Closed Thread
Page 54 of 154 FirstFirst 1 4 44 54 64 104 154 LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 3077

Thread: The Wuhan Coronavirus [Covid-19, the Honey Badger virus]

1. Link to Post #1061
    Thanks
    Thanked 459,242 times in 32,909 posts

Default Re: The Wuhan Coronavirus [Covid-19, the Honey Badger virus]

Well, I'd give that press conference about 2/10. Maybe 1.5. Maybe not even that.

I'll be very interested to read the analyses, both in the mainstream and in the alt media. (I'll be particularly interested in what Alex Jones says.)

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

ExomatrixTV (27th February 2020), Frank V (27th February 2020), Franny (27th February 2020), Pam (27th February 2020), Sadieblue (27th February 2020), Sophocles (27th February 2020), Tintin (27th February 2020), Yoda (27th February 2020)

3. Link to Post #1062
    United States Avalon Member Chester's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,206 times in 5,691 posts

Hey Bill, what did you expect from a briefing by a US President to, primarily, the US?

I am here in the US and I am left with a feeling that the US Government is quite capable of achieving the best outcome possible, that the medical community here is of the best in the world and that the US response with regards to minimizing the potential fuller impact has been excellent.

The key data point is how quick the US stopped travel from China (and other countries as that has happened).

Another point to make (with a caveat)* is with regards to the rest of the world and specifically China is that the help offered cannot "help" if it is refused. The help being the expertise of the CDC. In addition, the claimed lack of transparency (some speculate, honesty) from China obviously makes it harder for experts at the CDC to make more definitive determinations and thus make recommendations as to what should be realistic further precautions to take relative to the fallout of overreaction. The line is fine between fear and panic.

It is very interesting to see Trump has finally wised up with regards to involving "outsiders" like appointing some "COVID19 Czar." Brilliant IMO to run it through the folks within his administration who are wholly capable of managing the situation.

Trump communicated the need to be vigilant, cautious and prepared for potential eventualities. This was clear and was made clear more than once, including during the followup Q&A.

Every aspect of the situation I wanted to be informed about, I was informed about. The confidence I wanted to come away with from this briefing is exactly what I now have.

*the caveat - I cannot know if the CDC folks are truly the top people in the world regarding these types of situations. I guess we'll see.
    All the above is all and only my opinion - all subject to change and not meant to be true for anyone else regardless of how I phrase it.

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Post:

Arcturian108 (27th February 2020), Bill Ryan (27th February 2020), Franny (27th February 2020), justntime2learn (27th February 2020), Pam (27th February 2020), Sadieblue (27th February 2020), Tintin (27th February 2020), wondering (27th February 2020)

5. Link to Post #1063
    United States Avalon Member Sarah Rainsong's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,530 times in 505 posts

This is a very good article out of Singapore that outlines possible scenarios. I'm on my phone so all I can do is give the link for now: https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news...demic-12471898
    The world is changed... I feel it in the water... I feel it in the earth... I smell it in the air...
    Much that once was is lost, for none now live who remember it.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sarah Rainsong For This Post:

Bill Ryan (27th February 2020), Pam (27th February 2020), Sadieblue (27th February 2020), Tintin (27th February 2020), wondering (27th February 2020)

7. Link to Post #1064
    United States Avalon Member Sarah Rainsong's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,530 times in 505 posts

Sammy, I've been following the CDC since this started. I don't find them helpful except for demonstrating how inept they are.

They should be updating everyday. They're not.

They should be testing WAY more people at this point. They're not.

They should be very clear about how many people are being monitored or however they care to term it. They're not.

It's obvious they have no intention of being transparent about what's going on, IF they even know themselves.

The WHO is not any better.

Worldometer had a coronavirus monitor that is upsetting [ah the irony of autocorrect! I mean updating] MUCH better information and faster than anything the CDC or WHO has out.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/
    The world is changed... I feel it in the water... I feel it in the earth... I smell it in the air...
    Much that once was is lost, for none now live who remember it.

8. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Sarah Rainsong For This Post:

Bill Ryan (27th February 2020), Dorjezigzag (27th February 2020), Franny (27th February 2020), Inaiá (27th February 2020), justntime2learn (27th February 2020), onawah (27th February 2020), onevoice (27th February 2020), Pam (27th February 2020), Sadieblue (27th February 2020), Tintin (27th February 2020), wondering (27th February 2020)

9. Link to Post #1065
    Thanks

Quote Posted by rainsong (here)
    This is a very good article out of Singapore that outlines possible scenarios. I'm on my phone so all I can do is give the link for now: https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news...demic-12471898
    Thanks, a very interesting article. Here it is. (Singapore has been setting an example in how to handle all this that the rest of the world could do well to follow.)

Commentary: Three scenarios if the COVID-19 outbreak gets worse
    27 Feb, 2020

SINGAPORE: The COVID-19 outbreak has us all on edge, seeing how badly it is affecting China and not knowing whether or when we’ll see similar scenes here.

Singapore’s response has been singled out for praise by WHO chief Dr Tedros Adhanom and Harvard don Professor Marc Lipsitch, but can we keep it up if the outbreak gets worse?

Even if Singapore is successful at containing the current wave of infections, developments in the rest of the world may seed subsequent waves of outbreak despite our best efforts at preventing further importations.

The rising numbers of infections in Italy, Iran, South Korea and Japan over the past week suggest this scenario cannot be ruled out.

It would be rash to say what we think will happen given the uncertainties involved. But it is only prudent for governments to consider scenarios for how the outbreak and its control may affect our lives in the months ahead, based on our studies of past outbreaks, and see if current plans can sufficiently tackle these challenges.

SCENARIO 1: THE OUTBREAK BECOMES WORSE BUT CAN BE CONTAINED

The first scenario is one where countries manage to bring the virus under control, despite numbers growing worldwide.

Through the unprecedented social distancing imposed by their government, the outbreak in China is brought under control within a few months.

Other countries manage to stop COVID-19 outbreaks from becoming established and the nature of transmission of the virus has led to its successful containment.

In Singapore, there is a sizable number of clusters because of our proximity to the worst affected countries, but each of these is brought under control by contact tracing, quarantine and isolation.

Because it looks controllable, government officers continue to work round-the-clock tracing contacts, and issuing quarantine orders. The number of cases never gets so high that hospital capacities are exceeded, though elective surgeries are postponed and healthcare workers are forced to work even longer hours than normal.

As the outbreak globally dies down, clusters in Singapore become fewer and smaller, and the economy starts to pick up again.

Locally, there may be a few dozen deaths. Globally the death toll exceeds SARS but doesn’t come close to the H1N1 influenza pandemic of 2009.

By the middle of the year, life for most people has gone back to normal, though there is a glut of toilet paper on Carousell.

SCENARIO 2: THE OUTBREAK BECOMES UNSTOPPABLE

A second scenario is less optimistic. By the time the outbreak has abated in China, through a mix of control efforts and the virus running out of people to infect, it has already established new foci in Europe, Asia and around the world.

More clusters start to appear in Singapore with no link to China. As more unlinked cases appear, eventually there is no point continuing travel restrictions and the government response switches from containment to mitigation.

After moving to the mitigation phase, intensive contact tracing has stopped, as cases are too numerous to track.

The focus switches to stopping the most vulnerable — the very young, the elderly and those with underlying conditions — from getting infected, and ensuring all those infected receive prompt treatment.

As the case counts rise, it starts to look as if hospitals may run out of capacity, so schools are closed and companies ask their staff to work from home to slow down the transmission so that the peak of the number of cases does not overwhelm hospitals.

After some time of rising case counts, and as hospitals get perilously close to running out of ICU beds, the number of cases begins to drop. Evidence starts to emerge that many people have been infected, but with mild symptoms, for the most part like a common cold or flu.

Through a combination of social distancing and herd immunity, the epidemic can no longer sustain itself. In a few more months it is all over.

Hundreds of Singaporeans have died, but the consensus is, it could have been much worse.

SCENARIO 3: THE MOTHER OF PANDEMICS

The third scenario outlines developments after new foci outside China keep growing and deaths begin to mount. Governments switch from trying to contain to trying to mitigate the new pandemic.

It becomes clear that the analogies to seasonal influenza were wrong, there are fewer mild cases than we thought, and a substantial fraction of infections need to be hospitalised.

Singapore move to DORSCON Red, and normal life grinds to a halt. Schools and workplaces are closed, a curfew is imposed, and field hospitals are established to take the overflow from the hospitals.

After several months, with thousands dead in Singapore, and millions worldwide, the number of cases begins to drop.

By the end of the outbreak, a shell-shocked world starts to pull itself together and implement reforms to better detect and respond to outbreaks, vowing this will never happen again.

THE RISK OF A WORSENING SITUATION HAS GROWN

The COVID-19 outbreak is an incredibly fast-moving event. Every day brings new information about the biology of the virus, how it spreads, what proportion of people are in critical condition, and new information about where in the world the virus now is.

Over the weekend we had news of large surges of yet-to-be-linked cases in Iran, Italy and South Korea. This has led experts around the world to believe that the window for limiting the epidemic to China is rapidly closing.

If COVID-19 is as transmissible here as it appears to be in China, then eventually a large-scale outbreak in Singapore will be unavoidable. Once it breaks the cordon of contact tracing, the virus will only stop when enough people have immunity through infection or vaccination.

If that should happen, our efforts now would have bought us a few months to be better prepared, for more and better information from Singapore and overseas to be available on the severity and origins of this virus, and for our doctors to have better treatment options and diagnostic measures.

Whether scenario 2 or 3 is more likely will depend on how accurate reporting has been. We saw similar uncertainty about H1N1 in 2009: That pandemic seemed extremely severe at first, but this was because the milder cases in Mexico were not being tallied well.

As more outbreaks, and deaths, occur outside China, just how severe this epidemic will be should soon become clear.

SHIFT IN RESPONSES NEEDED IF SITUATION EVOLVES FURTHER

The COVID-19 outbreak has the potential to be an unprecedented event within our lifetimes.

Singapore is at the forefront of the global response. However, the biology of the virus and global developments may require a shift in the response to the threat as the epidemic unrolls.

Right now, at an individual level, we can ensure we use good personal hygiene and limit contacts such as handshaking. Those of us who get infected can protect others by not going to work when we are sick, isolating ourselves and wearing a mask.

We should remember that a mild infection may feel like a regular cold to one person, but could be very serious for someone else catching the virus.

At the societal level, our forbearance of social distancing measures may be necessary if the outbreak does appear to follow the paths depicted in the second or third scenarios.

10. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

DeeMetrios (27th February 2020), Delight (27th February 2020), Frank V (27th February 2020), Franny (27th February 2020), Inaiá (27th February 2020), justntime2learn (27th February 2020), onevoice (27th February 2020), Pam (27th February 2020), pueblo (27th February 2020), Sadieblue (27th February 2020), Sarah Rainsong (27th February 2020), Sophocles (27th February 2020), Tintin (27th February 2020), Yoda (27th February 2020)

11. Link to Post #1066
    Thanks
    Thanked 39,379 times in 5,725 posts

Quote First U.S. coronavirus case of unknown origin confirmed in Northern California, CDC says
    BY DARRELL SMITH AND CATHIE ANDERSON
    FEBRUARY 26, 2020 04:31 PM

Officials with the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention confirmed the nation’s first coronavirus case of unknown origin Wednesday in Northern California in the latest sign of the virus’ rapid spread.

“It is a confirmed case. There is one in Northern California,” CDC spokesman Scott Pauley told The Sacramento Bee just before 4 p.m. Wednesday. Pauley declined to elaborate.

It was immediately unknown where in Northern California the case was discovered, but officials have begun to trace the person’s contacts as they sleuth out where and how the person may have become infected and whether others have been exposed, The Washington Post reports.
    I have been listening to some of
    Steve Bannon's podcasts.

One thing IMO is certain... the economy we have counted upon is on the way to the hospital needing ICU but Trump seems happy.

12. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Delight For This Post:

Bill Ryan (27th February 2020), DeeMetrios (27th February 2020), Franny (27th February 2020), justntime2learn (27th February 2020), Pam (27th February 2020), pueblo (27th February 2020), Sadieblue (27th February 2020), Sophocles (27th February 2020), thepainterdoug (27th February 2020), Tintin (27th February 2020), wondering (27th February 2020)

13. Link to Post #1067
    Canada Avalon Member frankstien's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,677 times in 325 posts

Jon Rappoport recommends this video regarding the CoronaVirus and 5G Tech--
    (I believe it was posted earlier on this thread)

The BEST NEWS re CΟRΟNΑ Virus you've heard all month! Kinda.

How to stage a fake epidemic (and brainwash billions of people)
    February 26, 2020
    by Jon Rappoport

https://blog.nomorefakenews.com/2020...ons-of-people/

“When gigantic mega-corporations steal land from Third World people and then poison these people with horrific pollution, why isn’t it called murder? Is that too stark? Does it offend delicate sensibilities? Would you say that a drug gang who shoots up a bar and kills ten innocent bystanders is just carrying out ‘typical business practices in their field of endeavor’, and should therefore never be prosecuted in a court of law on a charge of homicide?” (The Underground, Jon Rappoport)

—This article assembles facts contained in my ongoing series on the “China epidemic.” To get the details, I recommend going back and reading all those articles (archive here).

If a group wants to stage a fake and frightening epidemic, how would they do it?

First of all, what reasons would they have to launch such an audacious plan?

On one level, they want to cover up human harm that is already occurring. They want to explain this harm with a false story. For example, suppose a combination of deadly corporate air and water and 5G* electronic pollution is making people sick and killing them. The parties responsible are surely not going to admit their crimes. No. Instead, they’re going to claim a new virus is causing this harm in the form of, say, lung disease. The virus just “emerged.” “It showed up out of nowhere. It crossed species from animals to humans.”

So…the first thing needed is a cluster of cases in one locale. A small group of people who have the same symptoms. This is easy to find. How about ordinary flu symptoms? Fever, fatigue, weakness, with an emphasis on lung complications [from the forms of pollution]. A few of these people are very ill. Two of them die. Now, the publicity/news machine swings into gear.

It’s called an “outbreak.” It isn’t, but that’s the story. “They were all ‘exposed to something’” at, say, a riverfront dock restaurant.

The news—shoveled directly into mainstream outlets—comes from elite public health agencies like the CDC and the World Health Organization (WHO).

It’s an OUTBREAK.

To use a technical term, this is all BULL****.

Full article here--
    Last edited by frankstien; 27th February 2020 at 02:32.
    "If the media will show us airplanes disappearing into towers on 9/11--they'll show us ANYTHING and expect us to believe it."
    --frankstien

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to frankstien For This Post:

Bill Ryan (27th February 2020), DeeMetrios (27th February 2020), Pam (27th February 2020), Sadieblue (27th February 2020), Satori (27th February 2020), Tintin (27th February 2020), wondering (27th February 2020)

15. Link to Post #1068
    Thanks

Quote Posted by frankstien, quoting Jon Rappoport (here)
    On one level, they want to cover up human harm that is already occurring. They want to explain this harm with a false story. For example, suppose a combination of deadly corporate air and water and 5G* electronic pollution is making people sick and killing them. The parties responsible are surely not going to admit their crimes. No. Instead, they’re going to claim a new virus is causing this harm in the form of, say, lung disease.
    And at the same time, shut down most of their own functioning economy. Not a chance.

Quote Posted by Delight (here)
    ...but Trump seems happy.
    I have to say, I was pretty surprised how uninformed he was in his press conference. (But then, it depends who he's been briefed by.)

For me, it came over as pretty awful. If he intended it to be a show of leadership and confidence, that wasn't conveyed to me. The markets may signal their own opinion overnight and tomorrow.
    Last edited by Bill Ryan; 27th February 2020 at 03:33.

16. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Arcturian108 (28th February 2020), Delight (27th February 2020), Frank V (27th February 2020), Franny (27th February 2020), Inaiá (27th February 2020), justntime2learn (27th February 2020), Pam (27th February 2020), Sadieblue (27th February 2020), Sophocles (27th February 2020), thepainterdoug (27th February 2020), Tintin (27th February 2020), wondering (27th February 2020), Yoda (27th February 2020)

17. Link to Post #1069
    United States Avalon Member thepainterdoug's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,237 times in 3,167 posts

FOLLOW THE MONEY. In my opinion. No one would be faking this event, shutting down cities , destroying businesses, at the cost of billions of dollars in commerce , market losses and so on, for some false flag reason unless the reason will make bigger returns for those who planned it. And I don't know who that would be.

The Steve Bannon summation posted by Bill is the one that resonates with me. so Im going with that in mind.

President Trump tonight did a great job of being a politician, and calming fears as he needs to do. The contradictions were many , but I see the reasoning and agree a need to put this positive face on it. But the reality will be coming and even Trump let us know, you better start to plan your hunker down. And it was amazing to hear the truth that a vaccine is at least a year and a half away at best. So its going to be up to the individual.

its going to be Russian roulette when you walk out the door from her on. keep mindful of all common sense precautions and plan for the worst, and be pleasantly surprised if it turns out for the best.

Bill I understand how you felt about the Trump talk. But what was he going to tell us.?He said it in between the lines, but he's trying to keep investors in the game. Thats my guess.
    Last edited by thepainterdoug; 27th February 2020 at 03:35.

18. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to thepainterdoug For This Post:

Bill Ryan (27th February 2020), Chip (27th February 2020), Delight (27th February 2020), justntime2learn (27th February 2020), Pam (27th February 2020), Sadieblue (27th February 2020), Tintin (27th February 2020), wondering (27th February 2020)

19. Link to Post #1070
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,528 times in 20,692 posts

Just Like Her Corrupt Brother Rod Rosenstein — The CDC’s Dr. Nancy Messonnier, Drops a Bomb on President Trump While On International Trip
    by Joe Hoft
    February 26, 202
    https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...national-trip/

"The brother of the CDC’s Dr. Nancy Messonnier, is the corrupt disgraced former DAG Rod Rosenstein.
    Following in his footsteps, Dr. Messonnier dropped a bomb on President Trump while he was in India yesterday.
    Yesterday, the CDC unexpectedly announced startling news about the coronavirus in the US. This rattled the markets and led to another downturn of hundreds of points in the DOW for the second straight day:

"As we’ve seen from recent countries with community spread, when it has hit those countries, it has moved quite rapidly. We want to make sure the American public is prepared,” said Dr. Nancy Messonnier, director of the CDC’s national center for immunization and respiratory diseases. “As more and more countries experience community spread, successful containment at our borders becomes harder and harder.”

Dr. Nancy continued:

"Ultimately, we expect we will see spread in this country. It’s not so much a question of if this will happen anymore, but rather a question of exactly when this will happen and how many people in this country will have severe illness,” Messonnier said Tuesday."

The Dr. continued:

"I understand this whole situation may seem overwhelming and that disruption to everyday life may be severe, but these are things people need to start thinking about now,” said Messonnier, who told her own family to begin preparing for community spread and the resulting “significant disruption” of their lives.

Right now CDC is operationalizing all of its pandemic preparedness and response plans, working on multiple fronts including specific measures to prepare communities to respond to local transmission of the virus that causes COVID-19,” Messonnier said. “Now is the time for businesses, hospitals, communities, schools, and everyday people to begin preparing as well.”

Dr. Messonnier’s comments came as the President and the First Lady were outside the country and traveling in India. The trip was going very well as expected, but this news was a startling rebuke of the President’s efforts to date to curtail the virus.

This was eerily similar to past Presidential trips when former and corrupt DAG Rod Rosenstein and the corrupt and criminal Mueller gang would drop shocking news as the President was overseas.
    In July 2018, for example, corrupt Rosenstein, announced the indictments of 12 Russians right before the President was departing on a trip to meet Russian President Putin. Rosenstein reported on these Russians who will never come to the US for prosecution and who likely had nothing to do with anything related to the crimes.

Rosenstein’s Deep State friends, the Democrat Party, regularly schedule hateful events when the President is overseas:

"Every time President Trump is strengthening our country on the international stage, Democrats are trying to bring him down.

There is only one word to describe their actions. ⇨ Sabotage. pic.twitter.com/N0uLR7Wgzv "

— Kevin McCarthy (@GOPLeader) January 17, 2020

Even Republican Senators slammed President President Trump when he was at the historic Normandy remembrance ceremony.

As far as the coronavirus goes, the US has identified 57 individuals with the virus and no deaths.

"COVID-19: Confirmed Cases in the United States
    Travel-related – 12
    Person-to-person spread – 2
    Total confirmed cases – 14
    Total Deaths – 0
    Total tested – 426

350 million people in the US

Numbers closed out at 4 p.m. EDT daily reporting."

SOUND THE DAMN ALARM."
    Each breath a gift...

20. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Arcturian108 (28th February 2020), Bill Ryan (27th February 2020), Franny (27th February 2020), happyuk (27th February 2020), onevoice (27th February 2020), Pam (27th February 2020), Sadieblue (27th February 2020), Sophocles (27th February 2020), Sue (Ayt) (27th February 2020), Tintin (27th February 2020)

21. Link to Post #1071
    Thanks

We all have been in front of the crowd for weeks. One of the issues is that in a few weeks, pharmaceuticals will be getting scarce. Listening to Steve Bannon, I heard that viatamin C comes from China. I think from everything I have read, taking sufficient C will help very much. So I am just reminding people that maybe some items are important to order now.

I found this on twitter from Ian Mackay

Explains RNA vaccines here

Last edited by Delight; 27th February 2020 at 04:48.

22. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Delight For This Post:

Bill Ryan (27th February 2020), Franny (27th February 2020), onevoice (27th February 2020), Pam (27th February 2020), pueblo (27th February 2020), Sadieblue (27th February 2020), Sophocles (27th February 2020), Tintin (27th February 2020)

23. Link to Post #1072
    Netherlands Avalon Member ExomatrixTV's Avatar
    Language
    English, Dutch, German, Limburgs
    Thanks
    Thanked 127,128 times in 21,069 posts

The Truth About the Coronavirus - SPREADS!

oronavirus cases emerge faster outside China: WHO First case of #coronavirus in Pakistan confirmed by Officials. Iran is now one of the epicenters of the #coronavirus outbreak, with the second-highest death toll after China. US universities are canceling study abroad programs in Italy and urging students to return to the US amid soaring coronavirus cases. A flight attendant for Korean Air who worked several flights out of Los Angeles International Airport has been diagnosed with coronavirus. Cruise Ship Denied Entry to Jamaica and Cayman Islands Amid Coronavirus Fears Eighty-three individuals who had traveled to China being monitored for possible coronavirus infection in Nassau County, Long Island, NY In unprecedented move, Israelis advised to avoid all travel abroad over #coronavirus
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Bill Ryan (27th February 2020), Pam (27th February 2020), pueblo (27th February 2020), Sadieblue (27th February 2020), Sunny (28th February 2020), Tintin (27th February 2020)

25. Link to Post #1073
    Thanks

This first case that has been noted of covid-19 "in the community" indicates the risk to health care providers. Lots of nurses are over 50 which may mean they are at higher risk of morbidity. Here is info from one survey

I feel very nervous for all the health care providers.
    Another fact I read in the comments is that the patient originated apparently from an area near Travis air force base.

Quote Newly diagnosed coronavirus patient being treated at UC Davis Medical Center
    By Anne Ternus-Bellamy

The UC Davis Medical Center is treating a patient who may be the first person in the country to have contracted the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) from community exposure.

The California Department of Public Health reported Wednesday the individual is a resident of Solano County who had no known exposure to the virus through travel or close contact with a known infected individual.

An email sent out Wednesday by two UC Davis officials said the patient arrived at the medical center in Sacramento last Wednesday but was only tested for the virus on Sunday despite a request made by med center officials that the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention conduct a test when the patient was admitted.

“Today the CDC confirmed the patient’s test was positive,” said the email from David Lubarsky, vice-chancellor of human health services, and Brad Simmons, interim CEO of UC Davis Medical Center.

“This is not the first COVID-19 patient we have treated, and because of the precautions we have had in place since this patient’s arrival, we believe there has been minimal potential for exposure here at UC Davis Medical Center,” the email said.

Nevertheless, a small number of medical center employees have been asked to stay home and monitor their temperatures.

Lubarsky and Simmons said the patient was transferred to UC Davis from “another Northern California hospital” on Wednesday, Feb 19.

“When the patient arrived, the patient had already been intubated, was on a ventilator, and given droplet protection orders because of an undiagnosed and suspected viral condition,” the email said.

“Since the patient arrived with a suspected viral infection, our care teams have been taking the proper infection prevention precautions during the patient’s stay.

“Upon admission, our team asked public health officials if this case could be COVID-19. We requested COVID-19 testing by the CDC, since neither Sacramento County nor (the California Department of Public Health) is doing testing for coronavirus at this time. Since the patient did not fit the existing CDC criteria for COVID-19, a test was not immediately administered,” said the email, which added that, “UC Davis Health does not control the testing process.”

On Sunday, the CDC ordered COVID-19 testing of the patient and the patient was put on airborne precautions and strict contact precautions. The positive test results were announced on Wednesday.

“We are proud of our health care workers who have been working to care for this patient and are committed to saving this patient’s life,” the email said.

“Just as when a health care worker has a small chance of exposure to other illnesses, such as TB or pertussis, we are following standard CDC protocols for determination of exposure and surveillance. So, out of an abundance of caution, in order to assure the health and safety of our employees, we are asking a small number of employees to stay home and monitor their temperature.

“We are handling this in the same way we manage other diseases that require airborne precautions and monitoring. We are in constant communication with the state health department and the CDC and Sacramento County Public Health about the optimal management of this patient and possible employee exposures,” the email said.

“As we regularly handle patients with infectious diseases, we have robust infection control protocols in place to handle this patient and others with more frequently seen infectious diseases. In this case, we are dedicated to providing the best care possible for this patient and continuing to protect the health of our employees who care for them.”

The CDC announced on Wednesday that a case of novel coronavirus of “unknown origin” — without a relevant travel history or exposure to another known patient — had been diagnosed in a patient in Northern California but did not indicate what city or county the case was in.

In a press released issued Wednesday evening, the state Department of Public Health revealed the individual was from Solano County.

“The health risk from novel coronavirus to the general public remains low at this time,” the release said. “While COVID-19 has a high transmission rate, it has a low mortality rate. From the international data we have, of those who have tested positive for COVID-19, approximately 80 percent do not exhibit symptoms that would require hospitalization. There have been no confirmed deaths related to COVID-19 in the United States to date. California is carefully assessing the situation as it evolves.”

“Keeping Californians safe and healthy is our number one priority,” said State Public Health Officer Dr. Sonia Angell.

“This has been an evolving situation, which California has been monitoring and responding to since COVID-19 cases first emerged in China last year. This is a new virus, and while we are still learning about it, there is a lot we already know.

“We have been anticipating the potential for such a case in the U.S., and given our close familial, social and business relationships with China, it is not unexpected that the first case in the U.S. would be in California. That’s why California has been working closely with federal and local partners, including health care providers and hospitals, since the outbreak was first reported in China — and we are already responding.”

This would be the first known instance of person-to-person transmission in the general public in the United States, according to Angell.

Previously known instances of person-to-person transmission in the United States include one instance in Chicago, Ill., and one in San Benito County. Both cases were after close, prolonged interaction with a family member who returned from Wuhan, China, and had tested positive for COVID-19, the disease caused by novel coronavirus. As of Wednesday, including this case, California has had seven travel-related cases, one close contact case and now one community transmission.
    Last edited by Delight; 27th February 2020 at 06:25.

26. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Delight For This Post:

Bill Ryan (27th February 2020), Frank V (27th February 2020), Franny (27th February 2020), Hym (27th February 2020), Pam (27th February 2020), Sadieblue (27th February 2020), Sophocles (27th February 2020), Sunny (28th February 2020), Tintin (27th February 2020)

27. Link to Post #1074
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,528 times in 20,692 posts

How to stage a fake epidemic (and brainwash billions of people)
    by Jon Rappoport
    February 26, 2020

"“When gigantic mega-corporations steal land from Third World people and then poison these people with horrific pollution, why isn’t it called murder? Is that too stark? Does it offend delicate sensibilities? Would you say that a drug gang who shoots up a bar and kills ten innocent bystanders is just carrying out ‘typical business practices in their field of endeavor’, and should therefore never be prosecuted in a court of law on a charge of homicide?” (The Underground, Jon Rappoport)

—This article assembles facts contained in my ongoing series on the “China epidemic.” To get the details, I recommend going back and reading all those articles (archive here).

If a group wants to stage a fake and frightening epidemic, how would they do it?

First of all, what reasons would they have to launch such an audacious plan?

On one level, they want to cover up human harm that is already occurring. They want to explain this harm with a false story. For example, suppose a combination of deadly corporate air and water and 5G* electronic pollution is making people sick and killing them. The parties responsible are surely not going to admit their crimes. No. Instead, they’re going to claim a new virus is causing this harm in the form of, say, lung disease. The virus just “emerged.” “It showed up out of nowhere. It crossed species from animals to humans.”

So…the first thing needed is a cluster of cases in one locale. A small group of people who have the same symptoms. This is easy to find. How about ordinary flu symptoms? Fever, fatigue, weakness, with an emphasis on lung complications [from the forms of pollution]. A few of these people are very ill. Two of them die. Now, the publicity/news machine swings into gear.

It’s called an “outbreak.” It isn’t, but that’s the story. “They were all ‘exposed to something’” at, say, a riverfront dock restaurant.

The news—shoveled directly into mainstream outlets—comes from elite public health agencies like the CDC and the World Health Organization (WHO).

It’s an OUTBREAK.

To use a technical term, this is all BULL****. Understand? People in the locale of the “new case cluster” are falling ill and dying as a result of the actual pollution-causes I listed above. But the news takes a different slant: “Researchers from WHO and CDC state that a ‘mystery illness’ has emerged in City X, and they are working to discover the virus…”

Who said it was a virus? Who made that unwarranted assumption? WHO and CDC. They always say it’s a virus.

At this point, suddenly, it’s news all over the planet, and most of the population is roped in, right from the get-go. Virus. Yes. I see. Which virus?

And shortly and miraculously, the answer comes: it’s VX-20. A new virus, never seen before, “which probably emerged from fish and crossed over into humans. One fisherman has already died.”

Voila. We have a new disease. VX-20.

Next question: did researchers actually find this virus? Did they?

Follow the next piece closely. There is sleight-of-hand involved.

One scenario: Researchers used what are called “indirect markers” to INFER that a new virus was there, in samples of tissue taken from several people in the original “cluster” of riverfront victims.

The researchers didn’t actually use basic procedures to purify the tissue sample from even one patient, and they didn’t see MANY identical viruses in an electron microscope photograph of the purified sample—if they took such a photograph at all. They certainly didn’t perform this complete test on several hundred emerging patients—they should have, but they didn’t. And most certainly, other researchers, including INDEPENDENT analysts, didn’t perform the necessary electron microscope test on hundreds of so-called “epidemic patients.”

So…the CDC and WHO researchers came up with a notion, an idea, an inference about a virus, through these indirect markers. And via a process of continuing inferences, they characterized the virus they never saw.

Scenario two: Let’s be generous and assume the researchers did bother to look at electron microscope photos, derived from only a few patients, not hundreds of patients, as they should have. What did they actually see in the photos? Maybe they saw a few particles that looked similar to each other, BUT quite possibly these virus-like particles were just passengers that ordinarily live in the body and cause no harm. However, the researchers jump up and down and say, THIS IS IT. THIS IS THE NEW KILLING VIRUS. AND WE WILL NOW ASSEMBLE ITS GENETIC SEQUENCE.

AND THEY DO.

So what? These researchers don’t bother to make the distinction between viruses that might do harm and those that do nothing. Why? Because they’re determined to find something. Anything. That’s their basic mission.

In both scenarios, they’ve fallen woefully short of proving that a new virus is responsible for making people ill.

But never mind—news outlets and governments are already on the march. THIS IS IT. A new epidemic. VX-20. A whole city is already locked down. Screeners are waving wands at passengers getting off planes. Some US talking head is saying there is now a rush to develop a vaccine. New cases of VX-20 are showing up in other cities and other countries. Boom.

Let’s examine that last part, about new cases and “spreading”— because this is where people REALLY fall for the con. They say: “Well, here is a city where there is no air or water or 5G pollution, and they’re discovering new cases, so how do you explain that?”

The new cases and the spread are based entirely on DIAGNOSTIC TESTS. Those test-results determine whether there is an “epidemic case” or a “spread.”

There are two main tests: antibody and PCR. In a nutshell, neither test is adequate to say HERE IS A NEW CASE. Both tests are unreliable and worthless. It’s more of the con. Both tests will claim to show “new cases” when they DON’T. They might show some antibodies or a few tiny fragments of what might possibly be a virus, but they show NOTHING that directly points to human illness. Relying on those tests would be on the order of laying down a bet on a game that isn’t even scheduled. It’s a farce.

Antibody tests, which purport to prove illness coming from a virus, are actually showing, at best, that the patient came in contact with a virus. Actually, before 1984, this was generally taken to mean the patient was in good shape. His immune system had defeated the germ. But then, for several no good reasons, the science was turned on its head. All of a sudden, a positive antibody test was taken to mean the patient was ill or would soon become ill. Nonsense. Farce.

The PCR test takes a tiny, tiny sample from a patient that might contain a virus, but the virus particle is far too small to comprehend. The PCR blows up that particle many times, so it can be analyzed. BUT the test says nothing about HOW MUCH virus, if any, is replicating in the patient’s body. And you need millions and millions of a virus replicating in the body to even begin talking about a cause of actual illness.

AND both tests rely on the unwarranted assumption that a virus actually causing illness—VX-20—was truly discovered in the first place.

Armed with these pathetic tests, public officials begin reporting a new epidemic case here and a new one there, and pretty soon 40 countries have new cases, and the public falls for it, hook, line, and sinker.

And THAT’S HOW you stage a fake epidemic. The rest is pure publicity and lockdown and theater.

Dangerous theater.

Toxic drugs and toxic vaccines will be brought on board to treat the epidemic that was never there.

The ACTUAL ONGOING causes of illness and dying will remain in place, shoved into the deep background. And THIS amounts to a capital crime. As in: murder. Remember that.

People will be told not to question the official line on the “epidemic.” This is called a clue. Why not ask questions? Because the answers might lead to a correct conclusion about the enormous con job.

Let me add a few comments.

The World Health Organization itself states that every year, there are millions of cases of ordinary flu around the world, and several hundred thousand deaths. This isn’t “coronavirus.” But the flu sufferers can easily be called “new epidemic cases.” Ordinary flu can be statistically “imported” and called “coronavirus.”

Then there is the medical treatment imposed on people who are told they are “coronavirus cases.” I’m talking about highly toxic antiviral drugs, which have the ability to stop natural reproduction of cells in the body. Particularly when such people already have weakened immune systems, or organ-function problems, the results can be catastrophic. The patients can die. Of course, if they do, they will be called “deaths from the epidemic.”

Finally, there is something else you may have heard of. I mentioned it a few paragraphs ago: murder. Do you really think the people who are consciously launching a fake epidemic, with all its consequences—including covering up and never remedying ongoing real causes of dying and death—would stop short of staging a few spectacular incidents of dying and death, in order to make a splash and convince the public that the virus is really a killer? Are you KIDDING? For example, suddenly, out of the blue, a few friends, previously healthy, in a small town, fall ill, and a few days later, they’re dead. Health officials state they were “positive for the virus.” “It came on quickly.” Are tests run to detect an intentional covert act of direct poisoning? Of course not. Media blare this horrible story all over the world: “THE VIRUS IS ON THE MOVE.” Same thing happens to a previously healthy family in Country X. They fall ill and die. And then a group of travelers on a mountain in Country Y become ill and die. Murder. However, the cover story is: “THE VIRUS KNOWS NO BOUNDS. IT CAN COME ON ANYWHERE, AT ANY TIME.” THESE EVENTS OF DEATH “CAN ONLY BE EXPLAINED BY THE VIRUS.” That’s right, when the audience is brainwashed and completely naïve.

“But…but how could anyone actually commit premediated murder of innocent people, in order to convince the public that a virus is spreading in unlikely places?”

As I mentioned, such controllers are ALREADY guilty of murder, because they’re hiding the actual ongoing causes of death with the cover story of a virus. This sort of cover-up of crime has been happening, around the world, for a long, long time. To cite just two instances, look at parts of Africa and Haiti, where the “HIV story” has been promoted and funded, wall to wall, in order to conceal intentionally created and sustained poverty, stolen farm land, and corporate takeovers involving massive poisonous industrial pollution.

When you go back in history—as I have—you’ll realize that fake epidemics are standard operating procedure. SARS, Swine Flu, West Nile, Zika, etc. I’ve written about every one of these phonies in detail…

(*) Concerning 5G technology and China, I recommend watching Dana Ashlie’s video, “The BEST NEWS re CΟRΟNΑ VΙrus you’ve heard all month! Kinda."
    Each breath a gift...

28. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Bill Ryan (27th February 2020), David Trd1 (27th February 2020), Franny (27th February 2020), Hym (27th February 2020), meeradas (27th February 2020), Sadieblue (27th February 2020), Tintin (27th February 2020)

29. Link to Post #1075
    Netherlands Avalon Member ExomatrixTV's Avatar
    Language
    English, Dutch, German, Limburgs
    Thanks
    Thanked 127,128 times in 21,069 posts

Exclamation Re: The Wuhan Coronavirus [Covid-19, the Honey Badger virus]

San Francisco Declares EMERGENCY Over Coronavirus, CDC Says Its Coming, People FIGHTING Over Food!
    Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 27th February 2020 at 16:28.
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

30. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Bill Ryan (27th February 2020), DeeMetrios (27th February 2020), Franny (27th February 2020), Hym (27th February 2020), Pam (27th February 2020), Sadieblue (27th February 2020), Sophocles (27th February 2020), Sunny (28th February 2020), Tintin (27th February 2020)

31. Link to Post #1076
    France Avalon Member
    Language
    French
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,375 times in 354 posts

Rappoport says :
    "Finally, there is something else you may have heard of. I mentioned it a few paragraphs ago: murder. Do you really think the people who are consciously launching a fake epidemic, with all its consequences—including covering up and never remedying ongoing real causes of dying and death—would stop short of staging a few spectacular incidents of dying and death, in order to make a splash and convince the public that the virus is really a killer? Are you KIDDING? For example, suddenly, out of the blue, a few friends, previously healthy, in a small town, fall ill, and a few days later, they’re dead. Health officials state they were “positive for the virus.” “It came on quickly.” Are tests run to detect an intentional covert act of direct poisoning? Of course not. Media blare this horrible story all over the world: “THE VIRUS IS ON THE MOVE.” Same thing happens to a previously healthy family in Country X. They fall ill and die. And then a group of travelers on a mountain in Country Y become ill and die. Murder. However, the cover story is: “THE VIRUS KNOWS NO BOUNDS. IT CAN COME ON ANYWHERE, AT ANY TIME.” THESE EVENTS OF DEATH “CAN ONLY BE EXPLAINED BY THE VIRUS.” That’s right, when the audience is brainwashed and completely naïve."

Do we have to believe that all the medical personnel in Wuhan, including chiefs of hospital, died not from exposure to sick people but because they were murdered ?
    Did they die from an overexposure to 5G? Technically speaking we know now that it is possible to target individuals and probably kill them from the distance. It seems so very far fetched but nothing can be excluded.

Steve Bannon wants to send thousands of American doctors and nurses to save China from collapsing and to replace the sick and death Chinese medical personnel. They better be extremely well protected.

32. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Philippe For This Post:

Bill Ryan (27th February 2020), Frank V (27th February 2020), Hym (27th February 2020), justntime2learn (27th February 2020), Kamikaze (27th February 2020), Pam (27th February 2020), RogeRio (27th February 2020), Sadieblue (27th February 2020), spade (27th February 2020), Stardad (27th February 2020), Tintin (27th February 2020)

33. Link to Post #1077
    Thanks

Quote Posted by ExomatrixTV (here)
    The Truth About the Coronavirus - SPREADS!

Stefan Molyneux says at 18:37: "I said from the very beginning this was the real deal."

Yes, me too. This is real, and something quite serious. At the very least, in terms of severe social and economic disruption. If city-wide quarantines come to the US, all hell will break loose. Remember, the Chinese citizens in Hubei province don't have guns.

Rappoport is wrong in Wolf-Wolfing this and saying it's just pollution and/or 5G, maybe some sort of false flag event initiated by the Chinese. Or, maybe all about vaccinations. Vaccinations won't work if the thing is mutating, which might already be the case. All my Spidey Senses tell me there's something much bigger at play here.

I think the wolf is large, and real. I respect Rappoport a very great deal, but I do feel I have to say he's behind the curve with what's happening here.
    Last edited by Bill Ryan; 27th February 2020 at 10:24.

34. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Anka (27th February 2020), cuitlahuac (28th February 2020), Dick (27th February 2020), ExomatrixTV (27th February 2020), Frank V (27th February 2020), Hym (27th February 2020), justntime2learn (27th February 2020), Kamikaze (27th February 2020), Pam (27th February 2020), Sadieblue (27th February 2020), Sophocles (27th February 2020), thepainterdoug (27th February 2020), Tintin (27th February 2020), twin fig (27th February 2020), Yoda (27th February 2020)

35. Link to Post #1078
    Norway Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,441 times in 780 posts

On a press conference this morning it was said that 50 people are now being voluntarily quarantined in their homes (in Oslo) awaiting test results.

The Norwegian Health Directorate are planning for a scenario where 1 out of 4 citizens gets infected^ (in a population of 5,3 millions).

In total there are 400–500 respiratory bed posts in Norway (all of wich are in use today) but they say this number can double or triple if there’s an emergency.

At the same time there will most definitily be a need for more nurses with intensive care training.

Someone already suggested that Norway should start producing face masks as hospitals have been ordered to rationalize equipment due to the upcoming or present scarcity.

PS! Health director Bjørn Guldvog said yesterday that one of the options for dealing with this virus could be to shut off or isolate cities and city parts should it come to that.^^

Links (in Norwegian):

^Helsedirektoratet: – Opp mot 25 prosent av befolkningen kan bli smittet

^^Corona-tiltak: Helsedirektøren åpner for å sperre byer og bydeler

36. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Sophocles For This Post:

Bill Ryan (27th February 2020), Dick (27th February 2020), Frank V (27th February 2020), Hym (27th February 2020), Inaiá (27th February 2020), justntime2learn (27th February 2020), Pam (27th February 2020), Philippe (27th February 2020), Sadieblue (27th February 2020), Sunny (28th February 2020), Tintin (27th February 2020)

37. Link to Post #1079
    Indonesia Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,616 times in 274 posts

That 100% death rate amongst critical cases is wrong. In Singapore, there were quite a lot of critical cases, but all of them recovered - however some had to use artificial lungs (which is severe)

38. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to spade For This Post:

Bill Ryan (27th February 2020), Dick (27th February 2020), Frank V (27th February 2020), Hym (27th February 2020), Pam (27th February 2020), Sadieblue (27th February 2020), Sunny (28th February 2020), Tintin (27th February 2020)

39. Link to Post #1080
    United States Avalon Member thepainterdoug's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,237 times in 3,167 posts

Bill , I agree there is something big here, and the contrary evidence and argument is not convincing me, it just doesn't add up. I have a friend arguing with me, its just a flu, kills less than the normal flu, and giving me those yearly flu statistics. well in my mind that metric doesn't fit here.
    why the shutting down cities, halting travel, crashing the market, quarantine, why the press conference, the asking for billions, to stop a virus that only kills a few people ? no one is reporting standard influenza numbers from various countries . only for this virus. what am i missing?
    well Ill do my best to take care of myself and family and keep following the posts here.

40. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to thepainterdoug For This Post:

Bill Ryan (27th February 2020), ByTheNorthernSea (27th February 2020), dan33 (1st March 2020), Dick (27th February 2020), Frank V (27th February 2020), Franny (27th February 2020), Icare (3rd March 2020), Inaiá (28th February 2020), justntime2learn (27th February 2020), Pam (27th February 2020), Philippe (27th February 2020), Sadieblue (27th February 2020), Sarah Rainsong (27th February 2020), Sophocles (27th February 2020), Tintin (27th February 2020), wondering (27th February 2020)

Closed Thread
Page 54 of 154 FirstFirst 1 4 44 54 64 104 154 LastLast