+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Free Land in Canada and the USA

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,263 times in 199 posts

Default Free Land in Canada and the USA

I happened upon several articles that listed communities in Canada and the USA that are offering free - or almost free - lots of land to those who would like to live in smaller communities or who would like to homestead.

The articles were put out between 2017 and 2019, as far as I can tell, so some of the communities might no longer be offering land, while other communities might have been added to the list.

Canada - Nine Canadian Towns Just Giving Away Free Land

Not listed in that article but I believe offering inexpensive lots is McAdam, New Brunswick. Another article about that community here. In an article I read but now can't find, I read that this offer has been very successful for McAdam, and that a neighbouring community is going to consider offering additional land in the same manner.

Yukon - there are lots of articles about land available in the Yukon for hardy souls who wish to homestead and farm. More detailed info here.

USA and Canada - 27 US and Canadian Cities Giving Out Free Land in 2019

Rarely is anything as easy or as straight-forward as it initially seems, so it pays to do one's research before launching into offers like this. Still, for the adventurous, and for those who would like a change of lifestyle (from the big city to small-town-living, for example), these might be fun options to explore.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Nenuphar For This Post:

Bill Ryan (22nd January 2020), Forest Denizen (22nd January 2020), Ioneo (22nd January 2020), Mark (23rd January 2020), TomKat (22nd January 2020), toppy (22nd January 2020), wondering (22nd January 2020)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,328 times in 2,365 posts

Default Re: Free Land in Canada and the USA

This probably isn't as great a deal as it sounds. You can buy off-grid rural undeveloped acreage for pretty cheap all over the place.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TomKat For This Post:

Bill Ryan (22nd January 2020), Forest Denizen (22nd January 2020), toppy (22nd January 2020), wondering (22nd January 2020)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,263 times in 199 posts

I'm sure. And for those who would prefer to live in a town, rather than starting from scratch on an acreage or being off-grid, there are the free or low-cost community lots outlined in the articles I posted links to.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nenuphar For This Post:

Bill Ryan (22nd January 2020), Forest Denizen (22nd January 2020), toppy (22nd January 2020), wondering (22nd January 2020)

7. Link to Post #4
    Netherlands Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,249 times in 232 posts

Man you guys are so lucky. I live in the Netherlands and over here to buy land is super expensive.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mypos For This Post:

Bill Ryan (23rd January 2020), Nenuphar (23rd January 2020)

+ Reply to Thread