Closed Thread
Page 154 of 154 FirstFirst 1 54 104 144 154
Results 3,061 to 3,077 of 3077

Thread: The Wuhan Coronavirus [Covid-19, the Honey Badger virus]

1. Link to Post #3061
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,728 times in 1,343 posts

Default Re: The Wuhan Coronavirus [Covid-19, the Honey Badger virus]

How do we know that any of the numbers they are throwing at us are accurate when the tests are inaccurate and produce false positives?

The CDC states on their website that there have been anywhere from 24,000 to 62,000 deaths just from the common flu. Which is it--24,000 or 62,000 or somewhere inbetween? So their numbers are meaningless. So why should anyone take them seriously?

The CDC admits in their tests for COVID-19 that "THE AGENT DETECTED MAY NOT BE THE DEFINITE CAUSE OF DISEASE".

CORRELATION DOES NOT EQUAL CAUSATION.

So we can now trust the government?

QUESTION AUTHORITY!

What, Me Worry? Nope.
    Last edited by TrumanCash; 3rd April 2020 at 14:23.

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to TrumanCash For This Post:

Agape (8th April 2020), anandacate (3rd April 2020), Basho (3rd April 2020), ClearWater (3rd April 2020), Denise/Dizi (5th April 2020), Eligos (3rd April 2020), Goba (4th April 2020), kfm27917 (6th April 2020), Phoenix (3rd April 2020), quiltinggrandma (5th April 2020), syrwong (7th April 2020), wondering (3rd April 2020)

3. Link to Post #3062
    United States Avalon Member thepainterdoug's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,068 times in 3,146 posts

VIZON/ yes as I read it all, its the highly contagious nature of this. very contagious beyond anything we have seen. so death stats, comparisons to all other deadly viruses is no longer the point

so when i read the death rate of SARS and H1N1 and so on, its a pointless comparison to the cover 19 virus as I was mistakenly making a few weeks ago

its all about how contagious this is. if the death rate was 1/2 % , if the whole world was infected?? run the numbers.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to thepainterdoug For This Post:

Denise/Dizi (5th April 2020), pyrangello (4th April 2020), quiltinggrandma (5th April 2020), Sarah Rainsong (3rd April 2020), silvanelf (3rd April 2020), wondering (3rd April 2020)

5. Link to Post #3063
    Thanks
    Thanked 54,642 times in 8,117 posts

Quote Posted by thepainterdoug (here)
    VIZON/ yes as I read it all, its the highly contagious nature of this. very contagious beyond anything we have seen. so death stats, comparisons to all other deadly viruses is no longer the point

so when i read the death rate of SARS and H1N1 and so on, its a pointless comparison to the cover 19 virus as I was mistakenly making a few weeks ago

its all about how contagious this is. if the death rate was 1/2 % , if the whole world was infected?? run the numbers.
    Yeabut Doug, it works both ways. If it's highly contagious, and it is, then the number of people who have already caught it and never turned up in the stats is higher too. That brings the real death rate back down again.
    ..................................................my first language is TYPO..............................................

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to norman For This Post:

DaveToo (3rd April 2020), Denise/Dizi (5th April 2020), greybeard (3rd April 2020), Phoenix (3rd April 2020), quiltinggrandma (5th April 2020), silvanelf (3rd April 2020), thepainterdoug (3rd April 2020), wondering (3rd April 2020)

7. Link to Post #3064
    United States Avalon Member thepainterdoug's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,068 times in 3,146 posts

Norman I totally agree.

so my point and perhaps Im not clear is, that we are all looking at death rates etc and thats not the crisis, The crisis is the amount of sick people burdening down the health systems around the world that need assistance to survive due to the nature of the virus which is breathing.

its the sick rate, not the death rate.

thats how i see it as of this morning. ill let you know how I see it by this aft! lol cause its always changing

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to thepainterdoug For This Post:

Deneon (3rd April 2020), Denise/Dizi (5th April 2020), quiltinggrandma (5th April 2020), Sarah Rainsong (3rd April 2020), silvanelf (3rd April 2020), wondering (3rd April 2020)

9. Link to Post #3065
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,858 times in 11,838 posts

Norman I totally agree.

so my point and perhaps Im not clear is, that we are all looking at death rates etc and thats not the crisis, The crisis is the amount of sick people burdening down the health systems around the world that need assistance to survive due to the nature of the virus which is breathing.

thats how i see it as of this morning. ill let you know how I see it by this aft! lol cause its always changing
    As you know Im not really into conspiracy theories but into truth of the spiritual kind.
    At the moment in the UK hospitals in the main are empty its admitted that the NHS is able to cope, of course the claim is we are doing it by staying home.
    The figures in the UK are showing normal sick rate for this time of year.
    It ( the health professionals) also accepted that the majority of people getting this virus here will only have mild symptoms and even those with more serious ones recover fully within a fortnight.
    Even in countries where the death rate and sickness rate is being reported as higher seems to be following a model based on last years flu virus.
    The biggest difference is hype and lockdown, never before has such measures been deployed. just depends which expert you want to believe.

Chris
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

anandacate (3rd April 2020), Basho (3rd April 2020), DaveToo (3rd April 2020), Denise/Dizi (5th April 2020), quiltinggrandma (5th April 2020), Sue (Ayt) (3rd April 2020), syrwong (3rd April 2020)

11. Link to Post #3066
    Madagascar Avalon Member silvanelf's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,587 times in 299 posts

Quote Posted by greybeard (here)
    Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    Nothing ruled out including the effects of 5g.
    There's no 5G in Ecuador.

I can't quite remember how often I've posted that, but as an estimate it might be 2,174 times.

Thats obviously true but the theory is this started in a place in China where 5G is prevalent.
    Have looked at this video posted by viking and others
    See link.
    I am not saying this is true as I have no way of proving or disproving -- just worth considering with an open mind.
    Chris

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...=1#post1348127
    Yeah, the contagion of the virus may be triggered by a contact with sarin gas ... see below.

This kind of Pretzel logic is pretty similar to Flat Earth baloney, and these arguments about "being open-minded" and "we can't rule out this explanation" are well-known as well. The answer is simple: far-fetched speculations without any evidence can be dismissed without any further arguments.

Quote Posted by T Smith (here)
    Let's say this "designer virus" spreads just like the common cold, but maintains a lysogenic cycle indefinately until triggered by an outside agent, let's say the incipience of 5-G, the release of Sarin gas, or something such. The virus then becomes lytic and starts replicating inside the cell, until the cell lyses, activating a swarm of SARS CoV-2 that 1) causes COVID-19, and 2) can be communally transmitted in its lytic cycle just like the common cold. So even if there is no 5-G, say, in Iran (which has been argued), someone with the virus triggered by 5-G (or by some other triggering agent) to its lytic cycle in Wuhan, can still infect someone in Iran in the same manner as the common cold, even though there is no 5-G in Iran.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to silvanelf For This Post:

Denise/Dizi (5th April 2020), quiltinggrandma (5th April 2020)

13. Link to Post #3067
    Thanks
    Thanked 54,642 times in 8,117 posts

Norman I totally agree.

Have you watched that Amazing Polly video yet ?

You might have to re assess your picture of over burdened hospitals too.

I joked with my brother this morning about "Where are all these troops on the streets then? I haven't seen one in my road yet"

"Ahh, perhaps they are all around the hospitals keeping the public away, with their phone cameras".
    ..................................................my first language is TYPO..............................................

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to norman For This Post:

Basho (3rd April 2020), Denise/Dizi (5th April 2020), quiltinggrandma (5th April 2020), wondering (3rd April 2020)

15. Link to Post #3068
    Netherlands Avalon Member ExomatrixTV's Avatar
    Language
    English, Dutch, German, Limburgs
    Thanks
    Thanked 124,911 times in 20,684 posts

Exclamation Re: The Wuhan Coronavirus [Covid-19, the Honey Badger virus]

Nurse EXPOSES the CAUSE of CORONA-VIRUS as 5G?
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

anandacate (3rd April 2020), Denise/Dizi (5th April 2020), Patient (3rd April 2020), pyrangello (4th April 2020), quiltinggrandma (5th April 2020)

17. Link to Post #3069
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,398 times in 1,674 posts

Quote Posted by ExomatrixTV (here)
    ALEXA "Did The Government Release The CoronaVirus?"

They changed it ... Alexa will not say this ever again

By the way I disagree with her ... she is just part of pushing the false narrative of the status quote that claims it is "out of control" as we NEVER had any Flu Virus "under control" ever. It is juts part of our lives! What they DO control is HOW they sell it to the masses with LIES!

Cheers,
    John
    I'm not surprised Amazon nixed that response, but to be fair, it is perfectly consistent with what any elementary-level AI interacting with and drawing from non-classified public information might ascertain, e.g. what any researcher might procure from the Internet. Alexa is describing the simulated events of Event 201, a model wherein the government did release the coronavirus in the population to gauge how countries, supply chains, the global economy, and the population would react to its spread, and in its experimental simulation governments did lose control of the spread. But this response is just a description of the simulation, kind of how Alexa might respond if asked to describe what went down in, say, the last episode of Game of Thrones.

That said, the simulated results of Event 201 are eerily similar to what we are seeing play out in real time with SARS CoVid2/COVID-19, eh? I find it highly implausible this is just a coincidence.

I also find it highly plausible we are enacting a real time "dress rehearsal" of the simulated model Alexa was so kind to summarize (all the same players and experts are dictating government policy), perhaps to gauge and measure the real-time consequences and duress on the global population, the disruption of global supply chains and of medical and food supplies, etc., given a "real" pandemic. It is also becoming more apparent by the day a public relations campaign and coordinated propaganda psyop is propping up the real-time simulation we are living through, whatever its underlying severity and scope.

If what we see going on is a dress rehearsal, of sorts, the question is, how far do the progenitors of this simulation take this? To the brink and back? Or, do to they crack it wide open?
    Last edited by T Smith; 3rd April 2020 at 16:38.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to T Smith For This Post:

Basho (3rd April 2020), Denise/Dizi (5th April 2020), Phoenix1304 (4th April 2020), quiltinggrandma (5th April 2020)

19. Link to Post #3070
    France Avalon Member
    Language
    French
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,374 times in 354 posts

YES THERE IS 5G IN ECUADOR

Reading a post on the facebookpage #Stop5G of fellowmember John Kuhles that mentioned 5G in Lima, Peru I immetiately checked on google "Prueba 5G Quito" meaning Testing 5G in Quito, capital of Ecuador.

https://www.facebook.com/Socialstyli...GgIoI4&fref=nf

The dates below is when the first testing spots for 5G rolled out:

Wuhan - Nov 2019
    San Marino - Dec 2019
    Northern Italy (Lombardy) - Dec 2019
    Spain - Dec 2019
    Germany - Dec 2019
    NY - Dec 2019
    Iran - Testing Dec 2019
    South Korea - High band Dec 2019
    Lima - Dec 2019

I have worked 7 years in Buenos Aires and go direct to the Spanish language sources.
    And YES THERE IS 5G IN ECUADOR and it was introduced by the Mexican company America Movil on August 27 , 2019.
    And even earlier by Huawei on July 19,2019

https://www.google.com/search?ei=yVq...etaC1MQ4dUDCAo

Even if there only few antennas for 5G, I do not not trust the techno-fanatics for turning up the volume in strategic places like airports. Even for 4G , do we have any control over the IT personnel that is programming it?

The diversion by the Covid-19 drama is enormous and the proven health risk link with the electronics roll-out is too dangerous to go light on it. I urge everybody who reads this forum to stop discussing and get in communication with all like minded in your local communities to STOP 5G NOW. In Birmingham a huge 5G tower has been put in flames, that frightened are the people and the government does not do anything. Some will lose their live because of the virus but what is that in comparison with loosing our planetary freedom for being trapped in the 5G matrix. IT IS THAT SERIOUS.

Quote Posted by Mypos (here)
    Quote Posted by Goba (here)
    Nothing ruled out including the effects of 5g.
    There's no 5G in Ecuador.

I can't quite remember how often I've posted that, but as an estimate it might be 2,174 times.

there are 45 5G antennas in all of Hamburg and they are at fairgrounds and train stations. 5G has a very short range so it is safe to say there is no 5G in the city to speak of, meanwhile Hamburg is a Corona hotspot in Germany.

India has ZERO 5G - still the number of cases is rising just the same way as elsewhere
    Think of 5G sattelites and vaccinations.
    Last edited by Philippe; 3rd April 2020 at 17:59.

20. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Philippe For This Post:

Basho (3rd April 2020), DaveToo (3rd April 2020), Denise/Dizi (5th April 2020), Eligos (3rd April 2020), greybeard (3rd April 2020), Mypos (3rd April 2020), pyrangello (4th April 2020), quiltinggrandma (5th April 2020)

21. Link to Post #3071
    Netherlands Avalon Member ExomatrixTV's Avatar
    Language
    English, Dutch, German, Limburgs
    Thanks
    Thanked 124,911 times in 20,684 posts

Exclamation Re: The Wuhan Coronavirus [Covid-19, the Honey Badger virus]

FULL VIDEO: DO YOU THINK HE WAS MENTALLY INCOMPETENT? 1:22
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

alexius (4th April 2020), DaveToo (3rd April 2020), Denise/Dizi (5th April 2020), Patient (3rd April 2020), pyrangello (4th April 2020)

23. Link to Post #3072
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,656 times in 8,694 posts

Quote Posted by Philippe (here)
    The diversion by the Covid-19 drama is enormous and the proven health risk link with the electronics roll-out is too dangerous to go light on it. I urge everybody who reads this forum to stop discussing and get in communication with all like minded in your local communities to STOP 5G NOW. In Birmingham a huge 5G tower has been put in flames, that frightened are the people and the government does not do anything. Some will lose their live because of the virus but what is that in comparison with loosing our planetary freedom for being trapped in the 5G matrix. IT IS THAT SERIOUS.

5g efforts are wasted energy when CORVID-19 is the real issue, I'd urge all forum members to take reasonable and logical steps during this pandemic, 5g as a threat is something that can be dealt with later & is not an extra stressor that is needed in this situation.

Here is a post explaining the electromagnetic spectrum and ionizing radiation (the bad stuff)

and I'll just post this one... it should help alleviate your concerns:
    Quote Posted by TargeT (here)
    This new technology will go from using 1 to 4GHZ to using 24-90+ GHZ.

That is equivalent to 90 Billion Electromagnetic waves hitting the body every second. Whereas we are now already suffering the effects of waves that are 2 and a half to three feet, the new waves will be an inch to half an inch and cell towers will be smaller. Near everyone's homes and at least one every 200 to 300 meters apart. Even inside our homes with the Internet of Things.
    So.. for starters, we know a few things about Electromagnetic Frequencies and their interactions with materials.

Simple example:

We know that ~2.5ghz is the best frequency for heating effects, and it tapers off before and after that.. 5ghz is still in the penetration range but far enough above the "sweet spot" that it should be considered "better", shouldn't it?.

I work with 5ghz wireless already, it's a lot faster but the signal penetration is terrible compared to the 2.4Ghz that most wifi runs on (for now).

penetration wise, 5g is BETTER than anything 2.4 or 2.5ghz transmitted...

BTW, science does NOT work by consensus,, EVER... when you see "180 scientists say...." it's a logical fallacy; mental manipulation.

Quote Posted by JoefromtheCarolinas (here)
    I’m also told, by the same contractor, that:

A) there is a direct link between a phone and a satellite, eliminating “dead zones” (and they are testing now to also eliminate the need for cell towers for 5G)
    No, that's ridiculous.. 5g has LESS range than any previous tech, it will need MORE transmitters and recievers. plus anyone who has used a Sat phone knows how crappy they are, if you move you can block the signal with your head (depending on where in the world you are and what bird you are connecting to).

Yes, they will need to eliminate cell towers and put transmitters/receivers in a MUCH more dense deployment than the current cell towers are (IE: far more of them, far closer together). makes sense that they'd ditch expensive towers for small "building top" units. Not sure how well this will work in rural areas however.

And

B) there is no research done on effects on human or animal bodies, nor will it be conducted or considered— the only concern is bandwidth.
    Probably very true.. because we've done a bunch of research on this stuff already and know the further you go from 2.450ghz the better...

Within the team, I’m told that nobody working on 5G wants to stand between the transmitter (I.e. phone) and the receiver.

The bandwidth levels they are getting are extremely high.

We’re talking HD video in real time, enabling a blindfolded driver to use 5G to maneuver a race car outfitted with a camera, with their only source of feedback beaming from the camera, to a receiver, back to a monitor in the blacked out vehicle traveling at high speed.
    Superstitions abound everywhere.. I work with remote satellite packages and everyone says the same thing.. my biggest transmitter is an 8watt buc (TINY!) and still the people working on it won't walk in front because "they want to have kids still" or some other clueless remark..

However, 5g will probably end up being bad for us because it allows the technocracy to expand.. the bandwith, as you say.. is pretty insane... up to 20Gbps.. !
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

24. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Agape (8th April 2020), Chester (5th April 2020), Denise/Dizi (5th April 2020), justntime2learn (3rd April 2020), kfm27917 (10th April 2020), onevoice (3rd April 2020), Patient (3rd April 2020), pyrangello (4th April 2020), Sadieblue (5th April 2020), Salv8tion (3rd April 2020), Savannah (4th April 2020), silvanelf (3rd April 2020), Snoweagle (25th April 2021), Zionbrion (4th April 2020)

25. Link to Post #3073
    Thanks
    Thanked 456,566 times in 32,726 posts

Quote Posted by Philippe (here)
    YES THERE IS 5G IN ECUADOR

Reading a post on the facebookpage #Stop5G of fellow member John Kuhles that mentioned 5G in Lima, Peru I immediately checked on google "Prueba 5G Quito" meaning Testing 5G in Quito, capital of Ecuador.

Read further the post that was put on the Corona virus thread but is of course also for Contrarians. The drama of the Covid 19 pandemic is diverting us from what is really at stake !

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...=1#post1348200
    NO, THERE ISN'T.

I live here! Jeez. Give me a ****ing break.

These are real-time maps of the coverage. The first two maps are of Quito (there are two carriers, called Claro and Movistar), and the second two maps are of Guayaquil (where most of the cases are, and where there are serious problems).

This is easy to check. The site you go to to see maps of 2G/3G/4G/5G coverage anywhere in the world is http://nperf.com.

5G is purple on their color scheme. There's no purple in Ecuador. Testing is one thing. Roll-out is quite different.

Claro in Quito:

Movistar in Quito:

Claro in Guayaquil:

Movistar in Guayaquil:

Last edited by Bill Ryan; 3rd April 2020 at 19:36.

26. The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Adi (3rd April 2020), Agape (8th April 2020), Denise/Dizi (5th April 2020), Elainie (3rd April 2020), Eric J (Viking) (3rd April 2020), Franny (4th April 2020), Free Bird (4th April 2020), frodo13 (5th April 2020), jcking (6th April 2020), Molope (3rd April 2020), onevoice (3rd April 2020), Philippe (4th April 2020), Sadieblue (5th April 2020), Salv8tion (3rd April 2020), silvanelf (3rd April 2020), Snoweagle (25th April 2021), Sophocles (4th April 2020), spade (5th April 2020), Tam (5th April 2020), Tintin (3rd April 2020), Yoda (3rd April 2020), Zionbrion (4th April 2020)

27. Link to Post #3074
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,015 times in 2,416 posts

FULL VIDEO: DO YOU THINK HE WAS MENTALLY INCOMPETENT? 1:22
    I do not think the man is crazy. Helpless, but not crazy for opposing being injected with some substance he did not want in his body. I do not know how he ended up at Parkland, but that is where things went wrong for him.

By that I mean, this man's natural, Constitutionally recognized and protected, civil rights were violated when he was forced against his will to take a needle of whatever it was. (A vaccine? How in he world would a vaccine treat an acute episode of anything? It won't.) Why was he not given other options of treatment? There was no full disclosure to him of the substance put into his body, nor its known risks and there was no informed consent to what he was forced to do. And, I did not hear anyone say there was a court order mandating that he take a needle of whatever. Even if there was, that would be a void order as, among other things, it would have been obtained without him having the benefit of presenting his case to the judge either on his own behalf or by counsel.

We just saw a peek into what is lurking around the corner if you refuse to take the substance(s). It seems the best advice if you do not want to be forced to have a substance injected into you, is not seek medical attention.

28. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Satori For This Post:

anandacate (3rd April 2020), ClearWater (3rd April 2020), DaveToo (3rd April 2020), ExomatrixTV (3rd April 2020), justntime2learn (3rd April 2020), meeradas (3rd April 2020), spade (5th April 2020), T Smith (3rd April 2020)

29. Link to Post #3075
    Language
    germanic
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,845 times in 3,177 posts

This is easy to check. The site you go to to see maps of 2G/3G/4G/5G coverage anywhere in the world is http://npef.com.
    "Cool instrument!", i thought... but the "website is up for sale", unfortunately.
    That was fast...

Apologies from Bill:
    my typo, now corrected.
    It's
    http://nperf.com.

Last edited by Bill Ryan; 3rd April 2020 at 19:36.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to meeradas For This Post:

dan33 (16th April 2020), justntime2learn (3rd April 2020)

31. Link to Post #3076
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,221 times in 2,093 posts

National Guardsman At NY Testing Center Says Media Has Overblown COVID19 Pandemic "It's the Flu!":

¤=[Post Update]=¤

⚠️ For those who claim Iran has no #5G ... must know that 4G LTE is also (partial 5G tech) Beamforming 8x8 MIMO Military Grade Phased Array Antennas!
    The rapid increase of ANYTHING WIRELESS like:
    Smartphones, Smart-TV, Routers/Modems, WiFi Hot Spots, Smart-meters, Bluetooth, Cordless Headset, Smart Watches, Fit Bit, Baby-phones, Wireless Security Camera's, Smart Fridge etc. etc. rapid increase of >> multiple << new Erratic Pulsed Microwave Transmitters everywhere (even from space) last years is a MAJOR factor that any (common) virus CAN become lethal to more and more people who are in the saturation densification zone of Microwaves!
    All who are in that zone have a compromised weakened immune system, altered metabolism & change in their blood! Which all can be proven! ... ICNIRP knows that too but are LYING to the masses about them being a "Radiation Watchdog" <<< LIE ‼️ ... Serving Trillion industry corporate interest & #Agenda2030
    tinyurl.com/MSM-ICNIRP-Deceptive-Content
    tinyurl.com/Stop5G-vs-ICNIRP-Corruption
    How many know Iran launches own satellite Rasad-1 in 2011? Iran is NOT a "Third World Country".
    cheers,
    John Kuhles 🦜🦋🌳
    Founder & Senior Admin Fb.com/groups/Stop5G
    Stop5G.net & Twitter.com/Stop5G
    People - Watch this video!

This is really a lot of security and PRESENTATION to make people scared.

Sure, there is a bad flu bug going around. Not a doubt in my mind, because I had a very bad flu bug recently. I am not young, I have a weakened immune system - when I get a normal bad cold or flu I am sleeping for days.

Let's think on this....we have been told that ONLY essential services are open for business. Hospitals, fire, police, food and drug stores. Then why are they installing 5g during this time?

Is upgrading the speed of your internet as important as an ambulance service right now?

Just think on that for a minute.

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Patient For This Post:

anandacate (3rd April 2020), justntime2learn (3rd April 2020), TargeT (3rd April 2020)

33. Link to Post #3077
    Thanks
    Thanked 456,566 times in 32,726 posts

Dear Friends: this post is almost identical to the one on the COVID-19 Contrarians thread.

These two threads have become very confused, sometimes with identical posts being copied (double-posted) on both. And many articles and videos have been posted multiple times.

It's simply been increasingly hard to follow and keep up to date with replies and counterpoints, updates, important news, and important ideas. These are always our priorities, anywhere on the forum..

And the COVID-19 Contrarians thread is itself confused, as 'contrarian' with reference to this complex issue can mean several different things

For example: I'm a contrarian myself (of course!), inasmuch as I'm sure this is a bioweapon, and that there's a deeper agenda.

At the same time, I'm equally certain viruses are real things, and the globally reported statistics are not invented (though they may well be incorrect). This is NOT the Truman Show!

So what's needed is a separation and clarification of the main issues. That helps us all, including our now record numbers of guests.

What the mods will do from here on out is move posts that seem to be in the incorrect thread, and also start to come down a little more firmly on members who seem to be contributing to the chaos (rather than contributing to the clarity!) — blocking them from any particular thread if absolutely necessary in order to preserve at least some sense of order.

It'd be a little like throwing unruly people out of a quiet, orderly library or seminar room. We reserve the right to do that, on any thread or issue at all in any part of the forum. We rarely ever do that... but we've had the theoretical capability for a couple of years now.

So far, the mods' patience has been pretty exceptional. But we're feeling that by NOT so far taking clear steps to support things being more orderly and organized has now reached a tipping point to become counterproductive. We really do have to do this.

So these two threads will be closed (though we'll 'stick' them to make sure they're always readable and never lost from sight), and we'll start again with new categories that are more clearly defined.

Anyone's more than welcome to copy one of their older posts to one of the new threads (thereby re-posting it there) — or just PM any moderator and they can do that if you link to the post(s) in question, telling us where you'd like it or them to be moved.

Our first thought had been to sort out and re-categorize everything ourselves, but it quickly became clear that with 3,400 posts to read all over again (OMG! ), and then make decisions about each one, was a near-impossible amount of work.

So these are the new threads. (We're open to suggestions for optimizing the thread titles for clarity.) I'll start each one off with a brief, simple description of what that thread should feature and discuss. Then, please by all means add whatever you'd like.
    I'll almost certainly only be posting on the first two of those threads. Members are free to figure things out themselves, and post whatever they like on threads 3 and 4.

Duplicate videos and articles may well be removed from any of the threads. That's simply to make the threads easier to read and follow — for everyone.

We do fully understand that in many cases, duplicates have been posted precisely because the threads have become confused and hard to search. We know that most people posting duplicates had no idea the material had already been shared.

This is not a censure of anyone at all. We're purely doing our best to be good librarians here, and as mentioned above, we're open to suggestions to improve or optimize this even further.

Thanks for your own patience and understanding. This isn't happening "late in the game" — on the contrary, we're convinced this has only all started. So our intention is that the new thread categories may be truly helpful and valuable to members and guests for (alas! ) many months to come.
    Last edited by Bill Ryan; 3rd April 2020 at 20:14.

34. The Following 52 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Adi (13th April 2020), Agape (8th April 2020), Alan (3rd April 2020), aoibhghaire (4th April 2020), Arcturian108 (3rd April 2020), Billy (3rd April 2020), boja (3rd April 2020), Bright Skies (4th April 2020), carnavas (3rd April 2020), CKH (8th April 2020), dan33 (16th April 2020), DaveToo (3rd April 2020), David Trd1 (5th April 2020), DeDukshyn (3rd April 2020), Denise Ropota (9th December 2022), Denise/Dizi (5th April 2020), Dick (3rd April 2020), Elainie (3rd April 2020), Eligos (3rd April 2020), Eric J (Viking) (4th April 2020), ExomatrixTV (3rd April 2020), fractal being (3rd April 2020), Franny (4th April 2020), Free Bird (4th April 2020), frodo13 (5th April 2020), gord (4th April 2020), Gracy (3rd April 2020), Icare (7th April 2020), Inaiá (4th April 2020), Inversion (5th April 2020), jcking (6th April 2020), justntime2learn (3rd April 2020), kfm27917 (4th April 2020), Molope (3rd April 2020), Patient (3rd April 2020), Referee (19th June 2020), Sadieblue (5th April 2020), Salv8tion (4th April 2020), Samson (9th May 2020), silvanelf (3rd April 2020), Snoweagle (5th April 2020), Sophocles (4th April 2020), spade (5th April 2020), Sue (Ayt) (4th April 2020), sunwings (23rd April 2020), Tam (5th April 2020), TargeT (3rd April 2020), Tintin (3rd April 2020), TravelerJim (4th April 2020), twin fig (3rd April 2020), Wind (3rd April 2020), Yoda (4th April 2020)

Closed Thread
Page 154 of 154 FirstFirst 1 54 104 144 154