope

Premiering now live by Peak Prosperity:

“To develop a complete mind: Study the art of science; study the science of art. Learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else” – Leonardo Da Vinci

12. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to justntime2learn For This Post:

Alan (10th March 2020), Bill Ryan (9th March 2020), David Trd1 (10th March 2020), Denise/Dizi (10th March 2020), Dennis Leahy (10th March 2020), Frank V (9th March 2020), mountain_jim (10th March 2020), Pam (10th March 2020), Reinhard (10th March 2020), Sadieblue (10th March 2020), Soda (9th March 2020), Sophocles (10th March 2020), Tintin (10th March 2020), wondering (9th March 2020)

13. Link to Post #1507
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,971 times in 1,706 posts

Quote Posted by Dick (here)
    Update Sunday evening: Italy 366 died, thats an 57% increase compared to yesterday.
    But also good news: 622 people confirmed cured today.
    With Italy, this may be the problem.

There are 988 'closed' or 'completed' cases in Italy. All the rest are still 'active': i.e. they're still sick, severely or otherwise.

In other words, 988 have either fully recovered or died. But 366 have died. That's a CFR (case fatality rate) of 37%.
    Bill from my research I have a different take and different numbers.

First of all, as of today I see numbers of deaths at 463 for Italy.
    I also see that the CFR (case fatality rate) ratio is calculated by dividing the total number of deaths by the total number of diagnosed cases.
    For Italy those two numbers would be:
    463/9172 = 5%

Please check this link for the numbers, and make corrections if you get updates...

https://www.worldometers.info/corona...us-has-spread/

14. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to DaveToo For This Post:

Bill Ryan (10th March 2020), Denise/Dizi (10th March 2020), Dennis Leahy (10th March 2020), Frank V (10th March 2020), justntime2learn (10th March 2020), Pam (10th March 2020), Reinhard (10th March 2020), Sadieblue (10th March 2020), Tintin (10th March 2020), wondering (9th March 2020)

15. Link to Post #1508
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,108 times in 1,389 posts

World need to have independent laboratories contrary to CDCs', for current and future events.

If there are 100 virology academicians, 95 of them dreaming or planning luscious retirement. 5 of them can not talk publicly, because of the fear of being lynched by 95.

By that assumption most of the numbers are meanless, such as new foundland's chestna plane crash findings. ( Post#313)https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...=1#post1334049
    Last edited by Tangri; 9th March 2020 at 23:53.
    Love and Hope

16. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Tangri For This Post:

Bill Ryan (10th March 2020), Denise/Dizi (10th March 2020), Dennis Leahy (10th March 2020), Frank V (10th March 2020), justntime2learn (10th March 2020), Pam (10th March 2020), Reinhard (10th March 2020), Sadieblue (10th March 2020), Sophocles (10th March 2020), Tintin (10th March 2020), wondering (9th March 2020)

17. Link to Post #1509
    Thanks
    Thanked 39,382 times in 5,726 posts

I read that a Georgia state park is being prepared for people who have "been exposed" to Coronavirus.

Quote Portion of Ga. state park being prepared for COVID-19 patient isolation
    Portion of Ga. state park being prepared for COVID-19 patient isolation
    A state park in Morgan County, Ga. has been identified as a location to monitor and isolate coronavirus patients if needed.

Georgia Governor Brian Kemp announced that Hard Labor Creek State Park will be used to monitor patients who may have been exposed to COVID-19. According to the governor’s office, no patients are scheduled to be transferred there right now.
    No social distancing here

Last edited by Delight; 9th March 2020 at 23:49.

18. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Delight For This Post:

Bill Ryan (10th March 2020), Denise/Dizi (10th March 2020), Dennis Leahy (10th March 2020), ExomatrixTV (10th March 2020), Frank V (10th March 2020), justntime2learn (10th March 2020), Pam (10th March 2020), Reinhard (10th March 2020), Sadieblue (10th March 2020), Sarah Rainsong (10th March 2020), Sophocles (10th March 2020), Tintin (10th March 2020), wondering (10th March 2020)

19. Link to Post #1510
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,881 times in 2,121 posts

Please accept my apology for not giving a description prior to posting the video. it was just released and I got a little too excited, but I'm working on that.

Just released:

Last edited by justntime2learn; 10th March 2020 at 01:53. Reason: Added first paragraph
    “To develop a complete mind: Study the art of science; study the science of art. Learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else” – Leonardo Da Vinci

20. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to justntime2learn For This Post:

Bill Ryan (10th March 2020), David Trd1 (10th March 2020), Denise/Dizi (10th March 2020), Dennis Leahy (10th March 2020), Franny (10th March 2020), Gracy (10th March 2020), mountain_jim (10th March 2020), Pam (10th March 2020), Reinhard (10th March 2020), Sadieblue (10th March 2020), Sophocles (10th March 2020), Tintin (10th March 2020), wondering (10th March 2020)

21. Link to Post #1511
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,764 times in 1,345 posts

ZEROHEDGE: Scientists Warn About Dangerous "Tipping Point" Where Covid-19 Goes From Mild To Deadly

Patients in these life-threatening situations typically suffer from respiratory and other vital system failures, according to the report by a team of WHO researchers delivered last month. Sometimes, sufferers can even experience sceptic shock.

Since roughly 10-15% of mild-to-moderate patients progress to this next severe state, it's important for hospitals and doctors to understand which patients are at highest risk of a worsening infection so they can factor this into their risk assessments and direct resources and attention accordingly. Because of these 10-15%, 15% to 20% of that group may progress to critically severe infection stage requiring the highest level of attention and care to save a life.

Patients at highest risk include people at age 60 and older and those with pre-existing conditions such as hypertension, diabetes and cardiovascular disease.

This type of triage should at least be familiar to most doctors since it resembles the infection profile of the seasonal flu, albiet with more patients progressing to the final most critical stage, said Jeffery K. Taubenberger.

When everything goes well, white blood cells attack the virus and lock the infection down within a few days.

Infection generally starts in the nose. Once inside the body, the coronavirus invades the epithelial cells that line and protect the respiratory tract, said Taubenberger, who heads the viral pathogenesis and evolution section of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases in Bethesda, Maryland. If it’s contained in the upper airway, it usually results in a less severe disease.

But if the virus treks down the windpipe to the peripheral branches of the respiratory tree and lung tissue, it can trigger a more severe phase of the disease. That’s due to the pneumonia-causing damage inflicted directly by the virus plus secondary damage caused by the body’s immune response to the infection.

"Your body is immediately trying to repair the damage in the lung as soon as it’s happening," Taubenberger said. Various white blood cells that consume pathogens and help heal damaged tissue act as first-responders. "Normally, if this goes well, you can clear up your infection in just a few days."

NEVER MISS THE NEWS THAT MATTERS MOST
    ZEROHEDGE DIRECTLY TO YOUR INBOX

Receive a daily recap featuring a curated list of must-read stories.

Your email...
    But if this doesn't happen, if the virus persists, and continues to attack the tissue of the nose and throat, at some point, it will become more difficult for the body to fight off a secondary bacterial infection. Such secondary bacterial infections are particularly dangerous because they can damage the stem cells in the lungs, basically making it impossible for a patient's lungs to heal.

Secondary bacterial infections represent an especially pernicious threat because they can kill critical respiratory tract stem cells that enable tissue to rejuvenate. Without them, "you just can’t physically repair your lungs," Taubenberger said. Damaged lungs can starve vital organs of oxygen, impairing the kidneys, liver, brain and heart.

"When you get a bad, overwhelming infection, everything starts to fall apart in a cascade,” said David Morens, senior scientific adviser to the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases. "You pass the tipping point where everything is going downhill and, at some point, you can’t get it back."

That tipping point probably also occurs earlier in older people, as it does in experiments with older mice, said Stanley Perlman, a professor of microbiology and immunology at the University of Iowa in Iowa City, who has studied coronaviruses for 38 years.

But this isn't the only way things can go wrong. Even healthy younger adults have succumbed to the virus, including Dr. Li Wenliang, the 34-year-old ophthalmologist who was one of the first to warn about the coronavirus in Wuhan. He died after receiving antibodies, antivirals, antibiotics, oxygen and having his blood pumped through an artificial lung. Scientists have theorized that some people have more of the distinctly shaped protein receptors in their respiratory epithelial cells that the virus targets.

22. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to TrumanCash For This Post:

Bill Ryan (10th March 2020), Denise/Dizi (10th March 2020), Dennis Leahy (10th March 2020), Franny (10th March 2020), justntime2learn (10th March 2020), mountain_jim (10th March 2020), Pam (10th March 2020), Reinhard (10th March 2020), Sadieblue (10th March 2020), Sophocles (10th March 2020), Sunny (10th March 2020), Tintin (10th March 2020)

23. Link to Post #1512
    Netherlands Avalon Member ExomatrixTV's Avatar
    Language
    English, Dutch, German, Limburgs
    Thanks
    Thanked 127,201 times in 21,082 posts

Leftist Coronavirus Lies DEBUNKED | Louder with Crowder
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

24. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Bill Ryan (10th March 2020), Denise/Dizi (10th March 2020), Franny (10th March 2020), justntime2learn (10th March 2020), Reinhard (10th March 2020), Sadieblue (10th March 2020), Tintin (10th March 2020)

25. Link to Post #1513
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,418 times in 1,676 posts

Quote Posted by mountain_jim (here)
    thus forcing a choice between overcoming the weapon or submitting our bodies to the 'vaccine'.
    You really think it will be a "choice" ?

26. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to T Smith For This Post:

Bill Ryan (10th March 2020), Denise/Dizi (10th March 2020), Dennis Leahy (10th March 2020), Franny (10th March 2020), justntime2learn (10th March 2020), mountain_jim (10th March 2020), Pam (10th March 2020), Reinhard (10th March 2020), Sadieblue (10th March 2020), Tintin (10th March 2020)

27. Link to Post #1514
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,971 times in 1,706 posts

Quote Posted by T Smith (here)
    Quote Posted by mountain_jim (here)
    thus forcing a choice between overcoming the weapon or submitting our bodies to the 'vaccine'.
    You really think it will be a "choice" ?
    "Every nation now has a decision to make.
    Either you will take this vaccine, or you will be deemed a terrorist."

28. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to DaveToo For This Post:

Bill Ryan (10th March 2020), David Trd1 (10th March 2020), Denise/Dizi (10th March 2020), Dennis Leahy (10th March 2020), Franny (10th March 2020), justntime2learn (10th March 2020), mountain_jim (10th March 2020), Reinhard (10th March 2020), Rosco1 (10th March 2020), Sadieblue (10th March 2020), T Smith (10th March 2020), Tintin (10th March 2020)

29. Link to Post #1515
    Thanks
    Thanked 56,325 times in 8,331 posts

In the spirit of "never let a crisis go to waste", we should work to make the general masses more aware of who is responsible for this.

Arguing that we don't really know that, isn't helping the human race, right now.

Here's a meme to circulate:

..................................................my first language is TYPO..............................................

30. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to norman For This Post:

Bill Ryan (10th March 2020), David Trd1 (10th March 2020), Denise/Dizi (10th March 2020), Franny (10th March 2020), justntime2learn (10th March 2020), onevoice (10th March 2020), Reinhard (10th March 2020), Sadieblue (10th March 2020), Tintin (10th March 2020)

31. Link to Post #1516
    Norway Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,441 times in 780 posts

A good 'visual' on exponential growth (by Dr. Bartlett; as mentioned in Chris Martensons latest video):

Limits to Growth: Bacteria in a Bottle

32. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Sophocles For This Post:

Bill Ryan (10th March 2020), Denise/Dizi (10th March 2020), Franny (10th March 2020), justntime2learn (10th March 2020), Reinhard (10th March 2020), Sadieblue (10th March 2020), Tintin (10th March 2020)

33. Link to Post #1517
    Thanks
    Thanked 459,403 times in 32,917 posts

Quote Posted by DaveToo (here)
    Quote Posted by Dick (here)
    Update Sunday evening: Italy 366 died, thats an 57% increase compared to yesterday.
    But also good news: 622 people confirmed cured today.
    With Italy, this may be the problem.

There are 988 'closed' or 'completed' cases in Italy. All the rest are still 'active': i.e. they're still sick, severely or otherwise.

In other words, 988 have either fully recovered or died. But 366 have died. That's a CFR (case fatality rate) of 37%.
    Bill from my research I have a different take and different numbers.

First of all, as of today I see numbers of deaths at 463 for Italy.
    I also see that the CFR (case fatality rate) ratio is calculated by dividing the total number of deaths by the total number of diagnosed cases.
    For Italy those two numbers would be:
    463/9172 = 5%

Please check this link for the numbers, and make corrections if you get updates...

https://www.worldometers.info/corona...us-has-spread/
    Dave, many thanks.

Of course, the numbers change every day. Current Italy figures as I write this are:
    • 9,172 total cases (as you said)
    • 463 deaths (as you said)
    • 724 recovered
    • 7,985 active cases (i.e. not yet recovered or died)
    • 1,187 resolved (completed) cases (i.e. recovered or died).
    But I'd argue we can't calculate the fatality rate from the total number of cases. That's because (for instance, as an example) there may have been 1,000 new cases yesterday. We don't yet know how they will fare (i.e. recover or die), so we can't use those figures — yet.

The only way we can really get a grasp on how dangerous the virus is is to look at the ratio of the fatalities against those whose cases have 'resolved' (i.e. aren't still in progress).

In other words, after it's all said and done, and there are no more cases in progress, what % have died?

Right now, recalculated, for Italy that's 463/1,187 = 39%. (That's increased a little since my previous post, with the new numbers.)

In other words, if you're in Italy, and you catch this thing, then (ignoring the age factor, which is also important: of course, elderly and infirm patients are far more vulnerable) the chances you might die are 39%. That's pretty sobering.

34. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

carnavas (10th March 2020), David Trd1 (10th March 2020), Denise/Dizi (10th March 2020), Frank V (10th March 2020), Franny (10th March 2020), frodo13 (10th March 2020), justntime2learn (10th March 2020), onevoice (10th March 2020), Reinhard (10th March 2020), Rosco1 (10th March 2020), Sadieblue (10th March 2020), Tintin (10th March 2020), Yoda (10th March 2020)

35. Link to Post #1518
    Madagascar Avalon Member silvanelf's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,587 times in 299 posts

That's an important point: the high fatality rate in Italy, especially in the regions around Milan and Venice, may be due to an overwhelmed health care system. This indicates a similar development in Spain, where about half of all cases in Spain are located in the area around Madrid.

Quote The current case fatality rate in Lombardy has now topped 6%. We know from China (ex Hubei province) that in a functioning health care system the death rate of Covid-19 patients is lower than 1%. It is not the virus that kills more people in Italy, it is an overwhelmed health care system.

A health care system that is overwhelmed with Covid-19 cases can also no longer take care of regular cases. People with an acute heart attack, with diabetes problems, or kids who have fallen off a bicycle will find that the hospitals are full and unable to care for them.

The only way to prevent such a catastrophic development is to spread out the timeline during which the epidemic happens.
    https://www.moonofalabama.org/2020/0...-flu.html#more

36. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to silvanelf For This Post:

Bill Ryan (10th March 2020), David Trd1 (10th March 2020), DeeMetrios (10th March 2020), Denise/Dizi (10th March 2020), Frank V (10th March 2020), Franny (10th March 2020), justntime2learn (10th March 2020), Sadieblue (10th March 2020), Sarah Rainsong (10th March 2020), Sophocles (11th March 2020), Tintin (10th March 2020)

37. Link to Post #1519
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,696 times in 640 posts

An Asterix Comic book from 2017 has Asterix pitted against CORONAVIRUS in ITALY. Coronavirus is the bad guy (obviously.)

Click image for larger version

Name:	coronavirus232424.JPG
Views:	1497
Size:	115.9 KB
ID:	42733

38. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to sunwings For This Post:

Bill Ryan (10th March 2020), DeeMetrios (10th March 2020), Frank V (10th March 2020), Franny (10th March 2020), Inaiá (10th March 2020), justntime2learn (10th March 2020), Metaphor (10th March 2020), Sadieblue (10th March 2020), Tintin (10th March 2020)

39. Link to Post #1520
    Australia Avalon Member DeeMetrios's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,324 times in 229 posts

Quote Posted by sunwings (here)
    An Asterix Comic book from 2017 has Asterix pitted against CORONAVIRUS in ITALY. Coronavirus is the bad guy (obviously.)

Attachment 42733
    Woooaah !! .. How is this possible ?

40. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to DeeMetrios For This Post:

Bill Ryan (10th March 2020), Dorjezigzag (10th March 2020), Frank V (10th March 2020), Franny (10th March 2020), janette (10th March 2020), Sadieblue (10th March 2020), silvanelf (10th March 2020), Tintin (10th March 2020), wondering (10th March 2020)

Closed Thread
Page 76 of 154 FirstFirst 1 26 66 76 86 126 154 LastLast