Closed Thread
Page 13 of 154 FirstFirst 1 3 13 23 63 113 154 LastLast

Thread: The Wuhan Coronavirus [Covid-19, the Honey Badger virus]

1. Link to Post #241
    Australia Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,468 times in 950 posts

Default Re: The Wuhan Coronavirus [Covid-19, the Honey Badger virus]

Coronavirus Exposed, Part 1: Communist Coverup, or Pandemic Bioweapon of Mass Destruction?
    Wuhan Institute of Virology is also connected with the recent, major scandal in Canada where two Chinese virologists working at Canada’s only Pathogen Level 4 virology laboratory, the National Microbiology Lab (NML) in Winnipeg were caught stealing and smuggling some of the most deadly viruses on earth, including the Ebola virus, back to China. The suspects — a Chinese couple, virologist Dr. Xiangguo Qui and biologist Dr. Keding Cheng — are now believed to be connected to China’s biological warfare program. Her husband, Dr. Qiu, was head of the Vaccine Development and Antiviral Therapies Section in the Special Pathogens Program at the NML. Dr. Keding Cheng, also affiliated with the NML, specifically the “Science and Technology Core,” is primarily a bacteriologist who shifted to virology. According to ZeroHedge, “the couple is responsible for infiltrating Canada’s NML with many Chinese agents as students from a range of Chinese scientific facilities directly tied to China’s Biological Warfare Program, including the Wuhan Institute of Virology and the Center for Disease Control and Prevention in Chengdu Military Region.
    https://medium.com/@siradrianbond/co...1-d6a338eed7c5

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to apokalypse For This Post:

4evrneo (31st January 2020), Antagenet (31st January 2020), Bill Ryan (31st January 2020), bluestflame (1st February 2020), justalight (31st January 2020), justntime2learn (1st February 2020), Sadieblue (31st January 2020), Tintin (31st January 2020)

3. Link to Post #242
    UK Moderator/Librarian/Administrator Tintin's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 47,994 times in 5,554 posts

From Kerry (Project Camelot) received by her on January 29th sent by somebody currently in Shanghai.

---------------------------------------------------------

"Camelot was sent this today Jan 29, 2020: (it may be at least a day old info)"

URGENT MESSAGE:

From a friend in China·

Anyone that sees this:

I’m currently living in Shanghai.

The Coronavirus is no joke.

All the videos and posts online (about dead bodies lying in hospital hallways and collapsing people and Wuhan being boxed in) aside as I can’t verify them and I don’t wish to fear monger on unsubstantiated evidence; Instead I will talk about what I know and have seen myself or from my family.

Just a few minutes ago Shanghai announced the closure of all highways and roads leading in and out of the city.

Yesterday Beijing announced the closure of the city as well. These are the two biggest cities in China, and they’ve gone into isolation. This has never happened in history ever.

The list of quarantined cities are growing everyday, and currently over 60 million people have been quarantined in Central China. That’s almost 3 times the population of Australia.

On all the projections and data that I’ve seen. Shanghai is the next major city after Wuhan to have the most infected. With Beijing being second.

Shanghai hospitals are full to the brim with patients who have flu and cold symptoms – Which are also coronavirus symptoms. Multiple hospitals have actually closed and shut down due to the amount of patients.

My relative came down with a fever a few days ago, and it took over 8 hours to see a doctor for a few minutes. The doctors refused to test them for the virus and only advised them to self isolate at home.

The government is refusing to diagnose the virus, so that the official count of infected and the death toll remains low. I am hearing that a lot of deaths are marked as pneumonia since the victim was never diagnosed positively for Coronavirus.

Shanghai has had it’s first death from the virus today. As far as I know, the first city to have a death outside of the Hubei province (Edit: Someone has corrected me that the first death was in Hebei)

The streets in Shanghai are like a ghost town. Partly also because of CNY where most of the people leave the city.

In a few days, CNY will be ending and hundreds of millions of Chinese (mainly in China but also many that are abroad) will be travelling back to the cities where they work and live. This will be prime time for the virus to spread harder and stronger.

There is no vaccine, and the only effective treatments so far are IV drops, hormonal injections, and recently discovered that HIV drugs are effective as well.

The virus can even spread from someone who is not displaying symptoms. So stay away from anyone who has recently been to China (Even me if I get to leave the country). The virus can enter through the eyes, nose and mouth. Don’t touch your face with unwashed hands. Bring antibacterial handwipes and handwash with you everywhere. Wear hospital grade surgical masks or N95 material masks with a respirator when going out to protect the mouth and nose. I also wear gloves to keep my hands clean in case I touch any infected surfaces.

Currently, all supplies are pretty much sold out all through China. Masks are impossible to get no matter which province you’re in. Hand sanitizer and the likes are rapidly dwindling. Goggles are also out as I haven’t been able to buy any. So I recommend people in Australia to start stocking up.

In Shanghai the infected count is easily way higher than official reports (40 officially infected) simply judging by the number of people in the hospitals who are afraid they have the virus. All it takes is for a few of them to actually have the virus, to then cough on others or on a surface, and then suddenly a clean person who has a fever from the flu gets sick.

I have multiple friends and acquaintances who asked for leave from their jobs in Shanghai, been denied the leave, and just straight out quit their job. Schools are also shut until Feb 17th, and if the situation hasn’t improved I have no doubt the closure would be extended.

Do not trust any official reports from China on what the situation is like over here. Censorship is rampant. At first China claimed it was all under control. But just yesterday Xi Jinping himself admitted the virus was accelerating and China was in grave danger. It’s not good when even a communist government admits it’s ****ed.

Vaccines themselves take months to develop, and then months and years to test and manufacture and distribute. We cannot count on a vaccine if this breaks out globally. Hopefully better treatments will be discovered meanwhile though. I am unsure how antibiotics affect the virus.

Confirmed cases in Australia were spread from travelers who entered the country on the 19th of January. That was a week ago. During that week, there would have been hundreds more flights from China which statistically speaking would definitely contain virus carriers. Maybe Australia’s healthcare is good and the virus won’t run rampant there like it did in China. But better to be prepared for the worst and hope for the best.

The virus has been closely compared to SARS in 2003. Since 2003 people travel a lot more, there are a lot more flights, and the world is just so unprepared for an epidemic right now. Moreover, SARS had an R0 of 2.5 (Every infected person infects 2.5 people) and Coronavirus is estimated to have an R0 of 3.8. The symptoms of SARS was also a lot more obvious. And most of the SARS infections came from a few superspreaders. Coronavirus spreads strongly amongst anyone. The incubation period is longer, with reports saying 3 days to 14 days. During incubation it’s not infectious, but it gives time for the carriers to enter a clean corona-free society. Not every infected person will have a fever either.

It’s worrying because there is nothing that China can do to contain the spread of the virus. The official death toll is growing by a dozen a day and these are all elderly people. Which to me doesn’t mean only those with weak constitutions fall victim to the virus. These are still early days and I feel like the young and healthy just take longer to succumb to it.

By worrying I mean ****ing scary. The situation here is in free fall and there’s nothing on the horizon that could possibly contain it.

Friends and family stay safe. If anyone has any questions about the situation in China just let me know.
    “If a man does not keep pace with [fall into line with] his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away.” - Thoreau

4. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Tintin For This Post:

Antagenet (31st January 2020), Bill Ryan (31st January 2020), bluestflame (1st February 2020), Did You See Them (31st January 2020), Franny (31st January 2020), Islander12 (31st January 2020), justntime2learn (1st February 2020), Kryztian (1st February 2020), Olam (31st January 2020), onevoice (31st January 2020), pyrangello (31st January 2020), Sadieblue (31st January 2020), Sarah Rainsong (31st January 2020), silvanelf (31st January 2020), Sophocles (31st January 2020), Sue (Ayt) (31st January 2020), sunwings (2nd February 2020), TrumanCash (31st January 2020)

5. Link to Post #243
    UK Moderator/Librarian/Administrator Tintin's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 47,994 times in 5,554 posts

As many of us have wondered, the situation in China may well be very much worse than has been reported so far.

William Yang, who inspired much of the copy here, appears to be a very good source and may be worth following for reliable updates.

Abridged by Tintin, this from Tyler Durden at ZeroHedge, today.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Source: https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/bu...virus-outbreak

'Burning Bodies In Secret' - New Accounts From Wuhan Detail Coronavirus Outbreak

"So, there are reasons to remain skeptical about what China has been sharing with the world because while they have been more transparent about certain things related to the virus, they continue to be sketchy and unreliable in other aspects," said (William) Yang

Almost 2,000 new cases of coronavirus were confirmed in China on Thursday, lifting the country's total to approximately 9,692, surpassing all of the 2002-03 SARS epidemic in a matter of weeks. All of the deaths have been in China, now at 213. Globally, there are 9,816 cases of the deadly virus.

There have been doubts about the officially confirmed cases and deaths in China - could be much higher some claim.

The New Zealand Herald has published a new report that alleges Chinese authorities have resorted to cremating bodies in secret.

DW News East Asia correspondent William Yang cited a report from Chinese-language news outlet Initium, which said cremation facilities in Wuhan, the epicenter of the deadly virus, were receiving bodies directly from hospitals without proper identification and were excluded from the official record.

"So, there are reasons to remain skeptical about what China has been sharing with the world because while they have been more transparent about certain things related to the virus, they continue to be sketchy and unreliable in other aspects," said Yang.

We noted Thursday night that over 100,000 Chinese had been placed under observation for suspected coronavirus.

The virus has uncontrollably spread across China, forcing the U.S. State Department to evacuate diplomats and citizens from certain parts of the country, but has also warned Americans not to travel to the region because of the outbreak.

The new travel advisory was issued hours after the World Health Organization declared the outbreak a global health emergency. "Those currently in China should consider departing using commercial means," the department said in the advisory.

Putting the coronavirus in the context of the deadly SARS epidemic, the coronavirus pandemic has now officially exceeded SARS in cumulative cases in just two weeks.

[...]
    Last edited by Tintin; 31st January 2020 at 14:38.
    “If a man does not keep pace with [fall into line with] his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away.” - Thoreau

6. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Tintin For This Post:

Bill Ryan (31st January 2020), Did You See Them (31st January 2020), justntime2learn (1st February 2020), onevoice (31st January 2020), Pam (31st January 2020), pyrangello (31st January 2020), Sadieblue (31st January 2020), Salv8tion (31st January 2020), Sarah Rainsong (31st January 2020), Sue (Ayt) (31st January 2020)

7. Link to Post #244
    Europe Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,386 times in 1,223 posts

A different, additional viewpoint from Peter Koenig, just for your consideration, food for thought, possibly . . .

The Coronavirus Epidemic: Chinese Resilience and Silent, Simple and Steady Resistance – A Model for Mankind

https://www.globalresearch.ca/chines...stance/5702102

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Iloveyou For This Post:

Bill Ryan (31st January 2020), Did You See Them (31st January 2020), justntime2learn (1st February 2020), Pam (31st January 2020), pyrangello (31st January 2020), Sadieblue (31st January 2020), Sarah Rainsong (31st January 2020), Tintin (31st January 2020)

9. Link to Post #245
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,707 times in 3,334 posts

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    Quote Posted by Delight (here)
    Jefferey Jaxen analyzes info available on Coronavirus as of early 1/30/2020....

The most interesting part of this show may be the presentation by Dr James Lyons-Weiler, who comes in at 23:10 and talks clearly and authoritatively about the situation.

He states the likelihood of this being a natural 'wild' virus is "about zero", and asserts that this comes from a lab — leaning slightly more to a bioweapons origin than the alternative, which is a vaccine experiment gone awry. He goes through the logic in a way that's easy for laypeople to understand.

Either way, he suspects the release is accidental. The bioweapons origin he thinks is slightly more likely because of the combo of (a) asymptomatic infection (i.e. people with no symptoms at all can still spread it), and what may be a high R0, or high transmission rate — but the R0 isn't clearly established yet, so that factor is still in question.
    I checked all the MSM media outlets for information that this is an engineered virus and didn't find a thing. I thought RT might jump on this, but not yet.
    In fact, it really seems like the whole Corona virus issue is being downplayed a bit at this point. I suppose most of the masses will be happy with the story that this started from someone eating a bat.

10. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Pam For This Post:

Bill Ryan (31st January 2020), Did You See Them (31st January 2020), justntime2learn (1st February 2020), Sadieblue (31st January 2020), Sarah Rainsong (31st January 2020), silvanelf (31st January 2020), Sue (Ayt) (31st January 2020), syrwong (31st January 2020), Tintin (31st January 2020)

11. Link to Post #246
    Madagascar Avalon Member silvanelf's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,587 times in 299 posts

Quote Posted by Delight (here)
    That's a very interesting article!

Along the same line as reasoning: the purpose of creating a vaccine and the malicious attempt to create a new coronavirus may use a similar approach.

The article contains a lot of details, here is just a snippet -- emphasis mine:

Quote James Lyons-Weiler, PhD – 1/30/2020

RECOMBINATION technology has been in use in molecular virology since the 1980’s. The structure of the 2019-NCoV virus genome provides a very strong clue on the likely origin of the virus.

Unlike other related coronaviruses, the 2019-nCoV virus has a unique sequence about 1,378 bp (nucleotide base pairs) long that is not found in related coronaviruses.

[...]

Here, I review four Option on the origins of the 2019-nCoV Coronavirus isolated from human patients from Wuhan, China.

[...]

Option 3. A recombined virus made in a laboratory for the purpose of creating a bioweapon.

Both China and the US hinted at the other side’s potential liability in playing a role in bringing about a novel coronavirus in the lab specifically for the purpose of being used as a bioweapon. To add to the intrigue, a Chinese Scientist was released from BSL-4 laboratory in Manitoba, Canada for violating protocols, allegedly sending samples of deadly viruses to mainland China.

[...]

Evidence for: Presence of BSL-4 laboratory 20 miles from the Wuhan seafood market

Evidence against: Published opinion.

Option 4. A recombined virus made in a laboratory for the purpose of creating a vaccine.

The very researchers conducting studies on SARS vaccines have cautioned repeatedly against human trials;

[...]

The disease progression in of 2019-nCoV is consistent with those seen in animals and humans vaccinated against SARS and then challenged with re-infection. Thus, the hypothesis that 2019-nCoV is an experimental vaccine type must be seriously considered.

[...]

[...]

The available evidence most strongly supports that the 2019-NCoV virus is a vaccine strain of coronavirus either accidentally released from a laboratory accident, perhaps a laboratory researcher becoming infected with the virus while conducting animal experiments, or the Chinese were performing clinical studies of a Coronavirus vaccine in humans.
    https://jameslyonsweiler.com/2020/01...s-wuhan-china/

12. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to silvanelf For This Post:

Bill Ryan (31st January 2020), Delight (31st January 2020), Did You See Them (31st January 2020), James Newell (31st January 2020), justntime2learn (1st February 2020), Pam (31st January 2020), Sadieblue (31st January 2020), Sarah Rainsong (31st January 2020), Sophocles (31st January 2020), Tintin (31st January 2020)

13. Link to Post #247
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Did You See Them (here)
    Breaking news: China will admit coronavirus coming from its P4 lab

https://gnews.org/89749/
    Give me a break. IMO an unknown Western psyop department is working overtime to spread these rumors ...

Quote A reliable source told Miles Guo today that the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) will admit to the public of an “accidental” leak of lab-created virus from a P4 lab in Wuhan to put blames on “human errors”. But the official announcement is still being finalized.

"A reliable source" means nothing, furthermore Miles Guo is a very questionable source. I know, wikipedia isn't a reliable source either ... but you get the idea.

Quote At the peak of his career, he was 73rd among the richest in China. After falling out with members of the Communist Party leadership, Guo was accused of corruption and other misdeeds and forced to flee China. He fled to the United States in late 2014[8] after learning he was going to be arrested after allegations against him including bribing, kidnapping, money laundering, fraud and rape,[9] and is subsequently subject to an Interpol Red Notice.[better source needed][1][10]

Despite Guo's claims of being a whistle-blower, his statements were unable to be verified by newspapers such as The New York Times.[11] He is the founder of a media campaign entitled "Expose Revolution".
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guo_Wengui

14. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to silvanelf For This Post:

Bill Ryan (31st January 2020), Chester (31st January 2020), Did You See Them (31st January 2020), Islander12 (31st January 2020), justntime2learn (1st February 2020), Pam (31st January 2020), Sadieblue (31st January 2020), Sarah Rainsong (31st January 2020), Tintin (31st January 2020)

15. Link to Post #248
    England Avalon Member Did You See Them's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,890 times in 1,036 posts

Quote Posted by silvanelf (here)

Give me a break. IMO an unknown Western psyop department is working overtime to spread these rumors ...
    Above is a link sent by my Brother to me ( Now in Bangladesh until the 18th Feb - I'm trying to get him to leave now ! )

He works extensively in Far East (Shanghai and HK - clothing business )

These are links and info sent to him by Chinese and HK nationals there that he works with- in fact I wish I could show you some of the other info he's getting from them - situation is a lot dire than we are being told !

This is NOT Western psyop site.

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Did You See Them For This Post:

Bill Ryan (31st January 2020), justntime2learn (1st February 2020), Kryztian (1st February 2020), Pam (31st January 2020), Sadieblue (1st February 2020), sunwings (2nd February 2020), Tintin (31st January 2020)

17. Link to Post #249
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,839 times in 650 posts

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    Quote Posted by The Moss Trooper (here)
    If they are going to declare this a global health emergency for 213 deaths when the flu kills over 20, 000 in the U.S. over a similar time frame almost every year, one needs to question motives.
    Yes, 100% understood. And hundreds can die all at once in a plane crash, or hundreds of thousands every year from smoking-related diseases. (Or, regular flu.)

But this is something to do with risk management, and projections if this gets out of hand, which it might — whatever the initial causes or agendas.

If the early-guessing worst-case scenarios are close to correct, there may be hundreds of millions of fatalities in a few months' time. That's extreme, but doesn't seem 100% impossible. So the WHO declaration of emergency is to raise all defenses to stave that off... not to react to what's already happened, which might be in its earliest stages.

Just thinking aloud here, the main impacts, aside from many fellow human beings in great genuine suffering, may be economic. The world's factory has partially closed, and the world's supply chain of goods has partially been broken.

That situation might worsen still. There could be a global depression ushered in by all of this. Then hundreds of millions of families worldwide become affected through job losses and the like.

Other consequences might be mandatory vaccinations, mandatory travel restrictions, more global control (problem-reaction-solution), and all the potential measures we know all about. This is why what's rolling out right now may be very important to track, as best we can.
    Yes, agree with pretty much all you have stated there........... But.......

...... There is something niggling away at me about all of this. It doesn't 'feel' like a full-blown bio crisis. I can't put my finger on it exactly, but there is something that is just not right. We know, for sure, that there was a lot of manipulation and staging of images, hoaxes if you like, even just this time last week. Footage of people collapsing in the street, allegedly from coronavirus, that showed trees in the background in full leaf, meaning that footage was taken in the spring/summer and it is winter time right now in China. Wuhan airport remaining fully operational and fully active, for a city that was meant to be in "lock-down"........... Etc, etc.

I'm starting to wonder if all of this is a full-blown 'live test', a test to iron-out the final niggles before the big one. I have no doubt that mandatory vaccination is the end goal, maybe a Global mandate at that. Population control, individual tracking, DNA manipulation, take your pick but I'm almost 100% that it's on the cards, and soon.

18. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to The Moss Trooper For This Post:

Antagenet (31st January 2020), Bill Ryan (31st January 2020), justntime2learn (1st February 2020), Michi (31st January 2020), Pam (31st January 2020), Sadieblue (1st February 2020), Sarah Rainsong (31st January 2020), Tintin (31st January 2020)

19. Link to Post #250
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,466 times in 8,541 posts

Yes, agree with pretty much all you have stated there........... But.......

...... There is something niggling away at me about all of this. It doesn't 'feel' like a full-blown bio crisis. I can't put my finger on it exactly, but there is something that is just not right.
    I feel the same way. I'm not taking all this very seriously at this stage ... if we do hit 100 million deaths, then my attention will be fully piqued.
    I felt the same way about SARS.

I'm starting to wonder if all of this is a full-blown 'live test', a test to iron-out the final niggles before the big one. I have no doubt that mandatory vaccination is the end goal, maybe a Global mandate at that. Population control, individual tracking, DNA manipulation, take your pick but I'm almost 100% that it's on the cards, and soon.
    I felt that SARS was a "live test" -- this could be test 2.0. Or it could be the real deal. There's a good few other possibilities, but I'm not convinced of anything yet.
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

20. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Bill Ryan (31st January 2020), Did You See Them (31st January 2020), justntime2learn (1st February 2020), leavesoftrees (1st February 2020), Pam (31st January 2020), Sadieblue (1st February 2020), Sarah Rainsong (31st January 2020), Tintin (31st January 2020)

21. Link to Post #251
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by silvanelf (here)

Note that a "western psyop" or some secret society would never do anything themselves ... they would convince people to do certain things through strong incentivization (not necessarily money), and then blame those involved.

There is a viral lab in China very close to the outbreak site, and they may be forced to admit that it came from their lab, but that doesn't mean they are they ones pulling the strings - it might be just something they have to admit, are forced to admit, or there just isn't any better explanation. Not that they actually did it, or are behind the actions.

I'm just saying we can't draw any conclusions on anything yet, no matter how things "appear".

22. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Bill Ryan (31st January 2020), Did You See Them (31st January 2020), justntime2learn (1st February 2020), Pam (31st January 2020), Sadieblue (1st February 2020), Sarah Rainsong (31st January 2020), Tintin (31st January 2020)

23. Link to Post #252
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Tintin (here)
    From Kerry (Project Camelot) received by her on January 29th sent by somebody currently in Shanghai.

The government is refusing to diagnose the virus, so that the official count of infected and the death toll remains low. I am hearing that a lot of deaths are marked as pneumonia since the victim was never diagnosed positively for Coronavirus.

I just want to point out that this is pretty much standard medical practice. Testing for viruses is expensive and requires specific resources that are limited. You just can't test everyone in an outbreak - not possible.

It's exactly the same for the flu in western countries. Rarely is it ever tested for. In Canada they government claims 8000+ people die each year from the flu. In reality there's usually less than 200 confirmed (tested) cases, and sometimes less than 100. They don't test for it, the assume the numbers, and people who get pneumonia and die, lend to that 8000 number, but most are never tested for influenza.

24. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Bill Ryan (31st January 2020), Did You See Them (31st January 2020), justntime2learn (1st February 2020), Pam (31st January 2020), Sadieblue (1st February 2020), Sarah Rainsong (31st January 2020), silvanelf (31st January 2020), Sophocles (31st January 2020), Sue (Ayt) (31st January 2020), syrwong (31st January 2020), Tintin (31st January 2020)

25. Link to Post #253
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,380 times in 476 posts

This photo shows the britons, recently landed at Brize Norton, having flown over from Wutan being transported somewhere for quarantine.

What caught my eye was that the driver of the coach is clearly unprotected, whilst standing to his left is someone in full protective gear, presumably a medical orderly.

What goes on with the driver?!?

Click image for larger version

Name:	5472.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	57.3 KB
ID:	42405
    Last edited by Tintin; 31st January 2020 at 17:12.

26. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Le Chat For This Post:

Antagenet (31st January 2020), Bill Ryan (31st January 2020), East Sun (31st January 2020), justntime2learn (1st February 2020), Pam (31st January 2020), Sadieblue (1st February 2020), Sarah Rainsong (31st January 2020), Tintin (31st January 2020)

27. Link to Post #254
    United States Unsubscribed
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,955 times in 1,944 posts

Quote Posted by moonlight (here)
    This photo shows the britons, recently landed at Brize Norton, having flown over from Wutan being transported somewhere for quarantine.

What caught my eye was that the driver of the coach is clearly unprotected, whilst standing to his left is someone in full protective gear, presumably a medical orderly.

What goes on with the driver?!?

Attachment 42405
    I noticed something similar a couple of days ago on the evening mainstream news. Footage of them being met by four or five guys in full white hazmat suits as they disembarked their flight, but not wearing their headgear.

I was thinking what good is THAT going to do?

28. Link to Post #255
    United States Avalon Member Sarah Rainsong's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,530 times in 505 posts

Had an interesting conversation with my kids this morning, and I thought I'd share.
    Boy (9yrs): Someone said that if the virus comes here, they'll close the schools!

Me: Yes, they probably would, they've already closed several schools here in Georgia for a few days because of the flu.

You could see the wheels turning in his head as he gauged whether he could get out school or not...where of course, I had to remind him that we can always go back to homeschooling.

At which point, older brother (15--he is knows everything! ) has to chime in: They don't know what viruses are going to do because they can't be predicted!

Me: It's more like the weather. You don't know exactly what it's going to do. You can see a storm coming, but you don't know if it's going to get worse or go around you or fizzle out altogether. But the closer it gets, the more you know what's going to happen. That's why I'm watching it so closely.
    I thought that was a pretty good analogy, and I think it's a good way to suggest for others to look at it.

For instance, here in the south, we are NOT prepared for icy weather. So if someone says there's a winter storm coming, yeah, people can go a bit crazy. We laugh and make jokes about ourselves every year about it. But history shows that if you don't take appropriate precautions, you will be left out in the cold. Literally.

It took kids being stranded overnight in buses in freezing temps for school systems to start taking winter storm predictions seriously. If/when they take the same approach to a disease (whether it's this virus or something else), it's going to be a lot more devastating.

And to interject just a bit of humor here, try not to be like one of these people:
    The world is changed... I feel it in the water... I feel it in the earth... I smell it in the air...
    Much that once was is lost, for none now live who remember it.

29. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Sarah Rainsong For This Post:

Bill Ryan (31st January 2020), justntime2learn (1st February 2020), Kryztian (1st February 2020), Mark (Star Mariner) (1st February 2020), Pam (31st January 2020), Sadieblue (1st February 2020), Sue (Ayt) (31st January 2020), T Smith (31st January 2020), Tintin (1st February 2020)

30. Link to Post #256
    Thanks
    Thanked 459,753 times in 32,946 posts

"Camelot was sent this today Jan 29, 2020: (it may be at least a day old info)"

URGENT MESSAGE:

From a friend in China·

Anyone that sees this:

I’m currently living in Shanghai.

The Coronavirus is no joke.

All the videos and posts online (about dead bodies lying in hospital hallways and collapsing people and Wuhan being boxed in) aside as I can’t verify them and I don’t wish to fear monger on unsubstantiated evidence; Instead I will talk about what I know and have seen myself or from my family.

Just a few minutes ago Shanghai announced the closure of all highways and roads leading in and out of the city.

Yesterday Beijing announced the closure of the city as well. These are the two biggest cities in China, and they’ve gone into isolation. This has never happened in history ever.

The list of quarantined cities are growing everyday, and currently over 60 million people have been quarantined in Central China. That’s almost 3 times the population of Australia.

On all the projections and data that I’ve seen. Shanghai is the next major city after Wuhan to have the most infected. With Beijing being second.

Shanghai hospitals are full to the brim with patients who have flu and cold symptoms – Which are also coronavirus symptoms. Multiple hospitals have actually closed and shut down due to the amount of patients.

My relative came down with a fever a few days ago, and it took over 8 hours to see a doctor for a few minutes. The doctors refused to test them for the virus and only advised them to self isolate at home.

Shanghai has had it’s first death from the virus today. As far as I know, the first city to have a death outside of the Hubei province (Edit: Someone has corrected me that the first death was in Hebei)

The streets in Shanghai are like a ghost town. Partly also because of CNY where most of the people leave the city.

In a few days, CNY will be ending and hundreds of millions of Chinese (mainly in China but also many that are abroad) will be travelling back to the cities where they work and live. This will be prime time for the virus to spread harder and stronger.

There is no vaccine, and the only effective treatments so far are IV drops, hormonal injections, and recently discovered that HIV drugs are effective as well.

The virus can even spread from someone who is not displaying symptoms. So stay away from anyone who has recently been to China (Even me if I get to leave the country). The virus can enter through the eyes, nose and mouth. Don’t touch your face with unwashed hands. Bring antibacterial handwipes and handwash with you everywhere. Wear hospital grade surgical masks or N95 material masks with a respirator when going out to protect the mouth and nose. I also wear gloves to keep my hands clean in case I touch any infected surfaces.

Currently, all supplies are pretty much sold out all through China. Masks are impossible to get no matter which province you’re in. Hand sanitizer and the likes are rapidly dwindling. Goggles are also out as I haven’t been able to buy any. So I recommend people in Australia to start stocking up.

In Shanghai the infected count is easily way higher than official reports (40 officially infected) simply judging by the number of people in the hospitals who are afraid they have the virus. All it takes is for a few of them to actually have the virus, to then cough on others or on a surface, and then suddenly a clean person who has a fever from the flu gets sick.

I have multiple friends and acquaintances who asked for leave from their jobs in Shanghai, been denied the leave, and just straight out quit their job. Schools are also shut until Feb 17th, and if the situation hasn’t improved I have no doubt the closure would be extended.

Do not trust any official reports from China on what the situation is like over here. Censorship is rampant. At first China claimed it was all under control. But just yesterday Xi Jinping himself admitted the virus was accelerating and China was in grave danger. It’s not good when even a communist government admits it’s ****ed.

Vaccines themselves take months to develop, and then months and years to test and manufacture and distribute. We cannot count on a vaccine if this breaks out globally. Hopefully better treatments will be discovered meanwhile though. I am unsure how antibiotics affect the virus.

Confirmed cases in Australia were spread from travelers who entered the country on the 19th of January. That was a week ago. During that week, there would have been hundreds more flights from China which statistically speaking would definitely contain virus carriers. Maybe Australia’s healthcare is good and the virus won’t run rampant there like it did in China. But better to be prepared for the worst and hope for the best.

The virus has been closely compared to SARS in 2003. Since 2003 people travel a lot more, there are a lot more flights, and the world is just so unprepared for an epidemic right now. Moreover, SARS had an R0 of 2.5 (Every infected person infects 2.5 people) and Coronavirus is estimated to have an R0 of 3.8. The symptoms of SARS was also a lot more obvious. And most of the SARS infections came from a few superspreaders. Coronavirus spreads strongly amongst anyone. The incubation period is longer, with reports saying 3 days to 14 days. During incubation it’s not infectious, but it gives time for the carriers to enter a clean corona-free society. Not every infected person will have a fever either.

It’s worrying because there is nothing that China can do to contain the spread of the virus. The official death toll is growing by a dozen a day and these are all elderly people. Which to me doesn’t mean only those with weak constitutions fall victim to the virus. These are still early days and I feel like the young and healthy just take longer to succumb to it.

By worrying I mean ****ing scary. The situation here is in free fall and there’s nothing on the horizon that could possibly contain it.

Friends and family stay safe. If anyone has any questions about the situation in China just let me know.
    An important correlation, for those reading these reports who feel avalanched with information.

In my post #235, I reported from The Epoch Times:
    Faced With Existential Threat to Their Rule, Chinese Leaders Decide to Save 11 Cities From Coronavirus Epidemic: Insider

Top Chinese leaders at a Chinese Communist Party (CCP) Politburo meeting last week expressed concern that the Wuhan coronavirus outbreak may put an end to their rule. They have decided to focus on preserving 11 major cities from being devastated by the virus.

Stephen Shiu Yeuk-yuen, a senior political commentator and media professional in Hong Kong, told the Hong Kong edition of The Epoch Times on Jan. 28 that he obtained the information from an insider in the CCP’s top leadership. According to Shiu, the Politburo emergency meeting was held on Jan. 25, on the day of the Chinese New Year.

The 11 cities on the CCP’s priority list of being saved are Beijing, Tianjin, Shanghai, Guangzhou, Shenzhen, Hong Kong, Hangzhou, Xi’an, Shenyang, Harbin, and Urumqi. The CCP is prepared to protect these 11 cities at all cost, even if it means sacrificing other cities, Shiu said.

[... the report continues ...]

~~~

Of course if this is what's really happening now, there's no way this can avoid the mainstream. So we should just wait for confirmation. But if this actually is for real, it signals the true severity of the problem — which the Chinese know better than anyone, whatever they're telling the outside world.
    Last edited by Bill Ryan; 31st January 2020 at 20:20.

31. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

4evrneo (31st January 2020), anandacate (1st February 2020), justntime2learn (1st February 2020), Mercedes (31st January 2020), Pam (31st January 2020), Sadieblue (1st February 2020), Sarah Rainsong (31st January 2020), Sophocles (31st January 2020), Sue (Ayt) (31st January 2020), T Smith (31st January 2020), Tintin (1st February 2020), Yoda (1st February 2020)

32. Link to Post #257
    Thanks
    Thanked 459,753 times in 32,946 posts

A new video from Chris Martenson uploaded two hours ago, which he states is the most important of his updates so far.

He cites a study out of China published two days ago which indicates the R0 (transmission rate) of the coronavirus is over 4. (4.08, to be precise.)

That's crazy-high, and in simple terms means that each infected person will on average infect 4 other people.

Like a forest fire in which each burning tree sets fire to 4 others, and rapidly spreading uncontained wildfire is the result. (An outbreak like this can only be contained and reduced by bringing the R0 to below 1.)

He cautions that the study isn't peer-reviewed, and must be regarded as provisional and tentative. However, it's a professional study from a team of highly qualified and experienced people.

But he shows a [theoretical] table — just simple math — which predicts on that basis that IF
    1. the R0 = 4, and
    2. it stays that way,
    ...then every human on the planet would be infected many times over after just 20 days. That's what exponential growth does. (Geeky note: it's actually geometric, i.e. a parabolic near-vertical curve. But those ridiculous numbers mean there might be no mathematicians left alive to check. )

Seriously, Martenson says [my paraphrase] that of course, that's impossible. But in order to MAKE it impossible, if the R0 really is 4 (or even above 3!), everywhere might have to go into lockdown, wherever you are. In other words: be very prepared.

Last edited by Bill Ryan; 31st January 2020 at 19:56.

33. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

4evrneo (31st January 2020), anandacate (1st February 2020), David Trd1 (31st January 2020), Franny (31st January 2020), frodo13 (31st January 2020), George (1st February 2020), justntime2learn (1st February 2020), Mark (Star Mariner) (1st February 2020), Mercedes (31st January 2020), Pam (31st January 2020), pyrangello (31st January 2020), Sadieblue (1st February 2020), Sarah Rainsong (31st January 2020), silvanelf (31st January 2020), Sophocles (31st January 2020), T Smith (31st January 2020), Tintin (1st February 2020), Yoda (1st February 2020)

34. Link to Post #258
    Thanks

Quote Posted by DeDukshyn (here)

I just want to point out that this is pretty much standard medical practice. Testing for viruses is expensive and requires specific resources that are limited. You just can't test everyone in an outbreak - not possible.
    I agree, that's the point.

You have to consider several aspects:
    • the timeline: Chinese scientists analyzed and published the virus's genome on Jan. 10 -- that was a requirement to create a diagnostic test
    • the current diagnostic test (PCR) is time-consuming and expensive (see quote below)
    • there is a lot of chaos on the administrative level in China, for sure

Quote Once news of the outbreak in China reached his lab, his team quickly created several versions of a coronavirus test, hoping that some would be a match for the new virus with pneumonia-like symptoms.

„When there was the first release of the sequence from China“ – in mid-January – „we immediately compared our candidate tests with this sequence, and we saw that almost all our candidate tests were right,“ he said.

Now his tests (and others like them) can be dispatched to determine whether someone has the new coronavirus, in a kind of genetic-sequence matching game.

[...]

In the US, tests are being done only at the CDC in Atlanta, with a „reverse transcription polymerase chain reaction“ test, or RT-PCR, which can convert RNA into DNA and amplify genetic sequences, making them easier to study and compare.

In China, like in the US, virus samples were initially sent only to a Beijing lab for testing, but tests are now being run in Hubei province, where the Wuhan virus originated, Reuters reported on Monday. Results from each test come back in one to two days.
    https://www.businessinsider.de/inter...0-1/?r=US&IR=T

35. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to silvanelf For This Post:

anandacate (1st February 2020), Bill Ryan (31st January 2020), DeDukshyn (1st February 2020), justntime2learn (1st February 2020), Pam (31st January 2020), Sadieblue (1st February 2020), Sarah Rainsong (31st January 2020), Sophocles (31st January 2020), Tintin (1st February 2020)

36. Link to Post #259
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,013 times in 2,113 posts

Thanks Bill for that YOu tube video just above, its 19 minutes long but really lays out the groundwork in a calm and easy understanding way why to quarantine as a tool against the spread. And that the contagion rate is pretty high of this virus and that getting sick does not mean your going to die. He explains that every area that gets hit geographically at this point are not going to be able to function as usual for a while and that widespread quarantines are probably the only good tool the government has to help fight against this in its present form. There's alot of what ifs, but at this snapshot in time today, he spells it out pretty well. I recommend watching this .

37. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to pyrangello For This Post:

4evrneo (31st January 2020), anandacate (1st February 2020), Antagenet (31st January 2020), Bill Ryan (31st January 2020), David Trd1 (31st January 2020), justntime2learn (1st February 2020), Pam (31st January 2020), Sadieblue (1st February 2020), Sarah Rainsong (31st January 2020), silvanelf (31st January 2020), Tintin (1st February 2020)

38. Link to Post #260
    United States Moderator Sue (Ayt)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,912 times in 2,594 posts

Coronavirus: Bay Area's 1st case confirmed in Santa Clara County, CDC says
    The Santa Clara County case marks the seventh confirmed case in the United States. There are two other cases in California, one in Arizona, one in Washington state, and two in Illinois.
    https://abc7news.com/health/bay-area...ra-co/5895060/
    "We're all bozos on this bus"

39. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Sue (Ayt) For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (1st February 2020), Bill Ryan (1st February 2020), David Trd1 (1st February 2020), justntime2learn (1st February 2020), Pam (31st January 2020), Sadieblue (1st February 2020), Sarah Rainsong (31st January 2020), Tintin (1st February 2020)

Closed Thread
Page 13 of 154 FirstFirst 1 3 13 23 63 113 154 LastLast