Closed Thread
Page 68 of 154 FirstFirst 1 18 58 68 78 118 154 LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,360 of 3077

Thread: The Wuhan Coronavirus [Covid-19, the Honey Badger virus]

1. Link to Post #1341
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,151 times in 3,856 posts

Default Re: The Wuhan Coronavirus [Covid-19, the Honey Badger virus]

Quote Best tragicomic position what they put us in.
    Well, there is a mask shortage there, but soon it could be here. You never know. We can be just as clever. Hopefully, we can stop them from doing
    this to us.... And as I've been saying, There's alot of ppl guilty of PREMEDITATED MURDER.....

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Maia Gabrial For This Post:

Bill Ryan (5th March 2020), justntime2learn (5th March 2020), Sadieblue (5th March 2020), Tangri (5th March 2020), Tintin (5th March 2020), wondering (5th March 2020)

3. Link to Post #1342
    Language
    German
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,420 times in 685 posts

Only one form of contagion travels faster than a virus. And that’s fear.

― Dan Brown, Inferno

It appears reaction to Coronavirus® has wreaked more carnage globally than the virus itself. Although a 2-3% mortality rate is nothing to sneeze at, it’s not exactly a Biblical plague either; even if virtually none of it passes the sniff test.

Given how Coronavirus® has been reported, coupled with how it’s been handled, its dubious origins, the alleged number of infected and deceased, as well as the age and general health of those who are reported to have died….something stinks.

As I indicated in my last article, it seems Coronavirus® has, indeed, become the new Terrorism®. The dark powers want the panic. They need the hysteria. Why? For diversion, control, or all the above.

There can be no doubt the mainstream media is NOT trying to downplay COVID-19. Just the opposite. Except what makes this latest remarketing of coronavirus different than 911®, Weapons of Mass Destruction®, and The War on Terror®, is that, this time, the Alternative Internet is on board – even to the point of citing Orwellian Media sources.

In any event, healthy skepticism is not close-mindedness, per se, because we may one day have a genuine pandemic on our hands. But Coronavirus® doesn’t present the way one would expect if real. Instead, the hysteria has a sort of Y2K vibe to it all.

So I ask you, Dear Reader, what if all the numbers and the reporting regarding the contagiousness, infectivity, and mortality of Coronavirus® were completely erroneous? Or, worse…, complete bullsh*t like the Russian Dossier and the whistleblower behind Operation Ukrainian Impeachment.

What if the Chinese were punked?

What if every single human being on earth who has ever lived, has had coronaviruses in their system at one time or another and the math was exactly the same?

What if SARS and MERS were similar psyops played out…. when? During peak flu season.

Because, if all the fundamentals are wrong, then so will be the conclusions.

Let us count the ways Coronavirus® fails to pass the sniff test:

1.) The Hype
    Again, this blogger’s speculation is that Coronavirus® is the remarketing of coronavirus via COVID-19®, and the selective reporting is the hype. Because this urgency behind Coronavirus® in the news makes African AIDS look like the sniffles.

It also has become completely obvious that certain names/entities consistently appear in the COVID-19® coverage (in both the mainstream and alternative media): The Gates Foundation, John Hopkins University, and UK’s The Guardian.

From last fall: Event 201, a pandemic exercise to illustrate preparedness efforts

The Johns Hopkins Center for Health Security in partnership with the World Economic Forum and the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation hosted Event 201, a high-level pandemic exercise on October 18, 2019, in New York, NY. The exercise illustrated areas where public/private partnerships will be necessary during the response to a severe pandemic in order to diminish large-scale economic and societal consequences.

(More on that in # 3 below)

And this from a few days ago:

Governments Will Use The Coronavirus Card To Downgrade Estimates And Increase Interventionism

The John Hopkins University Coronavirus Global Cases Monitor shows that the mortality rate of the epidemic is very low. At the close of this article, 87,470 cases, 2,990 deaths and 42,670 recovered.

It is normal for the media to focus on the first two figures, but I think it is important to remember the last one. The recovered figure is more than ten times the deceased one. This should not make the reader ignore the epidemic, but it is also worth reading the scientific study that shows that the death rate in citizens under 60 is less than 1.3%, 0.2% in young population, and on average it is a maximum of 4% (“The Epidemiological Characteristics of an Outbreak of 2019 Novel Coronavirus Diseases”, February 2020).

Additionally, the John Hopkins people have been incessantly interviewed throughout the cable news universe.

Now consider the timeline: On Sunday, February 2, 2020, the first COVID-19 death outside of China was reported:

Global development

Coronavirus: first death outside China recorded as total fatalities pass 300

Man from Wuhan has died in a Philippines hospital, says WHO, as Xi Jinping orders 1,400 more medical workers into Wuhan

Global development is supported by
    Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation

Sun 2 Feb 2020 11.08 EST

Indeed. The Gates Foundation. And the hits keep coming.

What about the timing of the first recorded COVID-19® death that occurred outside of China? It was one day before the Iowa Caucuses were held (2-3-2020) where the results were massaged to raise Mayor Pete over Bernie and bump Biden to the bare minimum viability.

It was also two days before the Diamond Princess cruise ship was quarantined in Japan (more on this in # 4 below) and three days before Trump was acquitted in the Senate.

Certainly, it would be a stretch to believe the hype behind a “new” global virus would be geared to somehow affect the 2020 U.S. Presidential Election… but in the age of 911, Russiagate, and Operation Ukrainian Impeachment – would anything surprise me?

Nope. Probably not.

However, it could be that everything we’re seeing regarding COVID-19 is real; which would be amazing since it would be the first time in decades the Orwellian Media got it right. Maybe even the first time ever.

And, now, it’s been reported Coronavirus® “threatens to disrupt” the 2020 Campaign.

Empty stadiums and no more selfie lines? Coronavirus becomes 2020 X-factor.

If the virus does spread, the mechanical implications for campaigns could be profound.

And what about The Guardian? Always The Guardian:

Coronavirus: Pence defends Trump Jr claim Democrats want ‘millions’ to die | World news | The Guardian

Why, those tenacious Brits are everywhere. Even on the ground in Washington State?

Coronavirus: Washington state nursing home placed on lockdown | World news | The Guardian

Because Coronavirus® is everywhere. All day. Every day.

An especially good benchmark is what’s being reported via cellphone apps because these are primarily what the Bubbleheads see. The headlines are also queued onto internet browsers and e-mail platforms.

This from Yahoo News recently:

Global virus death toll tops 3,000 as cases soar around world

But after several paragraphs of doom, we read, way down the page, that the second death in Washington State was…

….a man in his 70s with underlying conditions….

Again, nothing to sneeze at, but still not the Bubonic Plague either, as it seems to be presented in the media.

Like SARS, coronavirus is pneumonia. But is COVID-19® worthy of the hype with a 1-3% mortality rate? Especially, when most of those who have died were considered “medically high risk”?

Again, it seems the panic over COVID-19® is causing more problems than the virus itself.

read more at https://www.theburningplatform.com/2...t/#more-213730

4. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to kfm27917 For This Post:

Agape (5th March 2020), Apulu (5th March 2020), Bill Ryan (5th March 2020), Craig (5th March 2020), earthdreamer (5th March 2020), EFO (6th March 2020), Eligos (5th March 2020), Frank V (5th March 2020), justntime2learn (5th March 2020), Kamikaze (5th March 2020), onawah (5th March 2020), Pam (5th March 2020), Sadieblue (5th March 2020), Sue (Ayt) (5th March 2020), Tintin (5th March 2020), TrumanCash (5th March 2020), wondering (5th March 2020)

5. Link to Post #1343
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,331 times in 2,365 posts

Quote Posted by pyrangello (here)
    When influenza hit in 1918, the deadly run of it hit when it came around for the second time, My educated guess will be fall/winter of 2020 when it gets cold again will be the really tough strain on people here in the states. And my other educated guess is the reason why this was hammering china so hard was more people living closer together just like the cruise ships, giving it back to each other. Iran? I have no idea or Italy why its so aggressive there? .
    Last year I had a flu that came back around. I don't think this is rare for any cold or flu. The body doesn't know what to do with some viruses. It raises the temp, then lowers it, then gives up for awhile and you think it's gone, go back to work. Then the symptoms return when your body tries to kill it again. The worst thing you can do is hurry back to work or you will be seeing it again. And you'll have to explain to the boss that you're sick AGAIN, because mainstream "wisdom" is that this doesn't happen. If it hits the US very badly, there will be a lot of people affected because our work-or-else lifestyle lends itself to recurring illness.

6. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to TomKat For This Post:

Agape (5th March 2020), Bill Ryan (5th March 2020), bluestflame (5th March 2020), Ernie Nemeth (5th March 2020), Frank V (5th March 2020), Inaiá (5th March 2020), justntime2learn (5th March 2020), Pam (5th March 2020), pyrangello (5th March 2020), Sadieblue (6th March 2020), Sue (Ayt) (5th March 2020), TrumanCash (5th March 2020), wondering (5th March 2020)

7. Link to Post #1344
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,719 times in 203 posts

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    Quote Posted by ExomatrixTV (here)
    Yes, of course. But those numbers aren't doing this.

Hi Bill. Nice burn. The only thing that is dramatic about this graph are the colours, that fact that this a...graph and the impressive turn that the infected and confirmed cases took.

A visual representation of common cold viruses (such as coronavirus [the common one], bocavirus, rhinovirus etc) and the flu viruses (influenza A, B and C) during the flu season will look very dramatically as well.

8. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to holcaul For This Post:

Agape (5th March 2020), Bill Ryan (5th March 2020), bluestflame (5th March 2020), justntime2learn (5th March 2020), Pam (5th March 2020), Sadieblue (5th March 2020), Sue (Ayt) (5th March 2020), Tintin (5th March 2020), wondering (5th March 2020)

9. Link to Post #1345
    Thanks
    Thanked 39,382 times in 5,726 posts

I think my fear is he could just call off the elections after a case surge causes huge problems?

10. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Delight For This Post:

Agape (5th March 2020), anandacate (5th March 2020), Bill Ryan (5th March 2020), bluestflame (5th March 2020), Frank V (5th March 2020), justntime2learn (5th March 2020), Pam (5th March 2020), Sadieblue (5th March 2020), Sophocles (5th March 2020), Tintin (5th March 2020)

11. Link to Post #1346
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,697 times in 640 posts

A British man teaching in Wuhan describes his 3-week ordeal fighting the virus.

Day 9: Even the kitten hanging around my apartment seems to be feeling under the weather. It isn’t its usual lively self, and when I put down food it doesn’t want to eat. I don’t blame it – I’ve lost my appetite too.

Day 10: I’m still running a temperature. I’ve finished the quarter-bottle of whisky, and I don’t feel well enough to go out and get any more. It doesn’t matter: I don’t think hot toddies were making much difference.

Day 11: Suddenly, I’m feeling better, physically at least. The flu has lifted. But the poor kitten has died. I don’t know whether it had what I’ve got, or whether cats can even get human flu. I feel miserable.

Day 12: I’ve had a relapse. Just as I thought the flu was getting better, it has come back with a vengeance. My breathing is laboured. Just getting up and going to the bathroom leaves me panting and exhausted. I’m sweating, burning up, dizzy and shivering. The television is on but I can’t make sense of it. This is a nightmare.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ronavirus.html

12. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to sunwings For This Post:

Bill Ryan (5th March 2020), bluestflame (5th March 2020), carnavas (5th March 2020), Dennis Leahy (5th March 2020), Dick (5th March 2020), Ernie Nemeth (5th March 2020), Eva2 (5th March 2020), Frank V (5th March 2020), frodo13 (5th March 2020), Inaiá (5th March 2020), justntime2learn (5th March 2020), onevoice (5th March 2020), Pam (5th March 2020), Rosco1 (5th March 2020), Sadieblue (5th March 2020), Sarah Rainsong (5th March 2020), Sophocles (5th March 2020), Sunny (5th March 2020), Tintin (5th March 2020)

13. Link to Post #1347
    Thanks
    Thanked 459,522 times in 32,931 posts

Quote Posted by sunwings (here)
    A British man teaching in Wuhan describes his 3-week ordeal fighting the virus.
    [ ... ]
    This is a nightmare.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ronavirus.html
    Thanks for that. It's very touching, and a reminder to us all that this isn't just about statistics and graphs.... real people are profoundly suffering out there.

Here's Chris Martenson's update from a little under 12 hours ago: as he does every day, he's offering the best commentary available on the net right now. His own statistics (half a million views per video, daily), show that.

Here's my own position, which I'd like to clarify again, if I may.

One or two people consider that I'm 'fearmongering'. I'm absolutely not. I'm one of the most cheerful and positive people there are. I'm just reporting facts, but I'm also not in denial. It's empowering to be well-informed. That's what Avalon stands for.

Once we're informed, then we can make good personal decisions. As I've said before, everyone reading this will be just fine, because you all know how to take good care of yourselves. The impacts will be social and economic — and now, maybe, political as well.

And it's not about 'deaths'. It's about the impact on healthcare services, the workforce, the supply chains, and everything else. And the current numbers of everything are very small right now, compared with the daily risks we all know about. But the reason why so many epidemiologists are taking this very seriously is because of the mathematical projection into the near future.

If everything stayed just as it right now, there's barely be a problem at all, apart from a cluster of personal tragedies and a temporary shortage of iPhones and new cars. But it might not stay that way. As some have analogized, this is rather like when you're on the beach and the sea suddenly retreats half a mile. That's not the best time to go taking photos, saying 'Wow!' and wondering what's happening.

Do keep posting about 5G and Jon Rappoport, if you like. It's important that this is a wide-ranging discussion. But it also has to be fact-based, as much as we can all together intelligently keep it that way.

And please, add your own personal views, explaining why you think or feel something may be the case. As a community here, we can figure this thing out if we keep on talking and listening to one another.

If I get frustrated sometimes, I apologize. It's just that I feel I see this so very clearly. And quite a few videos and articles which in my strong opinion are incorrectly founded have been posted in some cases many times over.

Many of you may have noticed that nevertheless, I've taken care to thank every post on the thread. But if I disagree with something, I'll present my case as clearly as possible... and I'm not just copying and pasting other people's articles or videos without any added comment. I'm thinking for myself here, as cogently as I can, and sharing my opinions and the reasons I have for them.

What am I going to do today? I'm heading to the high mountains with my dog. (Just as Geophyz goes and sleeps in the forest and listens to the wisdom of the oak trees.) The best grounding palliative for anything... almost as good as Vitamin C!

You may not have a dog, or any mountains nearby, but there are always healthy, creative, balancing things you can do to stay grounded, aware, and positive. If you take yourself away from the thread for a few days, please come back later and continue the discussion. Everyone one of you is valued here.

14. The Following 41 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

anandacate (5th March 2020), Ben (5th March 2020), bluestflame (5th March 2020), carnavas (5th March 2020), Dennis Leahy (5th March 2020), Dick (5th March 2020), edina (6th March 2020), Eligos (5th March 2020), Ernie Nemeth (5th March 2020), Frank V (5th March 2020), Franny (5th March 2020), Hym (6th March 2020), justntime2learn (5th March 2020), Karen (Geophyz) (5th March 2020), Kate (7th March 2020), kfm27917 (5th March 2020), kudzy (5th March 2020), mab777 (5th March 2020), mountain_jim (5th March 2020), onevoice (5th March 2020), Pam (5th March 2020), RogeRio (5th March 2020), Rosco1 (5th March 2020), Sadieblue (5th March 2020), Salv8tion (5th March 2020), Sarah Rainsong (5th March 2020), Satori (5th March 2020), silvanelf (5th March 2020), Sir Eltor (30th March 2020), Sophocles (5th March 2020), Spirithorse (5th March 2020), Stardad (5th March 2020), Sue (Ayt) (5th March 2020), Sunny (5th March 2020), sunwings (6th March 2020), thepainterdoug (5th March 2020), Tintin (5th March 2020), TrumanCash (5th March 2020), wobbegong (6th March 2020), wondering (5th March 2020), Yoda (5th March 2020)

15. Link to Post #1348
    United States Avalon Member mgray's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,508 times in 1,196 posts

My new post on what the US may face in the next week as well as this Spring.
    When in doubt, do the next right thing.
    My blog: http://grayseconomy.com

16. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to mgray For This Post:

Bill Ryan (6th March 2020), edina (5th March 2020), justntime2learn (5th March 2020), leavesoftrees (6th March 2020), Sadieblue (5th March 2020), Sunny (5th March 2020), thepainterdoug (5th March 2020), Tintin (5th March 2020), wondering (5th March 2020)

17. Link to Post #1349
    UK Moderator/Librarian/Administrator Tintin's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 47,789 times in 5,537 posts

Quote Posted by TrumanCash (here)
    I have been vacillating between whether this virus is anything to be concerned about or not. Now I see too many dots connecting for implementation of the NWO/1984 agenda of the elitists and their ET handlers--cashless world, global currency, global financial collapse, stock market crash, vaccinations/666 and chip implantation, police state/quarantines, etc, etc.

Also, please note on the "chip implantation" link above--That link goes to a page where there is another link to Aaron Russo's announcement about the Rockefeller goal of cashless society wherein everyone is chipped. This video has been removed by YouTube due to "hate speech". Is it 2020 or 1984?

...but saved and rescued for posterity, about 5 years ago, maybe more ( ) and has been in the Avalon Library for quite a while now as well It was the famous interview with Alex Jones recorded in I think 2006.

Downloadable here:

By the way Truman, I too have been vacillating - you are most definitely not alone there. And I enjoyed your contribution on this post here too.

I've been remaining as solidly grounded about it all as possible, and weighing as much up as sensibly as I can from all the available high quality contributions here on the thread, to help with the overall picture. As we'd have expected there is a lot of potential for cognitive dissonance to take hold.

A couple of things have been bubbling away under the Tintin foil hat recently which may be worth factoring in:

1/ Exercise Toxic Dagger that was taking place at the same time as the Skripal 'poisoning' two years ago - was this exercise a practice run with this very virus outbreak in mind?

2/ A reminder that the US has many dozens of known biolab facilities dotted around all over the place and some insight on that could be gleaned from this important documentary ('Diplomatic Viruses') made a couple of years ago.

It cannot be impossible that modified strains of a coronavirus being discussed here could have been released from any one of them, anywhere, at any time.

See this article: https://www.sott.net/article/375723-...ound-The-World

Anyway, just some food for thought while we keep abreast of developments.
    Last edited by Tintin; 28th March 2020 at 12:53.
    “If a man does not keep pace with [fall into line with] his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away.” - Thoreau

18. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Tintin For This Post:

anandacate (5th March 2020), Bill Ryan (6th March 2020), bluestflame (5th March 2020), Dennis Leahy (5th March 2020), Frank V (5th March 2020), Franny (5th March 2020), Hym (6th March 2020), Jean-Luc (5th March 2020), justntime2learn (5th March 2020), mountain_jim (5th March 2020), Pam (5th March 2020), Philippe (5th March 2020), RogeRio (5th March 2020), Sadieblue (6th March 2020), Sophocles (5th March 2020), thepainterdoug (5th March 2020), TrumanCash (5th March 2020), wondering (5th March 2020)

19. Link to Post #1350
    United States Avalon Member edina's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,172 times in 2,420 posts

This AP article is interesting on quite a few fronts.

In the AT culture which is very friendly, hikers are friendly folk, people don't shake hands, they fist bump. Norovirus outbreaks happen regularly and as much as people try to keep their hygeine up on the trail, it's not an easy thing to do.

Fist bumps rule.

Science Says: How risky is that virus? Your mind may mislead

Quote NEW YORK (AP) — Anna Alexander, a property manager in Virginia Beach, Virginia, started the day Monday thinking that she might avoid shaking hands because of the coronavirus outbreak. Then somebody stuck out a hand to shake.

She took it.

“I’m a business person,” Alexander, 65, explained. “But if somebody else does it next time, I might try to be careful because of the coronavirus.”

As the viral infections spread across the globe, everybody has to make a decision: How worried should I be about getting infected, and what should I do about it?
    This seems counter-intuitive, but it does make sense.... that said, I do have mask, and gloves. I bought them back in 2008/2009 ish time frame as part of general prep. (TEOTAWKI type scenario planning.)

Quote Those decisions can have wide impacts. “Seriously people — STOP BUYING MASKS!” tweeted U.S. Surgeon General Dr. Jerome M. Adams on Feb. 29. He explained masks aren’t effective in protecting the general public “but if healthcare providers can’t get them to care for sick patients, it puts them and our communities at risk!”
    It's probably a good idea to get a sense of what our personal "hot buttons" are...

QuoteEmotions are the filters through which we see the facts,” says David Ropeik, a retired Harvard instructor on risk communication.

And this virus outbreak presents a list of “hot buttons ... that ramp up our perception of risk” and sometimes make those perceptions differ from the evidence-based conclusions of medical officials, says Paul Slovic, a psychology professor at the University of Oregon.

For example, it’s new and unfamiliar, unlike the usual seasonal flu that kills a lot more people every year than coronavirus has. It doesn’t appear to be fully understood. And it seems hard to control, either by public health authorities or our own actions.

“We see there is no vaccine that can prevent it,” he said. It can spread through airborne droplets released by infected people, but we can’t be sure the people we meet are truly healthy, which also undercuts any sense of personal control, he said.

As Ropeik put it, in the face of a new and poorly understood threat “we start feeling like we don’t know what we need to do to protect ourselves, and that feels like powerlessness, a lack of control, like driving down the road but with your eyes closed.”

Meanwhile, the information people get from the news and social media is “not particularly reassuring,” Slovic said. “The geographic risk of this seems to be rapidly expanding” and within any country the case numbers start relatively small and then grow, without any known upper bound, he said. And reports focus on people getting sick and dying, not those who’ve become infected and had only mild symptoms, he said. “We’re getting only the scary information.”

What’s more, Ropeik said, “everybody is telling everybody about it” in news and social media, which amplifies the perceived risk.

Ropeik said the coronavirus triggers thinking about years of warnings about lethal pandemics. “This idea of the new disease being a major killer is an idea that has been burned into our recent fear memory,” he said.

Vincent Covello, director of the Center for Risk Communication, based in New York, provided a list of 17 psychological factors that he said can influence how individuals gauge the risks of coronavirus. For example, he said, people are often more concerned about events if they don’t trust the authorities or institutions in charge. They’re more concerned about involuntary things, like exposure to an infected person, than voluntary ones, like smoking or sunbathing. And they’re often more concerned about risks that have delayed effects, like the lag time between infection and symptoms, than those with an immediate effect, like poisoning.

So how can people minimize the risk of overreaction in themselves and others? Don’t spread the word about every little development, including minor missteps by government authorities, Ropeik says. And “don’t just share the scary parts,” but also include things like infection usually causing only mild to moderate symptoms.

Finally, “don’t be a 24/7 information victim,” he said. “Log off, put your phone down, pick up a book ... Shut down your risk radar screen for a while.... You’re probably just as much at risk or safe tomorrow as you are now, whether you stay online all the time or not.”
    I'd like to add that I learned years ago that action is a great counterbalance to anxiety. And also action leads to competence which leads to confidence.

Balance is a mind-saver.

Lots of great action ideas in all the virus threads here in Avalon.

Thanks to ALL who have contributed.
    I happily co-create a balanced world culture harmonized with Infinite Intelligence. ~ edina (Renaissance Humanity)

20. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to edina For This Post:

Ben (5th March 2020), Bill Ryan (6th March 2020), bluestflame (5th March 2020), Dick (5th March 2020), Ernie Nemeth (5th March 2020), Frank V (5th March 2020), Franny (5th March 2020), justntime2learn (5th March 2020), Kate (6th March 2020), mgray (5th March 2020), onevoice (5th March 2020), Pam (5th March 2020), Sadieblue (6th March 2020), Sarah Rainsong (5th March 2020), Satori (5th March 2020), Sue (Ayt) (5th March 2020), Tintin (5th March 2020), wondering (5th March 2020)

21. Link to Post #1351
    Language
    German
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,420 times in 685 posts

Media Whipping Covid19 Panic to Unprecedented Heights
    Is this just mass hysteria, or is a major play in the pipeline?
    Kit Knightly

Another day, another round of shrill headlines. The coronavirus could spread to “every country in the world” (like chickenpox), we might have to cancel the Olympics. Ban handshakes! We’re running out of masks!

We’ve been over the statistics, there’s no need to go over them again. Thus far, scientifically speaking, the Coronavirus is nothing all that remarkable.

And yet…here we are. A world on the verge of all-out, no-holds-barred panic.

Two days ago the scare was related to a woman in Japan who allegedly got the disease twice.

Today the authoritarians mouths are watering over discussion of stadium quarantines in Australia and the possibility of the military having to aid the struggling NHS in the UK.

Fewer than fifty people, total, have been infected across those two countries.

The media are certainly taking to the task of spreading as much hysteria as they can, as quickly as they can.

The Guardian is especially on the ball, as they always seem to be when it comes to spreading baseless, ephemeral fear. Firstly they have a neat little “fact check” piece, trying to stop people gaining any sense of perspective.

“Yes, it is worse than the flu: busting the coronavirus myths”, it headlines, before telling us coronavirus is “10 times more deadly” than the flu, which they claim has a death rate of “only 0.1%”.

This is a)clearly aimed at countering articles like this one that try to bring some realism to bear (apparently that now counts as myth-making), and b)so deceptive it verges on a total lie.

If you include every single known or estimated case of flu in the world then sure you can bring the death rate down to 0.1%. But if you more properly compare hospitalised flu cases with the hospitalised COVID19 cases, the regular flu actually has a much highermortality rate. 5.6% (in the US) compared with 1-3%.

So, why aren’t they closing the world down to save us from this familiar but deadly pathogen?

Elsewhere, one headline warns us of the dangers of “superspreaders”, and another declares that “An epidemic is coming: Europe struggles to contain coronavirus.” It doesn’t mention that the “epidemic” Europe is “struggling to contain” has only infected 1093 people on the entire continent, or that only 23 of them have died. (They have since changed the headline to something less theatrical)

That’s just the “facts” (formerly sacred), the opinion is even better.

Gabby Hinsliff, the forgettable face of the dystopian future-builders, think’s Britain is “too selfish” to properly deal with the coronavirus these days (all 20 victims of it).

more at
    https://off-guardian.org/2020/02/29/...ented-heights/

22. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to kfm27917 For This Post:

Bill Ryan (6th March 2020), Franny (5th March 2020), justntime2learn (5th March 2020), Pam (5th March 2020), RogeRio (5th March 2020), Sadieblue (6th March 2020), thepainterdoug (5th March 2020), Tintin (5th March 2020), wondering (5th March 2020)

23. Link to Post #1352
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,554 times in 20,694 posts

Viruses are pH Sensitive
    Dr. Marc Sircus
    March 4, 2020
    https://drsircus.com/general/viruses-are-ph-sensitive/

(many hyperlinks in the article to other relevant articles which are not provided here)

"There are certain important subjects that doctors and world health officials do not want you to know about. The fact that most viruses and all physiological processes in the body are pH sensitive is one of them. Despite the fact that pH medicine offers us a key to treating viral infections that is easy, safe and inexpensive, they and even alternative health care providers just cannot wrap their heads around baking soda as one of the most important medicines we can use to fight the coronavirus.

Researchers at the Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH) in the US have uncovered the ‘Achilles’ heel’ of most viruses which plague mankind are on target, there are vulnerabilities that can be exploited but what they are looking at is not practical or helpful in our fight against viral infections. The so-called ‘Achilles heel’ (or vulnerable point) of most viruses can be exploited by pulling the pH rug out from under them.

The ability of influenza virus to release its genome under different acidic conditions is linked to the transmission of influenza virus. The threshold pH at which fusion is first observed can vary among different serotypes of membrane protein hemagglutinin (HA) and may correlate with virulence. The acid stability of HA has been linked to the successful transmission of virus between avian and human hosts.

Coronavirus infectivity is exquisitely sensitive to pH. For example, the MHV-A59 strain of coronavirus is quite stable at pH 6.0 (acidic) but becomes rapidly and irreversibly inactivated by brief treatment at pH 8.0 (alkaline). Human coronavirus strain 229E is maximally infective at pH 6.0. Infection of cells by murine coronavirus A59 at pH 6.0 (acidic) rather than pH 7.0 (neutral) yields a tenfold increase in the infectivity of the virus.

Data suggests that the coronavirus IBV employs a direct, low-pH-dependent virus-cell fusion activation reaction. “Fusion of the coronavirus IBV with host cells does not occur at neutral pH and that fusion activation is a low-pH-dependent process, with a half-maximal rate of fusion at pH 5.5. Little or no fusion occurred above a pH of 6.0.”

Raising pH (to an alkaline state) increases the immune system’s ability to kill bacteria, concludes The Royal Free Hospital and School of Medicine in London. The viruses and bacteria which cause bronchitis and colds thrive in an acidic environment. Keeping our pH in the slightly alkaline range of 6.8-7.2 can reduce the risk and lessen the severity of colds, sore throats and bouts of influenza.

When we thoroughly add alkalinity we invariably have mild attacks of viral infections and the same is true for bacterial and fungus infections. There is significant decrease in median number of colony forming bacteria and fungi in the lungs of pneumonia patients when sodium bicarbonate is used compared to saline.

Medical scientists have already concluded that a 8.4% solution of bicarbonate is safe inhibitory drug for respiratory bacterial, fungal, and mycobacterial growth. Slow infusions of NaHCO3 (bicarbonate) can also be used to treat non-anion gap metabolic acidosis and some forms of increased anion gap acidosis, a common enough problem in ICU patients with serious lung infections.

Viruses infect host cells by fusion with cellular membranes at low pH. Thus they are classified as “pH-dependent viruses.” Drugs that increase intracellular pH (alkalinity within the cell) have been shown to decrease infectivity of pH-dependent viruses. Since such drugs can provoke negative side effects, the obvious answer are natural techniques that can produce the same results. There is no pharmaceutical that can compete with sodium bicarbonate for changing the pH of the bodies fluids.

Fusion of viral and cellular membranes is pH dependent. “Fusion depends on the acidification of the endosomal compartment. Fusion at the endosome level is triggered by conformational changes in viral glycoproteins induced by the low pH of this cellular compartment.”[1] In membrane biology, fusion is the process by which two initially distinct lipid bilayers merge their hydrophobic cores, resulting in one interconnected structure. It has been suggested that the hepatitis C virus (HCV) infects host cells through a pH-dependent internalization mechanism. This HCVpp-mediated fusion was dependent on low pH, with a threshold of 6.3 and an optimum at about 5.5.[2] When pH drops to 6 or below, rapid fusion between the membranes of viruses and the liposomes occurs.

Takeda Pharmaceutical is joining Gilead Sciences and AbbVie as the latest drugmaker to work on developing a coronavirus vaccine. The experimental drug would be derived from the blood of coronavirus patients who have recovered from the respiratory disease. “While we don’t know for sure that it will work, we think it’s definitely a relevant asset that could be of help here,” said Dr. Rajeev Venkayya, president of Takeda’s vaccines business. pH medicine will definitively work because viruses are pH dependent and sodium bicarbonate is available everywhere and costs almost next to nothing. In hospitals bicarbonate is easily administered intravenously.

Inhibition of vesicular stomatitis virus (VSV) replication in LB cells by interferon (IFN) is pH sensitive. Using sensitive intracellular pH (pHi) indicators, researchers found that IFN treatment significantly raised the pHi. The increase in pHi correlated with an enhancement of the antiviral activity of IFN by primary amines. These results indicated that the IFN-induced increase in pHi may be responsible for the accumulation of G in the TGN, thereby producing G-deficient virus particles with reduced infectivity.[3]

Solar light is another important factor producing viral
    inactivation, through the action of UV radiation. Viruses
    survive better in the dark than when exposed to sunlight.

The foot-and-mouth disease virus (FMDV) capsid is highly acid labile and tends to dissociate into pentameric subunits at acidic condition to release viral RNA for initiating virus replication.

Understanding Cell Voltage, pH and Oxygen Levels

Wherever the body has low voltage, the cells begin to have problems that get more serious the lower the voltage (pH) goes. The lower the voltage goes, the lower the pH goes, and the lower oxygen levels go, and that means CO2 levels are going south as well. Chronic disease is associated with loss of voltage, lower pH values (acid conditions), as well as low O2 and CO2 levels. This means that alkaline tissues have more oxygen in them.

Wherever the body becomes acidic, voltage drops as does tissue oxygen levels. What is pH after all? It is ultimately a measure of redox potential. Redox potential is a measure of whether electrons are available in surplus (and thus are “electron donors”) or whether electrons are deficient (and thus are “electron stealers”). Electrons are necessary for life and are needed for health and in high quantities for healing and the growth of new cells.

Dr. David Brownstein wrote, “The human body is constantly removing old and injured cells and replacing them with healthy new cells. This process can only occur if the voltage of the cells is maintained at an optimal level. This process works more effectively when we are young as compared to when we are older. In the body (or in a solution), voltage is a direct reflection of pH, which is a measure of the degree of acidity or alkalinity of a solution, measured on a scale of 1 to 14. The human body’s pH level is a direct reflection of its voltage. A low pH reading (highly acidic) indicates a low voltage state. Conversely, a high pH reading (highly alkaline) means a high voltage state.”

The amount of oxygen in cells is determined by voltage. If a cell has adequate voltage, it will also have adequate oxygen. If cellular voltage is low, the amount of oxygen in the tissues will be low. This applies to metabolism as well. When voltage and oxygen are low, metabolism becomes anaerobic, which means that oxygen is unavailable.

What’s Happening

Jan 24: Treatment Recommendations For New Virus That Is Shutting Down Entire Cities
    Jan 27: Coronavirus Epidemic – Should We Panic Yet?
    Jan 28: Coronavirus Killing Even Healthy People?
    Jan 29: The Joke of Medical Quarantines
    Jan 30: Navigating Viral Storms and Avoiding Death
    Jan 31: Dosages and Treatments for Coronavirus Infections
    Feb 3: Glutathione Against the Coronavirus
    Feb 6: They Don’t Want You to Know Basic Viral Treatments – Water is the Most Basic Treatment
    Feb 10: World Ready to Freak?
    Feb 13: World Health Experts Have It Wrong
    Feb 17: Deadly Viral and Economic Reapers
    Feb 19: Mild Mannered Coronavirus
    Feb 24: The World Is Running Out Of Time
    Feb 28: Virus, 5G and Pollution Combine to Destroy Wuhan
    Mar 2: Untrustworthy Coronavirus Tests and Statistics
    SEE REFERENCES ▼
    [1] Viral membrane fusion: is glycoprotein G of rhabdoviruses a representative of a new class of viral fusion proteins? Braz J Med Biol Res ;vol.38 no.6; Ribeirão Preto June 2005; http://www.scielo.br/scielo.php?scri...X2005000600002

[2] Hepatitis C virus glycoproteins mediate low pH-dependent membrane fusion with liposomes; Lavillette D et al; J Biol Chem. 2006 Feb 17;281(7):3909-17. Epub 2005 Dec 15; http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16356932

[3] Primary amines enhance the antiviral activity of interferon against a membrane virus: role of intracellular pH; Maheshwari RK et al; J Gen Virol.; 1991 Sep;72 ( Pt 9):2143-52. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1654374
    Each breath a gift...

24. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Bill Ryan (6th March 2020), carnavas (5th March 2020), Dennis Leahy (5th March 2020), Frank V (5th March 2020), Franny (5th March 2020), Hym (6th March 2020), jaybee (6th March 2020), justntime2learn (5th March 2020), mountain_jim (5th March 2020), onevoice (5th March 2020), Pam (5th March 2020), Philippe (5th March 2020), Sadieblue (6th March 2020), Sue (Ayt) (5th March 2020), thepainterdoug (5th March 2020), Tintin (6th March 2020), wondering (5th March 2020)

25. Link to Post #1353
    United States Moderator Karen (Geophyz)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,886 times in 612 posts

I found out today that the little city nearest me has a case of the virus, a woman who just came back from Italy has symptoms and has been told to self isolate.

Fortunately I have no reason to "go to town" for quite some time. But I have to admit it is a bit unnerving. I am lucky enough to work from home so it will not affect me much but I pray for my friends, family and the earth in general.

26. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Karen (Geophyz) For This Post:

Bill Ryan (6th March 2020), Dennis Leahy (5th March 2020), Frank V (5th March 2020), Franny (5th March 2020), Hym (6th March 2020), Inaiá (5th March 2020), justntime2learn (5th March 2020), Pam (5th March 2020), Sadieblue (6th March 2020), Sunny (6th March 2020), thepainterdoug (5th March 2020), Tintin (6th March 2020)

27. Link to Post #1354
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,027 times in 2,189 posts

A lot of people are out debunking this but it is rather incredible that these coincidences even exists.

Eyes of Darkness Published in 1981by Dean Koontz

Did a 1981 Dean Koontz thriller predict the coronavirus outbreak? Here are extracts from novel which chillingly refers to deadly viral infection named after Wuhan-400

28. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to rgray222 For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (5th March 2020), Bill Ryan (6th March 2020), Dennis Leahy (5th March 2020), Hym (6th March 2020), Kamikaze (5th March 2020), Pam (5th March 2020), Rosco1 (10th March 2020), Sadieblue (6th March 2020), thepainterdoug (5th March 2020), Tintin (6th March 2020), wondering (5th March 2020)

29. Link to Post #1355
    Thanks
    Thanked 78,332 times in 8,672 posts

Really appreciated that Viruses are pH Sensitive article.

I had already been reading up on these factors (pH, voltage, oxygen-levels) as it relates to the basis for a friend's methods for dealing with his bladder cancer based on earlier science not currently AMA supported. He is following a related treatment path rather than agreeing to bladder removal.
    I don't believe anything, but I have many suspicions. - Robert Anton Wilson

The present as you think of it, and in practical working terms, is that point at which you select your physical experience from all those events that could be materialized. - Seth (The Nature of Personal Reality - Session 656, Page 293)

(avatar image: Brocken spectre, a wonderful phenomenon of nature I have experienced and a symbol for my aspirations.)

30. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to mountain_jim For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (5th March 2020), Bill Ryan (6th March 2020), Dennis Leahy (5th March 2020), Frank V (5th March 2020), Franny (5th March 2020), Inaiá (5th March 2020), justntime2learn (5th March 2020), Pam (5th March 2020), RogeRio (5th March 2020), Sadieblue (6th March 2020), Sunny (6th March 2020), thepainterdoug (5th March 2020), Tintin (6th March 2020), wondering (5th March 2020)

31. Link to Post #1356
    United States Avalon Member thepainterdoug's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,269 times in 3,170 posts

Amazing to me the Dean Koontz book attached above. And I keep thinking of the original movie The Andromeda Strain , in which all died from this virus unless your P H was high or low. The normal PH Range is where the virus thrived so a crying baby and a drunk drinking sterno were unaffected . https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0066769/

btw/ what is in a test kit? what are they reading? just temperature? and if so why are test kits needed if you have a thermometer ?

32. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to thepainterdoug For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (5th March 2020), Bill Ryan (6th March 2020), Dennis Leahy (5th March 2020), Frank V (5th March 2020), Hym (6th March 2020), Inaiá (5th March 2020), justntime2learn (5th March 2020), mountain_jim (5th March 2020), Pam (5th March 2020), Rosco1 (10th March 2020), Sadieblue (6th March 2020), Sue (Ayt) (5th March 2020), Tintin (6th March 2020), wondering (5th March 2020)

33. Link to Post #1357
    Thanks
    Thanked 56,437 times in 8,340 posts

I just heard a tip.

If you have any old vacuum cleaner bags lying around your home that have the HEPA stamp on them, you can cut them up to make DIY maskes.
    ..................................................my first language is TYPO..............................................

34. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to norman For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (5th March 2020), Bill Ryan (6th March 2020), Frank V (5th March 2020), justntime2learn (5th March 2020), Pam (5th March 2020), Sadieblue (6th March 2020), Sarah Rainsong (5th March 2020), Tintin (6th March 2020), varuna (5th March 2020), wondering (5th March 2020)

35. Link to Post #1358
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,528 times in 642 posts

Here's our friend Max Igan. At least he doesn't buy this b-S

Come on Bill--come on folks, let's look a little deeper. "Don't buy into the fear."

Last edited by Caliban; 5th March 2020 at 22:10.

36. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Caliban For This Post:

Bill Ryan (6th March 2020), Rosco1 (10th March 2020), Sadieblue (6th March 2020), Tintin (6th March 2020)

37. Link to Post #1359
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,249 times in 1,238 posts

Quote Posted by Caliban (here)
    He also doesn't buy that Earth is spherical. Doesn't make him very credible as someone with a founded opinion.

38. Link to Post #1360
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,528 times in 642 posts

Quote Posted by Frank V (here)
    Quote Posted by Caliban (here)
    He also doesn't buy that Earth is spherical. Doesn't make him very credible as someone with a founded opinion.
    Yeah, he does. He disavowed that flat earth stuff. He explained that mental anomaly in a follow up video. He was under some kind of attack. I give him the benefit of the doubt because he's a rock solid researcher and presenter who's walked a lot of miles putting info out there for us.

39. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Caliban For This Post:

Bill Ryan (6th March 2020), Frank V (5th March 2020), Sadieblue (6th March 2020), Tintin (6th March 2020), wondering (5th March 2020)

Closed Thread
Page 68 of 154 FirstFirst 1 18 58 68 78 118 154 LastLast